Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#56255 Nov 18, 2012
Marth571 wrote:
What will eventually happen over this Benghazi issue, will someone be thrown under the bus?
IMO, the Republicans are trying to throw Obama and Rice under the bus and I'm not sure it's justified. Right now, I think it's all for Political reasons.

Location hidden

#56256 Nov 18, 2012
"Benghazi Attack:'Terrorists' Or 'Extremists'?

("Congressional Republicans are digging onto what the Obama Administration knew about the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, that killed four American Officials. The focus on U.N. ambassador Susan Rice- a possible Secretary of State- has become very political.")

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/benghazi-attack-terrori...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#56257 Nov 18, 2012
I have no doubt that Obama was kept advised of what was going on in Benghazi each and every minute as it went down.

Location hidden

#56258 Nov 18, 2012
Marth571 wrote:
I have no doubt that Obama was kept advised of what was going on in Benghazi each and every minute as it went down.
You may be right , but I would prefer to wait until we know that for sure. It's possible that he was not since he was campaigning and Hillary Clinton has said that she wasn't even aware of the request for more security, that it went to a certain division of the State Dept. and she was not advised, but since she was Secretary of State and it was her Dept., she took responsibility. Kinda of "the buck stops here" even though she was not aware of it.
As for Obama, it all depends on where he was and how much his Administration told him, at the time.
The calls for Help supposdly went to the CIA, which means it would have been Petraesus's responsibility to send the necessary requested help and to advise the President. Did he do it, who knows?
upinsmoke

Chicago, IL

#56259 Nov 18, 2012
I have no doubt that Bush was advised of what was going on on 9/11 each and every minute as it went down.

Location hidden

#56260 Nov 18, 2012
upinsmoke wrote:
I have no doubt that Bush was advised of what was going on on 9/11 each and every minute as it went down.
That's alittle different...no, that's alot different than an attack on an Embassy in a violatile Country in the Middle east. It's not comparable in any way.

Location hidden

#56261 Nov 18, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
You may be right , but I would prefer to wait until we know that for sure. It's possible that he was not since he was campaigning and Hillary Clinton has said that she wasn't even aware of the request for more security, that it went to a certain division of the State Dept. and she was not advised, but since she was Secretary of State and it was her Dept., she took responsibility. Kinda of "the buck stops here" even though she was not aware of it.
As for Obama, it all depends on where he was and how much his Administration told him, at the time.
The calls for Help supposdly went to the CIA, which means it would have been Petraesus's responsibility to send the necessary requested help and to advise the President. Did he do it, who knows?
I can't believe the system to protect people could be that rife with negligence........unless?

Location hidden

#56262 Nov 18, 2012
unless.........they are gonna blame it on General Petraeus with something like he was tootin around or on the phone and couldn't be reached about what was going on in Benghazi?

Location hidden

#56263 Nov 18, 2012
Marth571 wrote:
<quoted text>I can't believe the system to protect people could be that rife with negligence........unless?
Sometimes, it's lack of discipline, sometimes it's poor judgement on the part of the Staff, and sometimes it's the Members trying not ot irritate the President, or trying to protect him, or all of the above.
I don't think Obama is the type to tell the Public if he had called any of them on the carpet for their poor performance or their poor judgement, if that's what happened.
It's happened before, so it was reported, and it's not uncommon for word to never reach the President, but he is the one who will untimately take the blame, even if he didn't know, if it was the fault od his Staff.
So, I just want to wait until all the facts are known because we DO NOT know them now. We only know rumor and Political Propaganda and that's not worth anything!

Location hidden

#56264 Nov 18, 2012
why wrote:
Why does Really Sassy, Linda Cooper condemn people that sue local government yet support 2 con men that sued and lost a lawsuit against her own county beer board?
What are you some kind of nut case?
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#56265 Nov 18, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
"SURVEY: NPR's Listeners Best-Informed, Fox Viewers Worst Informed."
Click here:
http://www.classwarfareexists.com/survey-nprs...
You know Sassy for the past 10 years or more, I've been listening to NPR(or classical, I love the 3 "B's") and NPR is very informative on many issues, just not politics. From what I inderstand the Government only pays 2% of their budget, so I say dump that 2%........but then if they do they can't call themselves NPR.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#56266 Nov 18, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a little different...no, that's alot different than an attack on an Embassy in a violatile Country in the Middle east. It's not comparable in any way.
Sassy, in the mind of a NeoCon it is exactly the same.
Uncle Buck

Medellín, Colombia

#56267 Nov 18, 2012
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Sassy, in the mind of a NeoCon it is exactly the same.
How you figure that?
BIg Joe

Medellín, Colombia

#56268 Nov 18, 2012
plz dont kill me wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay they got paid a lot more than the workers. I get it. But if the workers don't like the pay wage how come they just don't leave and let someone else have the job. I have worked for companies were the executives got tons more. But I really never cared much. If ever thought about it at all. I figure if I want that kind of money I need to do what ever it is that they do to get the high dollar money
Further, I'm thinking the laborers don't have the ability to even consider working their way up the work/corp latter. What the hell business is it of mine what other get on up the corporate ladder. Simple if I don.t like it just leave.
P.S. I do not want a response from Really Sassy aka Linda Cooper please. Please please please leave me alone. Please. I have no respect for people that threaten the knee caps of another person. Sorry, your a dangerous and scary person.
How about I respond to you fruit cake?
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#56269 Nov 18, 2012
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>You know Sassy for the past 10 years or more, I've been listening to NPR(or classical, I love the 3 "B's") and NPR is very informative on many issues, just not politics. From what I understand the Government only pays 2% of their budget, so I say dump that 2%........but then if they do they can't call themselves NPR.
Allow me to correct myself, the Federal, State and local governments give NPR 4.6% of their budget.
BIg Joe

Medellín, Colombia

#56270 Nov 18, 2012
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you post a link to the executives' salary and bonus cuts at Hostess over the last 3 years?
Sure can.
BIg Joe

Medellín, Colombia

#56271 Nov 18, 2012
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you post a link to the executives' salary and bonus cuts at Hostess over the last 3 years?
http://politix.topix.com/homepage/3442-unions...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#56272 Nov 18, 2012
Uncle Buck wrote:
<quoted text>How you figure that?
One attack was in the middle of New York city, the other attack was over the other side of the world and the investigation is still going on.
Uncle Buck

Athens, Greece

#56273 Nov 18, 2012
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>One attack was in the middle of New York city, the other attack was over the other side of the world and the investigation is still going on.
You don't have a clue.

Location hidden

#56274 Nov 18, 2012
Uncle Buck wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have a clue.
Well, I don't have a clue as to what you think Dunlapian doesn't have a clue about! What part of his Post do you think was wrong, the "Middle of New York City" part or the, "other side of the World" part?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
anyone know Beth Shelton about 55 yrs. old (Sep '12) 11 min just saying 2
stolen black 85 ss monte carlo 12 min Kohlrabi 3
Holly Ricker 24 min TNCowboy 1
Eat it haters 25 min Kohlrabi 18
STD kings of Greeneville 41 min Kohlrabi 3
***** last post wins ***** 50 min Kohlrabi 1,428
Miranda Church Makes me wanna VOMMIT! (Aug '13) 57 min yes 10
damn fourwheelers 1 hr Kohlrabi 11
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 1 hr Buster Funk 7,521
STD Queens of greenville who did u get if from 4 hr lovely 14