Why are black people all about shoes?
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Donny

Burns, TN

#44 Aug 29, 2012
Deez nuts wrote:
I don't think a big bank account should necessarily be their main goal. I'm saying that the vast majority of sneaker collectors should be spending their money on more important things. People don't have their priorities straight. I agree all of us are wasteful to an extent, on a variety of different things. Mine is golf. To touch on the main subject with no racial intent, I think you see blacks with nice sneakers because most grew up poor. Sneakers is what they grew up wanting. Every kid wants "fresh nikes". It stems from wanting something so badly all your life and now that you have money to buy them, that's what you buy. I'm just saying that it's not a very good priority to have.
If they are making their own money and want to spend it on sneakers, then what is wrong with that? It seems like you defused your argument in what you just said. If it is a hobby of someone's and they enjoy it, more power to them. In college I had a friend who was a "sneaker head". He had original releases of numbered Air Jordans from when Jordan actually played ball. I think he said he paid retail of about $130 per pair of sneakers. He sold most of those pairs in order to finance a car, and sold each pair for between $300-600(depending on the model of shoe I assume...rarity, etc). That seems like a pretty good investment to me, I don't know of anything other than gold that can increase in value that quickly. He paid for that car in cash for around $15,000 with right around $4,000 invested. Some of these guys are sitting on gold mines in their rooms with how many pairs of sneakers they have. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree, respectfully.
p dildoey

Johnson City, TN

#45 Aug 30, 2012
sheeut,next yall a be dissin my gold toof
Rebecca

Rock Springs, WY

#47 Oct 27, 2013
Hmmm. I don't get this question. When I was a young woman, I used to be all about shoes and clothes, but mostly shoes. A lot of my female friend had the same "shoe addiction".

Did a woman right this question? She must not know what it is like to love the shoes. I also know a "metrosexual" male who has more shoes than any woman I have ever known.

It all depends on the person.
Government Cheese

Greeneville, TN

#48 Oct 29, 2013
What about white people and NASCAR, I'm white as a cracker and I just don't get it. So don't cast aspersions if you do not or can not understand that some folks are different or have tastes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Washington County resident wins Miss "Greene" C... 7 min just me 5
OMG grow up ya baby! 9 min Schooliscool 4
Better than Walmart DC? 10 min Former resident 18
Colin Keppernick 25 min Leonardo 33
Amity Cutshall Miller (Mar '13) 55 min Bloodhound 67
Newest local con artist 1 hr Pheonix 1
Anyone know Jason Lee ? 1 hr tvfd 9

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance