BC Alien

United States

#59781 Dec 20, 2012
insider info wrote:
<quoted text>It is secret C.I.A. info. But I think there should be stuff on the web now.
Oh it was such a good ending. Little sassy leaves topics forever because her avatar legs are just so superior to the down to earth posters on the net and leaves us with the ending statement "the net just is and it goes on forever and forever"(as long as you pay your ISP)

It could be I just had a 20hr neurotic break from topics and psychotic users on topics have taken over my machine making it appear I'd make such a happy ending for some users :(???

If Spielberg were making Taken now he would need to stop at the hostage scene in E7 (God's Equation). The schizo with the gun would with much blood and gore shoot everyone then himself and the little alien would come in for the final scene with the wisdom:

There are no gods nor aliens only some mentally ill people due to bad DNA combinations from birth. The government will dance around with gun control and blaming environmental factors such as movies people watch or violent games people play while never getting to the root problem. The people need better mental health treatment and those determined to have psychotic problem should be kept away from weapons because you can never know when they will have a break from reality the rest of us live in.
The only government conspiracy is the lack of agreement by the "sane" people to realize the real problem and deal with it.

Well that's my version for an ending, what's yours?
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#59782 Dec 20, 2012
Nuh wrote:
Adam Lanza was taking A POWERFUL ANTI-PSYCHOTIC DRUG…like many of the other mass killers in recent years. Hmmmm, let’s ban the drug that induces people to kill people instead of the guns that law abiding citizens use to protect themselves.
http://gillreport.com/2012/12/ct-shooter-was-...
Well Nuh, I believe you are partly right........this latest mass shooting was a combination of many many factors. Not just one, it was like a perfect storm if you will of many many factors coming together at the same time. I really don't have an answer, other than we all have to step back and look at ourselves as a cultural Society, as that is how we will be judged in the future. We cannot keep going on the path we are taking now as far as "what is the norm", we as a cultural Society have to change that.
No one issue is the answer, but if we take baby steps and correct these issues one at a time, maybe just maybe we can get a hold of these violent events or at least slow them down.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#59783 Dec 20, 2012
LEGION_for_we_are_many wrote:
<quoted text>
False Flag operations are "Historical Facts":
http://www.wanttoknow.info/falseflag
The incidents cited in this Report are true incidents, but a Conspiracy Theory has been woven out of the Incidents that is NOT true! If you had been keeping up with them at the time they happened, you would know this! And did you notice that the words, "could be" and "may have" is used throughout the Article. Not once did the Author say, this "IS" what really happened and this "is" the reason it was done, and this "is" who ordered it! It's total BS!
I'm amazed at the ability of some Authors to make a Conspiracy Theory out of "Santa Clause" and the "Easter Bunny", but they're definitely out there! I'm even more amazed that some of you People believe them and why? we've got enough of REAL and TRUE Threats to us and our Nation, we do NOT need to be inventing more imaginary Ones!
Dammit, watch something and read something from some Reliable Sources, including Reliable News Organizations, Books written by those who carried out the Operations or were personally involve or in Command of these Operations...they are numerous! Almost Everybody personally involved in any major Historical Operation, winds up writing a Book, telling what really happened from the "Inside" viewpoint, anymore...and there's usally more than One Person, personally involved, who writes One about it!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#59784 Dec 20, 2012
Who believes what's written here? http://www.wanttoknow.info/falseflag
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#59785 Dec 20, 2012
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Again, by all accounts,his mom was a law abiding citizen would not have had such a clip in her home.
Reasonable people can disagree on lots of things, but....anyone who believes they need an assault rifle with a 50 round clip to hunt anything or for self protection is not a reasonable person.
I refuse to believe the false opinons of people instead of the truth.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#59786 Dec 20, 2012
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to brush up on your sarcasm skills. You've been rather lame since the election.
That wasn't sarcasm.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#59787 Dec 20, 2012
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Reasonable people can disagree on lots of things, but....anyone who believes they need an assault rifle with a 50 round clip to hunt anything or for self protection is not a reasonable person.
Would you also say that "anyone who believes they need an automobile with 450HP to get to work is not a reasonable person?"

Again, the number of people killed by "assault rifles with a 50 round clips" is ridiculously low.

All show, no real solutions.

Location hidden

#59788 Dec 20, 2012
MV Shotgun wrote:
Who believes what's written here? http://www.wanttoknow.info/falseflag
I spotted more than on incident that was cited that I was glued to the TV, for information when it happened and i know it was misrepresented in this Article. Therefore, I KNOW it isn't true! So, when you find one or more things in an Article that you know isn't the way it happened or the reason it happened, it's a safe bet to assume the whole Article is just a fabrication and a product of the Author's Imagination, NOT FACTS!
People need to keep up with things as they happen and stop living in the Past. Then they would be able to determine BS , when they read it in the future, about those PAST Incidents!

Location hidden

#59789 Dec 20, 2012
Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
I refuse to believe the false opinons of people instead of the truth.
OK, then what IS the Truth, as you see it?
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#59790 Dec 20, 2012
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you also say that "anyone who believes they need an automobile with 450HP to get to work is not a reasonable person?"
Again, the number of people killed by "assault rifles with a 50 round clips" is ridiculously low.
Does "ridiculously low" rates of death mean we must accept a number of devastatingly tragic shootings of school kids with assault weapons with 50 round clips to satisfy people like "Nuh" who seem to think no limts on weapons are necessary ? You will not find many parents who would agree if it were their kid in the sights of another Lanza.

Location hidden

#59791 Dec 20, 2012
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
While I agree that banning Assault Rifles and/orthe Clips and Ammo, in the near future, will do very little, if anything, to help the problem...I do not think anybody "needs" an Assault Rifle, other than to "shoot" their way out of a situation, such as a "shoot-out" with the Cops, who mostly do NOT carry Assault Rifles with them! And it might limit the damage done to the Victims of Murder, but dead is still dead and that could be done with any gun. An Assault is just quicker and more efficient at killing the most amount of People in the shortest amount of time, and more likely that None of them will survive.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#59793 Dec 20, 2012
You may not like guns, and choose not to own one. That is your right. You might not believe in God. That is your choice. However, if someone breaks into your home the first two things you're going to do are: 1) Call someone with a gun. 2) Pray they get there in time

Location hidden

#59794 Dec 20, 2012
Well, Assault Weapons Fans, you just might as well get ready for it because this Little Girl's Letter, whether it was prompted by her Parents or it was her own idea, will practically GUARANTEE an "Assault Weapons Ban" Law from Congress!
----------
"Sister Of Newtown Victim Makes Gun Control Plea In Letter To Obama."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/anderson-...

Location hidden

#59795 Dec 20, 2012
Nuh wrote:
You may not like guns, and choose not to own one. That is your right. You might not believe in God. That is your choice. However, if someone breaks into your home the first two things you're going to do are: 1) Call someone with a gun. 2) Pray they get there in time
Who are you talking to?
BC Alien

United States

#59796 Dec 20, 2012
Nuh wrote:
Adam Lanza was taking A POWERFUL ANTI-PSYCHOTIC DRUG…like many of the other mass killers in recent years. Hmmmm, let’s ban the drug that induces people to kill people instead of the guns that law abiding citizens use to protect themselves.
http://gillreport.com/2012/12/ct-shooter-was-...
Let's not ban drugs the medical profession have determined to be helpful in dealing with a serious but poorly understood syndrome of schizophrenia. Let's do keep weapons of any kind out of their hands. If this report is true then the mom was ignorant of what her son's health involved. It was not the first nor will it be the last until we start to deal with mental health in this country.

Back in the last '80s or early '90s there was a tragedy in Jackson TN. Two cops picked up a schizophrenic black man who was know to them to be mentally ill. The man was in a fuge state when they picked him up placing him in the back of the car to give him a ride home. Their mistake was not searching him for a weapon. He came to himself, not knowing where he was took out his pistol, shot and killed both officers.

So when are we going to deal with the mentally ill rather than sweep it under a rug and deny there is a problem?

Just think of this poor mom like you would Sara Palin. Palin really believed abstinence education would prevent her daughter from premarital sex and pregnancy. The CT mom never once thought her son's reality could be so removed from the norm he would be capable of such an act. Such is the danger of ignoring peoples mental health in a society.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#59797 Dec 20, 2012
Top Conservative Publication: Shooting Occurred Because Women Ran The School

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/12/19/1...
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#59798 Dec 20, 2012
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Does "ridiculously low" rates of death mean we must accept a number of devastatingly tragic shootings of school kids with assault weapons with 50 round clips to satisfy people like "Nuh" who seem to think no limts on weapons are necessary ? You will not find many parents who would agree if it were their kid in the sights of another Lanza.
Oh. Well. In 12 hours, it won't matter anyway.

ch’abej chik.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#59799 Dec 20, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
While I agree that banning Assault Rifles and/orthe Clips and Ammo, in the near future, will do very little, if anything, to help the problem...I do not think anybody "needs" an Assault Rifle, other than to "shoot" their way out of a situation, such as a "shoot-out" with the Cops, who mostly do NOT carry Assault Rifles with them! And it might limit the damage done to the Victims of Murder, but dead is still dead and that could be done with any gun. An Assault is just quicker and more efficient at killing the most amount of People in the shortest amount of time, and more likely that None of them will survive.
Unfortunately I think you are exactly right "Sassy". The best that can be hoped for is to lessen the impact of a shooter. There is no way to completely protect even innocent school children from people hell bent on killing them. It is sad to think that monsters walk among us.

Certainly mental health plays a role in this, but even there....where do we draw a line ? Should the person diagnosed with depression be required to turn in their guns ? At what point and under what circumstances do we deny a person with a mental issue their second amendment rights to own a gun ? What about the privacy right that is explicit between a patient and his or her doctor ? Do we turn doctors and mental health workers into policing entities required to make public the private mental issues of their patients ? Who with a mental health problem would be willing to visit a doctor knowing that they might make that personal issue public ? This seems a much harder issue to address than an assault weapons ban and a limit on the size of clips that can be legally sold. Tough issues....

Location hidden

#59800 Dec 20, 2012
The Original Amused wrote:
Seems like we've got some People running a Conservation Publication that need to have a battery of Mental Health Tests run on them! Then again, it's so obvious that they are NOT Mentally Healthy, one Mental Health Test might be all that's required and that would just be a Formality!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#59801 Dec 20, 2012
The Original Amused wrote:
Yes "OA" I heard this on the radio this morning. Then there is the theory offered by some conservatives that taking God out of the schools is the reason for this disaster. Personally, I find both theories the work of idiots. Simplistic solutions to extremely complex issues are always offered by those who want to close their eyes to reality and hide their heads in the sand,
None of these ideas are dangerous. But the solution being proposed in Tn. could be. Arming teachers is by far the most idiotic thing I have heard from Nashville since they decided guns should be allowed in bars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cops can balance the budget NOW 9 min Hooked 7
South Greene High School Football 14 min Rip 8
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 26 min Red_Forman 6,786
Who was ur favrite doet? 34 min meh 6
my greeneville on FB (Jan '14) 42 min Bob 40
Marathon on tusculum Blvd 47 min To late 4
ANOTHER bad wreck on 107 51 min Booger_ Burns 17
Wreck on Erwin hwy 4 hr Really 64
wheel tax 6 hr fedupcitizen 187
Eddie Jennings 8 hr fred sanford 74
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:11 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:11AM
Which Panthers Free Agents Will Return in 2015?
NBC Sports 6:32 AM
Panthers G.M. on Cam Newton: "We want him here. I want him here"
NBC Sports 3:31 PM
Report: Sal Sunseri to leave Florida State for position with Oakland Raiders
ESPN 8:07 AM
Spygate, 'culture of cheating' vexes ex-GM
Yahoo! Sports10:47 AM
Former Panthers GM wonders if Patriots cheated in their Super Bowl