House passes bill to retroactively pa...

House passes bill to retroactively pay furloughed workers

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

ms karma

Tokyo, Japan

#1 Oct 6, 2013
The "furloughed" workers get reimbursed for any pay they lose during the shutdown so it's kind of like being on vacation. Nice.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2 Oct 6, 2013
They did the same thing in 95, 96.
It's just one of the perks.
carl edwards

Johnson City, TN

#4 Oct 6, 2013
They should all be living under a bridge.

“I'M BACK.......SPORA DICALLY”

Since: Jun 12

BUFFALO, NY

#5 Oct 6, 2013
carl edwards wrote:
They should all be living under a bridge.
carl baby, you're slipping! A simple declarative sentence? No homophobia, racial bigotry, or Jesus-loves-me? No far-out provocations? Is this a guest poster using this name?
Red Rover

Greeneville, TN

#6 Oct 6, 2013
OUTLAW RACER wrote:
<quoted text>carl baby, you're slipping! A simple declarative sentence? No homophobia, racial bigotry, or Jesus-loves-me? No far-out provocations? Is this a guest poster using this name?
This can't be the real Outlaw Racer. This impostor made a sentence without using the words invective, obloquy, calumny, redundant, or repetitious.

BUFFALO, NY

#8 Oct 6, 2013
Red Rover wrote:
<quoted text>This can't be the real Outlaw Racer. This impostor made a sentence without using the words invective, obloquy, calumny, redundant, or repetitious.
You forgot,'juvenile.' My position: If a poster has something valid to say on a subject that does not fit the above 6 terms I will read and consider. Most don't. In this case, based on carl edwards' previous rants, the one I commented on was profound.
Red Rover

Greeneville, TN

#9 Oct 6, 2013
OUTLAW RACER wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot,'juvenile.' My position: If a poster has something valid to say on a subject that does not fit the above 6 terms I will read and consider. Most don't. In this case, based on carl edwards' previous rants, the one I commented on was profound.
To you, maybe.

BUFFALO, NY

#10 Oct 6, 2013
Red Rover wrote:
<quoted text>To you, maybe.
Of course, to ME! I call that opinion--MINE! Anyone who agrees or disagrees is welcome to comment--without use of invective.
Mr Jefferson

Peru

#11 Oct 6, 2013
But if all the government workers get back pay and the shutdown is supposedly costing as much or more than business as usual, what's the point? A pissing contest between the two parties? Holding America hostage while they play party politics? Nice.
Red Rover

Greeneville, TN

#12 Oct 6, 2013
OUTLAW RACER wrote:
<quoted text>Of course, to ME! I call that opinion--MINE! Anyone who agrees or disagrees is welcome to comment--without use of invective.
Ah.....the "I" word again.

BUFFALO, NY

#13 Oct 6, 2013
Red Rover wrote:
<quoted text>Ah.....the "I" word again.
If not 'I,' then what collective group do you suggest I consider joining? No many 'I's' out there; lots of 'us.' and 'we.' And so very little questioning or challenging anything. Mundane,
Red Rover

Greeneville, TN

#14 Oct 7, 2013
OUTLAW RACER wrote:
<quoted text>If not 'I,' then what collective group do you suggest I consider joining? No many 'I's' out there; lots of 'us.' and 'we.' And so very little questioning or challenging anything. Mundane,
The "I word," as in the repetitive use of the word invective.
In the know

Nebo, NC

#15 Oct 7, 2013
Mr Jefferson wrote:
But if all the government workers get back pay and the shutdown is supposedly costing as much or more than business as usual, what's the point? A pissing contest between the two parties? Holding America hostage while they play party politics? Nice.
. House voted to pay them while they were off so it makes sense they'd make them return to their jobs
What now

Baltimore, MD

#16 Oct 7, 2013
In the know wrote:
<quoted text>. House voted to pay them while they were off so it makes sense they'd make them return to their jobs
Actually making them return would require a passing of a CR. Otherwise they are running against the Anti Deficiency Act. The ADA would not allow everyone to be called back to their jobs because it would incure charges in which there are no previous appropriations.

BUFFALO, NY

#17 Oct 7, 2013
Red Rover wrote:
<quoted text>The "I word," as in the repetitive use of the word invective.
The average poster on Topix falls back on the 'I' word as a response whenever questioned or challenged. Not really a response, just a knee-jerk reflex. As I have stated before, those people's statements are automatically disregarded since they seemingly cannot respond in any other way. Possibly, in the social circles they frequent, invective IS an appropriate response to anything. Not in the real world.

“light always defeats darkness”

Since: Jul 13

nowhere

#18 Oct 7, 2013
Is not part of the problem that there are not enough I's and too many we's and us's. It is harder to be an individual than to be a follower, blindly believing what people say without question.
ialredynos

Johnson City, TN

#19 Oct 7, 2013
I don't agree with the furloughed workers receiving back pay. I think if they got a furlough paper then go to the unemployment office and draw a smaller government check (if they qualify). Then when they get called back to work and do their job is when they should receive the check they are used to.
crazy as hell

Cambridge, MA

#21 Oct 7, 2013
Same here...more talking to yourself, stalker troll (Ms Karma, Mr Jefferson, ialredynos)
carl edwards

Louisville, KY

#22 Oct 7, 2013
America wasn't built by government workers who have their hands out for a free ride, this country was founded by hard-working christians like me.

Remember when Reagan went in and fired all the air-traffic controllers who were on strike? Well, that's what we need right now. Go in and fire everyone in government, get rid of all these freeloading liberal government worker bums once and for all.

BUFFALO, NY

#23 Oct 7, 2013
carl edwards wrote:
America wasn't built by government workers who have their hands out for a free ride, this country was founded by hard-working christians like me.
Remember when Reagan went in and fired all the air-traffic controllers who were on strike? Well, that's what we need right now. Go in and fire everyone in government, get rid of all these freeloading liberal government worker bums once and for all.
carl baby, welcome back. Good to read your nonsensical rants again. Reagan was right in firing the air traffic controllers--he was also DAMNED LUCKY that one of replacements or trainees actions didn't crash an airplane or two within a year or two.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nolachuckey Teacher Fired? 1 min Genius 59
Mountain States, Wellmont merger 2 min Pastor Bubba 12
I am tired of winning, how about you? 3 min Max Planck 47
News Female Inmate Dies After Medical 'Episode' In Jail 6 min Another mother 72
High point of administration 13 min Max Planck 35
Great jobs numbers! 40 min Trumpisreallytranny 1
Pray for Kohlrabi 43 min Trumpisreallytranny 2

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance