Jail Decertified and ANOTHER 3 Millio...
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
For Sale

Kingston Springs, TN

#42 Sep 20, 2012
I have been in Green county jail and no it is no place for a humans it is really really bad but its not like you are supose to want to go back it taught me a lesson I seen alot go on in there Thank God I was a young person because there medical well they would leave you in the hole before they would let you see a nurse not to mention a nurse who don't give a sh#t about nobody. Those girls could have been having a baby and they wouldn't care o yeah that did happen her baby died on the sh#t jack is what they call it.There so called milk says on it not for humans.In the winter you can see your breath and if someone smokes they will take your blanket away from you.Maybe it is the inmates turn to be heard finally and they are not asking for the holiday inn but its not to much to ask to be fed and have a safe place to sleep I mean really.It is a place I never want to go back to that is for sure...
Lol

Antioch, TN

#43 Sep 20, 2012
Well if everybody thought like you, we wouldn't have over crowding. That's the way it should work.
stay out

Jonesborough, TN

#44 Sep 20, 2012
If it was so bad why do these people keep going back like its there home?Huh Kinda funny aint it

Since: Jan 12

United States

#45 Sep 20, 2012
A lot of the people in jail are really drug addicts and alcoholics. Thats not including the ones watched outside of bars and pulled over as soon as they leave a bar. I have seen judges, law personnel also at Italian village drinking and even Applebee's drinking too. Need to stop entrapment methodology and arrest people weaving all over the road including people on cell phones for they are endangering everyone !
The hardened and violent criminals need to be segregated from the less violent ones. The workhouse is a place for them and maybe use them for gardening and maintenance projects! Speed up some of the basic DUI violations and bond them out with probation and house arrest etc with strict monitoring so they think twice before they do it again. The drug problem has quadrupled again here. It reminds me of

United States

#46 Sep 20, 2012
I apologize for reposts, phone not acting right!
Thinking

Greeneville, TN

#47 Sep 21, 2012
Serendipity wrote:
<quoted text>
Might work as long as you don't mind losing your eye, your nuts (another incident), or your baby (another incident.)
Your comment is funny to me. I am very familiar with all three incidents. If I were in jail or even had balls, I wouldn't get them anywhere near an automatic door that I am smart enough to know would cause severe issues. I also wouldn't choose drugs as my way in so I wouldn't run the risk of losing my baby while there. It doesn't look like my plan will pan out. Apparently I'm just too smart or have too much self respect to end up in jail. Darn.
Wow

Greeneville, TN

#48 Sep 21, 2012
citizen wrote:
How about STOP electing Steve Burns? That would be a start. Get somebody in there who is smart and can run the jail. Not somebody who just uses it as his employment. Steve Burns is an uneducated hillbilly. What does everyone expect out of this trashy, drug hole of a town? It people like him who keep getting re-elected that have ran this town into hell! Thanks voters! Lets make sure he is sheriff for the rest of his life!
You sound like a real Einstein yourself.
citizen

Brentwood, TN

#49 Sep 21, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a real Einstein yourself.
That's it? Really? You don't seem to have too much to say. That makes you so intelligent huh?

United States

#50 Sep 21, 2012
I don't know this lawyer Tony Lee but I think maybe I should research him for I like the fact he is willing to take on these agencies when frankly they aren't doing their job or hold them ACCOUNTABLE when they violate federal Constitutional rights!
go directly to jail

United States

#51 Sep 22, 2012
It's a badly run jail. It should be decertified. Sheriff Burns and the County Commissioners are responsible both for current conditions and for improving them. Can they do it? Don't know.
Ironic

Elizabethton, TN

#52 Sep 22, 2012
Isnt it ironic that not long after the property tax was voted in that public knowledge of a $3 million lawsuit against the jail was made known? Makes you wonder where the tax money is really going ! Also, in my opinion, if you have done something stupid enough or bad enough to end up in jail, then you deserve sub-standard treatment. You obviously dont care much about yourself or the person you did wrong. Why should you get good treatment ? Your victim didnt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GHS baseball (May '14) 2 min local folk 33
Nearby nursing home bouncing payroll checks to ... 4 min local folk 5
Tammy Thompson Pillar 5 min local folk 2
Us nitrogen 6 min fred sanford 8
Confederate Flags cowboy boots skoal and inbree... 19 min Epidemic of stupi... 60
place to put camper 20 min Booger_ Burns 8
Anyone know where the iceberg swimming hole is 1 hr road runner 6
Poll I like Obama for the following reason 11 hr Word 30
it is happening. we are next 11 hr whothehellcares- 31
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages