|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>They didn't leave when Clinton raised it to 39%, but they would leave if Obama raised it to 39%?
They didnt leave when the rate was 39% they didn't leave when the rate was 50% under Reagan and they didn't leave when the rate was 91% under Ike. The people predicting a mass move out of the country by the waelthy are the same tea party types that promised to leave if Obama got reelected....none of them are packing their bags either ! I have never seen so many people so obsessed with a 4% tax hike on incomes over 250k when 99 percent of them will not earn 250k in 4 years.
Personally I don't care if they leave the rate at 35% as long as they treat capital gains as ordinary income, and make it subject to payroll taxes.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Omen wrote:
<quoted text>
So we should make it 100%?
That's just silly.

39-39.5% would be fine...as it was under the prosperous years of the Clinton administration. That would STILL be lower than it was under most of Reagan's 8 years.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> They didnt leave when the rate was 39% they didn't leave when the rate was 50% under Reagan and they didn't leave when the rate was 91% under Ike. The people predicting a mass move out of the country by the waelthy are the same tea party types that promised to leave if Obama got reelected....none of them are packing their bags either ! I have never seen so many people so obsessed with a 4% tax hike on incomes over 250k when 99 percent of them will not earn 250k in 4 years.
Personally I don't care if they leave the rate at 35% as long as they treat capital gains as ordinary income, and make it subject to payroll taxes.
Rush Limbaugh said he would leave.

He's still here.
Unreal

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Hilarious.
Yep, there have been some real knee slappers today. Some of my favorites are:

"them being unable to post without mentoioning me"

"To mention my name is totally stupid"

"A total waste of space he takes up. Not his business who likes who unlss he's jealous.He is an instigator."

"Wold you tell me why you do personaql assaulting to posters?"

I hope Obamacare opens some of the state mental facilities back up because I think we have let too many of them out. The state could save money by letting her and willard share a room.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>They didn't leave when Clinton raised it to 39%, but they would leave if Obama raised it to 39%?
Unfortunately, OA, you're probably right...about some of them, anyway. Although, my News Headlines are saying that more and more of the 1%ers, are wanting their Tax Rate increased.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
He's still here.
DARN IT!:)
Unreal

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Ya know, speaking of Mary Ann and Carol, I have to wonder if he is squeezing them for their 10% along with his other followers on Sunday or if they are all one and the same?
With all of these "followers", he must have much charismatic authority.
I seriously doubt that anything walking upright on two legs is following him anywhere.
;)
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
He's still here.
Old Rush said, he would leave if health care reform passes he would go to Costa Rica..........which already has Universal Health Care).
And his followers still listen to him.
Omen

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>That's just silly.
39-39.5% would be fine...as it was under the prosperous years of the Clinton administration. That would STILL be lower than it was under most of Reagan's 8 years.
What about this guy's idea? Add a wealth tax.

If yer gonna rape the prosperous, rape them. Don't dilly dally.

Something's gotta pay for the government.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Omen wrote:
<quoted text>
What about this guy's idea? Add a wealth tax.
If yer gonna rape the prosperous, rape them. Don't dilly dally.
Something's gotta pay for the government.
Soooo, by your analogy, Reagan raped the rich.
Omen

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Omen

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Soooo, by your analogy, Reagan raped the rich.
Reagan didn't rape them. Tip O'Neil and the democrat congress did.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Omen wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan didn't rape them. Tip O'Neil and the democrat congress did.
So, Reagan only signed "good bills," but the Democrats passed tax increases without Reagan's signature? Thanks for the history "lesson."
Omen

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
So, Reagan only signed "good bills," but the Democrats passed tax increases without Reagan's signature? Thanks for the history "lesson."
History lesson:

"Let us begin where storm clouds loom darkest — right here in washington, D.C. This week I will send you our detailed proposals; tonight, let us speak of our responsibility to redefine government's role: Not to control, not to demand or command, not to contain us; but to help in times of need, and above all, to create a ladder of opportunity to full employment so that all Americans can climb toward economic power and justice on their own.

But we cannot win the race to the future shackled to a system that can't even pass a federal budget. We cannot win that race held back by horse-and-buggy programs that waste tax dollars and squander human potential. We cannot win that race if we're swamped in a sea of red ink.

Now, Mr. Speaker, you know, I know, and the American people know the federal budget system is broken. It doesn't work. Before we leave this city, let's you and I work together to fix it.(Applause.) And then we can finally given the American people a balanced budget.(Applause.)"

Balanced budget. Interesting concept. It was forced down Clinton's throat by a republican congress.

However, your side has won. No one cares about balancing anything anymore. All they care about is what they can get from the government.

Hope it works.
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Omen wrote:
<quoted text>
History lesson:
"Let us begin where storm clouds loom darkest — right here in washington, D.C. This week I will send you our detailed proposals; tonight, let us speak of our responsibility to redefine government's role: Not to control, not to demand or command, not to contain us; but to help in times of need, and above all, to create a ladder of opportunity to full employment so that all Americans can climb toward economic power and justice on their own.
But we cannot win the race to the future shackled to a system that can't even pass a federal budget. We cannot win that race held back by horse-and-buggy programs that waste tax dollars and squander human potential. We cannot win that race if we're swamped in a sea of red ink.
Now, Mr. Speaker, you know, I know, and the American people know the federal budget system is broken. It doesn't work. Before we leave this city, let's you and I work together to fix it.(Applause.) And then we can finally given the American people a balanced budget.(Applause.)"
Balanced budget. Interesting concept. It was forced down Clinton's throat by a republican congress.
However, your side has won. No one cares about balancing anything anymore. All they care about is what they can get from the government.
Hope it works.
Excellent!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Omen wrote:
<quoted text>
History lesson:
Hope it works.
How do you dream this stuff up that has not even a nodding acquantance with the TRUTH? Seriously, where do you come up with this far-fetched junk?
Is this what Fox is telling People, or do you just imagine it?
FoxnewsRules

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

news press wrote:
AP NEWS reports "Tennessee woman on edge of insanity"
Click Here:
http://www.topix.com/mod/uplocal/4LSCEG4FQEN7...
Ur link doesn’t work
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Omen wrote:
<quoted text>
History lesson:

Hope it works.
It WILL work....for the marxists and their deceived, neo-stupid followers! The honest question here would be: Why would anyone of even "basic" human intelligence surmize that Cigar Bill "wouldn't" whole-heartedly descend to the same destructive aspirations of his leader? After all, cigar Bill has more than publicly affirmed his support for Odrama's policies while on the stump, before the media, and before every think-tank convening with the necessary stomach to allow him into the room!
FoxnewsRules

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

news press wrote:
Corrected link.
AP NEWS reports "Tennessee woman on edge of insanity"
http://www.topix.com/album/detail/camden-tn/U...
Thanks
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

stormy weather5 wrote:
Anyone that has clout with bill haslam's office the governor, I DO NOT CARE IF REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT KNOWING ALL OF THEM WITH ALL THEIR SMILING PICTURES TOGETHER WITH CONGRESSMAN AND SENATORS AND EVIL GIVE A DAMN ABOUT WHAT IS TRULY GOING ON WITH TENNESSEE POOR PEOPLE AND ANYTHING THAT THEY ARE GOING THROUGH.
recently , I WENT TO THE BIG CITY, AND WAS AT A HOSPITAL, AND WENT ON GOVERNMENT BUS THAT POOR PEOPLE DO HAVE TO PAY A SMALL AMOUNT AS ALL DO ON GOVERNMENT BUS. SO IT IS NOT FREE.
AFTER i GOT THROUGH WITH MY BUSINESS, i WAITED FOR MY RIDE , WHICH WAS NOT TOO LONG, i WENT OUTSIDE FOR AWHILE, AND IT WAS NIPPY COLD. SO WENT INSIDE , NOTICEING WHEN i CAME THROUGH A YOUNG MAN THAT WAS THERE WAITING , IN A WHEEL CHAIR, HE HAD NO LEGS, AND WAS IN WHAT i CALL RAGS, AND i KEPT LOOKING BACK EVEN OUTSIDE , AFTER AWHILE, i WENT IN AND STOOD, FOR AWHILE WAITING, AND THEN WENT INSIDE WHERE HE WAS AND SAT CLOSE TO HIM, HE HAD A SAMLL DIRTY BEVERAGE CASE OPEN ON HIS LAP, AND LOOKED TIRED.
i ASKED HOW LONG HE HAD BEEN WAITING, KNOWING A FEW YEARS BACK i WAITED IN A CITY OVER 3 HOURS FOR A RIDE,i SAID YOU WERE HERE WHEN i CAME UP, HE SAID HE HAD BEEN WAITING OVER AN HOUR. HE SAID i HAVE WAITED OVER 6 HOURS, HE WAS NOT FROM THIS AREA AND ASLO RODE STATE GOVERNMENT BUS.
i NOTICED IN THE BAG OPENED WAS JUST PAPERS, HE SAID WOULD YOU GO CALL AND SEE HOW MUCH LONGER, i WAS ALREADY A LITTLE PERTURBED AT WHAT i HAD GONE THROUGH UPSTAIRS. AND ALL i SAW WAS THE WELL DRESSED PEOPLE THAT LOOKED AS THOUGH THEY THOUGHT THEY WERE SO IMPORTANT, AND EVERYONE EVEN BEFORE i WALKED TO THE MAN, NEVER SAW HIM AT ALL.
i ASKED A WOMAN TO CALL FOR HIM, THAT WORKED AT SERVICE DESK, AS SHE SEEMED SOMETIMES PREOCCUPIED WITH THOSE THAT WORK WITH THE HOSPITAL AND THE PHONE FOR POOR DID NOTHING WHEN YOU PICKED UP BUT GIVE A BUSY SIGNAL. SHE DIDN'T SEEM TO LIKE MY ATTITUDE, i FOUND OUT THE BUS , WAS FAR AWAY IN ANOTHER CITY,AND WOULD BE A LONG TIME, BEFORE THEY WOULD BE BACK TO PICK THE MAN UP.
i ASKED HIM HIS NAME, AND THE MAN WAS SMALL, AND SO HUMBLE, WITH A LOOK i CANNOT FORGET. i ASKED HIM IF HE WAS THIRSTY AND HE SAID YES MAM,i went to the woman and said where can I get him a drink of water, she said I will go get it.
I asked if he was hungry , he said, I said I have something to drink on my bus, and snacks I always bring, when my bus gets here I will ask for more time to bring you back something to drink and some cheese and crackers AND MORE, TO DO YOU UNTIL YOUR RIDE COMES.
HE TOLD ME HE SAID i HAVE WAITED UP TO 6 HOURS , AND SOMETIMES, i HAVE GOT UP AT 3:00 IN THE MORNING TO CATCH BUS, AND NOT GET BACK HOME UNTIL 12:00 OR LATER THAT NIGHT. and we talked more,
I though where is your mother, does she know,how her son hurts, I wondered was she even alive to take care of what his handicapp disability, those things he could not do for him self. I did not ask those questions, but I saw,, what I say, that those like him should not have to go through.
he told me about all he had to come to the hospital for, so his visits were frequent. I am sure. I took him back drink and snacks, wishing I could give him a meal, and ask more , but I didn't.
makes you want a big house to say, I WILL MAKE SURE YOU GET WHAT YOU NEED WITHOUT WAITING.
THE STORY OF THE MAN THAT SAT AT THE GATE OF THE CITY AND BEEGED FOR HELP, THAT JESUS TOLD ABOUT, THAT WENT TO BE WITH JEHOVAH, AND WAS HEALED, TO NOT CRIPPLED AGAIN AS ALL GET A NEW BODY, ENTERING IN,
TO SEE THOSE AS HE WAS AND HAVE SUCH A HUMBLE HEART, you want to do so much more for these. that have no choice but to wait until someone comes by that will show kindness to them,.
GOD HELP US!
Awesome!! Thanks for this.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••