Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#61513 Jan 4, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think for one second that anyone on here believes you are a wise, intelligent, intellectual on government policies, you couldn't be more incorrect. Why in the world would you expect us to believe you are a long time government connoisseur of government knowledge when you post on Topix forums 24 hours a day. And what makes you believe that I have only become interested in governmental regulations for the past 4 or 5 years? I have been voting for 48 years and I can assure you, I take my vote seriously and know exactly what congressmen do and how the system works. And why you think Fox News is able to influence any election is beyond me. Did "The View" get our president elected? If not, then why do you blame Fox News for anything you don't agree with?
Maybe OT is a great person and maybe the total opposite of your lunatic way of thinking, but I could care less how and why he switched parties. What does that have to do with anything? Here's a reality check, nobody takes anything they read on Topix seriously mainly because of people like you.
Let me ask you one question - hypothetically. Let's say a bill got passed that taxed the 50% of citizens that do pay taxes 100%. That would get our debt down to about $15 trillion and would leave a deficit of about $1 trillion. I am very curious to know what the country should do to erase the debt and operate on a balanced budget from there.
If 535 Congress Members don't know the answer to that question, what on Earth would make you think that I would?

I have posted so many Links with some very good suggstions and opinions as to how to reduce the Deficit, without serious damage to any Group of Citizens that I couldn't possibly remember them all. But, they all made sense to me. Too bad you didn't read them.

But, one thing they all agreed on and that is, that if we can put People back to work, the Deficit problem would take care of itself! that is what the President has tried to focus on, JOB Growth to get People back to work and the Teapublicans have fought him every step of the way, in the Name of "winning an election"! I firmly believe that had they not done that, this Nation would have been alot further along in it's Economic Recovery than it is now! So, in my opinion, you are blaming the wrong Political Party and the wrong Group of People, and the wrong President, for the Deficit and for us not being faster as getting these Problems behind us and moving on.
And it was reported by many Sources, while Bush was President , that his Administration was not counting in the Price of the 2 Wars, in the Deficit. That's where the term, "putting them on a credit card" came from. He was borrowing the Money for them, which increased the Deficit greatly, but not counting that borrowing money for them, in the Deficit figure , while he was President. when Obama got elected, he immediately added the cost into the Deficit, so the American People would be prepared for whatever might have to be done about it and understand why.

There was a New York Square Ticker Tape that used to run constantly, counting up the amount of the Deficit, while Bush was President, and several TV Programs would go to it every day and show it. I think David Letterman was one of the programs that did that every night, if I remember correctly, but there were Others also, just not as frequently. I think the TODAY show did it everyday, too.
This was done to try and let the People know that the Deficit figure coming from Bush's White House, was not accurate.
flbrat

Fort Pierce, FL

#61514 Jan 4, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think for one second that anyone on here believes you are a wise, intelligent, intellectual on government policies, you couldn't be more incorrect. Why in the world would you expect us to believe you are a long time government connoisseur of government knowledge when you post on Topix forums 24 hours a day. And what makes you believe that I have only become interested in governmental regulations for the past 4 or 5 years? I have been voting for 48 years and I can assure you, I take my vote seriously and know exactly what congressmen do and how the system works. And why you think Fox News is able to influence any election is beyond me. Did "The View" get our president elected? If not, then why do you blame Fox News for anything you don't agree with?
Maybe OT is a great person and maybe the total opposite of your lunatic way of thinking, but I could care less how and why he switched parties. What does that have to do with anything? Here's a reality check, nobody takes anything they read on Topix seriously mainly because of people like you.
Let me ask you one question - hypothetically. Let's say a bill got passed that taxed the 50% of citizens that do pay taxes 100%. That would get our debt down to about $15 trillion and would leave a deficit of about $1 trillion. I am very curious to know what the country should do to erase the debt and operate on a balanced budget from there.
Nice. Very nice.

Location hidden

#61515 Jan 4, 2013
And BTW "Pete"...I haven't watched "The View" since Rosie O'Donnell left! It never was one of my favorites, so don't assume things with no basis for that assumption.
You Fox News Watchers are so obvious, because it's the only Station on the air, that puts out so much and so completely wrong information and you Devotees parrot that false information almost word for word, like you've memorized it!
Two sentences of so completely wrong statements , that really don't make any sense if you would use your brain to reason it out...and I know immediately where it came from...Fox Fake News! And you FFN Devotees do that in practically every Post you make!

Location hidden

#61517 Jan 4, 2013
And btw, Ed, my Puppy is cuter than your Mama dog! Lol! Look at that little face...:)

Location hidden

#61520 Jan 4, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
How could you ever have personal experiences when you post on Topix forums 24 hours a day? Sometimes you should just read what you post, it is very comical.
I'm glad to give you a laugh during your day...I kinda think that maybe you need it.

I know you won't believe this, but my Life consists of more than 3 years...which is the amount of time that I've been on Topix.
I KNOW...hard to believe, isn't it...because it seems like a Lifetime! LOL!

Location hidden

#61521 Jan 4, 2013
"Democrats To Obama: Keep Constitution On The Table In Debt Ceiling Fight."

Click here:
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/democra...
tinkywinky

Whittier, NC

#61522 Jan 4, 2013
Wat she said

Location hidden

#61523 Jan 4, 2013
tinkywinky wrote:
Wat she said
Tw, is the "she" you're referring to, Nancy Pelosi? If it is, I totally agree with you. This is another case where I don't understand Obama's thinking. Washington Politics is like a Poker Game, there's alot of "bluffing" that goes on between the two Political Parties, in negotiations over Policies for the Country. So, even if I had no intention of using the 14th Constitutional Amendment, I certainly wouldn't tell the Teapublicans that. Yet, Obama just did. His way of negotiating seems to be to make promises to the American People and then, not keep them...but, he doesn't seem to have any ability to out-maneuver any of his Opposition, to get what he says he wants.
Biden will probably have to handle this up-coming "Poker Game", too!...SMH...

Location hidden

#61524 Jan 4, 2013
This will bore the heck out of some of you and fascinate some of the Others. but, my personal thought was, "What a Bunch of Balogna"! Look how much we're spending for this, and this is the best we can get for the massive amount of our spent Taxpayer dollars? What a Rip-off!
----------
"The Future According To The U.S. Intelligence Community."

(" Megatrends, Game-Changers, Black Swans, Techonic Shifts, and a world not that different from 2012.")

Click here:
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/01/u...

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#61525 Jan 4, 2013
I cannot reiterate frequently enough my amazement at the number of multi-millionaires who post on Topix.

Location hidden

#61526 Jan 4, 2013
I've heard this sooo many times. I hope the Gov't. means it this time, but I doubt it!
----------
"Safer Food Is On Its Way."

Click here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/new-fd...

Location hidden

#61527 Jan 4, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
I cannot reiterate frequently enough my amazement at the number of multi-millionaires who post on Topix.
You think so, huh! LMAO!

Location hidden

#61528 Jan 5, 2013
"Secrets And Lies Of The Bailout."

("The Federal Rescue of Wall Street didn't fix the Economy--it created a permanent bailout state based on a Ponzi-like confidence scheme. And The worst may be yet to come.")

Click here:
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/sec...

Location hidden

#61530 Jan 5, 2013
"Is Hillary Clinton's Break-Neck Pace Taking A Toll?"

("Her recent health scare has fueled concerns about her grueling schedule.")

Click here:
http://www.startribune.com/politics/national/...

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#61531 Jan 5, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, then...I always wash the Orange ALOT under running water before I peel it. then, I watch my hands the same way, with Anti-bacterial soap. Then, I score the Orange all the way around into 4 different peelings and I do my best not to let the outside of the peeling touch the fruit as I'm peeling it off , in four sections. then, I was h y hands , again before I start eating the fruit. all of this to to TRY and limit any exposure to salmonella or E-coli that may be on the outside of the Orange Peeling and to keep it from contaminating the fruit. Kinda like they tell you to do after you handle a raw chicken, when preparing it for cooking.
If you knew what was on the hands of the Foreigners that handle that fruit that comes from other Countries , that we have no Natural Immunity to, it would scare you to death...even Mexicans, that were born and raised around sewage running in the streets, as well as their Ancestors before them. they have a Natural Immunity to the bacteria found in that Sewage, but we don't because we are so much more advanced in our hygiene, in this Country, and have been for generations. We don't have Sewage in the streets that we are exposed to daily and haven't had in hundreds of years, if ever.
China uses Sewage water to grow the Frozen Shrimp in, that Walmart sells....betcha didn't know that, either.
I could go on and on, if I could think of all of the Foods and the Countries that we import the Food Products from, that I've read about in Investigative Reports over the years. It is astounding and Appalling! And that's one reason that we keep having these Rcalls of Dangerous Food Products, AFTER they make People sick...it's the Ingredients in the Food Product, the sanitary conditions in the County the Ingredient came from, and the Hygiene of the Workers in the Plant where the food Product is made....and most of them are NOT American.
I do my oranges like you, only I dont sanitize my hands after peeling...... I will remember to start doing that

Location hidden

#61532 Jan 5, 2013
Selena 33 wrote:
<quoted text>I do my oranges like you, only I dont sanitize my hands after peeling...... I will remember to start doing that
I use Palmolive Anti-bacterial Detergent and Hand-soap because it seems to be easier on my hands and be sure to rinse your hands well. I also use different kinds of Hand Moisturizer at night, if necessary, especially in the Winter-time.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#61533 Jan 5, 2013
I do know about all the nasty bad uninspected food , at one time (long time ago) I was in nutritional class Cinti. Tech My teacher told us about the workers who fell into the huge food vats, they didnt miss them because there was always someone to take their place 1920s and 30s ........ they would find a belt buckle or other objects , that let them know a body or two had been cooked up, I have heard to soak brocoli and other types of veg. in salt water, do you do that? I dont like salt. I have really enjoyed your food comments, I am not very political so this is refreshing, thank you, have insomnia, so back to bed.
tinkywinky

Smartt, TN

#61534 Jan 5, 2013
I use dawn,its my fav lmao

Location hidden

#61535 Jan 5, 2013
tinkywinky wrote:
I use dawn,its my fav lmao
Dawn is alittle hard on my hands, unless I use the one that's White with Oil of Olay in it. So, I usually mix it, part Dawn for the job, and part Palmolive for my Hands. Palmolive rinses clean, also...leaves no residue.
tinkywinky

Smartt, TN

#61536 Jan 5, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Dawn is alittle hard on my hands, unless I use the one that's White with Oil of Olay in it. So, I usually mix it, part Dawn for the job, and part Palmolive for my Hands. Palmolive rinses clean, also...leaves no residue.
lolz I like the original dawn,guess I'm jst old fashioned lmao idk..but we know wat we like tho :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US NITROGEN buys 4 dollar horse for 150 k 9 min dingleberry 6
greene county grand jury 15 min info 1
Mayor Daniels tries to pull Fast one 32 min Xxx 8
County Budget Heading For Red 42 min butch 2
***** last post wins ***** 45 min Trunketeer 51
What's a bored housewife to do? 47 min Trunketeer 10
OBAMAcare sucks because it ain't free 56 min Trunketeer 9
Body found in Greeneville creek 1 hr Fishing Man 7
get rid of Robert Sayne 3 hr Get rid of him 65
Scintillaire Restaurant 6 hr atethere 25