How do you deal with depression/suici...

How do you deal with depression/suicidal thoughts

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
howtodealwithit

Erwin, TN

#1 Sep 21, 2012
I go throughout my day praying in my heaad a lot and trying to keep positive but all of a sudden i will get rushes of thoughts of things that anger me in my past(we all do i guess), then crippling depression, like I don't do drugs anymore cause of legal issues so I don't know how to deal with it, I already tried medications and stuff... i get too many allergic reactions to them, Idk how to deal with it, like i just want to go fill a prescription and down them or get drunk and cut my wrist or blow my brains out I think about it multiple times a day for long periods idk man, maybe i should just do it man... fuck it. you have to deal with so much in this world, relationships people being hard to deal with, getting let down and heartbroken, unemployment, struggling with money, trying to have faith but doubting the Lord, the stupid as law trying to put u in jail all the time for retarded stuff, like some weed? when u r just trying to deal with mental issues...

everytime you get some kidn of excitment it is let down man, u look around and see the blessings in others lifes and you wonder why god is not working in yours? i hate god really sometimes i will go to hell when i kill myself but oh well. maybe the demons and satan will be cool cuz i try to pray to them sometimes too and tell Satan i can feel his pain his side of the story dude, here is what life has to offer, prison, a crazy house a hospital or a bunch of years of busting your ass or being struggling and trying to get a long with arse holes... i don't know man. i don't like it no more.
howtodealwithit

Erwin, TN

#2 Sep 21, 2012
Then you try to think of things to kill it like drugs maybe but then you get legal issues and more depression and it just numbs it for a small time. or religion but god is so far away it says he is hear but we can't see or fel him? so what does it mean? i breath in air but it does not cure my depression? it just goes in my lungs and out. then relationships people all got their own problems in their own world, or relationships romantic, you will get cheated on hurt more, you get let down as people as so unpredictable in hwo they will change they're mind and emotions they will drop you like that... i don't get it. you try church but your going home to be by yourself in your own thoguhts at night to your dreams that haunt you with all the shit you try to burry during the day. i mean, i think suicide is a good way out you got too much to deal with kill yourself that simple... i feel bad for not being thankful but im not content with life so i think i should just off it man. anyone else feel like ti?
howtodealwithit

Erwin, TN

#4 Sep 21, 2012
da devil cast uh spell own me i was hypnotized by mind his lies and promises of fast thrills n cheap highs now im livin in my own mind own my own time reaching out for things to feel the void in this illusion followin this bittersweet delusion of happiness prayin to a god who don't have an ear to hear cause he don't exist we in the midst of this universe cursed to live and going to death.
howtodealwithit

Erwin, TN

#6 Sep 21, 2012
like i imagine people finding my cold stiff fucking body dude how would they react? like... i would be either dead unconscious or floating around the world or in hell i guess. or heaven i doubt that though. like people would see i ws not messing around n stuff that iw as really ready to do it... it doesn't really matter were all going to die n e way n forget this world you know? so why should i stick around and suffer through a pointless life? that is my conundrum, i hate my life why keep livin it?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#7 Sep 21, 2012
Suicidal thoughts are a symptom of depression--just like excrutiating pain is a symptom of a broken leg.

When emotional pain gets so severe that you begin to experiece suicidal thoughts, it's time to seek outside help. Sometimes you will be treated with therapy, sometimes you'll be treated with medication and therapy.

Either way, this is the 21st century and there are many treatments for the agony that you are experiencing.

Get yourself over to a clinic (Frontier or whatever is available).

If you broke you leg, you wouldn't be expected to just deal with the pain all by yourself.

If you need an incentive just remember that if you take your life, someone else in your family is several times more likely to follow your example in the future. Typically it is someone younger--a child--a niece/nephew--someone like that.

You don't want suicide to be your legacy.

Good luck to you...
howtodealwithit

Erwin, TN

#8 Sep 21, 2012
i mean to think positive at least i can still get drunk n stuff like i can drank all day and feel numb to the world and not have to feel lonely anymore, i might even socialize if i am drunk, and it is LEGAL to be drunk in a bar or at home so i should just be an alcoholic man, that is my solution to suicide id rather do drugs like opiates but i can't risk i don't want to go to jail u know, i mightj ust kill myself tonight though really is what i am thinking if today doesen't go good im gonna end it all man, get the fug outta this world dude. all you need is a razor a bottle of liqour and a slice man, or a bottle of major tranquilizers like seroquel or zyprexa something that shuts down your breathing and heart rate, i mean i don't have a gun so i can't do it that ay but ill find a way, take a bunch of DXM n hang from a tree i won't feel the noose around my neck or dxm to numb it and cut my wrist that is a good one i really want to die.

“I've Always Been This Stupid”

Since: May 12

Greeneville TN

#11 Sep 21, 2012
You won't find the help you are looking for on topix. While it may feel good to get it off your chest it is not a long term solution. You need professional help from someone that can treat you as an individual. I had to try several different meds before I found the right one for me. I have been on it for 10 years and it has worked well. But it wasnt just the medicine. i took a long look at my life and realized a lot of things that were causing my issues.You need to decide if you are willing to put in the work. I wish you well and hope you find help.
been there

Bluff City, TN

#12 Sep 21, 2012
howtodealwithit wrote:
i mean to think positive at least i can still get drunk n stuff like i can drank all day and feel numb to the world and not have to feel lonely anymore, i might even socialize if i am drunk, and it is LEGAL to be drunk in a bar or at home so i should just be an alcoholic man, that is my solution to suicide id rather do drugs like opiates but i can't risk i don't want to go to jail u know, i mightj ust kill myself tonight though really is what i am thinking if today doesen't go good im gonna end it all man, get the fug outta this world dude. all you need is a razor a bottle of liqour and a slice man, or a bottle of major tranquilizers like seroquel or zyprexa something that shuts down your breathing and heart rate, i mean i don't have a gun so i can't do it that ay but ill find a way, take a bunch of DXM n hang from a tree i won't feel the noose around my neck or dxm to numb it and cut my wrist that is a good one i really want to die.
hoping you had a better day
truth hurts

Bangkok, Thailand

#13 Sep 21, 2012
U need to find something to live for, no matter how silly or trivial it might seem
Adele

Phoenix, AZ

#14 Oct 12, 2012
You can try talking with a person that you trust. Life is hard but there are also good things from it. You can try looking at the good side of things instead of focusing your attention to the things that you can't change. It will only frustrtae you if you do that. Many who took Zoloft have also felt more suicidal. Check this site out http://www.zoloftlawsuithelpcenter.com
Not into politics

United States

#15 Oct 12, 2012
a lot of churches offer support groups like celebrate recovery knowing that you are not the only one feeling this way will help . Look into a great positive support group and a new set of friends makes the world of difference then you will have people that can relate. I could research and refer you to such groups however it's ultimately up to you to put your feet on solid ground and take the help offered.
theangryguy

Athens, TN

#16 Oct 13, 2012
Attempting suicide and failing!
Yep

Johnson City, TN

#17 Oct 13, 2012
I think of my mother. It would shatter her heart to have to bury another child. I just dont think she would live through it again.

Just by staying alive, you are preventing pain for others. It means more than you will ever know.

Stay alive. You'll be saving somebody else's life, trust me.
theangryguy

Athens, TN

#18 Oct 13, 2012
Yep wrote:
I think of my mother. It would shatter her heart to have to bury another child. I just dont think she would live through it again.
Just by staying alive, you are preventing pain for others. It means more than you will ever know.
Stay alive. You'll be saving somebody else's life, trust me.
As far as any of my family goes, they could care less about me. I do not have nobody, no friends,no family,no one.
Hey

Johnson City, TN

#19 Oct 13, 2012
Just give into the urges is probably the best thing
your future x wife

United States

#20 Oct 13, 2012
If only Dr. Kevorkian hadn't died...
theangryguy

Athens, TN

#21 Oct 13, 2012
your future x wife wrote:
If only Dr. Kevorkian hadn't died...
Life's a b***ch isn't it.
sickofsuicide

Chico, CA

#22 Dec 24, 2012
Hey, ive lost my kids dad Nov 2011 his mother, June 2012 and now my 22 he old with a 2 nth old is suicidal too. I had to deal with my ex literally taking a knife away from him. Always when he'd get depressed .he would be drinking alot. My daughter has the same patterns as her dad when it comes to suicidal thoughts. She's not scared to die.how do I help her not kill herself like her dad and grandma? She wants help but she's resistant kind of.
Nita Mann

Clover, SC

#23 Dec 24, 2012
sickofsuicide wrote:
Hey, ive lost my kids dad Nov 2011 his mother, June 2012 and now my 22 he old with a 2 nth old is suicidal too. I had to deal with my ex literally taking a knife away from him. Always when he'd get depressed .he would be drinking alot. My daughter has the same patterns as her dad when it comes to suicidal thoughts. She's not scared to die.how do I help her not kill herself like her dad and grandma? She wants help but she's resistant kind of.
Sometimes, depression runs in families. The situation you described makes me think so given your daughter lost two blood relatives from suicide within a few months. Sometimes, there are chemical imbalances which can be corrected with medication. Other times, depression can be caused because of a traumatic event that people never quite get through & they sort of let their lives go which creates an unstable environment for them or their children. The unstable environment might lead to drugs/alcohol/other bad habits as a coping mechanism if they have mental issues from some sort of trauma & never get counseling or its ineffective. Maybe your daughter's grandmother fit that bill. Maybe she had depression or a chemical imbalance. Either way, the resulting problems of being untreated can cause problems for the rest of the family & then it becomes a vicious cycle carried on to the next generation.:(

In your daughter's case, if she is "bad off" then you need to make sure her baby is taken care of. If she is neglecting the child then you might need to intervene in the court system to take temporary custody of the child until she gets better. Your daughter might be dealing with both a biological link of something being wrong, such as a chemical imbalance while also being depressed about losing her grandmother & dad. I'm sure she worries about her own child's future given that the baby has two fewer family members. Lastly, with a young baby she might be suffering from postpartum depression.

Regular exercise, rest & a good diet will never hurt anyone; HOWEVER, she really needs to see a doctor sooner than later! The doctor can evaluate her to get her on meds to alleviate the problem. This could be a temporary condition caused by the pregnancy hormones, stress, & depression over deaths or it might be something more serious in which long term counseling & meds will be needed. If you have insurance then call your family physician at the soonest. He/she can do some initial tests & evaluations to make an appropriate referral. Frontier Mental Health might be of assistance if you have no insurance.

You are in a though situation but it can be managed. I wish you the very best & hope you can get her the help she needs & she does better real soon!!:)
that guy who knows stuff

Puyallup, WA

#24 Jun 12, 2014
Nita Mann wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes, depression runs in families. The situation you described makes me think so given your daughter lost two blood relatives from suicide within a few months. Sometimes, there are chemical imbalances which can be corrected with medication. Other times, depression can be caused because of a traumatic event that people never quite get through & they sort of let their lives go which creates an unstable environment for them or their children. The unstable environment might lead to drugs/alcohol/other bad habits as a coping mechanism if they have mental issues from some sort of trauma & never get counseling or its ineffective. Maybe your daughter's grandmother fit that bill. Maybe she had depression or a chemical imbalance. Either way, the resulting problems of being untreated can cause problems for the rest of the family & then it becomes a vicious cycle carried on to the next generation.:(
In your daughter's case, if she is "bad off" then you need to make sure her baby is taken care of. If she is neglecting the child then you might need to intervene in the court system to take temporary custody of the child until she gets better. Your daughter might be dealing with both a biological link of something being wrong, such as a chemical imbalance while also being depressed about losing her grandmother & dad. I'm sure she worries about her own child's future given that the baby has two fewer family members. Lastly, with a young baby she might be suffering from postpartum depression.
Regular exercise, rest & a good diet will never hurt anyone; HOWEVER, she really needs to see a doctor sooner than later! The doctor can evaluate her to get her on meds to alleviate the problem. This could be a temporary condition caused by the pregnancy hormones, stress, & depression over deaths or it might be something more serious in which long term counseling & meds will be needed. If you have insurance then call your family physician at the soonest. He/she can do some initial tests & evaluations to make an appropriate referral. Frontier Mental Health might be of assistance if you have no insurance.
You are in a though situation but it can be managed. I wish you the very best & hope you can get her the help she needs & she does better real soon!!:)
that was beautiful sir u made my day

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tampons 7 min Chatty 30
Steven dunbar 40 min $500 6
Judge odrers Bill Cosby stand trial 47 min Sheriff Larry 26
Bill Cosby 48 min Sheriff Larry 2
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 1 hr Dixie iron fist 9,537
Mail carrier won't pickup my mail??? (Dec '10) 2 hr Crybaby 154
Favorite bar to go with yo friends 2 hr Zyklon B 149
What's going on at Towering Oaks Baptist Church? (Feb '11) 3 hr Agrees with longing 374
Yo ladies 5 hr Gray Gypsy 53
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages