Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#56066 Nov 16, 2012
Dunlapian, among other things , this Article is concerning what you've been sounding the Alarm about for months, on here!
----------
"Is Obama About To Take Over The Internet?"

Click here:
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/11/o...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#56067 Nov 16, 2012
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Come on now 123, "Hate" is a four letter word.
BTW, I've already reported myself.
I despise her.I don't even know her but based on what I read,no wonder she is hated .No wonder Cambden hates her.A first class bitch.

Location hidden

#56068 Nov 16, 2012
123pictures wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to start a Bull---- business. All you're good for.
Now 123, that comment would make you a Third Party that's stalking me, by your definition. Do you think I should REPORT you???

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#56069 Nov 16, 2012
The host company will make millions off this deal that's why they hired The Restructuring Firm that will sell off their Brands repackage it they call it outsourcing

Location hidden

#56070 Nov 16, 2012
123pictures wrote:
<quoted text>
FOOL is right.
I didn't call you a FOOL, now did I?

Location hidden

#56071 Nov 16, 2012
flbrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not invest your emotions in a fool. Smile, it is a good day to be happy.
I didn't call you a FOOL either, fibrat...I could have , but I didn't. BTW, have you had any coffee, yet?

Location hidden

#56072 Nov 16, 2012
123pictures wrote:
<quoted text>
It also has terms everyone agrees to respoect.I told you to mind your own meddling business ass.
You,ass don't need to be telling anybody what they need to do.You are only concerned with whether they are gay or not which IS not your damn business.You think you know everything but you are dangerous.
Well, I tried , but if you're going to be hateful and nasty this early in the morning, I just won't talk to you until you change your attitude.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#56073 Nov 16, 2012
flbrat wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I have read the union represented 5000 of the 18,500 strong workforce. I gave them extra. If I used percentages it would be 27.02%. You seem to be confused stumbling about trying to find something to praise this Union for.
No fibrat I'm not confused or stumbling about trying to find out the truth. I just don't believe everything I read on this forum, as many just pull numbers out of their (!).
Hostess has 19,000 employees, all but 3,100 are unionized. That is far different from your 1/3 of the employees are union.
Like Sgt. Joe Friday use to say, "Just the facts ma'am'"
Gotta go.

Location hidden

#56074 Nov 16, 2012
Doctor_Love wrote:
The host company will make millions off this deal that's why they hired The Restructuring Firm that will sell off their Brands repackage it they call it outsourcing
You're exactly right and common sense would tell anybody that a Company that's in real financial trouble could NOT afford to hire a Restructuring Firm, at $120,000 dollars a MONTH! Wonder how many months they worked for the Hostess Company? Do you realize that's almost a quarter of a Million dollars for 2 MONTHS?
Of course, that's pocket change compared to what the Company will save in Pension Money for their Long-Term Workers. And when these New Workers have been there for years and near their Retirement, the Company will do the same thing to them, too, and the cycle will continue, if the Law isn't changed!
whattsfuk

Elizabethton, TN

#56077 Nov 16, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I tried , but if you're going to be hateful and nasty this early in the morning, I just won't talk to you until you change your attitude.
Its only because she empty her bottle last night, and has to wait for the store to open.
Sweet Beef Cream

AOL

#56078 Nov 16, 2012
Omen wrote:
Wonder Bread – Helps build strong bodies 8 ways.
Always buy Wonder Bread. You’ll be glad you dud.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wrA-W5ogvJcXX (ect...ect... ect)
For crying out loud, they made junk food as cheaply as they could while cutting back on quality of ingredients and workers pay. the bakers health will probably improve away from the chemicals they have to inhale daily.

Most of that sweet creamy filling in snack cakes and cookies is animal fat or vegetable oils whipped with sugar. Ever read the ingredients on cheap snack foods; Polysorbate 60, Red 40, mono and diglycerides and calcium sulfate. Calcium sulfate is a food-grade equivalent of plaster of Paris. If they put sheet rock in food or drug products, would you defend them for being unethical capitalists like the Chinese capitalists that were shot for doing same thing?

Here's what's in a Twinkie:

*The Cake:
* Lecithin is an emulsifier made from soy. It's also used in paint to keep pigments evenly dispersed.
* Diacetyl mimics the taste of butter, since the real stuff would go rancid on a store shelf.
* Cornstarch is a common thickener. But it's more often used to make cardboard and packing peanuts.
* Yellow No. 5 & Red No. 40 give the cake the golden look of eggs.
* Sorbic acid, the only actual preservative in Twinkies, comes from petroleum.

The filling

* Shortening (in the form of partially hydrogenated vegetable oil and/or beef fat) is the main ingredient.
* Polysorbate 60 is a gooey substance that helps replace cream and eggs at a fraction of the cost. It's derived from corn, palm oil and petroleum.
* Cellulose gum gives the crème filling a smooth, slippery feel.
* Artificial vanillin is synthesized in petrochemical plants. The real thing comes from finicky tropical orchids that are pollinated by hand on the one day they bloom.

http://lifetwo.com/production/node/20070227-t...
BlackforestBigju nk

Johnson City, TN

#56079 Nov 16, 2012
Haslam family are they the billionairs from Knoxville
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#56081 Nov 16, 2012
Omen wrote:
Wonder Bread – Helps build strong bodies 8 ways.
Always buy Wonder Bread. You’ll be glad you dud.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wrA-W5ogvJcXX
Twinkie the Kid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
RIP Hostess. Killed by greedy labor union. Nearly 18,000 workers will lose their jobs, despite the fact that the bakers' union represents only 5,000 of them.
"Our members are on strike because they have had enough," said bakers' union president Frank Hurt, who failed second grade math.
"They are not willing to take draconian wage and benefit cuts on top of the significant concessions they made in 2004 and give up their pension so that the Wall Street vulture capitalists in control of this company can walk away with millions of dollars."
They are however, willing to live on unemployment for 90 weeks, and food stamps.
Hostess filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in January 2012 for the second time since 2004. The company cited the high cost of pensions and outstanding debt as the reasons for that filing.
Desperately trying to save the company from going under, the company filed a plan with the federal bankruptcy court in New York. It called for an 8 percent cut to employees’ wages (ALL employees, not just UNION), a reduction in health benefits, and a freeze in pension plan payments for over two years.
“Hostess’ business model is very much small profit margins, high labor cost,” he said.“So if you cannot reduce your hourly cost and if you cannot reduce your healthcare expenses, then you just can’t compete. The profit margins just aren’t big enough.”
Hurt commented,“Ahhhhhh! Those dirty bastards!!” However, Hurt admits to being terrible in math, and has trouble understanding simple concepts.
Because, in return, unionized employees would get a 25 percent equity stake in the company, two seats on its board of directors, and an interest-bearing note worth $100 million. The 8 percent wage cut was part of a five-year deal that included a 3 percent wage increase in the next three years and a 1 percent raise in the final year.
Hostess workers’ compensation range from $16-$18 per hour on the low end, to more than $80K on the high end.
The Teamster’s union, just a wee bit smarter, accepted the deal, when they figured out that unemployment insurance wouldn’t pay their mortgages, credit card bills, truck payments, and utilities.
The baker’s union, run by Hurt, who if you’ll recall failed second grade math, was too stupid to figure that out.
I wonder what all those 13,000 other employees think about unions now?
Take a look. There’s a Twinkies internet forum:
http://www.twinkies.org/messboard.php
I especially like this one:
HEY U IN SC ARE U REALY THAT FUCKING STUPID! THEY R CLOSING FOR GOOD. U STRIKING BAKERS WILL HAVE NOTHING! NO PAY NO INSURANCE NO JOB! BUNCH OF FUCKING ASSHOLES.
Why should a Twinkie baker make a living wage AND get healthcare ? Those workers should get minimum wage, no health insurance...heck, they should lower the minimum wage for Hostess and allow them to pay five dollars an hour right "Omen" ? Pensions ?? who deserves a pension ? People should work till they drop at the ovens and then be pushed out of the way until their shift ends.
How low do you wish to drive wages ? At sixteen to eighteen dollars an hour, these folks aren't exactly living the American dream you know....even at 80K a year they don't meet the Republican's definition of middle class. Gosh those poor CEO's may have to pay 4% more in taxes on income over 250K and a bunch of IDIOTS are ready to seceede from the union, but these workers making a max of 80K should give up 8% from the first dollar and thank Hostess for taking it back.....What is wrong with this picture or...more importantly WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE ?
Have no fear Twinkie lovers ...I predict that there will not be a single day when there are no Twinkies on grocer's shelves.

Location hidden

#56082 Nov 16, 2012
Sweet Beef Cream wrote:
<quoted text>For crying out loud, they made junk food as cheaply as they could while cutting back on quality of ingredients and workers pay. the bakers health will probably improve away from the chemicals they have to inhale daily.
Most of that sweet creamy filling in snack cakes and cookies is animal fat or vegetable oils whipped with sugar. Ever read the ingredients on cheap snack foods; Polysorbate 60, Red 40, mono and diglycerides and calcium sulfate. Calcium sulfate is a food-grade equivalent of plaster of Paris. If they put sheet rock in food or drug products, would you defend them for being unethical capitalists like the Chinese capitalists that were shot for doing same thing?
Here's what's in a Twinkie:
*The Cake:
* Lecithin is an emulsifier made from soy. It's also used in paint to keep pigments evenly dispersed.
* Diacetyl mimics the taste of butter, since the real stuff would go rancid on a store shelf.
* Cornstarch is a common thickener. But it's more often used to make cardboard and packing peanuts.
* Yellow No. 5 & Red No. 40 give the cake the golden look of eggs.
* Sorbic acid, the only actual preservative in Twinkies, comes from petroleum.
The filling
* Shortening (in the form of partially hydrogenated vegetable oil and/or beef fat) is the main ingredient.
* Polysorbate 60 is a gooey substance that helps replace cream and eggs at a fraction of the cost. It's derived from corn, palm oil and petroleum.
* Cellulose gum gives the crème filling a smooth, slippery feel.
* Artificial vanillin is synthesized in petrochemical plants. The real thing comes from finicky tropical orchids that are pollinated by hand on the one day they bloom.
http://lifetwo.com/production/node/20070227-t...
I very rarely eat Twinkies, but in the last few years when I did eat one, I noticed that they weren't as good as they used to be years ago.
Now, whether that's just me or whether they're actually not as good, I couldn't tell you. But, to me they just didn't taste right.

Location hidden

#56083 Nov 16, 2012
I just got a Robo call wanting me to send money to John McCain to fund a Congressional Investigation of the Benghazi Attack.
First of all, the FBI and the CIA are already investigating it and second of all, are we now going to have to pay our Congressmen and our Senators AGAIN to do what we already pay them to do...and pay them way more than they're worth, to do it?
I couldn't believe it! What kind of a Party has the GOP become?
taste buds

Butler, TN

#56084 Nov 16, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I very rarely eat Twinkies, but in the last few years when I did eat one, I noticed that they weren't as good as they used to be years ago.
Now, whether that's just me or whether they're actually not as good, I couldn't tell you. But, to me they just didn't taste right.
Don't know if you're a smoker but, I've smoked for 50 years and nothing seems to taste the same. Wondering if smoking kinda messes with the taste buds?
Morphina Fan

Paris, TN

#56085 Nov 16, 2012
Thats because when people get OLD, their taste buds change. Isn't it funny how someone will spend their lifetime worried about their neighbor and their personal, private lives but won't bother to look into their own HEALTH issues? Smokers are the worst! They stink, their homes stink, their cars stink, their breath stinks and they want to force us non smokers to die from their habits!Smokers are addicted to a drug, so just another drug addict.

Location hidden

#56086 Nov 16, 2012
Mobile_Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you complain about Sassy to your "real life" friends?
Wait...no need to answer that question.
You must be a joke.Satan does not deserve the time of day.Any old 64 year old woman sitting on their ass all 24 hours a day doesn't get my time.She ought to get off it ,get out get a job.
Any SOB that talks abortion is stupid.That is personally between a dpoctor and his patient.
Ever been to an abortion clinic,go before you support killing babies like chickens.
Anybody seeing 18,000 people losing jobs that throws rocks at a company that doesn'tt have to keep the doors open one day longer is stupid.
A person concerned with pensions instead of food on children's tables is stupid. She repesents the devil.How little she knows of how all those families are going to pay the price for union loyalty instead of the one signing their checks to put bread on their tables. Soon you will see more in line at job fairs..She ought to be praising the company instead of throwing rocks but then it's gone anyway.No wonder she's had so many jobs.

Location hidden

#56087 Nov 16, 2012
doctor.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#56088 Nov 16, 2012
Morphina Fan wrote:
Thats because when people get OLD, their taste buds change. Isn't it funny how someone will spend their lifetime worried about their neighbor and their personal, private lives but won't bother to look into their own HEALTH issues? Smokers are the worst! They stink, their homes stink, their cars stink, their breath stinks and they want to force us non smokers to die from their habits!Smokers are addicted to a drug, so just another drug addict.
Put that fried Oreo down before you start assailing smokers. Obesity kills more people and adds more to healthcare costs every year than smoking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should we have 100% mail in voting 30 min Trunketeer 20
Greene County Commissioners Are So Embarrassing 35 min Go Devils 45
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 36 min Trunketeer 4,087
NFL goodell vs ray rice 38 min Trunketeer 13
RPUBLICAN party tells people you can't vote eve... 1 hr WetBacxks Galore 1
NSA shared information with ISRAEL a foreign co... 1 hr Shocking Facts 3
Illegal to spank a child but parents responsib... 1 hr Shocking Facts 1
new sheriff in town made his 1st big change. 1 hr green frog 35
greeneville goodwill bed bug central 3 hr Clean Man 23
Linda Kirk + furniture... 8 hr quite troubling 14