flbrat

Fort Pierce, FL

#56192 Nov 17, 2012
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Hostess was owned and being operated by a vulture capital firm. After the lessons learned in the last election regarding Bain and the way they operate, was it any surprise that Hostess was loaded with debt, forced into bankruptcy and the assets sold to the highest bidder ? This one has an added advantage for the vultures...they get to put the blame on unions after workers balked at forced pay cuts. All that is missing so far is a bunch of bonuses for the company execs. and I have NO DOUBT they are in the pipeline.
LOL, bet you had a self satisfied smirk on your face as you pecked away on the keyboard. Listen, I understand that the company execs overpaid themselves. I understand that they have been in a bankrupt restructuring due to this. I also understand that Hostess workers are out of a job now because the Union preferred that they take a 100% paycut over a 8%. You can type away until you turn blue in the face (blaming everything but the Union) and it will not get 18,500 jobs back. I personally hope the execs lose everything they have by the way. I am against the corruption that the Unions have become, not the workers.
FriendofToad

Johnson City, TN

#56193 Nov 17, 2012
we need a democrat to start killing bad Republican super majority laws the bad one anyway .

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#56194 Nov 17, 2012
"Where Does Millions In Pentagon Contracts Go?"

("Millions of Americans dollars flow into Nation-building contracts for the Middle East, while the US's own infrastructure gets a 'D'.")

Click here:
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/11/w...

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#56195 Nov 17, 2012
"Even The Best And Brightest Can Be Knuckleheads."

("The Petraeus and Secret Service scandals show once again how people entrusted with tremendous responsibilities can be brought down by their naivete.")

Click here:
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-banks...
Morphina Fan 2

United States

#56196 Nov 17, 2012
It is sad you have to copy and paste news information all the time because you have no brain of your own. The current administration is a joke and is killing US jobs. The rich will not spend their money now. A rich mans money is not mine. Period. No one owes me a thing. I owe myself to do what I need to do to go forward. Not the government. Work, Save your money, give 10% back to your charity, and educate yourself, do right in all areas of your life, Mind, Body and Spirit.

They watched for 7 hours while people begged for help. He is not a commander in chief he is a criminal.
The worst president in American history. I though Carter was bad, but now hussein goes to the top.
Irving

Pulaski, TN

#56197 Nov 17, 2012
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> All that is missing so far is a bunch of bonuses for the company execs.
The money either goes to the producers of this country, the creators, or the takers and thieves, which in this case would have been the Mafia and the unions.

This time around, the Mafia got cut off at the knees, and the Democraps are soiling their panties. Boo frickin' hoo!

*snicker*
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#56198 Nov 17, 2012
flbrat wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, bet you had a self satisfied smirk on your face as you pecked away on the keyboard. Listen, I understand that the company execs overpaid themselves. I understand that they have been in a bankrupt restructuring due to this. I also understand that Hostess workers are out of a job now because the Union preferred that they take a 100% paycut over a 8%. You can type away until you turn blue in the face (blaming everything but the Union) and it will not get 18,500 jobs back. I personally hope the execs lose everything they have by the way. I am against the corruption that the Unions have become, not the workers.
Self satisfied ? Nope. I unlike some other posters NEVER enjoy others misfortunes. I hate the fact that these folks will be unemployed when we need every job we can get. What I am sick of is the IDEA that unions killed this company. Unions have become the organizations that with each subsequent contract negotiation, take a list of NO WAYs from the company back to their members not the other way around. Healthcare ? Not unless you accept a larger share of the costs each year. A raise ?
You are kidding right ? More vacation days ? Not a chance ! Defined pension ? NO a 401k that we MIGHT make an occasional contribution to. Don't like them apples ? Time to close up....get rid of an aging workforce and hire some minimum wage kids, part timers and some illegals. That will increase the executive compensation AND increase the dividend. This is what most union members face and how much clout they have.
How low do you wish to drive wages and how pray tell do you ever expect to balance any budget Fed. State, or Local with a minimum wage workforce ? These workers weren't exactly wealthy in case you didn't notice. A consumer economy can not survive long with a subsistance wage workforce think about it...this ain't rocket science.
Omen

Jamestown, TN

#56199 Nov 17, 2012
That happy face in the sky, aka the sun unleashed a monster eruption of super-hot plasma Friday (Nov. 16) in back-to-back solar storms captured on camera by a NASA spacecraft.
The giant sun eruption, called a solar prominence, occurred at 1 a.m. EST (0600 GMT), with another event flaring up four hours later. The prominences was so large, it expanded beyond the camera view of NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO), which captured high-definition video of the solar eruption.
http://www.space.com/18528-sun-unleashes-mons...

Al Gore immediately blamed global warming for the sun’s disturbance.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#56200 Nov 17, 2012
Irving wrote:
<quoted text>
The money either goes to the producers of this country, the creators, or the takers and thieves, which in this case would have been the Mafia and the unions.
This time around, the Mafia got cut off at the knees, and the Democraps are soiling their panties. Boo frickin' hoo!
*snicker*
So workers are "takers and thieves" "Irving" ?
Well most "producers" started as workers but I wouldn't expect you to make the connection......
The Tea Party....putting profits before people ! Again.
Irving

Pulaski, TN

#56204 Nov 17, 2012
Omen wrote:
That happy face in the sky, aka the sun unleashed a monster eruption of super-hot plasma Friday (Nov. 16) in back-to-back solar storms captured on camera by a NASA spacecraft.
The giant sun eruption, called a solar prominence, occurred at 1 a.m. EST (0600 GMT), with another event flaring up four hours later. The prominences was so large, it expanded beyond the camera view of NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO), which captured high-definition video of the solar eruption.
http://www.space.com/18528-sun-unleashes-mons...
Al Gore immediately blamed global warming for the sun’s disturbance.
What's with the gay music?

Why must the Common Man always be pandered to?
Irving

Pulaski, TN

#56205 Nov 17, 2012
Overly Disingenuous wrote:
<quoted text> So workers are "takers and thieves" "Irving" ?
Well most "producers" started as workers but I wouldn't expect you to make the connection......
The Tea Party....putting profits before people ! Again.
Uh, did you miss the part about the Mafia owned unions, Brainiac?
Omen

Jamestown, TN

#56206 Nov 17, 2012
Yesterday Obama, who’s never had an original idea, consulted with a group of people about the fiscal talks between the White House and Congress.

Among those consultants was MSNBC’s Al Sharpton.

I guess when your intent is to bankrupt a nation, it pays to consult with folks who have proven track records of fiscal failure.

Omen

Jamestown, TN

#56207 Nov 17, 2012
While many Americans kept on eating their much-loved Hostess products, the company's income statement was doing less well. Its fixed-cost structure was a mess. Labor had successfully negotiated generous pensions and health care benefits, but they were out of line with shifts in the marketplace. Hostess sales declined as consumers in the 1980s and '90s shied away from carbohydrate villains like snack cakes and white bread. Attempts to come up with new products didn't pan out. It didn't help that the company had roughly $450 million in debt by 2004. In September of that year, Hostess declared bankruptcy. Enter the cast of moneymen. After five years -- unusually long for a reorganization -- the company became a private entity, having won concessions from the unions and new capital from investors. The deepest pocket: Ripplewood Holdings, a PE firm based in midtown Manhattan that reportedly once managed $4 billion in capital.

Ripplewood is run by Tim Collins, 55, who's been at the center of other famed PE transactions. Known as a brilliant capitalist-philanthropist-netw orker, he's an eclectic character: a Democrat in an industry of Republicans; an Adirondack enthusiast dreaded by pheasant and fish; a board member at the Yale divinity and business schools; and someone who took a year at 31 to work at a refugee camp in the Sudan. Ripplewood orchestrated the $1.1 billion turnaround in 2000 of the Long-Term Credit Bank of Japan, which marked the first time that foreign interests controlled a Japanese bank.(Collins made the cover of Fortune Asia for it.) The bank was renamed Shinsei, and in 2004 it had a lucrative initial public stock offering. Far less fortunately, in 2007 Ripplewood acquired Reader's Digest -- and saw its $275 million investment vanish in Reader's Digest's bankruptcy filing in 2009.(Collins reportedly had visions of merging Reader's Digest with the magazine division of Time Warner (TWX), which owns Fortune.)

Ripplewood's foray into Hostess was partly enabled by Collins's connections in the Democratic Party. He wanted to explore deals with union-involved companies and sought the help of former congressman Gephardt, who in 2005 founded the Gephardt Group, an Atlanta consulting firm that provides "labor advisory services."

Ripplewood and Hostess are listed online as major clients of Gephardt's consulting group, which is also an equity owner of Hostess.

So you see, Hostess was destroyed by DEMOCRATS!
Plagiarist Watch

Pulaski, TN

#56208 Nov 17, 2012
Omen wrote:
While many Americans kept on eating their much-loved Hostess products, the company's income statement was doing less well. Its fixed-cost structure was a mess. Labor had successfully negotiated generous pensions and health care benefits, but they were out of line with shifts in the marketplace. Hostess sales declined as consumers in the 1980s and '90s shied away from carbohydrate villains like snack cakes and white bread. Attempts to come up with new products didn't pan out. It didn't help that the company had roughly $450 million in debt by 2004. In September of that year, Hostess declared bankruptcy. Enter the cast of moneymen. After five years -- unusually long for a reorganization -- the company became a private entity, having won concessions from the unions and new capital from investors. The deepest pocket: Ripplewood Holdings, a PE firm based in midtown Manhattan that reportedly once managed $4 billion in capital.
Ripplewood is run by Tim Collins, 55, who's been at the center of other famed PE transactions. Known as a brilliant capitalist-philanthropist-netw orker, he's an eclectic character: a Democrat in an industry of Republicans; an Adirondack enthusiast dreaded by pheasant and fish; a board member at the Yale divinity and business schools; and someone who took a year at 31 to work at a refugee camp in the Sudan. Ripplewood orchestrated the $1.1 billion turnaround in 2000 of the Long-Term Credit Bank of Japan, which marked the first time that foreign interests controlled a Japanese bank.(Collins made the cover of Fortune Asia for it.) The bank was renamed Shinsei, and in 2004 it had a lucrative initial public stock offering. Far less fortunately, in 2007 Ripplewood acquired Reader's Digest -- and saw its $275 million investment vanish in Reader's Digest's bankruptcy filing in 2009.(Collins reportedly had visions of merging Reader's Digest with the magazine division of Time Warner (TWX), which owns Fortune.)
Ripplewood's foray into Hostess was partly enabled by Collins's connections in the Democratic Party. He wanted to explore deals with union-involved companies and sought the help of former congressman Gephardt, who in 2005 founded the Gephardt Group, an Atlanta consulting firm that provides "labor advisory services."
Ripplewood and Hostess are listed online as major clients of Gephardt's consulting group, which is also an equity owner of Hostess.
So you see, Hostess was destroyed by DEMOCRATS!
How many of those words are your?
Omen

Jamestown, TN

#56209 Nov 17, 2012
Plagiarist Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of those words are your?
None. I'd post the link but the open minds here don't bother to click on them.

Ask and ye shall receive.

http://management.fortune.cnn.com/2012/07/26/...
Irving

Pulaski, TN

#56210 Nov 17, 2012
Omen wrote:
<quoted text>
None. I'd post the link but the open minds here don't bother to click on them.
Ask and ye shall receive.
http://management.fortune.cnn.com/2012/07/26/...
Nope. That shit doesn't cut it. You post links regardless.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#56211 Nov 17, 2012
flbrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Teamsters rep (Ken Hall)claims that HIS members worked out a settlement. The Union that lost all the jobs, Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union, only represented 27.02% of the workforce. Keeping up with you would mean I have to stop.
These Unions for Hostess work as "one". They will not cross each other's picket line.
The upper Management just gave themselves an 80% pay increase, and you blame the unions.
Bain Style Wall Street Vultures make themselves rich by making America poor. Poor management drove Hostess into the ground, while it's workers are paying the price.
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

#56212 Nov 17, 2012
Obama gets reelected.

Companies start laying off in droves..Resturants are raising their prices, and cutting employee hours to off set the costs of Obama care. Dr's are refusing new patients. Heath care workers are looking for other careers.
Small business are failing. People have given up looking for jobs. The economy will tank. The fisical cliff looms.

Are you happy now?

Rita

Mcminnville, TN

#56213 Nov 17, 2012
frank newton wrote:
he will not give jerry fortner a convicted drug dealer a post in east tn.
Who cares about this one? The electionis over.
Top Cat

Moscow, Russia

#56214 Nov 17, 2012
Cornbread wrote:
Obama gets reelected.
Companies start laying off in droves..Resturants are raising their prices, and cutting employee hours to off set the costs of Obama care. Dr's are refusing new patients. Heath care workers are looking for other careers.
Small business are failing. People have given up looking for jobs. The economy will tank. The fisical cliff looms.
Are you happy now?
no one cares

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 6 min Wayne 7,796
Druggie hits woman up side of the head! 1 hr roflmfao 6
Clay Finley 1 hr your soon to be e... 7
Julia crittenden 2 hr lust 5
Does anyone know will hopson (May '14) 5 hr lol 7
Slow Internet with Centurylink (Mar '13) 5 hr Damn 37
cook out burgers 6 hr Raditz 16
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE