Great Place

Fort Campbell, TN

#166 Sep 27, 2012
The Hyperion is not like everyone is describing. It's a great place to hang out and there are several prominent locals that hang out there. The food is great and if anyone thinks it is expensive, evidently you don't get out much. It's a great place to go chill. My husband and I love it.
yankee

Fort Campbell, TN

#167 Sep 27, 2012
Best food. And. Drinks. In this town
your future x wife

United States

#168 Sep 27, 2012
Tonight is a perfect night for me to grace the infamous Hyperion with my presence, for I have no more wine in my glass. Unfortunately, the local thrift stores are closed.

“Listen, Think, Speak.”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#169 Sep 28, 2012
your future x wife wrote:
Tonight is a perfect night for me to grace the infamous Hyperion with my presence, for I have no more wine in my glass. Unfortunately, the local thrift stores are closed.
I was beginning to think I was the only wine drinker in this town. Sadly though, I've yet to find any dining establishment here to socialize over a decent glass that doesn't have the aroma of vinegar, rotten eggs or wet newspaper and tastes like diesel or nail polish remover smells.:-)
Old Customer

Elizabethton, TN

#170 Oct 9, 2012
The Hyperion has had it's ups and downs. There are some good people who go there and there are some bad. As for the employees, it's been going downhill for the past few years. Wilma and Andrew aren't "bad" people, but they do have some issues. Wilma has a temper, her and Andrew are "swingers", and they let some things slide that they shouldn't. They're only human though. I'm sure anyone running an establishment like the Hyperion is going to make some mistakes. There will always be "friends" who get preferential treatment, and those who fall into the other extreme. There is a lot of drug use there, but it's relative to the size of the crowd. The more people there are, the more chances you have to see it. It's the same at every bar. I'm not here to bad mouth the Hyperion, but I'm not here to praise it either. I have over 5 years of first hand experience with that place, but I'm happy to say I no longer spend my money there. I've seen a lot of bad things go down there, but I have a lot of good memories too. You have to take the good with the bad, if the bad is is too overwhelming, then you move on. Everyone who isn't happy with the Hyperion, just move on. That's what I did. I know there aren't any good places to hang out in Greeneville, but as long as the Hyperion has a steady stream of customers, it will continue to be the only game in town and it will go on functioning just like it is now. Why change how you run a place if it's always full of customers? Other places have tried to compete and all of them failed. You can blame that on prices, people, drugs, or just bad luck. To be honest, I think the things that a lot of people are complaining about are what draws much of the current crowd. Alcoholics will go where there's alcohol. Drug dealers and addicts will find a place to meet. Men/women looking for an easy lay, will go where the odds are in their favor. On the other side of that coin, People will go to be with their friends, or to make new friends and chat over a drink.. Some people will go to hear music or watch a game while sipping a beer. They may just want to unwind after a hard days work. As for me, I have better things to do than go to a bar anymore, even if that's where my friends are. It's just too stressful, thinking about all the risks of walking into a place like that, ANY place like that. Be it the Valley, the Hype, etc. If I want to "unwind" I can do so at home. I can drink, have friends over and do whatever I like, without any of the risks involved in going to a bar. It's been over 13 years since I turned 21, I just have different priorities now than I did back then.
Oh, I'd also like to mention that this is my first and probably last post on "Topix". This is by far the most immature and ignorant site I've ever seen. It's nothing but drama and trash talking. I admit, some of the things that seem rather harsh on this site are true, but people should find a better use for their time than posting a thread about someone having an STD. LOL Of course, I've now posted my opinion, so I really don't have any right to complain about this site. Good night everyone.

“Listen, Think, Speak.”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#171 Oct 10, 2012
Old Customer wrote:
The Hyperion has had it's ups and downs. There are some good people who go there and there are some bad. As for the employees, it's been going downhill for the past few years. Wilma and Andrew aren't "bad" people, but they do have some issues. Wilma has a temper, her and Andrew are "swingers", and they let some things slide that they shouldn't. They're only human though. I'm sure anyone running an establishment like the Hyperion is going to make some mistakes. There will always be "friends" who get preferential treatment, and those who fall into the other extreme. There is a lot of drug use there, but it's relative to the size of the crowd. The more people there are, the more chances you have to see it. It's the same at every bar. I'm not here to bad mouth the Hyperion, but I'm not here to praise it either. I have over 5 years of first hand experience with that place, but I'm happy to say I no longer spend my money there. I've seen a lot of bad things go down there, but I have a lot of good memories too. You have to take the good with the bad, if the bad is is too overwhelming, then you move on. Everyone who isn't happy with the Hyperion, just move on. That's what I did. I know there aren't any good places to hang out in Greeneville, but as long as the Hyperion has a steady stream of customers, it will continue to be the only game in town and it will go on functioning just like it is now. Why change how you run a place if it's always full of customers? Other places have tried to compete and all of them failed. You can blame that on prices, people, drugs, or just bad luck. To be honest, I think the things that a lot of people are complaining about are what draws much of the current crowd. Alcoholics will go where there's alcohol. Drug dealers and addicts will find a place to meet. Men/women looking for an easy lay, will go where the odds are in their favor. On the other side of that coin, People will go to be with their friends, or to make new friends and chat over a drink.. Some people will go to hear music or watch a game while sipping a beer. They may just want to unwind after a hard days work. As for me, I have better things to do than go to a bar anymore, even if that's where my friends are. It's just too stressful, thinking about all the risks of walking into a place like that, ANY place like that. Be it the Valley, the Hype, etc. If I want to "unwind" I can do so at home. I can drink, have friends over and do whatever I like, without any of the risks involved in going to a bar. It's been over 13 years since I turned 21, I just have different priorities now than I did back then.
You're right...valid points all. I also chose not to patronize the establishment myself now although it was mainly from the convenience of it's location to begin with and not having to drive to the Tri-Cities or Asheville for a glass of wine or a cocktail. There were actually a few decent folks I met there to socialize with as well and not everyone was irresponsible, drug addicted or simply looking for a one night stand. Wilma and Andrew are very nice people regardless of their sexual preferences, the food is mediocre at best, the wine and drink selections limited but the current batch of employees seem to be their real problem now. That padding my tab issue was just too much for me personally to overlook although given the number of times throughout the evening I've witnessed the employees duck into the corners just out of camera range doing various shots, I suppose the shrinkage has to be accounted for somehow...right? I just wish Greeneville-Greene County had more options available and my money would stay here rather than being spent outside the area.:-)
Nolichuckey

Johnson City, TN

#172 Oct 10, 2012
Even if we had more options in Greene County, remember it will always be the same customer base. Open the doors of any new bar or restaurant and it will have the same exact type of people that live in Greene Co. How would you keep the sleezy people out?
Narcoleptic

Highlands, NC

#173 Oct 10, 2012
Nolichuckey wrote:
Even if we had more options in Greene County, remember it will always be the same customer base. Open the doors of any new bar or restaurant and it will have the same exact type of people that live in Greene Co. How would you keep the sleezy people out?
I have a 38 special...let's just call it "natural selection".

“Listen, Think, Speak.”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#174 Oct 10, 2012
Ahhh, that's where the quandary comes in. When I first arrived here I was interested in opening a wine-martini bar with fresh, and I mean FRESH, seafood like I'm accustomed to on the Carolina coasts but after having been advised that I should venture "out and about" by some I soon realized I wouldn't be in business long given the emphasis placed squarely on price and quantity by most folks here. Top shelf, high quality food and drink isn't cheap and you do have to make a profit. I don't know...maybe create an atmosphere that makes them feel uncomfortable? Price them out? Dress code? Make it a private club? All of the above?:-)
Fan club

Oak Ridge, NC

#175 Mar 27, 2013
Whats the menu

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#176 Mar 27, 2013
Fan club wrote:
Whats the menu
Cheese fries and alcohol
boater

Johnson City, TN

#177 Mar 27, 2013
Great prime rib!!
agree

Taylors, SC

#178 Mar 28, 2013
LMAO wrote:
Must be the Valley or the Filling Station people putting the post on here. Pissed off cause the Hyp is kicking there asses....Go out back, have a drink, and listen to some good music. Go outside hangout with some friends, or if you like go up front and listen to Karaoke. I personally don't care for Karaoke.
they are all trashy and places for DRAMA! only one kinda two kinda people hang out in these places men looking for easy lay and women who are easy lay!
misterb

Johnson City, TN

#179 Mar 28, 2013
Go early!Like 7 or 8 pm.! Great food, esp. steaks!! Then check out VFW!!!
Hmm

Elizabethton, TN

#180 Mar 28, 2013
agree wrote:
<quoted text> they are all trashy and places for DRAMA! only one kinda two kinda people hang out in these places men looking for easy lay and women who are easy lay!
Are you talking about the united states?
wtf

United States

#183 Apr 16, 2013
kris long wrote:
<quoted text>then you and youre husband are complete idiots its not a great place at all infact its the biggest shythole in town and the staff is the worst that dykebitch with bluehair needs her face and attitude adjusted,id love to punch her face a few times and the owners are dumbf*cks from hell,tired booking my [email protected] band and they wont because they know im better than anyone else there they are pathetic dont support them ever wilma isacuntbag
you are a complete ashhole man.you come on topix and start sh!t with everyone behind a screen
his baby girl

Winnsboro, SC

#184 Apr 22, 2013
It's greeneville people its the best In town!!

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#185 Apr 22, 2013
Nolichuckey wrote:
Even if we had more options in Greene County, remember it will always be the same customer base. Open the doors of any new bar or restaurant and it will have the same exact type of people that live in Greene Co. How would you keep the sleezy people out?
I agree. The only way you would get rid of it is to make the drinks more expensive. But you wouldn't be able to stay open b/c Greeneville doesn't have the customer base to support a higher-end bar.

Since: Sep 10

Morristown, TN

#186 Apr 22, 2013
kris long wrote:
<quoted text>then you and youre husband are complete idiots its not a great place at all infact its the biggest shythole in town and the staff is the worst that dykebitch with bluehair needs her face and attitude adjusted,id love to punch her face a few times and the owners are dumbf*cks from hell,tired booking my [email protected] band and they wont because they know im better than anyone else there they are pathetic dont support them ever wilma isacuntbag
This is not Kris Long posting. I am Kris Long. I'm sick of this person posting as me.

Since: Sep 10

Morristown, TN

#187 Apr 22, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>you are a complete ashhole man.you come on topix and start sh!t with everyone behind a screen
That was not me posting. Unless it comes from this account, it's not Kris Long. Why must people continue to post as me? Eric, Natasha, whichever one it is this time, just stop. You both need to give it up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris Taylor running against the Hawk!! 21 min observer 8
Bridget Tweed Oliver 22 min Does it ever end 4
Tenn. lawmakers approve repeal of ‘spiritual tr... 1 hr whothehellcares- 2
Dear Flagtards of Greeneville 2 hr DavyCrockett 48
Boo Simpson 9 hr Bobby 1
Why chase married men? 9 hr Mmfromgreeneville 23
Family or Cell Phone? 9 hr Sheriff Larry 11
Bean barn 9 hr Hey yellow 20
Clay Finley 12 hr Life goes on 34
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages