Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#61367 Jan 3, 2013
Rep. Michele Bachmann(R-MN)could care less about Hurricane Sandy or re-authorizing "Violence Against Women Act".
Instead she re-introduced legislation to repeal "The Affordable Care Act". House Republicans have unsuccessfully voted "33 times" to eliminate Health Care Reform.
The biggest bull ever

Trenton, TN

#61368 Jan 3, 2013
I 've never seen so many arm chair Politicians in my life. If all of you know so much about how it should be done then perhaps you guys should run for an office and start making a change.
Really Sassy

Big Sandy, TN

#61369 Jan 3, 2013
Nuh wrote:
Rosy Outlook - All Sunshine And Lolipops
Healthcare premiums are expected to RISE an average of 6% in 2013...Obamacare notwithstanding. Employers will face higher premiums and the costs will be passed along in part to employees.
Shipping costs will go up 4.5% to 4.9% at both UPS and FedEx.
Food prices on meat, poultry, and dairy products are all expected to rise in 2013. Last summer's drought caused lower yields for feed corn & grass. It costs more to feed animals that eat them. Ranchers and farmers reduced the size of their herds due to the higher feed costs...therefore beef & chicken is gonna be higher. The U.S. Dept. of Agriculture expects food prices to rise 3.5%- 4% in 2013.
Social Security withholding UP - check that paycheck...it will show you.
*If you truly believe that Food Prices are going up, THIS YEAR, because of drought conditions, then you are a bigger Fool than I give you credit for.
Last year, yes, because there was a shortage due to the Drought...but this year, NO, that's NOT the reason...NOT in this Country!
Here's what's happening, I believe from reading everything I can find on the subject...We are the biggest Supplier of the World's Food supply. There are droughts in other Countries that can affect food prices for THEM, this year, but it should NOT affect ours, yet it does. Why??? Two reasons...#1-We're subsidizing the cheap food prices that the Farmers are charging other Poorer Nations for the food our Farmers send to them!#2-The Big Agri-Businesses are gouging us, using the "Drought" excuse!
The Big Oil Companies do it, among Others , and now the Big Agri-Business are doing it, too!
Think back, have you ever know any Prices for something we HAVE to have, that went up because of a legitimate reason, such as a shortage for whatever reason...to EVER go back down when that shortage was over???
And now that these Big Agri-businesses are supplying most of the World's Food Supply, they will have an excuse every year to raise the raise the price of food, by a lot, because there is ALWAYS some Natural Disaster, somewhere in the world, every year, that affects that Regions Food Supply, but they will charge us for it and make Profits that will stagger your imagination, instead of just raising the price to the Nations affected, who are usually Poorer than we are, as a Country and as Individuals!
It's always a Chain Reaction...if One Group of Greedy Corporations, such as the Big Oil Companies, do it to us, then it's not long before the Other Groups of Greedy Corporations will start doing the same thing...right now, it's the Huge Agri-businesses. They wait for an excuse and then, they "pounce" and the, they continue to do it forever, until the Gov't. steps in and puts a stop to it, which won't happen with this Teapublican-controlled Congress that caters to the Rich and Powerful, and they know it! To ever stop it, there will have to be a Democratic-controlled Congress and President and even then, the American People will have to put alot of pressure on them , to ever stop the gouging of Americans by the Huge Corporations, of any kind!
THAT is how "Bought and Paid For" Corrupt our Federal Government has become and we're ALL paying the Price and so is our Nation! There's NO HOPE for changing the Teapublicans, but there is, for changing the Democrats...at least NOW, before they get any worse. But, I don't know how long that "chance of changing them" will last, before they totally succumb to the Rich and Powerful influence, also!
Really Sassy

Big Sandy, TN

#61370 Jan 3, 2013
The biggest bull ever wrote:
I 've never seen so many arm chair Politicians in my life. If all of you know so much about how it should be done then perhaps you guys should run for an office and start making a change.
*I've posted before that I have been closely watching Federal Politics since JFK was assassinated because that woke me up and I wanted to know as much as I could about what our Gov't. was doing, how it works, and why!
If you choose to stay ignorant to all of that, don't you dare criticize any of us that don't! People who make the choice that you have made, is the reason this Country is going to He*l in a Handbasket! Only a Fool does not watch what the Gov't. is doing, when it affects your Life everyday! It's the way this Country was set up to be...watched by the Public...and it's what the Founding Fathers intended us to do and it is our Patriotic Duty!
So either, Get with the Program, Do your Patriotic Duty, or Shut The He*l Up and Get Out Of the Way of the Ones of us who are trying to!
Really Sassy

Big Sandy, TN

#61372 Jan 3, 2013
JVC wrote:
<quoted text>The "morons" you speak of are the Fox watchers. Most uninformed viewers in the country. Their just to dizzy to realize it. Having the most viewers means nothing . http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2011/11...
*Absolutely!
Folks, Forbes is a very Conservative Source, so if even they are trying to tell you that Fox is worthless as a legitimate News Source...how much more is it going to take to make you believe it?

Watch it if you like, but just bear in mind that it's NOT News nor is it meant to be...it's just entertainment, THAT'S ALL it is!
Seymour

Knoxville, TN

#61373 Jan 3, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
*Absolutely!
Folks, Forbes is a very Conservative Source, so if even they are trying to tell you that Fox is worthless as a legitimate News Source...how much more is it going to take to make you believe it?
Watch it if you like, but just bear in mind that it's NOT News nor is it meant to be...it's just entertainment, THAT'S ALL it is!
I've known some know it alls, but you are amazing. Is there anything you don't need to put your two cents into?
Leroy Snot

Vonore, TN

#61374 Jan 3, 2013
David Barton is the most dangerous person in this world! This is the guy that puts out most of the false crap that has brain washed christians and conservatives! Do some research on this guy!!! http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/01/02/to-th...
Really Sassy

Bucharest, Romania

#61375 Jan 3, 2013
Seymour wrote:
<quoted text>
I've known some know it alls, but you are amazing. Is there anything you don't need to put your two cents into?
*I'm a know it all and a smart@ss.
Really Sassy

Big Sandy, TN

#61376 Jan 3, 2013
Seymour wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Thank You...you're pretty "incredible", yourself!
And NO, not if I have an opinion about it!
Anymore questions???
Really Sassy

Big Sandy, TN

#61377 Jan 3, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>*I'm a know it all and a smart@ss.
I whole-heartedly agree!*
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

#61379 Jan 3, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> If I understand you correctly, you think a wealthy person's money is worth more than my time. I strongly disagree. Every minute I get is precious to me including the ones I am wasting now. That rich man's money is easily replaced but the 40 hours a week I may spend laboring for him will never be replaced, yet he gets a lower tax rate for his "investment" of money than I get for investing 40 hours of my life. That wealthy man may double his money or lose half of it but my 40 hours are gone forever.....yet they are taxed at a HIGHER rate than his "investments".
I will reply by saying a 40 hour investment of your time is worthless unless it provides some type of benefit for the company you are working for. You are not getting paid for your time, you are getting paid for your results. Every wage earner is being paid for the results of their work, not their time. Investors are paid for risking their money they have already paid taxes on and that rate is the same for everyone. Save your money and invest it wisely and you too can pay only investment tax rates. But every wage earner falls under the progressive tax system. You can philosophize it all you want, but this is how our current system works and has worked for quite some time. Your philosophy is why the system is broken today.
Really Sassy

Bucharest, Romania

#61380 Jan 3, 2013
Leroy Snot wrote:
David Barton is the most dangerous person in this world! This is the guy that puts out most of the false crap that has brain washed christians and conservatives! Do some research on this guy!!! http://alu5.6fszqip5c23fu545.uk 35.e/2013/01/02/to-the-conserv ative-christian-leadership-hat e-is-a-virtue-audio/
*Leroy have you turned gay on me?
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

#61381 Jan 3, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> If I understand you correctly, you think a wealthy person's money is worth more than my time. I strongly disagree. Every minute I get is precious to me including the ones I am wasting now. That rich man's money is easily replaced but the 40 hours a week I may spend laboring for him will never be replaced, yet he gets a lower tax rate for his "investment" of money than I get for investing 40 hours of my life. That wealthy man may double his money or lose half of it but my 40 hours are gone forever.....yet they are taxed at a HIGHER rate than his "investments".
So you think just showing up for work means you should get paid and pay less taxes. For example, you show up for work, take an 8 hour nap, and since you have invested your time you need to make at least minimum wage, get healthcare, pay less taxes and qualify for unemployment if you are terminated due to lack of performance? Do you not see something wrong here? And you are also right by saying you will not hear Fox News supporting this philosophy. But guess what, you also won't hear a lot of other tv stations, organizations or other people supporting this philosophy. I am also amazed that you think a Topix poll legitimizes your philosophy. What type of people do you think are actually responding to a poll on Topix? Nobody uses a tv station to develop thoughts about something as important as our government and way of life. Misinformation is most often spouted by people like you who have to find some venue to spew forth an opinion. Instead of trying to guess the how's and why's of why people disagree with you, why don't you try opening your eyes and strictly looking at the facts. The only fact that is important is our debt and deficit. Having most or all of our taxes go to foreign institutions to pay interest is the death of any economy. And it is people like you that wonder why US manufacturers ship jobs overseas. If the workforce in the U.S. thinks that all they have to do is show up for work to get paid, why would a manufacturer make anything here? You are not entitled to your wages, you have to earn them.
Leroy Snot

Vonore, TN

#61382 Jan 3, 2013
JVC wrote:
<quoted text>The "morons" you speak of are the Fox watchers. Most uninformed viewers in the country. Their just to dizzy to realize it. Having the most viewers means nothing . http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2011/11...
http://www.politicususa.com/fox-news-calls-ri...
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

#61383 Jan 3, 2013
Leroy Snot wrote:
Do you honestly think that posting links to liberal blog sites supports your viewpoint of Fox News? I can post links to several conservative blog sites that contradicts everything you are posting. Blog sites aren't facts. Do you not think a university in New Jersey is going to develop a poll that contradicts their political philosophy? Of course not. If you post facts and your interpretation of them, that's fine. But if you think people are going to believe you or consider you credible by doing this you're just plain wrong. And if you're going to blast me for being a conservative, you are wrong again. I am in favor of more taxes, but more spending cuts as well. And I do not form an opinion by watching a tv station.
Vet

Atlanta, GA

#61384 Jan 3, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
And the "Terrorist Surveillance Program" had anything to do with actually watching terrorists? Did you rail against that one?
Part of the reason we are in debt is the Republicans' affinity for starting wars "off the books."
Well, actually, we didn't start a war. The terrorists started it on 911. Would you allow the murders of 3000 plus citizens on American soil with no response? Yes, you probably would.
Vet Too

Jonesborough, TN

#61385 Jan 3, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, actually, we didn't start a war. The terrorists started it on 911. Would you allow the murders of 3000 plus citizens on American soil with no response? Yes, you probably would.
Amen Vet. These are the type of people that would blame Hawaiians for instigating the Japanese in World War II. Incredible!
Vet

Atlanta, GA

#61386 Jan 3, 2013
JVC wrote:
They aren't dizzy enough to use "to" when the correct word is too. having the most viewers means a lot when it come to revenue from commercials. Wise up.
Vet

Atlanta, GA

#61387 Jan 3, 2013
Vet Too wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Vet. These are the type of people that would blame Hawaiians for instigating the Japanese in World War II. Incredible!
Or the Jews for the murders of 6 million of their people. Thanks for your service.
Vet Too

Jonesborough, TN

#61388 Jan 3, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
Or the Jews for the murders of 6 million of their people. Thanks for your service.
And thanks for yours. Sometimes it's kind of hard to read some of these posts. These people bash the very people that have fought for their right to choose a political affiliation. I would love to take them on a personal tour of Kabul and show them what it is like not to have a choice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rice Bowl Restaurant... 25 min Dr Wu 2
Scintillaire Restaurant 27 min Dr Wu 21
gays marrying in 30 states 30 min Dr Wu 26
$80.000 for left nut (Apr '12) 35 min billyboy 24
lol west greene vs. greeneville 36 min LMAO 24
Is every woman a drug addict? 39 min GApeach-TNflower 9
CHENEY was he the devils helper ? 41 min Dr Wu 4
new sheriff says you are to old 2 hr Release 59
get rid of Robert Sayne 3 hr resident 63
Busted ... : ( 5 hr Shebrke 7