Really Sassy

Big Sandy, TN

#61303 Jan 2, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect, you are misinformed once again. Whatever you want to call it, a tax break expiring resulting in having to pay more taxes is basically a tax hike. And this one hit every American getting a paycheck. The dividend tax was also raised. Believe it or not, a lot of retirees have invested their retirement IRA's, Roth and various other retirement plans in stocks that don't produce a lot of capital appreciation but do have a good dividend yield. This dividend yield provides a steady income stream to the retirees like myself that compliments social security. I am not rich by any means and rely heavily on dividend income just to pay the mortgage. This tax hike hit the wealthy AND the middle class.
You can post all the links you want, but the result is still the same. Our economy is hurting, unemployment is high, we have a tremendous debt load and running a huge deficit and our government's answer to this was to raise taxes and add to the deficit. This action can only produce one result and it isn't good. You may feel better that the wealthy now have to pay more, but this action is not going to improve your life one bit. This only worsened a bad situation. This is what politics does. You like to blame those who oppose your way of thinking on Fox News, but I have never watched Fox News in my life and Fox News has no affect on the economy whatsoever. This is the same thing as saying "Dancing With The Stars" has an affect on our economy.
True, people are hurting. But the problem lies within our political process - democrat and republican. As long as both sides neglect to compromise, we will suffer until we eventually end up like Greece where we are forced to do something after it is too late. I don't think Fox News is keeping our politicians from acting on our behalf instead of theirs.
Fox News puts out alot of misinformation to make People think just what you have just posted.
Just answer two questions for me...why would you want the 5% of the Wealthiest People in the Nation to pay a lower Percentage Rate in Taxes than you do...and why do you NOT blame the Teapublicans for NOT allowing Everybody , but that same 5 %, to keep the Tax Cuts that Obama gave them to help them get through this economic downturn, until we got back on our National feet , again?
Really Sassy

Big Sandy, TN

#61304 Jan 2, 2013
Hey wrote:
Any Libyan wanting to be a farmer in given land to farm,equiptment,livestock and seeds.
On July1,2011 1.7 millon people assembled in Green Square Tripoli against the NATO bombing of Libya.
this was one third of the population.
The Libyan bank is state owned and unlike banks in the west it is not run by Rothschild and issues debt free money.
In 1995 Libya was accused of bombing the Pan Am 103 and it has transpired that the US paid witnesses 4 million each to testify against the accussed Libyan men.
They were paid to lie and since have recanted their evidence.
Qaddafi was also working to change payment on Libya's oil away from US dollar to the gold African dinar.
This move prompted Sarkosy to call Libya a threat to the financial security of mankind.
One of the first acts of the rebels(AlQaeda run rebels)
was to create a CENTRAL BANK(Rothschid owned).
Rothschild owned banks create money out of thin air and sell it to the people at interest.
That means we never have enough to pay back what is owed.So we and our children are made into debt slaves to Rothschilds banking interests.
Libya was debt free.
Qaddafi is dead and Libya is last I saw somewhat in the hands of AlQaeda.
Strange.
So, the bottom Line is that Qaddafi was threatening to bring the World to it's knees by withholding Oil from the World Market, starting with France. Is that the REAL threat that he posed?

Didn't Bush go to War in Iraq, for the very same reason, control of it's Oil? He didn't get it, but that's really why we went in, to get complete control of it.
A shortage of Oil, being held back in any of the large Oil-producing Countries, would spread like wildfire thoughout the Countries wanting to exert their Power without firing a shot. Since Oil is the Life-blood of all Developed Countries, any attempt to withhold it, would definitely be considered an act of War because it would render any Country it was withheld from, completely powerless. So, what would you expect to happen to Libya or any other Oil-producing Country that tried to do such a stupid thing? Qaddafi was indeed trying to render take over the World...he was just trying to do it, in a backdoor way because that's the only way that he stood a chance of succeeding and he knew it. He also knew that the World's Industrialized countries would never allow him to start that ball rolling, for their own survival.
Really Sassy

Big Sandy, TN

#61305 Jan 2, 2013
One more thing, I think Al Qaeda just moved in and took advantage of the situation that Qaddify created. They seem to have a knack for doing that, I've noticed. Syria, Yemen, Pakistan, North Africa...
Really Sassy

Big Sandy, TN

#61306 Jan 2, 2013
Cornbread wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I have..
Too many experienced and capable people have been asked to step up. All said they didn't want the job.
The web that has been woven by our Government is so large, and too tangled . A labyrinth of pit falls, dead ends, lobbyist, and behind door deals. I wouldn't want to jump into that mess either.
Exactly! And that started when our Gov't.(Congress) became more interested in serving the Super Wealthy Corporate Interests and Individuals than in serving the People Interest. It was called the "Trickle Down" Theory of Economics!
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#61307 Jan 2, 2013
Hey wrote:
In 1951 Libya was thepores country in the world.
Before NATO invasion the Libyans enjoyed the highest standard of living in Africa,anead of Russia,Brazil and Saudia A.
In Libya homes are considered a human right.
The newly married receive $50,000.00 to buy a home.
Electricity is free for everyone.
Qaddafi vowed to house every Libyan even before his parents.
Health care is free for everyone and of high quality.
Before Qaddafi less then one fifth of people were literate after Qaddafi 85% literacy.
If Libyans cannot find the healthcare or education they need the Libyan govt.funds them to go abroad for what they do need.
All loans are intrest free by law.
If Libtans buy a car the govt.pays 50%
Price of gas $0.14.
While I find this totally stupid, all I can say is that Obama certainly improved things.

We're next.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

#61308 Jan 2, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox News puts out alot of misinformation to make People think just what you have just posted.
Just answer two questions for me...why would you want the 5% of the Wealthiest People in the Nation to pay a lower Percentage Rate in Taxes than you do...and why do you NOT blame the Teapublicans for NOT allowing Everybody , but that same 5 %, to keep the Tax Cuts that Obama gave them to help them get through this economic downturn, until we got back on our National feet , again?
Ok,I will answer your questions, and again, with all due respect, please try to keep from homing in on politics, your spite for the wealthy or anything else emotional.

The wealthiest income earners pay a higher rate than I do. We are part of a progressive tax system. The more you make the more you get taxes. Wealthy people who do not have to work for an income have investment income. Investment income is taxed at the same rate for everyone. Comparing investment income to earned income is like comparing apples to oranges. The IRS set up lower tax rates for investment income to incent investment. The wealthy had to have earned income to invest or they inherited income to invest. The earned income was taxed at a higher rate than lower income earners and inherited income was taxed at estate tax rates. The money they have net of their taxes was put at risk in investments. Some investments earn big rewards, some cause big losses. Putting money at risk wisely can sometimes pay off. What you don't hear about is the money lost in investments. There are also tax incentives for losses but nobody ever talks about these. But to simply answer your question, the wealthy pay higher tax rates than me in earned income and pay the exact same as me in investment income. Sorry, but those are the facts.

Regarding your second question, I don't think you fully understand the politics that went on during this deal. Republicans didn't want any taxes raised whether it be wealthy people or poor people. However, they were willing to raise rates on the wealthy, get the tax break in place for payroll taxes as long as this increase in tax revenue was not used for additional spending and used to reduce the deficit. The senate would not agree to this. Their stance was no deal on any spending cuts. Congress's stance was no deal unless there are spending cuts. Alas, they were at an impasse. This is why I do not blame strictly the Republicans because we are not going to get back on our feet until the debt load and deficit are reduced. Sooner or later, at this rate, we are going to get to a point where we can tax our population 100% and not be able to pay the interest on our debt. Our tax money won't be going back to the citizens, it will be going to whoever is loaning us all this money. You also forget that almost half of our population don't pay any taxes at all. To me, this is a good enough break.

I can sincerely and respectfully say that I am not a big fan of politics for either side. I am retired and saved for my retirement. I can pay my bills and live somewhat comfortably, but I can't afford luxuries that are not necessary to keep me alive. I am willing to pay more in taxes to see our country reduce its debt. I am not for paying more taxes to see our government spend more money. I am not saying our country is full of freeloaders, but I do know our country's work ethic is not what it used to be. Just look at how many people who can't afford it play the lottery.

In my opinion, our country needs to be lead by people who want to better our country rather than their political careers. Only then will we get our feet back under us. Our political system is the demon, not the wealthy, not Fox News, not Republicans and not Democrats. If you are placed in a situation where the only possible outcome is failure, does that make you a failure? Our congressmen and senators are put in this type of scenario.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#61309 Jan 2, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
One more thing, I think Al Qaeda just moved in and took advantage of the situation that Qaddify created. They seem to have a knack for doing that, I've noticed. Syria, Yemen, Pakistan, North Africa...
My problem is the Libya rebels were supported and financed by us folks.
I definately have issues with the good AlQaeda Bad AlQaeda thing.
We have lost our freedom according to the controlers because of AlQaeda. We get a molestation job at the airport because of AlQaeda.
But yet we support them in Libya and Syria and now we just have to send more troops to African countries because of Al Qaeda.
Then the bad AlQaeda will mysteriously become the good AlQaeda in Africa.
It all looks like a friggen snow job if you ask me.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

#61310 Jan 2, 2013
Sorry, one more thing. Our country is predominantly center of the left and center of the right. We need a more centralized government where each side isn't an "all or nothing" mentality to get anything done. It is our job to elect politicians who will do this.
Really Sassy

Big Sandy, TN

#61311 Jan 2, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect, you are misinformed once again. Whatever you want to call it, a tax break expiring resulting in having to pay more taxes is basically a tax hike. And this one hit every American getting a paycheck. The dividend tax was also raised. Believe it or not, a lot of retirees have invested their retirement IRA's, Roth and various other retirement plans in stocks that don't produce a lot of capital appreciation but do have a good dividend yield. This dividend yield provides a steady income stream to the retirees like myself that compliments social security. I am not rich by any means and rely heavily on dividend income just to pay the mortgage. This tax hike hit the wealthy AND the middle class.
You can post all the links you want, but the result is still the same. Our economy is hurting, unemployment is high, we have a tremendous debt load and running a huge deficit and our government's answer to this was to raise taxes and add to the deficit. This action can only produce one result and it isn't good. You may feel better that the wealthy now have to pay more, but this action is not going to improve your life one bit. This only worsened a bad situation. This is what politics does. You like to blame those who oppose your way of thinking on Fox News, but I have never watched Fox News in my life and Fox News has no affect on the economy whatsoever. This is the same thing as saying "Dancing With The Stars" has an affect on our economy.
True, people are hurting. But the problem lies within our political process - democrat and republican. As long as both sides neglect to compromise, we will suffer until we eventually end up like Greece where we are forced to do something after it is too late. I don't think Fox News is keeping our politicians from acting on our behalf instead of theirs.
Where on earth did you get the idea that Obama wouldn't compromise? He gave away more than he promised he would, when he was campaigning and still the Teapublicans held out until they almost sent us over the Cliff , with no way back , over ONE issue...keeping ALL of the Tax Advantages for the 5% of the Super Wealthy! Not you or me, but 5% of the Wealthiest People in this Country, who need it the very least and won't even miss it when it's gone...but they're Greedy! And to even get the Teapublicans to agree to a Partial...PARTIAL, decrease in the Bush Tax Cuts for those 5%, Obama had to give the Teapublicans an increase on the Taxes that YOU pay! You're subsidizing their Super Rich's reduction of the lower Taxes they paid, thanks to Bush! But, it was the only way that the Teapublicans would agree to a Deal to keep the Country from going back into another Recession! You have a right to be "mad as He*l", but you should be mad at the Teapublicans, not Obama! He had no other choice...it was either that or let the Country and ALL of it's People go into another Recession, that we could not survive again, this quickly after the last One, while our Economy is still weak!
Hey

Manchester, TN

#61312 Jan 2, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
I don't know what it's like now that those peoples country is now in the hands of our friends and or maybe not our friends.
AlQaeda moved into a situation we helped create.
Now I'm hearing we will be in 30 African countries to train them.Hopefully not as we trained AlQaeda in Afghanistan to go up against the Russians and then us leading to the TSA in our under drawers.
Them AlQaeda suckers sure get around don't they?
Hey

Manchester, TN

#61313 Jan 2, 2013
When those in this government let the bankers commit fraud ,let Big Pharma kill people with drugs these companies know are deadly and at times the FDA also knew they were deadly and no one goes to prison.When this government does experiments on it's own people causing pain and death and this just continues and this kind of stuff is ok with them.
Does this in anyway look like people one can trust.
Would you have anyone like this for your friend would you marry someone who does these things who takes money to benifit themselves from people who do this and just cover it up?
If this is ok with us what is that saying about you and me.
Really Sassy

Big Sandy, TN

#61315 Jan 2, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what it's like now that those peoples country is now in the hands of our friends and or maybe not our friends.
AlQaeda moved into a situation we helped create.
Now I'm hearing we will be in 30 African countries to train them.Hopefully not as we trained AlQaeda in Afghanistan to go up against the Russians and then us leading to the TSA in our under drawers.
Them AlQaeda suckers sure get around don't they?
Our Government Leaders have always said that Al Qaeda was a Worldwide Organization, and that's one thing they were right about.
We defeat them on one Country...or run them out... and they just pop up in another One. They're like cockroaches...with weapons... you just can't get rid of them, it seems.
We have to train the Africans to fight them, because we cannot defend the whole world, alone! And if they get another strong foothold in any Country, they will do just what they did before, another Massive Terrorist Attack on us, in our own Country! So, what choice do we have but to follow them , like a Bloodhound on the trail of an Escaped Convict, to try and keep them from regrouping into a Strong Force, capable of doing to us, what they did before? We'll probably be playing this dangerous game of Life and Death with those SOBs for the rest of MY live and maybe, even my Kids' Lives! The more of them you kill, the more they recruit! But, as far as I can see, we have no choice!
Hey

Manchester, TN

#61318 Jan 2, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, the bottom Line is that Qaddafi was threatening to bring the World to it's knees by withholding Oil from the World Market, starting with France. Is that the REAL threat that he posed?
Didn't Bush go to War in Iraq, for the very same reason, control of it's Oil? He didn't get it, but that's really why we went in, to get complete control of it.
A shortage of Oil, being held back in any of the large Oil-producing Countries, would spread like wildfire thoughout the Countries wanting to exert their Power without firing a shot. Since Oil is the Life-blood of all Developed Countries, any attempt to withhold it, would definitely be considered an act of War because it would render any Country it was withheld from, completely powerless. So, what would you expect to happen to Libya or any other Oil-producing Country that tried to do such a stupid thing? Qaddafi was indeed trying to render take over the World...he was just trying to do it, in a backdoor way because that's the only way that he stood a chance of succeeding and he knew it. He also knew that the World's Industrialized countries would never allow him to start that ball rolling, for their own survival.
Why are we selling US oil to China?The oil we sooooooooooooo much want,our very own oil to not depend on that foreign oil.
So if we want our own oil why are we given up what we say we want?
Really Sassy

Big Sandy, TN

#61319 Jan 2, 2013
Hey wrote:
When those in this government let the bankers commit fraud ,let Big Pharma kill people with drugs these companies know are deadly and at times the FDA also knew they were deadly and no one goes to prison.When this government does experiments on it's own people causing pain and death and this just continues and this kind of stuff is ok with them.
Does this in anyway look like people one can trust.
Would you have anyone like this for your friend would you marry someone who does these things who takes money to benifit themselves from people who do this and just cover it up?
If this is ok with us what is that saying about you and me.
It's a horrible statement on what our Government and our Society have become, IMO, and we should ALL be ashamed that we let it happen.
But, sadly enough, it seems that there is only a small fraction of us that care enough to even pay attention to what's going on,'til this day. The biggest Majority are only concerned with how they can "cash in" on the huge profits that this corruption is generating! Until that changes and the biggest Majority wants things to change more than they want the Money that corruption generates for some of them...I don't foresee it getting any better. A small number of People can't do much to change it, unfortunately! It's going to take the most of us demanding that things change and agreeing on what change we want to see.
I sometimes think that the stategy of "Divide and Conquer" is at play here...so that while we squabble and fight with each other over Ideology, they can keep right on doing what they are doing, with no hindrance or opposition!
Hey

Manchester, TN

#61320 Jan 2, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Government Leaders have always said that Al Qaeda was a Worldwide Organization, and that's one thing they were right about.
We defeat them on one Country...or run them out... and they just pop up in another One. They're like cockroaches...with weapons... you just can't get rid of them, it seems.
We have to train the Africans to fight them, because we cannot defend the whole world, alone! And if they get another strong foothold in any Country, they will do just what they did before, another Massive Terrorist Attack on us, in our own Country! So, what choice do we have but to follow them , like a Bloodhound on the trail of an Escaped Convict, to try and keep them from regrouping into a Strong Force, capable of doing to us, what they did before? We'll probably be playing this dangerous game of Life and Death with those SOBs for the rest of MY live and maybe, even my Kids' Lives! The more of them you kill, the more they recruit! But, as far as I can see, we have no choice!
We supported the AlQaeda in Libya and Syria and they do pop up and they seem to be our friends and enemies however it seems to suit us at the time.So we have to train the Africans to fight AlQaeda.Will we also teach them how to recognize the good AlQaeda from the bad AlQaeda cause the good ones,the ones we give arms to and support,well we wouldn't want them to bother those AlQaeda.

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#61321 Jan 2, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Government Leaders have always said that Al Qaeda was a Worldwide Organization,
?????

"Your hero" President Obama, campaigned on the premise that Al Qaeda is dead and Ford is alive. His words, not mine. I guess that is one "Government Leader" who has not said that. Oh, wait...Obama.... He's the big guy. Right?
Really Sassy

Big Sandy, TN

#61322 Jan 2, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
We supported the AlQaeda in Libya and Syria and they do pop up and they seem to be our friends and enemies however it seems to suit us at the time.So we have to train the Africans to fight AlQaeda.Will we also teach them how to recognize the good AlQaeda from the bad AlQaeda cause the good ones,the ones we give arms to and support,well we wouldn't want them to bother those AlQaeda.
The Reports that I've read said that we didn't know that the Opposition to the Reigning Power were Al Qaeda and that we still aren't sure...that they have only been reported to be Members of Al Qaeda, by unreliable Sources. Granted that I've not been keeping up with it lately and things could have changed, but that was the last I knew. I don't even know if we stopped giving them Arms and Aid when we started hearing those reports, but I know we had already given them a bunch, before we heard those Reports.
Frankly, I've been too worried about what was happening here, to worry very much about it, over there...except where we have Troops on the Ground.
Really Sassy

Big Sandy, TN

#61324 Jan 2, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>?????
"Your hero" President Obama, campaigned on the premise that Al Qaeda is dead and Ford is alive. His words, not mine. I guess that is one "Government Leader" who has not said that. Oh, wait...Obama.... He's the big guy. Right?
OSAMA BIN LADEN was dead and General Motors(?) is alive!
Really Sassy

Big Sandy, TN

#61325 Jan 2, 2013
"Cantor's Revolt Exposes Republican Rift In Fight For Party's Future."

Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/02/cantors...
Really Sassy

Big Sandy, TN

#61328 Jan 2, 2013
"Hillary Clinton Discharged."

By DONOVAN SLACK and MAGGIE HABERMAN |
1/2/13 6:37 PM EST

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has now been discharged from the hospital after three days of treatment for a blood clot near her brain.

"Her medical team advised her that she is making good progress on all fronts, and they are confident she will make a full recovery," spokesman Philippe Reines said in a statement. "She's eager to get back to the office, and we will keep you updated on her schedule as it becomes clearer in the coming days."

"Both she and her family would like to express their appreciation for the excellent care she received from the doctors, nurses and staff at New York Presbyterian Hospital Columbia University Medical Center."

The release comes just hours after cameras captured her leaving briefly for tests.

She has been in the hospital since Sunday undergoing treatment of the clot that developed between her brain and skull following a concussion she suffered in a fall last month.

UPDATE: Her daughter, Chelsea, also took to Twitter to thank the doctors.

Read more about: Hillary Clinton

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wheel tax 5 min Greeneville Mafia 85
Greg Hopson 8 min LiLi 1
South Greene High School Football 14 min buh 4
Booster basketball 20 min bingo 31
Happy birthday to Magna Carta 21 min z0neCrew 1
live at the valley 33 min concerned citizen 40
Just announced! 500th post wins trip to Hawaii. 1 hr Alex Nicole 176
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 1 hr Melissa1333 6,578
Harold Limburg (Funeral Director) arrested for... (Apr '10) 6 hr peewee 114
inmate dead 7 hr Greeneville Mafia 62
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:11 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:11AM
Which Panthers Free Agents Will Return in 2015?
NBC Sports 6:32 AM
Panthers G.M. on Cam Newton: "We want him here. I want him here"
NBC Sports 3:31 PM
Report: Sal Sunseri to leave Florida State for position with Oakland Raiders
ESPN 8:07 AM
Spygate, 'culture of cheating' vexes ex-GM
Yahoo! Sports10:47 AM
Former Panthers GM wonders if Patriots cheated in their Super Bowl