Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Comments (Page 1,737)

Showing posts 34,721 - 34,740 of123,490
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>No. I'm talking about insults like sh!t coming out of the (!) or mouth.
Oh, you should read some of the mireda coming out of the loon from Camden.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe, it was hit by a German torpedo in 1941, D.
In your post #36679, you stated that "Germany never attacted us before we went to war against them".
U.S.S. Kearny was torpedoed around midnight Oct.16-17 1941. So Germany did attack us BEFORE went to war against them.
Timbuk2

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, OT, Germany never attacked us before we went to war with them. Saddam was throwing his citizens off buildings and gassing them, Pelosi and Reid saw the same Intel that Bush did and concurred with the concern that Saddam was pursuing nukes and would give them to terrorists or use them against Israel. Defendinf Israel against a nuclear Iran has no relevance to pandering.
You forgot about Sadams’ theme parks. Torture cells for the man in your life:

http://www.demotix.com/news/830599/amna-surak...

and for the ladies, Rape rooms:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003/jul/23/i...

Here’s a video of the wacky Sadam making like he was gassing Kurds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Yeah, Iraq would be much better off with Saddam today. But we need to get rid of that terrorist Mubarrack. He’s a real meanie.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>In your post #36679, you stated that "Germany never attacted us before we went to war against them".
U.S.S. Kearny was torpedoed around midnight Oct.16-17 1941. So Germany did attack us BEFORE went to war against them.
War was not declared because of the attack on the Kearny, it was declared after the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>No. I'm talking about insults like sh!t coming out of the (!) or mouth.
Dunlapian, when they have nothing to offer, except to the Wealthy 1%, all their supporters can do is fall back on personal attacks of anybody that exposes their inaccuracies, their revisionist History, & their Garden-variety BS (see, I did really well right up until those last two "letters", didn't I? LOL! Sometimes I just have to call it what it really is, nothing else describes it as accurately.) That what Vet does. You can always tell when you have him "on the ropes", with no legitimate rebuttal argument, because he ALWAYS resorts to personal attacks on the Poster who got the best of him!
BTW, Good Morning, Dunlapian, my Friend.:)
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Timbuk2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Iraq would be much better off with Saddam today. But we need to get rid of that terrorist Mubarrack. He’s a real meanie.
The Arab Spring that Obama embraced has turned into the Arab Spring Nightmare, looks like The Muslim Brotherhood and Sharia Law in Egypt will prevail.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Timbuk2 wrote:
<quoted text>
But, he kept Iran contained & that's what benefited us. If we hadn't hung Hussein, we wouldn't be having this "Nuclear Stand-off" with Iran, today!
Timbuk2

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>In your post #36679, you stated that "Germany never attacted us before we went to war against them".
And here's FDR's speech, basically chickening out of getting involved in Germany:

http://www.usmm.org/fdr/kearny.html

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
War was not declared because of the attack on the Kearny, it was declared after the attack on Pearl Harbor.
And Germany joined forces with Japan & started bombing London, England into oblivion, our strongest Ally! Japan attacked us & Germany attacked Great Britain...at that point, we had no choice but to "join the fight" & the rest is History!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunlapian, when they have nothing to offer, except to the Wealthy 1%, all their supporters can do is fall back on personal attacks of anybody that exposes their inaccuracies, their revisionist History, & their Garden-variety BS (see, I did really well right up until those last two "letters", didn't I? LOL! Sometimes I just have to call it what it really is, nothing else describes it as accurately.) That what Vet does. You can always tell when you have him "on the ropes", with no legitimate rebuttal argument, because he ALWAYS resorts to personal attacks on the Poster who got the best of him!
BTW, Good Morning, Dunlapian, my Friend.:)
.....and Good Morning to you. I really hope every American takes this weekend to reflect on the American's that lost their lives and dreams for eternity.
Timbuk2

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
And Germany joined forces with Japan & started bombing London, England into oblivion, our strongest Ally!
Apparently you were absent when your union teachers were discussing WWII.

London was bombed for 75 out of 76 days from September 7, 1940 until May 1941.

The Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941.

But hey what’s a few months between friends?

The reason the bombings stopped was because most of the bombers were transferred eastwards for the attack on the Soviet Union.

In 1944 London was again attacked - this time by V1s and V2 rockets.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>.....and Good Morning to you. I really hope every American takes this weekend to reflect on the American's that lost their lives and dreams for eternity.
On PBS, they always show on Memorial Day, a documentary about the Guards who watch over the Tomb Of the Unknown Soldier. If you haven't seen it, it's facinating & makes your chest swell with Pride at the meticulious & careful planning that goes into every shift change. I've watched it about 4 times.
Timbuk2

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>Japan attacked us & Germany attacked Great Britain...at that point, we had no choice but to "join the fight" & the rest is History!
The New Dealers' War: Franklin D.Roosevelt and the War Within World War II by Thomas Fleming.

“Historians opposed to Roosevelt's interventionist diplomacy, such as Harry Elmer Barnes and Charles Callan Tansill, have suggested the following argument: Roosevelt, gripped by strong hostility toward Germany, wished ardently to enter the war on the side of the British. But Hitler had no desire to accommodate the American president, and he instructed his navy to avoid hostile incidents with American ships.

What was Roosevelt to do? He knew that he could never ram through Congress a declaration of war against Germany, in the absence of German moves against the United States. Most Americans, however hostile to the Third Reich, opposed entry into the European War. According to the revisionists, this situation did not prove too much for the ingenuity of the wily Roosevelt.”

Japan and Germany were allies; and if Roosevelt could provoke Japan into attacking the United States, was not Germany bound to enter as well? Thwarted by isolationist sentiment for a direct blow against Germany, the president could enter the war through the Japanese "back door." Fleming notes that, after Pearl Harbor, this famous phrase was not long in coming to characterize Roosevelt's strategy. General Robert Wood, a founder of the America First Committee, told Charles Lindbergh immediately after learning of the Japanese attack, "he got us in through the back door" (p. 40).

Roosevelt implemented his plan by provoking Japanese hostility, most notably through an oil embargo that placed Japan in an untenable economic situation. After Roosevelt rejected all Japanese peace feelers, Japan made ready to attack. Of this, Roosevelt was well aware, since the United States was able to decode Japanese military and diplomatic messages. Although information in the days before Pearl Harbor indicated an imminent Japanese assault, Roosevelt refused to warn the Army and Navy commanders at the base. He wanted an attack; otherwise, his back-door ruse would fail.

Mr. Fleming offers persuasive responses to these objections. "If an attack on Pearl Harbor was a surprise only in the tactical sense, what lay behind FDR's decision to base the fleet there?... A good part of the answer lies in the race-based contempt for the Japanese that too many Americans shared with their British allies. The Anglo_Saxons were convinced that the Japanese could neither shoot, sail, or fly with the skill of Westerners.... This arrogant mindset explains why Roosevelt expected to `get hit but not hurt' wherever the Japanese attacked-including Pearl Harbor".

What if Germany did not respond with a declaration of war? Here, Mr. Fleming responds with his boldest stroke. On December 4, 1941, the Chicago Tribune, under the byline of Chesly Manly, published the Rainbow Five War Plan, a detailed agenda for an American invasion of Europe, in cooperation with the British. Most historians have seen publication of this plan as a grievous blow to the president. Did not the exposé show Roosevelt's constant claims that he sought no war in Europe to be blatant lies?

Mr. Fleming, amazingly, suggests that Roosevelt himself orchestrated the leak.
By doing so, he ensured the success of his scheme. The publication of the plan convinced Hitler that war with the United States was inevitable; and in his speech to the Reichstag declaring war, he emphasized the Tribunestory. "His final decision, Hitler said, had been forced on him by American newspapers, which a week before had revealed `a plan prepared by President Roosevelt ... according to which his intention was to attack Germany in 1943 with all the resources of the United States. Thus our patience has come to the breaking point'.

FDR couldn't WAIT to get into the European War.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang Vet, you keep shifting your position on when Germany attacked us. Now you are talking about when war was declared.
As you first said, Germany never attacked us first. Then I corrected you with the attack on the U.S.S. Kearny in Oct. of 41'.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Timbuk2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd have to watch Fox to know what their comments were.
But no you should not be responsible, but I didn't hear you reject what he said.
Well...I watch them a lot. I even listen to the hero of the right, Rush. Why ? well I am at least as interested in their spin as I am with MSNBC's since the truth USUALLY lies somewhere in between. Unfortunately, there are some of you that believe FOX is Gospel ! Not you... right Timbuck ? Chuckles !

I see no reason to accept or reject anything Hayes said. I didn't
say it, and those who follow this thread and my posts already know how I feel about the kids that volunteer in our military services. I am not required to "reject" what he said.....he can....or he can not...as he sees fit, as for me....I stand by what I posted !!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, OT, Germany never attacked us before we went to war with them. Saddam was throwing his citizens off buildings and gassing them, Pelosi and Reid saw the same Intel that Bush did and concurred with the concern that Saddam was pursuing nukes and would give them to terrorists or use them against Israel. Defendinf Israel against a nuclear Iran has no relevance to pandering.
Germany ??? You wish to go that far back "vet" ??? I thought everything that happened before Obama got here was off the table ....old news.....not relevant.... Isn't that your meme whenever someone discusses George "W" ??? If Saddam was throwing people off of buildings....they were his people not ours. It was up to them to get rid of him, not us or the US military. How many Iraqi's were thrown off those buildings and how many got gassed, compared with how many have died since Bush declared Mission Accompished in his flight suit ????
Do Pelosi and Reid being wrong somehow make Bush and Cheney less culpable for those THOUSANDS of deaths ? I hope they are hounded by the ghosts of the dead for the rest of their lives.

Panetta was doing nothing but pandering....obviously Obama wants the Jewish vote and he has his Defense Secretary out on the Sunday shows making sure he mollifies that block of voters. Nothing else newsworthy regarding the DOD is going on right now and there is no other reason to trott Panetta out this morning. Sickening, but not particularly surprising sadly.
Timbuk2

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Dang Vet, you keep shifting your position on when Germany attacked us. Now you are talking about when war was declared.
As you first said, Germany never attacked us first. Then I corrected you with the attack on the U.S.S. Kearny in Oct. of 41'.
Well, if you're gonna get technical, the Kearney was dispatched from Iceland to help a Canadian convoy that was being picked apart by a German wolfpack.

The Kearney spent several hours dropping depth charges on the German Submarines. Sounds like we attacked them, and they defended themselves.

Given the anti-war sentiment of the US population at the time, even the great FDR couldn't have used that one to get in. But he had something else up his sleeve, given that we'd broken the Japanese code, and knew in advance what they were going to do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

OH Great! Just what the World needs, more Female Crime Bosses in the Illegal Drug Business!
I hope the Authorites treat them the same as they would a Male!
----------
"Women On The Rise In Mexican Drug Cartels."

Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/05/27/women-o...
Unreal

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text>Germany ??? You wish to go that far back "vet" ??? I thought everything that happened before Obama got here was off the table ....old news.....not relevant.... Isn't that your meme whenever someone discusses George "W" ??? If Saddam was throwing people off of buildings....they were his people not ours. It was up to them to get rid of him, not us or the US military. How many Iraqi's were thrown off those buildings and how many got gassed, compared with how many have died since Bush declared Mission Accompished in his flight suit ????
Do Pelosi and Reid being wrong somehow make Bush and Cheney less culpable for those THOUSANDS of deaths ? I hope they are hounded by the ghosts of the dead for the rest of their lives.
Panetta was doing nothing but pandering....obviously Obama wants the Jewish vote and he has his Defense Secretary out on the Sunday shows making sure he mollifies that block of voters. Nothing else newsworthy regarding the DOD is going on right now and there is no other reason to trott Panetta out this morning. Sickening, but not particularly surprising sadly.
They won't be (haunted by it) because they have no conscience and no soul!
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text>Germany ??? You wish to go that far back "vet" ??? I thought everything that happened before Obama got here was off the table ....old news.....not relevant.... Isn't that your meme whenever someone discusses George "W" ??? If Saddam was throwing people off of buildings....they were his people not ours. It was up to them to get rid of him, not us or the US military. How many Iraqi's were thrown off those buildings and how many got gassed, compared with how many have died since Bush declared Mission Accompished in his flight suit ????
Supporting Israel against their Islamic terrorist neighbors has been the American policy of presidents since the 40's. Maybe you would like the Islamic terrorists to prevail against Israel. Anti Semite much.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 34,721 - 34,740 of123,490
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

104 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
YMCA does not drug test workers (Feb '10) 10 min Big Money 101
People who curse 23 min Se7en187 4
Greene County Mayor's Race 23 min kim 79
I love this forum because?????? 27 min Se7en187 201
A Great Big Fck You 29 min All Seeing Brown Eye 56
Salon station/booth rental 46 min Stylist help 1
face it 1 hr Detector 7 106
Linda Woolsey Running For Judge -- No Really Sh... 3 hr me either 39
Greene County Clerk Race 6 hr nuts 105