Comments
53,841 - 53,860 of 145,868 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

#58615 Dec 10, 2012
Bayless wrote:
WASHINGTON — Your medical plan is facing an unexpected expense, so you probably are, too. It's a new,$63-per-head fee to cushion the cost of covering people with pre-existing conditions under President Barack Obama's health care overhaul.
http://nation.foxnews.com/obamacare/2012/12/1...
LOL - 63 dollars huh? The insurance companies gouge us out of more than that about every visit we make for fine print that they won't pay for, so that is a small price to pay compared to the rate (if they can get insurance at all) people with pre-existing conditions pay.
billy

Livingston, TN

#58616 Dec 10, 2012
go

“30yrs in this garbage state ”

Since: May 10

sheeple country USA

#58617 Dec 10, 2012
stormy wrote:
<quoted text>
IF YOU ARE SAYING i AM CONFUSING THIS TOPIC, my health thanks to medical and people in power is not the best, and  politicians. I AM TRYING,
SOMEONE DYING THAT IS AN ACCIDENT, AND JUST OF OLD AGE , LIKE MY GRANDMOTHERS IN THEIR 90'S DIED, CAN BE UNDERSTOOD,
WHEN DOCTORS AND NURSES ARE TAKING PART IN KILLING SOMEONE,, THAT IS MURDER.
HOW MANY PEOPLE PAY A HIGH PRICE FOR THOSE IN POWER IN MEDICAL THAT DO DIRTY WORK FOR THOSE IN POWER AND THEIR COLLEAGUES , PLAYING GOD WITH HUMAN LIFE.
i TRY TO BRING OUT THE EVIL OF BOTH PARTIES , AND THOSE IN POWER THEY GET SUPPORT FROM, NOT SWEEP DIRT UNDER THE RUG.
And the FREAK SHOW continues,

Great job FREAK SHOW,

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#58619 Dec 10, 2012
"Assad Will Use Chemical Weapons, Says Former General, Now Defector>"

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/assad-chemical-weapons-...

Location hidden

#58622 Dec 10, 2012
"Suckers For Superheroes."

("We should have known all along that David Patraeus was cheesy. And Lance Armstrong mendacious. And Joe Paterno a coward. And yet.")

Click here:
http://nymag.com/news/frank-rich/david-petrae...
Hey

Manchester, TN

#58623 Dec 10, 2012
"When you buy medical insurance you are betting that you are going to get so sick you will not be able to afford it.
You pay good money every month to gain access to a system of medicine that is the third leading cause of death in the US.
We need our heads examined quite frankly."
Dr.Peter Glidden
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#58624 Dec 10, 2012
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>"Truth Detector", I believe you got your wires crossed, as there was no "Private Ryan".......it was all made up, Ryan never existed.
But this American Navy Seal did exist, he did have a life, maybe a husband, son, Father, until he was killed trying to save some Americans that had no business in a war zone.
I believe Morning Star would do a better job here in East Tennessee, helping Americans that can't get health care, or even shoes on their feet.
http://www.sproe.com/n/fritz-niland.html

Who are you to decide whether or not someone has business in a war zone?

Part of becoming a Seal is knowing that you may have to sacrifice your life.

I find it interesting that you feel such compassion for this Seal, but absolutely nothing for the four that were needlessly killed in Benghazi. At least the parents of this Seal know what happened. The parents of the Benghazi dead, still don't know, and they are being stonewalled by a president who doesn't want to admit he screwed up.

Hey

Manchester, TN

#58625 Dec 10, 2012
In a trial, small town prosecuting attorney called his first witness,an elderly women to the stand.As he approached her,he asked"Mrs.Jones,do you know me?"
"Yes,Mr.Williams,I know you."she replied."I've known you since you were a boy,and frankly you are a big disapointment to me.You lie ,you manipulate people and you talk about them behind their backs.You think you're a big shot ,but you haven't the brains to realize you will never amount to anything but a two-bit paper pusher."
The lawyer was stunned.Not knowing what else to do he pointed across the room and asked"Mrs.Jones,do you know the defense attorney"?
"Yes I do" she replied,I've know Mr Bradley since he was a youngster also.He is lazy and bigoted.He can't build a normal relationship with anyone and his law practice is one of the worst in the state".
The judge asked both attorneys to approach the bench.In a very quiet voice,he said"if either of you idiots askher if she knows me .I'll send you both to the electric chair".

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#58626 Dec 10, 2012
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.sproe.com/n/fritz-niland.html
Who are you to decide whether or not someone has business in a war zone?
Part of becoming a Seal is knowing that you may have to sacrifice your life.
I find it interesting that you feel such compassion for this Seal, but absolutely nothing for the four that were needlessly killed in Benghazi. At least the parents of this Seal know what happened. The parents of the Benghazi dead, still don't know, and they are being stonewalled by a president who doesn't want to admit he screwed up.
He probaly was a mrmber of DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS.HUMANITARIAN WORK.

Location hidden

#58627 Dec 10, 2012
"SEAL Killed In Rescue Mission Identified."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/seal-killed-rescue-miss...

Location hidden

#58628 Dec 10, 2012
"The Other Civil Rights Case The Supreme Court Will Be Ruling On."

Click here:
http://www.propublica.org/article/the-other-c...
Bubba Budweiser

Dublin, Ireland

#58629 Dec 10, 2012
Morphina wrote:
<quoted text>Drunk yet?
I'm working on it.

Location hidden

#58630 Dec 10, 2012
I know this has already been posted once, but this give alittle different perspective on the Story, plus it explains it more fully. I thought it was important to know this information, also.
----------
"The World Of 2030: U.S. Declines; Food, Water May Be Scarce."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/world-2030...
JCTpxer

Johnson City, TN

#58631 Dec 10, 2012
Stormy,
Some of us try to manage our stress without drugs, so quit adding to it by using those DAMNED CAPITALS, ok?
Just logging onto Topix every couple or three days takes enough courage, so go easy, ok?
About Dems and silence on legalizing weed, same sex marriage, etc., I believe the time has come to admit that (1) too much time and effort have gone into fighting marihuana and (2) too much hate and worry have gone into fighting something that should be very personal, i.e., choosing a mate.
Maybe if gays have rights like everyone else, they will stop those tacky parades and making *sses out of themselves.
BC Alien

United States

#58632 Dec 10, 2012
JCTpxer wrote:
Stormy,
Some of us try to manage our stress without drugs, so quit adding to it by using those DAMNED CAPITALS, ok?
Just logging onto Topix every couple or three days takes enough courage, so go easy, ok?
About Dems and silence on legalizing weed, same sex marriage, etc., I believe the time has come to admit that (1) too much time and effort have gone into fighting marihuana and (2) too much hate and worry have gone into fighting something that should be very personal, i.e., choosing a mate.
Maybe if gays have rights like everyone else, they will stop those tacky parades and making *sses out of themselves.
I think that's the problem. He's not taking the lithium the doctors told him to take.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#58633 Dec 10, 2012
JCTpxer wrote:
Stormy,
Venting on a public forum does not gain her any progress.Like Kenny Roger's song,You got to know when to walk away and when to run.When you remove yourself,all of a sudden,the problems are not there anymore.
The more she stirs it the worse she will make it.write a journal,tell her story and move on with her life.Can't take on the whole city government.It can get a lot worse.Nothing TOPIX can help her solve.Putting her business out on the street is not in her favor.It can destroy her mind dweling on it all.Needs to put it away.Turn it over to GOD to solve.She's helpless.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#58635 Dec 11, 2012
FEMA is hiring! Who said there were no jobs.‘Course they are Federal gumint jobs, so there’s some catches.

A. They’re temporary. Don’t plan on no careers here.
B. Unlike voters, you need ID.
C. There’s no union protection, so don’t be expectin’ no double time pay or anything like that. You might even have to work 12 hour days! Horrors! And do it 7 days a week! Aghhhhhh……
D. Most require a bachelor’s degree – which explains why Obama keeps pushing education. Why you need one of these to dig people out of rubble we don’t know, but we’re not gonna hire no dummies. Tough sh_t for you high school dropouts.
E. You’ll need to pass security, so all those bush bashing Facebook posts might come back to haunt you.

Hey. Looky here. We got a position open that Obama might qualify for:

Community Planner

http://newyork.us.jo bs/viewjob.asp?jobid=10450642

Forward this on to the unemployed person of your choice.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#58636 Dec 11, 2012
The link got cut off:

Community Planner - the path to the White House...
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#58638 Dec 11, 2012
Truth Detector wrote:
FEMA is hiring! Who said there were no jobs.‘Course they are Federal gumint jobs, so there’s some catches.
A. They’re temporary. Don’t plan on no careers here.
B. Unlike voters, you need ID.
C. There’s no union protection, so don’t be expectin’ no double time pay or anything like that. You might even have to work 12 hour days! Horrors! And do it 7 days a week! Aghhhhhh……
D. Most require a bachelor’s degree – which explains why Obama keeps pushing education. Why you need one of these to dig people out of rubble we don’t know, but we’re not gonna hire no dummies. Tough sh_t for you high school dropouts.
E. You’ll need to pass security, so all those bush bashing Facebook posts might come back to haunt you.
Hey. Looky here. We got a position open that Obama might qualify for:
Community Planner
Forward this on to the unemployed person of your choice.
A) I guess it never occured to you that most jobs created as a result of a disaster/emergency are "temporary" right ?
B) You and I do not have a constitutionally GUARANTEED right to a government job...but we do have one to vote.
C) The Federal Govt. WILL pay overtime to those that work over 40 hours a week.
D) Key word "Most".
E) I suspect there will be a LOT more radicals disqualified for Obama bashing on the internet than there will be for Bush bashing, remember any of the Bush bashers signing petitions demanding the dissolution of the Union ? Me neither ! Chuckles !!
xox

Rice Lake, WI

#58639 Dec 11, 2012
FEMA dispels the rumors

FEMA
November 5, 2012
By: Karen Graham
Subscribe

Residents look through donations in a sand covered parking lot in a Rockaway neighborhood, 22-5-2012.
Residents look through donations in a sand covered parking lot in a Rockaway neighborhood, 22-5-2012.
Credits:
Allison Joyce/Getty Images
1 Email
Community Issues newsletter