MEDIAN FAMILY income 30,382 Greene co

MEDIAN FAMILY income 30,382 Greene co

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

POOR WORK pay

Bristol, TN

#1 Mar 23, 2014
The Obama 10 .10 wage would help that seems lots of people are making a low wage to many to be just entry level works in HS like they claim the wealthy job creator class folks .
Your worth

Bristol, TN

#2 Mar 23, 2014
Sure you work hard but the job creators take the biggest cut cause they can .
Clever job creators

Bristol, TN

#3 Mar 23, 2014
They own the officials so they control the wage levels .
Tax US please

Bristol, TN

#4 Mar 26, 2014
Its the Republican game they tax the little people so the rich don't have to pay more .
wow

Greeneville, TN

#5 Mar 26, 2014
You're an idiot. The rich pay nearly all of the taxes in this country. Oh and by the way, since you hate the rich, not only do the rich pay the vast majority of the taxes in this country but they also give 99% of all charity donations in this country. Stop hating the rich because you're poor... If it wasn't for them your stupid/lazy a$$ would be screwed.
land of plenty

Bristol, TN

#6 Mar 26, 2014
But so many have so little here in Ye old Greeneville town of conservative Republican poverty for the many while a few rich folks keep it that way .
Income gap

Bristol, TN

#9 Mar 26, 2014
We could do better if we attracted job creators who pay well instead of keeping them out . Eastman comes to mind way back when local rich job creators said no to them locating here and polluting the Nolichuckey but providing jobs that pay well for the rest of time .
Income Gap

Bristol, TN

#11 Mar 26, 2014
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
Tennessee's employment problems have less to do with wealthy job creators or the national economy taking a dump. Tennessee's employment problems are largely self-inflicted.
Good paying jobs require a workforce that has intelligence, education, experience, responsibility, work ethic, and integrity. Coincidentally, you will find none of these traits in people who live in Tennessee. None.
The only reason parents in Tennessee put their kids in school in the first place is for a baby-sitting service or so their kids can play football. These kids grow up and you see them in the mugshots paper, or they turn into Bubba hanging out at the sporting goods department at wal-mart.
Is this the pool from which companies like Eastman Chemical are going to be recruiting their engineers? Eastman hires their button-pushers out of Kingsport, but all of their "productive" employees get recruited from places like Atlanta and Baltimore.
Here's a newsflash dummy: just because you speak English, were born in America, and you claim that "I work hard, I am a good worker", that doesn't mean that you are automatically entitled to a job. Especially a good paying job.
Most employers look at Tennesseans the same way you would look at Mexicans. Uneducated, unskilled laborers. A company is not going to spend hundreds of millions of dollars moving to Tennessee and tooling up, just to pay a bunch of self-entitled, illiterate, irresponsible billies a huge wage, healthcare and retirement.
Most high paying jobs nowadays require Bachelors degree minimum. Most of the people in this area can't even pass a background check or drug test.
And people wonder why there aren't any great job opportunities in this state??? Here's a tip: drop your southern accent, learn to speak in a normal and intelligent manner, get your teeth fixed and take a bath, and then move to Ohio.
Then in 30 years you can come back to Tennessee and retire here.
This Conservative Republican has just called me the people of the state county and town dumb asses . I take offense to that you should too . I like living here and if anything is to blame for our historical poverty rates its the fact that we, well most of us vote Republican year after year and that party keeps us under the job creator thumb and they love cheap labor caring little about teeth condition or the ability to speak Chinese or the fact we will not work as hard as a Reagan illegal for the low wages . I say as Obama care is helping us as we speak get in better health and I hope soon a dental plan is made available so you can look unto our gift horse mouth before we are hired . Drug testing as I recall that Steve Jobs fellow you know the I phone guy couldn't pass a drug test his whole life and we all see what he done so if a company can afford to pay for a drug test they are not paying employees enough I say . Blame our voting habits not our mountain blood or you just might get a boot up your ass LOL .
Income Gap

Bristol, TN

#12 Mar 26, 2014
PS the majority wins we should get what ever we want . LOL
Larry

Lilburn, GA

#13 Mar 26, 2014
Democrats are all victims of wealthy people. There is no way to fix stupid.
AnonyMus

United States

#14 Mar 26, 2014
Collake just stop putting peoples name on Topix and starting trouble with the factorys. Everyone knows who you are , I mean this is Mafia City.
Club feet

Bristol, TN

#15 Mar 26, 2014
Larry wrote:
Democrats are all victims of wealthy people. There is no way to fix stupid.
personally I blame Clinton and that girl for the next century but those were the good surplus times then your Bush W pucked it all up .

Since: Jan 12

Johnson City, TN

#16 Mar 26, 2014
Maybe we NEED to get some of them drug people and uneducated people to apply to be policemen in order to THINK like the ones that COMMIT murders and robberies around here. Three murders in two months and just how many DOA for drugs. Maybe, we could use some of those computers Gov Haslam is awarding DCS to set up unsuspecting people and stealing their children based ALL on LIES that is KNOWN! Just HOW MANY MORE needs to happen BEFORE SOMETHING is DONE! Excluded from your children's lives by a COURT, BOARD OF EDUCATION, and COURT and children PLACED with criminals and WHAT DOES the PEOPLE of GREENEVILLE and GREENE COUNTY EXPECT??
How many murders this year, drug overdoses, and children STOLEN? Am I living in a movie???
Way of life

Bristol, TN

#18 Mar 27, 2014
Its made us hard and we can get by but what about the children shouldn't we make the job creators give more to the church of the hard work rewards for them ?
Larry

Charlotte, NC

#19 Mar 27, 2014
uneduated self-entitled lazy , wont work hard enough for rich job creators to give them more money. vote REPUBLIAN against best interests or vote OBAmA for free money??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 10 min Princess Hey 10,520
Beggars at stop lights. 11 min just me 20
Kohlrabi and BellaRosaLinda Marry 48 min Junior 1
Time to Walmart people bash again! 57 min Mart Fan 9
Hey Amanda 2 hr Mustangmark 1
Why are you blocking me? 2 hr Off-topic police 20
Cheese 2 hr whothehellcares- 17

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages