Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#57350 Nov 28, 2012
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Rush Limbaugh said he would leave.
He's still here.
Old Rush said, he would leave if health care reform passes he would go to Costa Rica..........which already has Universal Health Care).
And his followers still listen to him.
Omen

Jamestown, TN

#57351 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>That's just silly.
39-39.5% would be fine...as it was under the prosperous years of the Clinton administration. That would STILL be lower than it was under most of Reagan's 8 years.
What about this guy's idea? Add a wealth tax.

If yer gonna rape the prosperous, rape them. Don't dilly dally.

Something's gotta pay for the government.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#57352 Nov 28, 2012
Omen wrote:
<quoted text>
What about this guy's idea? Add a wealth tax.
If yer gonna rape the prosperous, rape them. Don't dilly dally.
Something's gotta pay for the government.
Soooo, by your analogy, Reagan raped the rich.
Omen

Jamestown, TN

#57353 Nov 28, 2012
Omen

Jamestown, TN

#57354 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Soooo, by your analogy, Reagan raped the rich.
Reagan didn't rape them. Tip O'Neil and the democrat congress did.

Location hidden

#57355 Nov 28, 2012
Omen wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan didn't rape them. Tip O'Neil and the democrat congress did.
So, Reagan only signed "good bills," but the Democrats passed tax increases without Reagan's signature? Thanks for the history "lesson."
Omen

Jamestown, TN

#57356 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
So, Reagan only signed "good bills," but the Democrats passed tax increases without Reagan's signature? Thanks for the history "lesson."
History lesson:

"Let us begin where storm clouds loom darkest — right here in washington, D.C. This week I will send you our detailed proposals; tonight, let us speak of our responsibility to redefine government's role: Not to control, not to demand or command, not to contain us; but to help in times of need, and above all, to create a ladder of opportunity to full employment so that all Americans can climb toward economic power and justice on their own.

But we cannot win the race to the future shackled to a system that can't even pass a federal budget. We cannot win that race held back by horse-and-buggy programs that waste tax dollars and squander human potential. We cannot win that race if we're swamped in a sea of red ink.

Now, Mr. Speaker, you know, I know, and the American people know the federal budget system is broken. It doesn't work. Before we leave this city, let's you and I work together to fix it.(Applause.) And then we can finally given the American people a balanced budget.(Applause.)"

Balanced budget. Interesting concept. It was forced down Clinton's throat by a republican congress.

However, your side has won. No one cares about balancing anything anymore. All they care about is what they can get from the government.

Hope it works.
WILLARD

Dunlap, TN

#57357 Nov 28, 2012
Omen wrote:
<quoted text>
History lesson:
"Let us begin where storm clouds loom darkest — right here in washington, D.C. This week I will send you our detailed proposals; tonight, let us speak of our responsibility to redefine government's role: Not to control, not to demand or command, not to contain us; but to help in times of need, and above all, to create a ladder of opportunity to full employment so that all Americans can climb toward economic power and justice on their own.
But we cannot win the race to the future shackled to a system that can't even pass a federal budget. We cannot win that race held back by horse-and-buggy programs that waste tax dollars and squander human potential. We cannot win that race if we're swamped in a sea of red ink.
Now, Mr. Speaker, you know, I know, and the American people know the federal budget system is broken. It doesn't work. Before we leave this city, let's you and I work together to fix it.(Applause.) And then we can finally given the American people a balanced budget.(Applause.)"
Balanced budget. Interesting concept. It was forced down Clinton's throat by a republican congress.
However, your side has won. No one cares about balancing anything anymore. All they care about is what they can get from the government.
Hope it works.
Excellent!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#57358 Nov 28, 2012
Omen wrote:
<quoted text>
History lesson:
Hope it works.
How do you dream this stuff up that has not even a nodding acquantance with the TRUTH? Seriously, where do you come up with this far-fetched junk?
Is this what Fox is telling People, or do you just imagine it?
FoxnewsRules

Cookeville, TN

#57360 Nov 28, 2012
news press wrote:
AP NEWS reports "Tennessee woman on edge of insanity"
Click Here:
http://www.topix.com/mod/uplocal/4LSCEG4FQEN7...
Ur link doesn’t work
WILLARD

Dunlap, TN

#57364 Nov 28, 2012
Omen wrote:
<quoted text>
History lesson:

Hope it works.
It WILL work....for the marxists and their deceived, neo-stupid followers! The honest question here would be: Why would anyone of even "basic" human intelligence surmize that Cigar Bill "wouldn't" whole-heartedly descend to the same destructive aspirations of his leader? After all, cigar Bill has more than publicly affirmed his support for Odrama's policies while on the stump, before the media, and before every think-tank convening with the necessary stomach to allow him into the room!
FoxnewsRules

Cookeville, TN

#57366 Nov 28, 2012
news press wrote:
Corrected link.
AP NEWS reports "Tennessee woman on edge of insanity"
http://www.topix.com/album/detail/camden-tn/U...
Thanks
WILLARD

Dunlap, TN

#57368 Nov 28, 2012
stormy weather5 wrote:
Anyone that has clout with bill haslam's office the governor, I DO NOT CARE IF REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT KNOWING ALL OF THEM WITH ALL THEIR SMILING PICTURES TOGETHER WITH CONGRESSMAN AND SENATORS AND EVIL GIVE A DAMN ABOUT WHAT IS TRULY GOING ON WITH TENNESSEE POOR PEOPLE AND ANYTHING THAT THEY ARE GOING THROUGH.
recently , I WENT TO THE BIG CITY, AND WAS AT A HOSPITAL, AND WENT ON GOVERNMENT BUS THAT POOR PEOPLE DO HAVE TO PAY A SMALL AMOUNT AS ALL DO ON GOVERNMENT BUS. SO IT IS NOT FREE.
AFTER i GOT THROUGH WITH MY BUSINESS, i WAITED FOR MY RIDE , WHICH WAS NOT TOO LONG, i WENT OUTSIDE FOR AWHILE, AND IT WAS NIPPY COLD. SO WENT INSIDE , NOTICEING WHEN i CAME THROUGH A YOUNG MAN THAT WAS THERE WAITING , IN A WHEEL CHAIR, HE HAD NO LEGS, AND WAS IN WHAT i CALL RAGS, AND i KEPT LOOKING BACK EVEN OUTSIDE , AFTER AWHILE, i WENT IN AND STOOD, FOR AWHILE WAITING, AND THEN WENT INSIDE WHERE HE WAS AND SAT CLOSE TO HIM, HE HAD A SAMLL DIRTY BEVERAGE CASE OPEN ON HIS LAP, AND LOOKED TIRED.
i ASKED HOW LONG HE HAD BEEN WAITING, KNOWING A FEW YEARS BACK i WAITED IN A CITY OVER 3 HOURS FOR A RIDE,i SAID YOU WERE HERE WHEN i CAME UP, HE SAID HE HAD BEEN WAITING OVER AN HOUR. HE SAID i HAVE WAITED OVER 6 HOURS, HE WAS NOT FROM THIS AREA AND ASLO RODE STATE GOVERNMENT BUS.
i NOTICED IN THE BAG OPENED WAS JUST PAPERS, HE SAID WOULD YOU GO CALL AND SEE HOW MUCH LONGER, i WAS ALREADY A LITTLE PERTURBED AT WHAT i HAD GONE THROUGH UPSTAIRS. AND ALL i SAW WAS THE WELL DRESSED PEOPLE THAT LOOKED AS THOUGH THEY THOUGHT THEY WERE SO IMPORTANT, AND EVERYONE EVEN BEFORE i WALKED TO THE MAN, NEVER SAW HIM AT ALL.
i ASKED A WOMAN TO CALL FOR HIM, THAT WORKED AT SERVICE DESK, AS SHE SEEMED SOMETIMES PREOCCUPIED WITH THOSE THAT WORK WITH THE HOSPITAL AND THE PHONE FOR POOR DID NOTHING WHEN YOU PICKED UP BUT GIVE A BUSY SIGNAL. SHE DIDN'T SEEM TO LIKE MY ATTITUDE, i FOUND OUT THE BUS , WAS FAR AWAY IN ANOTHER CITY,AND WOULD BE A LONG TIME, BEFORE THEY WOULD BE BACK TO PICK THE MAN UP.
i ASKED HIM HIS NAME, AND THE MAN WAS SMALL, AND SO HUMBLE, WITH A LOOK i CANNOT FORGET. i ASKED HIM IF HE WAS THIRSTY AND HE SAID YES MAM,i went to the woman and said where can I get him a drink of water, she said I will go get it.
I asked if he was hungry , he said, I said I have something to drink on my bus, and snacks I always bring, when my bus gets here I will ask for more time to bring you back something to drink and some cheese and crackers AND MORE, TO DO YOU UNTIL YOUR RIDE COMES.
HE TOLD ME HE SAID i HAVE WAITED UP TO 6 HOURS , AND SOMETIMES, i HAVE GOT UP AT 3:00 IN THE MORNING TO CATCH BUS, AND NOT GET BACK HOME UNTIL 12:00 OR LATER THAT NIGHT. and we talked more,
I though where is your mother, does she know,how her son hurts, I wondered was she even alive to take care of what his handicapp disability, those things he could not do for him self. I did not ask those questions, but I saw,, what I say, that those like him should not have to go through.
he told me about all he had to come to the hospital for, so his visits were frequent. I am sure. I took him back drink and snacks, wishing I could give him a meal, and ask more , but I didn't.
makes you want a big house to say, I WILL MAKE SURE YOU GET WHAT YOU NEED WITHOUT WAITING.
THE STORY OF THE MAN THAT SAT AT THE GATE OF THE CITY AND BEEGED FOR HELP, THAT JESUS TOLD ABOUT, THAT WENT TO BE WITH JEHOVAH, AND WAS HEALED, TO NOT CRIPPLED AGAIN AS ALL GET A NEW BODY, ENTERING IN,
TO SEE THOSE AS HE WAS AND HAVE SUCH A HUMBLE HEART, you want to do so much more for these. that have no choice but to wait until someone comes by that will show kindness to them,.
GOD HELP US!
Awesome!! Thanks for this.
WILLARD

Dunlap, TN

#57370 Nov 28, 2012
stormy weather5 wrote:
ERR .WRONG PEOPLE IN POWER, SOME NEED TO PROVE THEY ARE THE RIGHT PEOPLE FOR JOBS THEY HOLD.
AS i TOLD ONE MAN, THAT WAS CLOSE THAT HEARD THAT THE MAN WAS GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT MUCH LONGER, IN WHEEL CHAIR, I SAID IT WULD NOT DO FOR ME TO BE OVER GETTING THIS MAN WHAT HE NEEDS , TRANSPORTATION, AND SUCH LONG WAITS, AND HE DIDN'T LIVE FROM THE CITY AS FAR AS i DID HE TOLD ME THE TOWN HE WAS FROM.
AWESOME POSTS!!!! Thanks for this.
WILLARD

Dunlap, TN

#57371 Nov 28, 2012
stormy weather5 wrote:
ERR .WRONG PEOPLE IN POWER, SOME NEED TO PROVE THEY ARE THE RIGHT PEOPLE FOR JOBS THEY HOLD.
AS i TOLD ONE MAN, THAT WAS CLOSE THAT HEARD THAT THE MAN WAS GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT MUCH LONGER, IN WHEEL CHAIR, I SAID IT WULD NOT DO FOR ME TO BE OVER GETTING THIS MAN WHAT HE NEEDS , TRANSPORTATION, AND SUCH LONG WAITS, AND HE DIDN'T LIVE FROM THE CITY AS FAR AS i DID HE TOLD ME THE TOWN HE WAS FROM.
Thanks for citing this remarkable event recorded in Acts 3:1 of the holy bible.

"Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour. 2And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple; 3Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms. 4And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us. 5And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them. 6Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk. 7And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ancle bones received strength. 8And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God. 9And all the people saw him walking and praising God: 10And they knew that it was he which sat for alms at the Beautiful gate of the temple: and they were filled with wonder and amazement at that which had happened unto him.
11And as the lame man which was healed held Peter and John, all the people ran together unto them in the porch that is called Solomon's, greatly wondering. 12And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk? 13The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go. 14But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you; 15And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses. 16And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

17And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers. 18But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled. 19Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. 22For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. 23And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. 24Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. 25Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. 26Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities."

Location hidden

#57372 Nov 28, 2012
Omen wrote:
<quoted text>
History lesson:
Hope it works.
So Reagan didn't sign the bills that became legislation during his administration?
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#57373 Nov 28, 2012
WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Awesome!! Thanks for this.
Ya, you talk about awesome but if you and your ilk had their way there would be no bus at all, never mind one that is very late. If you and your ilk had their way, that man would not have access to that hospital unless he had health insurance or a bucket full of cash. If you had your way that man would not have food if he was dependant on government assistance to eat.
What I find awesome is the width and length of your hypocricy. Then you quote the Bible....why am I not surprised at that ?
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#57374 Nov 28, 2012
WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
It WILL work....for the marxists and their deceived, neo-stupid followers! The honest question here would be: Why would anyone of even "basic" human intelligence surmize that Cigar Bill "wouldn't" whole-heartedly descend to the same destructive aspirations of his leader? After all, cigar Bill has more than publicly affirmed his support for Odrama's policies while on the stump, before the media, and before every think-tank convening with the necessary stomach to allow him into the room!
Are you outraged over Cigar Bill's behavior or just jealous that you don't have a humidor like that for your cigars ?
I think I know the answer...no need to reply.
GodsSeed

Johnson City, TN

#57376 Nov 28, 2012
Knee jerk conservative vote lost the president and the sate and local trend will do the same when its time to vote average people back in power of their state first day re-instate the PILOT OIL WEALTH death tax at 50%
Irving

Pulaski, TN

#57379 Nov 28, 2012
savage wrote:
<quoted text>We couldn't run Rush off with a stick.
Have you tried Streisand and Baldwin? Those libtards claimed they were gonna leave as well, and never have, and the other libtards gave them a pass.

I know that you fine upstanding "intellectuals" are as honest as the day is long. That's why I bring it up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 9 min Jennifer Renee 5,577
Why so paranoid? 11 min been there 62
Abby pierce druggy 22 min Brandon 2
Feeling lonely for the holidays 36 min Veronica 130
Donald Harris 1 hr Why 2
who had the LOUDEST jam back in the day? (Sep '10) 1 hr Steve 24
MEN that like to be called 'DADDY' by their LADY 1 hr jamie smiles 12
"Greeneville police: 2 infants found dead in ho... 1 hr needstoknow 68
Principal at Mosheim 3 hr Friend Of 58
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search