#61538 Jan 5, 2013
Lmfaooo me too :)
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#61539 Jan 5, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
"Democrats To Obama: Keep Constitution On The Table In Debt Ceiling Fight."
Click here:
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/democra...
Amen Sassy, our President Obama should put the 14th Amendment on the table.........and use it. That's why it is there!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#61540 Jan 5, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
I cannot reiterate frequently enough my amazement at the number of multi-millionaires who post on Topix.
Yeah OA, it's mind-boggling to myself also.......but I really think they are all "wanna-be multi-millionaires".
tinkywinky

Salisbury, NC

#61541 Jan 5, 2013
Wth do y'all keep goin on bout? Otay,ther r multi-millionaires on topix, whoohoo :)
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#61542 Jan 5, 2013
What- me worry wrote:
What happened to the guber-type race, this thread has turned into a cooking show.
Don't worry Alfred, we always get back to politics.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#61543 Jan 5, 2013
tinkywinky wrote:
Wth do y'all keep goin on bout? Otay,ther r multi-millionaires on topix, whoohoo :)
There are??? Are you sure? Lol!

Location hidden

#61544 Jan 5, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Don't worry Alfred, we always get back to politics.
Good Morning, Dunlapian ...and yes, we do. After all, it's the Politcal Thread for political discussions...at least, that's how I think of it.

Location hidden

#61545 Jan 5, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Amen Sassy, our President Obama should put the 14th Amendment on the table.........and use it. That's why it is there!
I wish he'd learn to be more of a "Poker Player" and stop showing his hand.
tinkywinky

Kodak, TN

#61546 Jan 5, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
There are??? Are you sure? Lol!
why neone y'all keep sayin that? Wats the bug deal?I dnt get it,but otay :)
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#61547 Jan 5, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask you one question - hypothetically. Let's say a bill got passed that taxed the 50% of citizens that do pay taxes 100%. That would get our debt down to about $15 trillion and would leave a deficit of about $1 trillion. I am very curious to know what the country should do to erase the debt and operate on a balanced budget from there.
Cute ! And a great talking point which I have heard Rush use a few times, but not valid in any way. This assumes a one time payment of 100% of income one time, and government can tax 30 or 40 or 50% of income all the time....Just in case you can't use a calculator.....as an example, four years of taxing an income at 50% DOUBLES the takings you lay out. You imagine a finite one time taking instead.
tinkywinky

Kodak, TN

#61548 Jan 5, 2013
Rt,I got ten bucks n I'm outa smokes wich leaves five :) yay me :) lmao
tinkywinky

Kodak, TN

#61549 Jan 5, 2013
Yea,lk wat I jst found,millions not :)
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#61550 Jan 5, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
Would you People please stop obsessing over the Gov't. taking your Guns away and wait until you see what what proposals, on Gun-control Legislation, are really going to be and if you can live with them.
There will be plenty of time for you to register your opposition, when that happens, if you don't like what the proposals are and cannot support them or compromise on them.
You are getting all worked up before you even know what you're getting worked up over! Isn't that alittle ridiculous?
Your right Sassy, even myself as a Progressive Democrat having seen how the GOP was engaged in "Voter Suppression", I'm sure our President Obama will not touch the 2nd amendment. If anything our President will just make our "Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness"(Declaration of Independence) a little easier.
A Republican friend of mine and advid gun owner reminded me of "The Battle of Athens, Tn.", so I reminded him of the "GOP Voter Suppression".
http://voxvocispublicus.homestead.com/Battle-...

Location hidden

#61551 Jan 5, 2013
tinkywinky wrote:
<quoted text> why neone y'all keep sayin that? Wats the bug deal?I dnt get it,but otay :)
It was sarcasm. We don't really think there are any on here.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#61552 Jan 5, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish he'd learn to be more of a "Poker Player" and stop showing his hand.
Good morning Sassy. More often than not President Obama has a poker face before a big event, but to be a really good poker player he also has to know how to "play" those that he is playing. I will just wait and see what happens when all the players show their hand.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#61553 Jan 5, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, from now on I am going to call you out every time you grossly misstate the facts, which you do quite often.
I am assuming you live in Tennessee because you state your county sales tax rate is 9.75%. I will also assume you live in East Tennessee. However, the unemployment rate in East Tennessee is 6.4%, well below the national average. If what you stated were true, our unemployment rate would be higher than the national average. Basically, you are wrong on this.
You also state that most jobs are at minimum wage. The median income for East Tennessee is close to $50,000. Does that sound like a minimum wage only area to you? Compare that to the national average. Again, you are wrong.
Most people in East Tennessee were born and bred here, and yes, have made a good living and retired here. Yes, there are people who retire here because there are no state income taxes, but guess what, Florida or Texas don't either. All three of these southern states, i.e. TN, TX and FLA are in the south. Do you honestly think the the citizens of all three states can't afford to retire in their home state due to low paying wages? Where do you think they live? Last time I checked, Florida, Tennessee and Texas weren't suffering from a low per capita income level. Once again, you are wrong on this account.
I'm sorry you are not happy with your life here, but it has nothing to do with businesses, the wealthy or the government. It has everything to do with you. Blaming everyone but yourself won't solve your problems and even if we taxed the wealthy 100% and had a liberal house of representatives, you wouldn't benefit one iota.
Stating your opinion is one thing, but blatantly lying about the facts is another. If you feel you have to continue to do this, it might be a good idea to at least make your misstatements a little more believable because right now you are simply the crazy lady posting on Topix 24 hours a day.
Well "Pete" I don't know where you live in East Tennessee, but where I live the unemployment rate is over 10%....and the median income is UNDER $26,000 and unless something happened to the map overnight, I live in East Tennessee.
Further, jobs that pay more than $9.00 an hour with any benefits are rare unless they are in County Government, the electric co-op, or the school system. These are facts. I puled up the statistics on surrounding counties, and they aren't much better and one was even worse. Even in the larger cities, the figures I found don't come close to those you posted....what was that you were saying about grossly misstating facts ?
tinkywinky

United States

#61554 Jan 5, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
It was sarcasm. We don't really think there are any on here.
u just said,we know ther r

Location hidden

#61555 Jan 5, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Your right Sassy, even myself as a Progressive Democrat having seen how the GOP was engaged in "Voter Suppression", I'm sure our President Obama will not touch the 2nd amendment. If anything our President will just make our "Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness"(Declaration of Independence) a little easier.
A Republican friend of mine and advid gun owner reminded me of "The Battle of Athens, Tn.", so I reminded him of the "GOP Voter Suppression".
http://voxvocispublicus.homestead.com/Battle-...
Dunlapian, I never knew about this. I am astounded that this would ever happen in the United States of America, much less in my own State.
I'm going to look it up and see who was President and who was the Governor of TN.
tinkywinky

United States

#61556 Jan 5, 2013
Gd touchscreen fone,I feel like throwin it out the gd window 24-7

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happen to the VFW 19 min white trash 18
change is good. The Fugitives 19 min white trash 4
who is terran sumey 20 min lowrider 9
Body found in Greeneville creek 3 hr megan 4
Mayor Daniels tries to pull Fast one 3 hr Janet 1
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 3 hr Agnus 4,848
Greene County Schools 3 hr watching the news 115
get rid of Robert Sayne 4 hr county resident 64
Beverly Casteel 9 hr Ms M 24
new sheriff says you are to old 14 hr lie and conqure 63