Jail Decertified and ANOTHER 3 Millio...

Jail Decertified and ANOTHER 3 Million lawsuit

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jan 12

Sumter, SC

#1 Sep 17, 2012
What do you think about the jail decertification? Get creative Greene County and Solve your jail crowding. Maybe instead of demolishing donated houses which seems a waste you could reclaim some of these deserted houses and buildings and make it a place for minimum one time people railroaded and placed in jail before bond and trial!
ZiT ReMeDeY

Albemarle, NC

#2 Sep 17, 2012
Stay out of jail.It's not supposed to be the Marriott.
Awesome O

Rathdrum, ID

#3 Sep 17, 2012
This is what sheriff wants. Now he can get his new jail.
Good

United States

#4 Sep 17, 2012
Good more jobs for greene county
Disgusted

Johnson City, TN

#5 Sep 17, 2012
reclaim rights wrote:
What do you think about the jail decertification? Get creative Greene County and Solve your jail crowding. Maybe instead of demolishing donated houses which seems a waste you could reclaim some of these deserted houses and buildings and make it a place for minimum one time people railroaded and placed in jail before bond and trial!
How about people keep their ass out of trouble and we would have no need for more room. Just love how the guy that is suing listed his current address as the jail. What a loser !
scrounger

Fort Campbell, TN

#6 Sep 17, 2012
Awesome O wrote:
This is what sheriff wants. Now he can get his new jail.
Judging by all the bitchin on here about all the theives and druggies gettin out of jail w a slap on the wrist it should be what we all want.You people want everybody locked away but you damn sure better not ask you for the money to do it.
scrounger

Fort Campbell, TN

#7 Sep 17, 2012
reclaim rights wrote:
that $hit wouldnt fly either.Folks get on here and raise hell about barking dogs next door much less a half way house/jail annex.
Thinking

Johnson City, TN

#8 Sep 18, 2012
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>How about people keep their ass out of trouble and we would have no need for more room. Just love how the guy that is suing listed his current address as the jail. What a loser !
I think maybe I'll do something to get arrested then pick a fight once I'm in there. Go in a convict, come out a MILLIONAIRE! Sounds like a plan to me.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Brentwood, TN

#9 Sep 18, 2012
well you voted for the wheel tax and then the school tax, now get ready to have taxes raised again so Burns can build his new play pen, time to sell and move from this high taxing town
Bye bye bye

Sharon, SC

#10 Sep 18, 2012
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:
well you voted for the wheel tax and then the school tax, now get ready to have taxes raised again so Burns can build his new play pen, time to sell and move from this high taxing town
bye
tea party

United States

#12 Sep 18, 2012
Good wrote:
Good more jobs for greene county
what we need is more private sector jobs not more a**h**** on the public payroll paid by taxes. We pay enough in taxes. But you're a cop, so you think there's no end to other people's money.

Since: Jan 12

Sharon, SC

#13 Sep 18, 2012
How about underutilized buildings. For that person that thinks they know why people end up in jail and falsely accused you obviously haven't pissed someone off in our corrupt town and THEY used their position of POWER to railroad you! This TOWN needs to grow a conscience and STOP their BULLYING TACTICS! Good for all of those that stand up for their RIGHTS and the lawyers that represent them. When a few overpowerful people with the right connections can HARM people deliberately and get by with it by breaking the law that they are sworn to uphold; then, expect MORE LAWSUITS! Frankly, you deserve it!
Wake Up

Nashville, TN

#14 Sep 18, 2012
Well Awesome O, I hope you are right and he does get the new jail. I for one was predominantly concerned about the approximately 1.5 million dollars in revenue our community will now forfeit due to the loss of state inmates. I am also concerned about the stigma placed on our area. Scrounger, hooray for stating the truth! So many people complain of our crime rate especially in the areas of theft, robbery, larceny, pleading for such individuals to be incarcerated. However, when it comes time to talk taxes, it is all over. As far as a high taxing town, while the sales tax may be elevated compared to many, how about looking at our property taxes vs. Florida, or Tennessee imposing a state tax like North Carolina. I do not know Mr. Burns personally, but I am behind him 100% on this issue. People jump the gun before doing the math. If Greene County gets a bigger jail, guess what happens to the revenue then(ding, ding)? Yes, it increases tremendously. If someone invests money do you really think they would do it if they had to take a loss? Certainly not. This is an investment for the county(no ifs about it). I strongly encourage the commissioners and especially Mayor Broyles to review this matter(after all you were voted in to do what was in the best interest of the people). Hold them to accountability, not just the sheriff. Wake up citizens, stop the small talk, do your research and support what is right!
By the way, I am certainly glad to see a blog in this forum which can be utilized in a constructive way.
The Real Deal

Antioch, TN

#15 Sep 18, 2012
What do they do with the $1.5 million from the state inmates? If it's making that much profit, why is my taxes getting raised?
Lol

United States

#16 Sep 19, 2012
Instead of putting everyone in jail, I suggest putting people on house arrest . Make them walk the roads for 8 hours a day picking up trash . That is for the non violent , probation revoked etc . If they dont show , double their time.
The Real Deal

Antioch, TN

#17 Sep 19, 2012
If their thieves, lock them up in the old Magnavox building and let them fend for themselves. Hopefully they kill each other and we don't have to worry about them anymore.
Lol

United States

#18 Sep 19, 2012
The Real Deal wrote:
If their thieves, lock them up in the old Magnavox building and let them fend for themselves. Hopefully they kill each other and we don't have to worry about them anymore.
Lol your right pisses me off to no end to work like a dog to have what I got to have a lazy ass break in to get what I have worked hard for . Dirty rat bastards !!!
White beans

Nashville, TN

#19 Sep 19, 2012
Wake Up wrote:
Well Awesome O, I hope you are right and he does get the new jail. I for one was predominantly concerned about the approximately 1.5 million dollars in revenue our community will now forfeit due to the loss of state inmates. I am also concerned about the stigma placed on our area. Scrounger, hooray for stating the truth! So many people complain of our crime rate especially in the areas of theft, robbery, larceny, pleading for such individuals to be incarcerated. However, when it comes time to talk taxes, it is all over. As far as a high taxing town, while the sales tax may be elevated compared to many, how about looking at our property taxes vs. Florida, or Tennessee imposing a state tax like North Carolina. I do not know Mr. Burns personally, but I am behind him 100% on this issue. People jump the gun before doing the math. If Greene County gets a bigger jail, guess what happens to the revenue then(ding, ding)? Yes, it increases tremendously. If someone invests money do you really think they would do it if they had to take a loss? Certainly not. This is an investment for the county(no ifs about it). I strongly encourage the commissioners and especially Mayor Broyles to review this matter(after all you were voted in to do what was in the best interest of the people). Hold them to accountability, not just the sheriff. Wake up citizens, stop the small talk, do your research and support what is right!
By the way, I am certainly glad to see a blog in this forum which can be utilized in a constructive way.
I personally do not think people who are addicted to drugs should be in jail, they should be handled in another manner.

Prohibition failed, and for the same reasons the war on drugs is failing, some people obviously want to use the stuff.

You don't like corruption surround drugs and loose money, understand the choice is clear. Corruption always follows demand if the product in demand is illegal, just as corruption follows most legal activities, yet on a smaller scale. Last night I was watching something on the black market in stolen art.

If you are going to contiune to send these politicians to Nashville and DC to be tough on crime with more laws and tougher sentancing guidelines relared to drug activity, then get ready to pay to build bigger jails. It is that simple.

Since the mood is for tougher laws, then Greene County is in need of a new jail, it is that simple.
rebel

Brentwood, TN

#20 Sep 19, 2012
Wake Up wrote:
HMMMM.... that was the arguement for the current jail/workhouse, research that.
Lol

Antioch, TN

#21 Sep 19, 2012
White beans wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally do not think people who are addicted to drugs should be in jail, they should be handled in another manner.
Prohibition failed, and for the same reasons the war on drugs is failing, some people obviously want to use the stuff.
You don't like corruption surround drugs and loose money, understand the choice is clear. Corruption always follows demand if the product in demand is illegal, just as corruption follows most legal activities, yet on a smaller scale. Last night I was watching something on the black market in stolen art.
If you are going to contiune to send these politicians to Nashville and DC to be tough on crime with more laws and tougher sentancing guidelines relared to drug activity, then get ready to pay to build bigger jails. It is that simple.
Since the mood is for tougher laws, then Greene County is in need of a new jail, it is that simple.
I hope you realize that rehabs aren't working. People aren't put in jail for being addicts. It's what they do to buy the drugs or while on the drugs that lands them in jail. If an addict or a drunk as far as that goes would just stay home and do their drugs, they'd never be in jail .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are liberals so weak and feminine? 1 min Mean Muggin 52
american greetings (Aug '14) 4 min Depends 3
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 50 min Chatty 9,547
Zipping Along 1 hr CuriosityClock 37
Judge odrers Bill Cosby stand trial 4 hr Observer 41
What's record for most relationships on Facebook 4 hr duh 5
Ignoring God's WARNING! end time prophecies 4 hr Kohlrabi 2
Favorite bar to go with yo friends 5 hr simple 175
If you could.... 19 hr Leonardo 43
More from around the web