Comments
52,781 - 52,800 of 145,827 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
Unreal

Knoxville, TN

#57328 Nov 28, 2012
Omen wrote:
Rhetorical question: What do the rich do when you raise their taxes to 50%?
They LEAVE.
Two-thirds of millionaires left Britain to avoid 50p tax rate
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9707...
Question seeking answers: What would be the effect if the top earners in this country took their money and left?
I don't think it is being proposed in this country to raise the tax rate to 50% on anyone.
Real

Cookeville, TN

#57329 Nov 28, 2012
Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it is being proposed in this country to raise the tax rate to 50% on anyone.
Don't think means don't know..look it up
Yes we can

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#57330 Nov 28, 2012
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> There are some people that you can't be "nice" to and unfortunately you are one of them. You dn't want to discuss poltics, you wish to aggrivate "Sassy", so...I have decided to treat you the same way you treat myself and others. You don't seem to like it....and neither does your buddy "Willard" ! Well that's just too bad. You post non-stop insults and then ask why others are insulting. You report page after page of posts, then wonder why posters treat you with disdain... I TRY to treat others as I wish to be treated, but I fall short in the turn the other cheek stuff. You it would seem, are great at dishing it out but you can't take it can you ? CHUCKLES !!
You don't talk politics,you bash people who you think you can put to shame.As for her,you bring her up in EVERY POST.Now stop.
I don't like your attitude because you see yourself as superior.
Again,you like to show yourself up as the brilliant one.Political debating is nothing you know about.You like the other need to LEARN to respect the other person's views and like her YOU DO NOT.The Democratic party is not your sole party.It's America's party,same for Republican.Treat them respectfully.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#57331 Nov 28, 2012
Omen wrote:
They LEAVE.
Question seeking answers: What would be the effect if the top earners in this country took their money and left?
Very little. You wouldn't even know they were gone, if somebody didn't tell you!
All they've done is take from this Country, for so long...I'm kinda wondering what you think would be so devastating about them leaving?
Unreal

Knoxville, TN

#57332 Nov 28, 2012
Real wrote:
<quoted text>Don't think means don't know..look it up
Yes we can
It is hard to "look up" something that doesn't exist. If you find anywhere that there is a current proposal to raise the tax rate to 50% on anyone, you let us know.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#57333 Nov 28, 2012
123pictures wrote:
<quoted text>
As for her,you bring her up in EVERY POST.Now stop.
Hilarious.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#57334 Nov 28, 2012
Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said OT, and it looks like others agree as well. Willard, Mary Ann, AND Carol will all have to furiously judge to make it look otherwise... HEE-HEE !
Ya know, speaking of Mary Ann and Carol, I have to wonder if he is squeezing them for their 10% along with his other followers on Sunday or if they are all one and the same?
With all of these "followers", he must have much charismatic authority.

Location hidden

#57337 Nov 28, 2012
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Ya know, speaking of Mary Ann and Carol, I have to wonder if he is squeezing them for their 10% along with his other followers on Sunday or if they are all one and the same?
Am I the only One who thinks he just does a bunch of double-talk? Some of his sentences with the most obscure words that very few People ever use, just do NOT make sense!

Location hidden

#57338 Nov 28, 2012
Omen wrote:
They LEAVE.
They didn't leave when Clinton raised it to 39%, but they would leave if Obama raised it to 39%?
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#57339 Nov 28, 2012
123pictures wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't talk politics,you bash people who you think you can put to shame.As for her,you bring her up in EVERY POST.Now stop.
I don't like your attitude because you see yourself as superior.
Again,you like to show yourself up as the brilliant one.Political debating is nothing you know about.You like the other need to LEARN to respect the other person's views and like her YOU DO NOT.The Democratic party is not your sole party.It's America's party,same for Republican.Treat them respectfully.
Treat those parties respectfully right ?? Well how many posts have you typed with the word democrap in them ? With two more brains you would be an idiot.

Just so you won't be wrong all the time..... "Sassy" there I brought her up ! Chuckles !!

Location hidden

#57340 Nov 28, 2012
Omen wrote:
They LEAVE.
Traveling to another country from London takes an hour. You can't get to Nashville from here in an hour. The millionaires in the U.S. wouldn't leave the country...their money already resides outside of the country anyway.
Omen

Jamestown, TN

#57341 Nov 28, 2012
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Traveling to another country from London takes an hour. You can't get to Nashville from here in an hour. The millionaires in the U.S. wouldn't leave the country...their money already resides outside of the country anyway.
So we should make it 100%?
Nelson

United States

#57342 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
amen
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#57343 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>They didn't leave when Clinton raised it to 39%, but they would leave if Obama raised it to 39%?
They didnt leave when the rate was 39% they didn't leave when the rate was 50% under Reagan and they didn't leave when the rate was 91% under Ike. The people predicting a mass move out of the country by the waelthy are the same tea party types that promised to leave if Obama got reelected....none of them are packing their bags either ! I have never seen so many people so obsessed with a 4% tax hike on incomes over 250k when 99 percent of them will not earn 250k in 4 years.
Personally I don't care if they leave the rate at 35% as long as they treat capital gains as ordinary income, and make it subject to payroll taxes.

Location hidden

#57344 Nov 28, 2012
Omen wrote:
<quoted text>
So we should make it 100%?
That's just silly.

39-39.5% would be fine...as it was under the prosperous years of the Clinton administration. That would STILL be lower than it was under most of Reagan's 8 years.

Location hidden

#57345 Nov 28, 2012
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> They didnt leave when the rate was 39% they didn't leave when the rate was 50% under Reagan and they didn't leave when the rate was 91% under Ike. The people predicting a mass move out of the country by the waelthy are the same tea party types that promised to leave if Obama got reelected....none of them are packing their bags either ! I have never seen so many people so obsessed with a 4% tax hike on incomes over 250k when 99 percent of them will not earn 250k in 4 years.
Personally I don't care if they leave the rate at 35% as long as they treat capital gains as ordinary income, and make it subject to payroll taxes.
Rush Limbaugh said he would leave.

He's still here.
Unreal

Knoxville, TN

#57346 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Hilarious.
Yep, there have been some real knee slappers today. Some of my favorites are:

"them being unable to post without mentoioning me"

"To mention my name is totally stupid"

"A total waste of space he takes up. Not his business who likes who unlss he's jealous.He is an instigator."

"Wold you tell me why you do personaql assaulting to posters?"

I hope Obamacare opens some of the state mental facilities back up because I think we have let too many of them out. The state could save money by letting her and willard share a room.

Location hidden

#57347 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>They didn't leave when Clinton raised it to 39%, but they would leave if Obama raised it to 39%?
Unfortunately, OA, you're probably right...about some of them, anyway. Although, my News Headlines are saying that more and more of the 1%ers, are wanting their Tax Rate increased.

Location hidden

#57348 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Rush Limbaugh said he would leave.
He's still here.
DARN IT!:)
Unreal

Knoxville, TN

#57349 Nov 28, 2012
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Ya know, speaking of Mary Ann and Carol, I have to wonder if he is squeezing them for their 10% along with his other followers on Sunday or if they are all one and the same?
I seriously doubt that anything walking upright on two legs is following him anywhere.
;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
shiane foulks 6 min peanut 1
old men at greystone dump 12 min taxpayer 8
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 12 min Agnus 3,637
Paying too much child support (Aug '11) 24 min Dixie iron fist 28
motor cycle clubs 25 min Dixie iron fist 6
Fool me three times a Bush 37 min KohIrabi 11
twested scissors 51 min Sign of the times 12
Davis Street 56 min Kohlrabi 30
south greene football 7 hr Pretend 2 B Normal 33
•••