|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

flbrat wrote:
Don't forget to include the great job the Union did at Hostess!!
http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/16/news/companie...
The closing will result in Hostess' nearly 18,500 workers losing their jobs as the company shuts 33 bakeries and 565 distribution centers nationwide. The bakers' union represents around 5,000.
Hostess had already closed the "twinkie" manufacturing part about a year ago, to take bankruptcy and re-organize and go right back into business. I put up a Link to the Article telling about it, at the time it happened. The Article said that it was to re-organize their debts. I have no doubt that they will do the same thing this time. It's become a common practice for Big Companies to get out of paying their debts, since the Bankruptcy Laws were changed back during the Bush Administration, in favor of Big Companies, but against their Suppliers and Individuals. I never once saw the shelves empty of Twinkies during that period that I spoke of.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hostess had already closed the "twinkie" manufacturing part about a year ago, to take bankruptcy and re-organize and go right back into business. I put up a Link to the Article telling about it, at the time it happened. The Article said that it was to re-organize their debts. I have no doubt that they will do the same thing this time. It's become a common practice for Big Companies to get out of paying their debts, since the Bankruptcy Laws were changed back during the Bush Administration, in favor of Big Companies, but against their Suppliers and Individuals. I never once saw the shelves empty of Twinkies during that period that I spoke of.
Yeah Sassy, this is a great way to keep the middle class down and out!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

flbrat wrote:
Don't forget to include the great job the Union did at Hostess!!
http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/16/news/companie...
The closing will result in Hostess' nearly 18,500 workers losing their jobs as the company shuts 33 bakeries and 565 distribution centers nationwide. The bakers' union represents around 5,000.
Don't you wonder how many of those Workers were getting close to being eligible to draw a Pension for years of service, that now the Company won't have to honor and pay out, when they hire all new Workers? Another sorry tactic that's becoming more and more common in the Workplace.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

We can be having the most pleasant intelligent conversation and then, the whole atmosphere changes when certain Posters come on here. It's such a pity. They wake up spewing their venom and insults, which to me, is even more amazing.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.manufacturing.net/news/2012/04/pay...

There is always two sides of the story:)

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

YOU are selfish enough that you just want your little democraps and you.Got news for you,this forum does not happen to be your private turf.
You've been on it two days solid.GetOFF and let people have a break from your trashy lovelorn nosy,meddling advice column ,Mother Sewer Rat. Do you spend all yourtime digging up dirt on the other fella? All you post is dirt.It's sickening to turn on your computer to your dumpster diving spam.You are so greedy.
Omen

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Wonder Bread – Helps build strong bodies 8 ways.

Always buy Wonder Bread. You’ll be glad you dud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Twinkie the Kid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

RIP Hostess. Killed by greedy labor union. Nearly 18,000 workers will lose their jobs, despite the fact that the bakers' union represents only 5,000 of them.

"Our members are on strike because they have had enough," said bakers' union president Frank Hurt, who failed second grade math.

"They are not willing to take draconian wage and benefit cuts on top of the significant concessions they made in 2004 and give up their pension so that the Wall Street vulture capitalists in control of this company can walk away with millions of dollars."

They are however, willing to live on unemployment for 90 weeks, and food stamps.

Hostess filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in January 2012 for the second time since 2004. The company cited the high cost of pensions and outstanding debt as the reasons for that filing.

Desperately trying to save the company from going under, the company filed a plan with the federal bankruptcy court in New York. It called for an 8 percent cut to employees’ wages (ALL employees, not just UNION), a reduction in health benefits, and a freeze in pension plan payments for over two years.

“Hostess’ business model is very much small profit margins, high labor cost,” he said.“So if you cannot reduce your hourly cost and if you cannot reduce your healthcare expenses, then you just can’t compete. The profit margins just aren’t big enough.”

Hurt commented,“Ahhhhhh! Those dirty bastards!!” However, Hurt admits to being terrible in math, and has trouble understanding simple concepts.

Because, in return, unionized employees would get a 25 percent equity stake in the company, two seats on its board of directors, and an interest-bearing note worth $100 million. The 8 percent wage cut was part of a five-year deal that included a 3 percent wage increase in the next three years and a 1 percent raise in the final year.

Hostess workers’ compensation range from $16-$18 per hour on the low end, to more than $80K on the high end.

The Teamster’s union, just a wee bit smarter, accepted the deal, when they figured out that unemployment insurance wouldn’t pay their mortgages, credit card bills, truck payments, and utilities.

The baker’s union, run by Hurt, who if you’ll recall failed second grade math, was too stupid to figure that out.

I wonder what all those 13,000 other employees think about unions now?

Take a look. There’s a Twinkies internet forum:

http://www.twinkies.org/messboard.php

I especially like this one:

HEY U IN SC ARE U REALY THAT FUCKING STUPID! THEY R CLOSING FOR GOOD. U STRIKING BAKERS WILL HAVE NOTHING! NO PAY NO INSURANCE NO JOB! BUNCH OF FUCKING ASSHOLES.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

123pictures wrote:
<quoted text>
STOP stalking me!!!.
If anybody makes a comment about something you've posted, that you don't like, you start screaming, to stop "stalking" you and that you've "reported" them. Who on Earth would want to stalk you and you need to learn what stalking is. Posters whose post make no sense and/or repeat gossip that they read in Supermarket Tabloids are not usually "Stalked" because they haven't posted anything worthwhile! "Stalking" is NOT commenting on your Post or disagreeing with you! And doing that disagreeing and/or commenting several hours prior to you screaming about it! GEEZ!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Irving wrote:
<quoted text>
It stalks me too.(I hesitate to use that word).
It's so damned stupid, and it knows it, and it wants to be slapped around. That's why it runs up and pulls on your pants leg like a little attention starved girl.
All it has is slogans. It's otherwise toothless. For giggles, ask it what its credentials are. Since it puts on airs of being educated, ask it to put its money where its mouth is.
A stalker/harasser/ bully needs reporting everytime.I have repoered them.
They are 3rd party and responsible for what they post.Not their business.Using itas an excuse to stalk others.Report then everytime.3rd party.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Well my U.S. Rep.(R)4th District Scott DesJarlais(TeaBagger,Family Values,Pro-Life)was just re-elected by the good Family Values, Pro-Life people in my 4th District.
Scott did one of his 24 year old patients, who became pregnant, so Scott being a Pro-life/Family Values guy had her get an abortion so his wife would not find out.
Scott also being a Pro-Life/Family Values type of guy, had his first wife get two abortions.
Yeah Scott is a real role model for the Pro-Life/Family Values people in my 4th District.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

I just love freedom of speech a rock and roll baby

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Doctor_Love wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.manufacturing.net/news/2012/04/pay...
There is always two sides of the story:)
What did I tell you about the Pensions? Man, my mouth fell open when I read the part about The Restructuring Firm charging $120,000 a MONTH to tell them that the Upper Management needed to take a Pay Cut, after they got a pay increase of 80% of their Salary. Man, I could have told them that and I wouldn't have charge nearly that much . LOl! There's no telling how much Upper Mgmt. was making to start with, but anybody knows that an 80% raise is way too much, I don't care who you are!
I'm in the wrong business, I need to start a Restructuring Firm...that's where you can make the money for just having common sense! Lol!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

123pictures wrote:
<quoted text>
A stalker/harasser/ bully needs reporting everytime.I have repoered them.
They are 3rd party and responsible for what they post.Not their business.Using itas an excuse to stalk others.Report then everytime.3rd party.
123pictures, Listen carefully to what I'm about to say! This is a PUBLIC Forum! That means, that ANYBODY can post a comment to ANYBODY else's comment ANYTIME they want to!
If you can't accept that, then you need to use the PM option and talk to only the People that you chose to talk to...PRIVATELY! Get it???

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

yes Really Sassy

It's all about ceo greed
flbrat

Fort Pierce, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
What did I tell you about the Pensions? Man, my mouth fell open when I read the part about The Restructuring Firm charging $120,000 a MONTH to tell them that the Upper Management needed to take a Pay Cut, after they got a pay increase of 80% of their Salary. Man, I could have told them that and I wouldn't have charge nearly that much . LOl! There's no telling how much Upper Mgmt. was making to start with, but anybody knows that an 80% raise is way too much, I don't care who you are!
I'm in the wrong business, I need to start a Restructuring Firm...that's where you can make the money for just having common sense! Lol!
You lack common sense though so I would strongly advise you not to do so.

You blindly pass the issue that a Union representing 1/3 of the workforce lost jobs for all the employees. ALL of them. You spin so hard that you must be dizzy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

You abuse the FORUM every day.Greedy.Don't you EVER send a pm to me again.I hate your very being.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
(I know your kidding), Restructuring Firms.......is how old Willard started out. It's good for people like him with no soul, and are after just $$$$$$$, that is pure greed!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

flbrat wrote:
<quoted text>
You lack common sense though so I would strongly advise you not to do so.
You blindly pass the issue that a Union representing 1/3 of the workforce lost jobs for all the employees. ALL of them. You spin so hard that you must be dizzy.
Are you sure about that 1/3%, it use to be 50%?
flbrat

Fort Pierce, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

123pictures wrote:
You abuse the FORUM every day.Greedy.Don't you EVER send a pm to me again.I hate your very being.
Do not invest your emotions in a fool. Smile, it is a good day to be happy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to start a Bull---- business. All you're good for.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

71 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Eddie Overholt, Elderly Veteran, Arrested For A... 7 min Thanks Nashville 30
Who was in the wrong at the Dev. Board meeting? 9 min Sunshine 3
Mayor loses his cool in meeting lol 10 min Sunshine 126
Congratulations Broyles you are making nationwi... 12 min Sunshine 31
76 Year Old Veteran Arrested for Asking Public ... 14 min Poor Newport 191
So, who do YOU wanna see NAKED ! ? ! ? ! (Oct '10) 1 hr loadediper 266
Sheriff Department Budget 1 hr retired jailor 29
Lost respect for GPD 3 hr Dr Wu 28
Where does Mayor Broyles live?? 9 hr yep 23