Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#58789 Dec 12, 2012
(D)imwits Ask For Delay to zerOcare Med Device Tax They Voted For In First Place...

In a letter to Majority Leader Harry Reid, 18 Democrat senators and senators-elect have asked for “a delay in the implementation” of the Obamacare medical device tax. Like most of the significant tax increases in Obamacare, the medical device tax is scheduled to take effect on Jan. 1, 2013, conveniently after the 2012 presidential election.

Each of the 18 Democrat signatories voted for or supported Obamacare in the first place. And now they want a sweetheart exemption from one of its most onerous provisions. Even in Washington DC, that shows a lot of gall.

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/docume...
frank

Germany

#58791 Dec 12, 2012
Bayless wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, the federal government has such a great track record on running things correctly - such as the federal government itself (broke), postal service (broke), social security (broke), medicare (broke), medicade (broke)...come to think of it, about the only thing the federal government can really do well is have a military that gets things done...although those $300 hammers and $500 toilet seats really do produce a drag.
you don't know the half of it.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#58792 Dec 12, 2012
The evolution of T-Bone's letter to Santa:

Dear Santa,

How are you? How is Mrs. Claus? I hope everyone, from the reindeer to the elves, is fine. I have been a very good boy this year. I would like an X-Box 360 with Call of Duty IV and an iPhone 4 for Christmas. I hope you remember that come Christmas Day.

Merry Christmas,

Timmy Jones

Dear Timmy,

Thank you for you letter. Mrs. Claus, the reindeer and the elves are all fine and thank you for asking about them. Santa is a little worried all the time you spend playing video games and texting. Santa wouldn't want you to get fat. Since you have indeed been a good boy, I think I'll bring you something you can go outside and play with.

Merry Christmas,
Santa Claus

Mr. Claus,

Seeing that I have fulfilled the "naughty vs. Nice" contract, set by you I might add, I feel confident that you can see your way clear to granting me what I have asked for. I certainly wouldn't want to turn this joyous season into one of litigation. Also, don't you think that a jibe at my weight coming from an overweight man who goes out once a year is a bit trite?

Respectfully,

Tim Jones

Mr. Jones,

While I have acknowledged you have met the "nice" criteria, need I remind you that your Christmas list is a request and in no way is it a guarantee of services provided. Should you wish to pursue legal action, well that is your right. Please know, however, that my attorney's have been on retainer ever since the Burgermeister Meisterburger incident and will be more than happy to take you on in open court. Additionally, the exercise I alluded to will not only improve your health, but also improve your social skills and potentially help clear up a complexion that looks like the bottom of the Burger King fry bin most days.

Very Truly Yours,
S Claus

Now look here Fat Man,
I told you what I want and I expect you to bring it. I was attempting to be polite about this but you brought my looks and my friends into this. Now you just be disrespecting me. I'm about to tweet my boys and we're gonna be waiting for yo' fat azz and I'm taking my game console, my game, my phone, and whatever else I want. WHAT EVER I WANT, MAN!

T-Bone

Listen Pizza Face,

Seriously??? You think a dude that breaks into every house in the world on one night and never gets caught sweats a skinny G-banger wannabe? "He sees you when you're sleeping; He knows when you're awake". Sound familiar, genius? You know what kind of resources I have at my disposal. I got your sh!t wired, Jack. I go all around the world and see ways to hurt people that if I described them right now, you'd throw up your Totino's pizza roll all over the carpet of your mom's basement. You're not getting what you asked for, but I'm still stopping by your crib to stomp a mud hole in yo' azz and then walk it dry. Chew on that, Petunia.

S Clizzy

Dear Santa,

Bring me whatever you see fit. I'll appreciate anything.

Timmy

Timmy,
That's what I thought you'd say you little baztard.

Santa
Kenneth

Livingston, TN

#58793 Dec 12, 2012
THIS REVEALS THE UTTERLY UNBELIEVABLE IGNORANCE, ARROGANCE, INCOMPETENCE AND
STUPIDITY OF OUR ELECTED (R) IDIOTS. HOW THEY RANK AS HIGH AS 10% IN AMERICA ONLY
TELLS OF THE TOTAL AMERICAN IGNORANCE. IT IS THIS IGNORANCE AND APATHY THAT IS
SINKING AMERICA AND BECAUSE OF THIS THERE IS NO WAY BACK!

Dear

Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA) has publically and vocally demonstrated his rejection of
even the most basic tenets of scientific progress and critical thought.

Evolution, embryology and the Big Bang theory are some of the major
underpinnings of modern science. Broun condemns them as“lies straight from the
pit of hell… to try to keep me and all the folks who were taught that from
understanding that they need a savior.”
This man has no right to sit on the House Science, Space and Technology
Committee, and his very presence there discredits the Committee and its purpose.

We’re calling on Ralph Hall, the Committee Chairman, to remove Rep. Broun from
the committee immediately. Join the call: sign our petition now!
PETITION TO RALPH HALL: Rep. Paul Broun has no place on a committee dedicated
to scientific progress and critical thought, as his recent comments and past
actions have proved. Please, remove Rep. Broun from the House Science, Space and
Technology Committee immediately.

>

Click here to sign -- it just takes a second.
Thanks,
-- The folks at Watchdog.net
P.S. If the other links aren't working for you, please go here to sign:
http://act.watchdog.net/petitions/1589 ...
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#58794 Dec 12, 2012
Proof positive that unions and solidarity cause brain damage.

&fe ature=youtu.be

Obama got the brain damaged vote. Go figure.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#58795 Dec 12, 2012
Nuh wrote:
(D)imwits Ask For Delay to zerOcare Med Device Tax They Voted For In First Place...
In a letter to Majority Leader Harry Reid, 18 Democrat senators and senators-elect have asked for “a delay in the implementation” of the Obamacare medical device tax. Like most of the significant tax increases in Obamacare, the medical device tax is scheduled to take effect on Jan. 1, 2013, conveniently after the 2012 presidential election.
Each of the 18 Democrat signatories voted for or supported Obamacare in the first place. And now they want a sweetheart exemption from one of its most onerous provisions. Even in Washington DC, that shows a lot of gall.
http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/docume...
I guess this is what happens when you write the law AFTER passing it.

Lawyer: "OK Mr. & Mrs. Jones, here's your rental contract. Just sign here."

Mr. Jones:'But it's blank.'

Lawyer: "Correct. We'll write it up after you sign it. You can TRUST me."

Is it just me, but does anyone see anything wrong with that exchange? Would YOU sign a contract that hadn't been written up yet?
PeopleRepblicofP ilotOI

Johnson City, TN

#58796 Dec 12, 2012
Work more for less pay its what they want .
JCTpxer

Johnson City, TN

#58797 Dec 12, 2012
Nuh wrote:
The evolution of T-Bone's letter to Santa:
Dear Santa,
How are you? How is Mrs. Claus? I hope everyone, from the reindeer to the elves, is fine. I have been a very good boy this year. I would like an X-Box 360 with Call of Duty IV and an iPhone 4 for Christmas. I hope you remember that come Christmas Day.
Merry Christmas,
Timmy Jones
Dear Timmy,
Thank you for you letter. Mrs. Claus, the reindeer and the elves are all fine and thank you for asking about them. Santa is a little worried all the time you spend playing video games and texting. Santa wouldn't want you to get fat. Since you have indeed been a good boy, I think I'll bring you something you can go outside and play with.
Merry Christmas,
Santa Claus
Mr. Claus,
Seeing that I have fulfilled the "naughty vs. Nice" contract, set by you I might add, I feel confident that you can see your way clear to granting me what I have asked for. I certainly wouldn't want to turn this joyous season into one of litigation. Also, don't you think that a jibe at my weight coming from an overweight man who goes out once a year is a bit trite?
Respectfully,
Tim Jones
Mr. Jones,
While I have acknowledged you have met the "nice" criteria, need I remind you that your Christmas list is a request and in no way is it a guarantee of services provided. Should you wish to pursue legal action, well that is your right. Please know, however, that my attorney's have been on retainer ever since the Burgermeister Meisterburger incident and will be more than happy to take you on in open court. Additionally, the exercise I alluded to will not only improve your health, but also improve your social skills and potentially help clear up a complexion that looks like the bottom of the Burger King fry bin most days.
Very Truly Yours,
S Claus
Now look here Fat Man,
I told you what I want and I expect you to bring it. I was attempting to be polite about this but you brought my looks and my friends into this. Now you just be disrespecting me. I'm about to tweet my boys and we're gonna be waiting for yo' fat azz and I'm taking my game console, my game, my phone, and whatever else I want. WHAT EVER I WANT, MAN!
T-Bone
Listen Pizza Face,
Seriously??? You think a dude that breaks into every house in the world on one night and never gets caught sweats a skinny G-banger wannabe? "He sees you when you're sleeping; He knows when you're awake". Sound familiar, genius? You know what kind of resources I have at my disposal. I got your sh!t wired, Jack. I go all around the world and see ways to hurt people that if I described them right now, you'd throw up your Totino's pizza roll all over the carpet of your mom's basement. You're not getting what you asked for, but I'm still stopping by your crib to stomp a mud hole in yo' azz and then walk it dry. Chew on that, Petunia.
S Clizzy
Dear Santa,
Bring me whatever you see fit. I'll appreciate anything.
Timmy
Timmy,
That's what I thought you'd say you little baztard.
Santa
This post is just one of the bazillion things that makes me glad to be alive.
JCTpxer

Johnson City, TN

#58798 Dec 12, 2012
Truth Detector wrote:
Proof positive that unions and solidarity cause brain damage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =u_F3oev06i0XX&feature=you tu.be
Obama got the brain damaged vote. Go figure.
Put some Boudreaux's Butt Paste all over that chapped posterior of yours and get over it. Merry Christmas ;-)
JCTpxer

Johnson City, TN

#58799 Dec 12, 2012
Nuh wrote:
The evolution of T-Bone's letter to Santa:
Dear Santa,
How are you? How is Mrs. Claus? I hope everyone, from the reindeer to the elves, is fine. I have been a very good boy this year. I would like an X-Box 360 with Call of Duty IV and an iPhone 4 for Christmas. I hope you remember that come Christmas Day.
Merry Christmas,
Timmy Jones
Dear Timmy,
Thank you for you letter. Mrs. Claus, the reindeer and the elves are all fine and thank you for asking about them. Santa is a little worried all the time you spend playing video games and texting. Santa wouldn't want you to get fat. Since you have indeed been a good boy, I think I'll bring you something you can go outside and play with.
Merry Christmas,
Santa Claus
Mr. Claus,
Seeing that I have fulfilled the "naughty vs. Nice" contract, set by you I might add, I feel confident that you can see your way clear to granting me what I have asked for. I certainly wouldn't want to turn this joyous season into one of litigation. Also, don't you think that a jibe at my weight coming from an overweight man who goes out once a year is a bit trite?
Respectfully,
Tim Jones
Mr. Jones,
While I have acknowledged you have met the "nice" criteria, need I remind you that your Christmas list is a request and in no way is it a guarantee of services provided. Should you wish to pursue legal action, well that is your right. Please know, however, that my attorney's have been on retainer ever since the Burgermeister Meisterburger incident and will be more than happy to take you on in open court. Additionally, the exercise I alluded to will not only improve your health, but also improve your social skills and potentially help clear up a complexion that looks like the bottom of the Burger King fry bin most days.
Very Truly Yours,
S Claus
Now look here Fat Man,
I told you what I want and I expect you to bring it. I was attempting to be polite about this but you brought my looks and my friends into this. Now you just be disrespecting me. I'm about to tweet my boys and we're gonna be waiting for yo' fat azz and I'm taking my game console, my game, my phone, and whatever else I want. WHAT EVER I WANT, MAN!
T-Bone
Listen Pizza Face,
Seriously??? You think a dude that breaks into every house in the world on one night and never gets caught sweats a skinny G-banger wannabe? "He sees you when you're sleeping; He knows when you're awake". Sound familiar, genius? You know what kind of resources I have at my disposal. I got your sh!t wired, Jack. I go all around the world and see ways to hurt people that if I described them right now, you'd throw up your Totino's pizza roll all over the carpet of your mom's basement. You're not getting what you asked for, but I'm still stopping by your crib to stomp a mud hole in yo' azz and then walk it dry. Chew on that, Petunia.
S Clizzy
Dear Santa,
Bring me whatever you see fit. I'll appreciate anything.
Timmy
Timmy,
That's what I thought you'd say you little baztard.
Santa
Funny!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#58800 Dec 12, 2012
PeopleRepblicofPilotOI wrote:
Work more for less pay its what they want .
.....and that is what they get, without a Union. No middle class to help the economy grow, just the very rich and the very poor and the very poor pay little if any tax. The very rich know exactly how to pay just a littleif any tax or they just dump their loot offshore, and pay no tax at all.
So then the very rich have all bells and whistles(Hatteras 80, Bertram 80, Gulfstream G-650) to get away from the day to day sweatshops they run and spend it on some exotic island far far away from America.
Jackson

South Pittsburg, TN

#58801 Dec 12, 2012
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>.....and that is what they get, without a Union. No middle class to help the economy grow, just the very rich and the very poor and the very poor pay little if any tax. The very rich know exactly how to pay just a littleif any tax or they just dump their loot offshore, and pay no tax at all.
So then the very rich have all bells and whistles(Hatteras 80, Bertram 80, Gulfstream G-650) to get away from the day to day sweatshops they run and spend it on some exotic island far far away from America.
By your logic, there is no middle class in Michigan. Less than 16% of workers in Michigan are union NOW. That means 84% are not in a union. So because there are not enough unions in Michigan (which is laughable)- there must not be a middle class.

Not sure what all the hub-bub is about...right to work laws allow workers the CHOICE to either join or not. They may very well choose to join - instead of being FORCED to join.

Where's all the PRO_CHOICE liberal outcry?
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

#58802 Dec 12, 2012
PeopleRepblicofPilotOI wrote:
Work more for less pay its what they want .
Yeah!

Maybe they'll have one of them there recall elections like say, Wisconsin did with that Scott Walker!!!

Really showed him!
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#58803 Dec 12, 2012
Truth Detector wrote:
Proof positive that unions and solidarity cause brain damage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =u_F3oev06i0XX&feature=you tu.be
Obama got the brain damaged vote. Go figure.
Obama berated right-to-work laws all over the country and expressed his support of union workers in Michigan ahead of the State House passing the legislation today.


"These so-called right to work laws, they don't have to do with economics, they have everything to do with politics.

No, it's Obama and his labor unions that have everything to do with politics and nothing to do with economics. If you want to see what labor unions have to do with the economy, take a drive thru Detroit.

In 1950, according the U.S. Census Bureau, Detroit had 1,849,568 people...by 2011, it dropped to 706,585.

What has happened to the people who remain? The Census Bureau estimates there are 563,055 people age 16 or older in the city who could potentially work and be part of the labor force. But only 54.3 percent of these — or 305,479 individuals — actually do participate in the labor force, meaning they either have a job or are looking for one.
Another 257,576 of Detroit residents age 16 or older — 45.7 percent of that demographic — do not participate in the labor force. They do not have a job, and they are not looking for one.

The 224,846 residents who do have jobs, 34,500 — or 15.3 percent — have jobs with the government. Thus, this city that boasted 1,849,568 residents in 1950 has only 190,346 private-sector workers today.

Obama said in Michigan that if the federal government does not take more money away from people who have earned it, the public schools may not be able to buy school books. But the Department of Education says that in the Detroit public schools — which have books — only 7 percent of the eight graders are grade-level proficient in reading and only 4 percent are grade-level proficient in math.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#58804 Dec 12, 2012
Appearing on MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell Reports on Tuesday, liberal Washington Post columnist Ruth Marcus lashed out against passage of Michigan's right-to-work law: "Unions are reeling, and the more states that enact measures like this, the more unions will be reeling....unions aren't going to survive when people have a choice of whether to ante up the dues or to get the benefit of being free-riders."

If unions were such a good thing, you’d think people would be clamoring to join them, and happy to pay the dues without government coercion.

Being FORCED to join sounds, well, communistic doesn’t it? But then FORCE is the only thing unions know.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#58805 Dec 12, 2012
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>.....and that is what they get, without a Union. No middle class to help the economy grow, just the very rich and the very poor and the very poor pay little if any tax. The very rich know exactly how to pay just a littleif any tax or they just dump their loot offshore, and pay no tax at all.
So then the very rich have all bells and whistles(Hatteras 80, Bertram 80, Gulfstream G-650) to get away from the day to day sweatshops they run and spend it on some exotic island far far away from America.
Actually, what you get with unions is exactly what we are experiencing, unemployment, and the movement of jobs overseas.

Cost of materials fluctuate up and down. Profits fluctuate up and down. The economy on the whole fluctuates up and down. The only thing that doesn't is unionized wages.

Faced with smaller margins, and an inflexible labor pool, businesses have no choice but to look for cheaper labor. what unions didn't expect was the opening of china, and the cheapest labor in the world.

But take heart unionistas. China is going to go through the same labor revolution that we experienced in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. As the chinese laborer gets smarter and demands more, the cost of chinese labor will go up. As it goes up, American labor should be able to compete once again. But you might have to with 30 years for this to happen.

Ohm yeah. One more problem. The communist chinese government won't pass labor legislation, like America has. They'll just kill all the workers.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#58806 Dec 12, 2012
Jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
By your logic, there is no middle class in Michigan. Less than 16% of workers in Michigan are union NOW. That means 84% are not in a union. So because there are not enough unions in Michigan (which is laughable)- there must not be a middle class.
Not sure what all the hub-bub is about...right to work laws allow workers the CHOICE to either join or not. They may very well choose to join - instead of being FORCED to join.
Where's all the PRO_CHOICE liberal outcry?
Um, how could only 16% of workers in Michigan belong to a union unless they already had a choice NOT to join a union?

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#58807 Dec 12, 2012
That would have to mean that just about the only Unions in Michigan were the Auto Workers Union and since most of the Auto Industry has either closed down or moved out of Michigan, that is the only explanation for the low number that I can think of.
Jackson

South Pittsburg, TN

#58808 Dec 12, 2012
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, how could only 16% of workers in Michigan belong to a union unless they already had a choice NOT to join a union?
Um, if they didn't join the union at a workplace that had a collective bargaining agreement...then they didn't have a job. That's a FACT.
Hijack

Nashville, TN

#58809 Dec 12, 2012
I actually have nothing to contribute to this circlejerk, I just want to finish getting my name on all the top threads....aaaaand DONE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HAWK n SPORTS wife beater laws on teh books 7 min Poor Girls 1
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 9 min BeastOfBurden 3,931
Child support a incentive to divorce faith based 11 min Cigs for newman 8
Should the rich take a pay cut and or tax incre... 14 min Money tax free 6
new sheriff in town made his 1st big change. 15 min Pardon Burns 29
I enjoy paying the rich peoples taxes 16 min Freddy Nutjob 13
Ferguson MO eye witness has video of hands up p... 18 min Brain eyehole 9
Fog lights and queers 1 hr heered worse 13
CD girls team and coach touching in the past 2 hr Fresh MuffLER 12
Mike Jackson, Jr. 6 hr Wandering 3
•••
•••
Greeneville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••