Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#59440 Dec 16, 2012
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it possible Topix doles out punishments?
Are we on the s--t list.
Are bthey ticked off that we didn't take them to the Ritz with us last night?
Look now they are putting in extra letters.See the b before they .That's not my doing.
I think you've hit on it. It's because of the "not talking them to the Ritz with us last night", but they'll just have to get used to it, I guess, because I don't want to take them the next time, either. Lol!
BTW, I had a really nice time.:)
Hey

Manchester, TN

#59441 Dec 16, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure what kind of "junk" you're talking about...remember, I'm not very knowledgeable about computers, so if you answer, break down for "dummies", OK? Lol!
As soon as I posted that Post about the Moderators, I started having trouble and was signed out of Topix and my Search Provider, also. That always happens and it can't be a coincidence. I wasn't having any trouble up until then, not today.
It says Java exploit severe.I don't know much about computers either.
If a sawzall won't do it I'm lost.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#59442 Dec 16, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you've hit on it. It's because of the "not talking them to the Ritz with us last night", but they'll just have to get used to it, I guess, because I don't want to take them the next time, either. Lol!
BTW, I had a really nice time.:)
I believe some wolves have rabies.

Location hidden

#59443 Dec 16, 2012
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
It says Java exploit severe.I don't know much about computers either.
If a sawzall won't do it I'm lost.
Hey, I had to Google "sawzall" to know what it is. Uh...I don't think you should use that on your computer in any way, but that's just my opinion. Lol!
BC Alien

United States

#59444 Dec 16, 2012
I got a java box as well but no idea what it meant

Location hidden

#59445 Dec 16, 2012
I didn't get one. I had to google it a few minutes ago, to see what it is.
I checked and I don't have it.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#59446 Dec 16, 2012
They have discovered a crystal pyramid in the Bermuda Triangle.
Is this the amswer to the strange disappearances of ships and planes?
Wait.The disappearing letters on topix
Seriously

Scottsville, KY

#59447 Dec 16, 2012
Could be you need to remove the older versions of Java before installing a newer version.

You really don't need Java I have it disabled. But here is a site with some good advice.

http://blog.teesupport.com/how-to-remove-heur...

Good luck
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

#59448 Dec 16, 2012
It's probably a virus. I have gotten them from Topix before. Run CC cleaner, and then scan for virus. If your scanner finds one, be sure to remove it. Sometimes they can be a real pain to completely get rid of.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#59449 Dec 16, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
I didn't get one. I had to google it a few minutes ago, to see what it is.
I checked and I don't have it.
A java box?
I thought java was more like a tv station.Like a cyber station in the computer of sorts.
Do not ask me what I am talking about because I do not know.
I am waiting for someone to jump in here with all the answers.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#59450 Dec 16, 2012
Seriously wrote:
Could be you need to remove the older versions of Java before installing a newer version.
You really don't need Java I have it disabled. But here is a site with some good advice.
Good luck
Thank you for appearing.So it's not something evil attacking my java?
Then I'm ok with that.
Being the target of topix was disturbing enough but a jave attack was making me a bit uncomfortable.
You are my Hero.Thankyou.

Location hidden

#59451 Dec 16, 2012
Seriously wrote:
Good luck
Amazing! I clicked on your Link and I got a WOT Warning that it is not Reliable or Safe.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#59452 Dec 16, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing! I clicked on your Link and I got a WOT Warning that it is not Reliable or Safe.
Oh no.Get out the sawzall.
Seriously

Scottsville, KY

#59453 Dec 16, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Really ? It goes right through my security. I am over protected too. Hummm

give this site a try it is Microsoft.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fo...

Location hidden

#59454 Dec 16, 2012
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no.Get out the sawzall.
Not yet, Hey, here's a Link that will tell you all about it, and what to do about it. This was the first Link when I googled it to find out what it was.

Click here:
http://krebsonsecurity.com/2012/08/attackers-...

Location hidden

#59455 Dec 16, 2012
For the Ones of you that didn't read my Link that I put up about the Connecticut Shootings, the Connecticut have aske the FBI's help in checking ALL Internet Social Sites for false information that is being posted and any threats that may be posted, about the Shootings, which the Article said is illegal to do.

I couldn't help but notice that ALL of the "Trolls" have disappeared from Topix today and I wonder if that has anything to do with it. While the FBI is checking for that, they will also see any misinformation and Threats made about and to Anybody else, I would assume. And you know that Topix being the biggest Social Forum of all, they will surely check and monitor it. Apparently the Trolls have gotten word of that, since they've disappeared.
It's just something I noticed because Today has been the first enjoyable day of posting that I can ever remember having on Topix....because it's been Troll-free and free of Threats and Filth, except for one Poster that OT says just has some problems.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#59457 Dec 16, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
For the Ones of you that didn't read my Link that I put up about the Connecticut Shootings, the Connecticut have aske the FBI's help in checking ALL Internet Social Sites for false information that is being posted and any threats that may be posted, about the Shootings, which the Article said is illegal to do.
I couldn't help but notice that ALL of the "Trolls" have disappeared from Topix today and I wonder if that has anything to do with it. While the FBI is checking for that, they will also see any misinformation and Threats made about and to Anybody else, I would assume. And you know that Topix being the biggest Social Forum of all, they will surely check and monitor it. Apparently the Trolls have gotten word of that, since they've disappeared.
It's just something I noticed because Today has been the first enjoyable day of posting that I can ever remember having on Topix....because it's been Troll-free and free of Threats and Filth, except for one Poster that OT says just has some problems.
I saw this and I kind of wondered about this.It makes ne leary in a sense.
There are idiots out there but there has always been idiots out there.
They may be jerks but I've never heard of this before.Now it might be looking a little fishy.
It is starting to feel a bit Nazi like.
I mean idiots will not harm the investigation.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#59458 Dec 16, 2012
Guess whos back_ wrote:
I think the troll think that you are a nut case judging by the judge t`s that you are getting.
Are they right? You honestly believe in trolls?
Do you believe in the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny also?
Na.Don't believe she believes in the tooth fairy but I believe she believes she spoke too soon.

Location hidden

#59459 Dec 16, 2012
Guess whos back_ wrote:
I think the troll think that you are a nut case judging by the judge t`s that you are getting.
Are they right? You honestly believe in trolls?
Do you believe in the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny also?
Maybe you need to google the definition of an "Internet Troll", so you'll know what I'm talking about, like you don't already, MsHurl/Morphina/ etc./etc./etc/etc....

Location hidden

#59460 Dec 16, 2012
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw this and I kind of wondered about this.It makes ne leary in a sense.
There are idiots out there but there has always been idiots out there.
They may be jerks but I've never heard of this before.Now it might be looking a little fishy.
It is starting to feel a bit Nazi like.
I mean idiots will not harm the investigation.
They may not harm the investigation, although I think it will, but it will certainly inspire Copycats and cause the Families even more pain and anguish, which might just push them over the edge that they are probably very close to going over, as it is. Also, what about the increased fear of the Families and yes, even the Kids, who survived...and we all know that even some Kids that young are on the Internet, in this age of Smart Phones and PCs.

You also have to remember that you don't know what they have found on the Shooters room full of computer equipment! One Article that I read today said there were two smashed computers found in the room and the Authorities had confiscated the pieces to find out what was on them. I wonder why they were smashed and I'm sure the Police do, too. That's one reason why they are trying to put them back together, is my guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Karen Easterly (Jul '12) 5 min NiteRyder 14
Chrissy Harvey 17 min lol 10
Mail carrier won't pickup my mail??? (Dec '10) 20 min Dr Wu 116
prettiest women and men on facebook!!! 27 min Dr Wu 7
anyone know how much a load of rocks is ? (Nov '12) 29 min Dr Wu 13
Poll Does Topics make u anshious? 32 min Dr Wu 3
Attention DCS workers! (Jul '11) 32 min Stephen May 20
Lisa 38 min Dr Wu 13
***** last post wins ***** (Oct '14) 3 hr Olwen 1,754
Bible to become Tennessee state book? 6 hr Gunslinger 47