First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Increased pay gifts

Bristol, TN

#260 Apr 3, 2014
I hear it over and over from conservatives work and you will get ahead sure but when a company does so good why don't the hard workers get a fair piece of that pie Republican job creator greed is why .
Revenge of the termite

Nashville, TN

#261 Apr 3, 2014
Increased pay gifts wrote:
I hear it over and over from conservatives work and you will get ahead sure but when a company does so good why don't the hard workers get a fair piece of that pie Republican job creator greed is why .
It is up to the individual to acquire the needed skills and education in order to command a higher salary. If you can be replaced by any doofus with a 10th grade education, you won't make much money. Sorry, Doofus, that is how the system works, whether it is in Greeneville, Knoxville, Los Angeles, or Atlanta.
Pea ants united

Bristol, TN

#262 Apr 3, 2014
The wealth speaks for itself you workers will work for what ever you are paid and if you unionize they will fire you .
Revenge of the termite

Nashville, TN

#263 Apr 3, 2014
Pea ants united wrote:
The wealth speaks for itself you workers will work for what ever you are paid and if you unionize they will fire you .
Get an education and skills and you can find another job.
Office workers chain gang

Bristol, TN

#264 Apr 3, 2014
The wealth is in a lock box you people can't have much of it .
Revenge of the termite

Nashville, TN

#265 Apr 3, 2014
Office workers chain gang wrote:
The wealth is in a lock box you people can't have much of it .
The key to the lock box is given to the educated and skilled in society, not to some dumbass who quits school and has no marketable skills.
greene guy

Lake City, SC

#266 Apr 3, 2014
it is proven again ..... you cant fix stupid !!!!
greene guy

Lake City, SC

#267 Apr 3, 2014
I See Through the BS wrote:
Niswanger only really contributes to Greeneville Schools. I know he funded several band programs and etc. but come on look at those compared to GHS whole campus. What a heartwarming man for all his community service and good deeds.... oh wait it's just a way to get a break on taxes.
That is about stupid...... why would he give away $10 million just to keep from sending Obama $3 Million???
news

Greeneville, TN

#268 Apr 4, 2014
greene guy wrote:
<quoted text>That is about stupid...... why would he give away $10 million just to keep from sending Obama $3 Million???
Simple...he knows wer the 10 is going. The 3 would be spent blindly by the government.
Office work overtime

Bristol, TN

#269 Apr 4, 2014
Obama is making it due and payable as they ship Government goods I would bet . They only make 25 k I hear .
Huden Roberts

Freeport, Bahamas

#270 Dec 8, 2014
Mr. Niswonger
This is Bishop Roberts from Freeport , Bahamas. Congratulstions.
UFO

United States

#271 Dec 8, 2014
Huden Roberts wrote:
Mr. Niswonger
This is Bishop Roberts from Freeport , Bahamas. Congratulstions.
I think Mr. Niswonger is an alien shapeshifter! How do I know? I really don't, only educated speculation. You can't watch this video and think that he is human. He is a shapeshifter!
http://youtu.be/9zycSqINXe4

“The doctor is in!”

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#272 Dec 9, 2014
It's interesting to see people rail against someone who started from the ground and built up a successful business then turned back around and gave back to his adopted community very generously. I guess it can only be chalked up to jealousy and envy and ones lack of initiative on thier part.
UFO

United States

#273 Dec 9, 2014
Dr Wu wrote:
It's interesting to see people rail against someone who started from the ground and built up a successful business then turned back around and gave back to his adopted community very generously. I guess it can only be chalked up to jealousy and envy and ones lack of initiative on thier part.
My comment was facetious. Some of the comments on here are absurd. Wonder what this town would look like had it not been for Scott's involvement. Tusculum College would be a bunch of crumbling buildings, Greeneville High would look much different, many of the non-profits in town would struggle for funding... I could go on.
Really

Greeneville, TN

#274 Dec 9, 2014
Dr Wu wrote:
Very good post. I totally agree!

“I Believe in Me ”

Since: Jan 13

MoTown

#275 Dec 9, 2014
You shouldn't put people's names in Topix , he's handsome charming & a very intelligent business man that does great things for our community anyone that says otherWise is a liar !

www.antibully.gov
Frank Santore

Greeneville, TN

#277 Dec 11, 2014
As I have stated about those who have posted comments about me on this garbage heap, it seems that when one is a professional in this little Peyton Place of a town called Greeneville, Tennessee, as I am, or when one has achieved a position of prominence, like Scott has, the jealousy and envy which creeps into the collective psyches of the rest of you allows you to make baseless accusations and spread false rumors about professionals and/or prominent people. When Scott flew for Magnavox, he had not a penny to his name: I know, because my father represented him in a child support matter, I believe (I could be mistaken) against his first wife. Through hard work, he earned--again, HE EARNED--everything he has. If I were him, as much as people in this town are always saying "gimme" to him, I'd tell everyone to stick it in their ass and go to hell. But Scott being the gentlemen that people who really know him--including some clients of mine--say that he is, gives back to this community, a community where he had no ties until his adult life. Most CEOs and corporate founders do not contribute, in terms of percentage of net worth and/or net income, the amount of money to charity that Scott does each year. So what if he gets some publicity for it? Is that all bad? Do we all not want to be recognized for the good things that we do?
I think that this community ought to thank heaven that we have a citizen among our midst such as Scott Niswonger, a man whom I've never seen personally "put on airs," or think that he can put his pants on two legs at a time. If you think that having money is supposedly a sin, then get the hell out of this country, and go to China, Russia, or, better yet, any country in Central America, South America, or sub-Saharan Africa, and see how you'd like it there. Get off this man's back.

“The doctor is in!”

Location hidden

#278 Dec 11, 2014
Frank Santore wrote:
As I have stated about those who have posted comments about me on this garbage heap, it seems that when one is a professional in this little Peyton Place of a town called Greeneville, Tennessee, as I am, or when one has achieved a position of prominence, like Scott has, the jealousy and envy which creeps into the collective psyches of the rest of you allows you to make baseless accusations and spread false rumors about professionals and/or prominent people. When Scott flew for Magnavox, he had not a penny to his name: I know, because my father represented him in a child support matter, I believe (I could be mistaken) against his first wife. Through hard work, he earned--again, HE EARNED--everything he has. If I were him, as much as people in this town are always saying "gimme" to him, I'd tell everyone to stick it in their ass and go to hell. But Scott being the gentlemen that people who really know him--including some clients of mine--say that he is, gives back to this community, a community where he had no ties until his adult life. Most CEOs and corporate founders do not contribute, in terms of percentage of net worth and/or net income, the amount of money to charity that Scott does each year. So what if he gets some publicity for it? Is that all bad? Do we all not want to be recognized for the good things that we do?
I think that this community ought to thank heaven that we have a citizen among our midst such as Scott Niswonger, a man whom I've never seen personally "put on airs," or think that he can put his pants on two legs at a time. If you think that having money is supposedly a sin, then get the hell out of this country, and go to China, Russia, or, better yet, any country in Central America, South America, or sub-Saharan Africa, and see how you'd like it there. Get off this man's back.
I wouldn't have thought a man of your 'prominence' would be caught dead on this garbage heap. Anyway it's great that you took the time out of your busy schedule to grace us with your intelligence and insight. Mr. N must be proud to have a stalworth such as you to back him up. I must go now for I am late for the Peyton Place picnic.

“The doctor is in!”

Location hidden

#280 Dec 11, 2014
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything he said is the truth, so what is your problem with it?
At no time in my post did I disagree with the his statement about Mr. Niswonger. In fact in a previous post I lauded Mr. Niswonger's accomplishments and philanthropy. I did take to task his smugness and especially the 'little Peyton Place' comment seeing as he has feathered his nest nicely off the backs of the folks here. So to answer your question, NO I don't have a problem.
ohwell

Greeneville, TN

#281 Dec 12, 2014
To be quite honest it really does not matter about how much education you have in a small town like this. It's ass kissing and you're last name that get's all the good jobs that come here. That's a fact and if you cannot see that then you are blind and need to go to the eye clinic. Just call it like I see it. It's always the usual suspects.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Great jobs numbers! 3 hr Max Planck 26
High point of administration 3 hr Max Planck 45
Staff Pro 3 hr Bobo 10
Kilday can't handle truth 4 hr Max Planck fan 13
Nolachuckey Teacher Fired? 5 hr Beginning and th... 60
Lower Back Tattoos on Women 5 hr Tiny Trump peepee 20
Max Planck For Sheriff 5 hr Max Planck 271

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance