Sakura, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

The "furloughed" workers get reimbursed for any pay they lose during the shutdown so it's kind of like being on vacation. Nice.

“ I'M”

Since: Aug 10

JUST ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

They did the same thing in 95, 96.
It's just one of the perks.
Plus Mark

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

That ain't right. I don't get paid while I'm laid off so why should they? They ought to fire half of them worthless SOBs.
carl edwards

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

They should all be living under a bridge.

Since: Jun 12

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

carl edwards wrote:
They should all be living under a bridge.
carl baby, you're slipping! A simple declarative sentence? No homophobia, racial bigotry, or Jesus-loves-me? No far-out provocations? Is this a guest poster using this name?
Red Rover

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

OUTLAW RACER wrote:
<quoted text>carl baby, you're slipping! A simple declarative sentence? No homophobia, racial bigotry, or Jesus-loves-me? No far-out provocations? Is this a guest poster using this name?
This can't be the real Outlaw Racer. This impostor made a sentence without using the words invective, obloquy, calumny, redundant, or repetitious.

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Red Rover wrote:
<quoted text>This can't be the real Outlaw Racer. This impostor made a sentence without using the words invective, obloquy, calumny, redundant, or repetitious.
You forgot,'juvenile.' My position: If a poster has something valid to say on a subject that does not fit the above 6 terms I will read and consider. Most don't. In this case, based on carl edwards' previous rants, the one I commented on was profound.
Red Rover

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

OUTLAW RACER wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot,'juvenile.' My position: If a poster has something valid to say on a subject that does not fit the above 6 terms I will read and consider. Most don't. In this case, based on carl edwards' previous rants, the one I commented on was profound.
To you, maybe.

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Red Rover wrote:
<quoted text>To you, maybe.
Of course, to ME! I call that opinion--MINE! Anyone who agrees or disagrees is welcome to comment--without use of invective.
Mr Jefferson

Lima, Peru

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

But if all the government workers get back pay and the shutdown is supposedly costing as much or more than business as usual, what's the point? A pissing contest between the two parties? Holding America hostage while they play party politics? Nice.
Red Rover

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

OUTLAW RACER wrote:
<quoted text>Of course, to ME! I call that opinion--MINE! Anyone who agrees or disagrees is welcome to comment--without use of invective.
Ah.....the "I" word again.

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Red Rover wrote:
<quoted text>Ah.....the "I" word again.
If not 'I,' then what collective group do you suggest I consider joining? No many 'I's' out there; lots of 'us.' and 'we.' And so very little questioning or challenging anything. Mundane,
Red Rover

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

OUTLAW RACER wrote:
<quoted text>If not 'I,' then what collective group do you suggest I consider joining? No many 'I's' out there; lots of 'us.' and 'we.' And so very little questioning or challenging anything. Mundane,
The "I word," as in the repetitive use of the word invective.
In the know

Spartanburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Mr Jefferson wrote:
But if all the government workers get back pay and the shutdown is supposedly costing as much or more than business as usual, what's the point? A pissing contest between the two parties? Holding America hostage while they play party politics? Nice.
. House voted to pay them while they were off so it makes sense they'd make them return to their jobs
What now

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

In the know wrote:
<quoted text>. House voted to pay them while they were off so it makes sense they'd make them return to their jobs
Actually making them return would require a passing of a CR. Otherwise they are running against the Anti Deficiency Act. The ADA would not allow everyone to be called back to their jobs because it would incure charges in which there are no previous appropriations.

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Red Rover wrote:
<quoted text>The "I word," as in the repetitive use of the word invective.
The average poster on Topix falls back on the 'I' word as a response whenever questioned or challenged. Not really a response, just a knee-jerk reflex. As I have stated before, those people's statements are automatically disregarded since they seemingly cannot respond in any other way. Possibly, in the social circles they frequent, invective IS an appropriate response to anything. Not in the real world.

“light always defeats darkness”

Since: Jul 13

nowhere

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Is not part of the problem that there are not enough I's and too many we's and us's. It is harder to be an individual than to be a follower, blindly believing what people say without question.
ialredynos

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

I don't agree with the furloughed workers receiving back pay. I think if they got a furlough paper then go to the unemployment office and draw a smaller government check (if they qualify). Then when they get called back to work and do their job is when they should receive the check they are used to.
crazy as hell

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Same here...more talking to yourself, stalker troll (Ms Karma, Mr Jefferson, ialredynos)
carl edwards

Jeffersonville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

America wasn't built by government workers who have their hands out for a free ride, this country was founded by hard-working christians like me.

Remember when Reagan went in and fired all the air-traffic controllers who were on strike? Well, that's what we need right now. Go in and fire everyone in government, get rid of all these freeloading liberal government worker bums once and for all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

95 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Jimmy Carter gas .65 cents 7 min Really 5
How can we recruit some nice ladies here? 10 min _Word Woman_ 93
Looking for address Sheriff Barns, lawn mower r... 14 min Lawn mower man 2
Happy Easter 25 min _Word Woman_ 5
suboxone clinic opens in baileyton 35 min otis 280
Let's Praise Satan (Apr '11) 42 min Shannon Morris 179
3 TIMES A BUSH now thats brilliant voting 44 min sign for U 2
wreck 107 1 hr Travels 107 7
Greene County Clerk Race 12 hr Watching17 119