First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Concerned

Columbia, MD

#1 Feb 11, 2012
I see that Niswonger is making millions of dollars. Every time he makes money the drug busts in Greeneville goes up.
Downtowner

Brentwood, TN

#2 Feb 11, 2012
WHAT ??????????
APPRECIATIVE

Kingsport, TN

#3 Feb 11, 2012
niswonger has done a lot for our community, etsu, ut, and other places! you should thank him or cough up $$$$ to help your community also!!
Weld man

Gallatin, TN

#5 Feb 11, 2012
Thanks Scott for all your help in Greeneville.
Appreciative Student

Johnson City, TN

#6 Feb 11, 2012
Mr. Niswonger has helped our community and others more than people realize. Yes, he has money, but he shares it and is not greedy. Without him Tusculum College would probably be non-existent and the City AND County School Systems would not have near as many resources available. Thank you so much Mr. Niswonger. It's MUCH appreciated.
What

Elizabethton, TN

#7 Feb 11, 2012
Greeneville is full of kool-aid drinking sheep
wow

Antioch, TN

#8 Feb 11, 2012
When he came to town he brought in the Greene County Mafia ship. Then they started getting members that were the who’s who of Greeneville and the jobs stopped coming. He started buying buildings in downtown and downtown died. He started giving to schools that is as long as him name was on whatever he gave. Then it is left to the tax payers to keep up what he goes and his name. He was a pilot for a local company in Greeneville then in no time he was rich.Yea we should thank him for screwing up our town, Right
Downtowner

Brentwood, TN

#9 Feb 11, 2012
Baa... Baa... wait a minute while I get a cold glass of Kool Aid !... REALLY think you're out of your mind. Niswonger has given back more to this community that it deserves. I am of course disappointed not to see his dream of a vibrant downtown in G'ville BUT it would take lots more money than even he has to complete something that is nearly impossible under the conditions he has to work with. I think he should "by-pass" G'ville in his contributions and donate more to communities that would actually appreciate them... in other areas of the USA not just Tennessee. I still am confused by the first post that says when Niswonger makes money, the drug busts go up... help me out with that... explain that "CONCERNED". Oh and that Kool-Aid was tasty and I'm still alive and waiting to go to Church tomorrow...:-)
wow

Antioch, TN

#10 Feb 11, 2012
Downtowner wrote:
Baa... Baa... wait a minute while I get a cold glass of Kool Aid !... REALLY think you're out of your mind. Niswonger has given back more to this community that it deserves. I am of course disappointed not to see his dream of a vibrant downtown in G'ville BUT it would take lots more money than even he has to complete something that is nearly impossible under the conditions he has to work with. I think he should "by-pass" G'ville in his contributions and donate more to communities that would actually appreciate them... in other areas of the USA not just Tennessee. I still am confused by the first post that says when Niswonger makes money, the drug busts go up... help me out with that... explain that "CONCERNED". Oh and that Kool-Aid was tasty and I'm still alive and waiting to go to Church tomorrow...:-)
Must be pink Kool Aid you’re drinking. I wished he would get the hell out of Greeneville to and take his mafia bunch with him. Like I said he got rich fast, not to many ways to do that. Well legal anyway.
Rufus Ruffgut

Jonesborough, TN

#11 Feb 11, 2012
wow wrote:
When he came to town he brought in the Greene County Mafia ship. Then they started getting members that were the who’s who of Greeneville and the jobs stopped coming. He started buying buildings in downtown and downtown died. He started giving to schools that is as long as him name was on whatever he gave. Then it is left to the tax payers to keep up what he goes and his name. He was a pilot for a local company in Greeneville then in no time he was rich.Yea we should thank him for screwing up our town, Right
What have you done for Greeneville? By the way if you would pay to build me a house I'll put your name and even your picture on it.Snaggle tooth!
What

Elizabethton, TN

#13 Feb 11, 2012
he will help you if it benifits him in some way what about during the drought when we had to haul hay in here to feed our cows his trucking company was only a quarter mile from where they was hauling it to he never hauled not one bale while bush hog hauled several loads in. Meanwhile i paid 68 dollars a bale for it beacause i had to pay to get it hauled. you know what mr niswonger contribuded he let the big wheels on the city board us his rv to take a trip to go look at it. Nice vacation while i was struggling to keep my farm afoat
GetAClue

Elizabethton, TN

#14 Feb 11, 2012
Mr. Niswonger is a great person. He does so much for so many in this community. Most of the good things he does for people are never printed in the paper and his donations often go without recognition. That is the way he wants it in most cases.

If more of the rich people in this country were like him, then we'd be far better off. Instead, far too many rich people are greedy and do nothing to help others.

You people need to thank Mr. Niswonger, not try to spread lies about him.
Education

United States

#21 Feb 12, 2012
wow wrote:
<quoted text>Must be pink Kool Aid you’re drinking. I wished he would get the hell out of Greeneville to and take his mafia bunch with him. Like I said he got rich fast, not to many ways to do that. Well legal anyway.
Ignorant people in Greeneville that make statements like "he got rich fast", let me educate you. When someone invests their money while taking out loans and really puts their a$$ on the line, there is a chance they'll fall face first and there's a chance their risk and hard work will pay off and they will make tons of money. As for Niswonger, it was the later of the two. I realize it is too complex for you to realize how quick money can multiply when you are the founder and CEO for a successful company, so let me explain. Although Landair struggled in the early days, they found footing after a couple of years and it grew fast. Let's say for example they had $100 million in revenue and were operating with 10% margins (after all expenses were covered). Well, the company was private, so that money goes straight to Niswonger's bank account. That was at a time when you couldn't make a bad investment in the stock market, so he could have easily been seeing 20% returns on his money. Multiply that over 5 or 6 years and see what you come up with. Then the company went public and Niswonger was granted tons of stock and was the major shareholder. They split off Landair and Forward Air and although Landair didn't perform well, Forward Air was a rocket. I invested a few thousand in the early days and made out quite well. There were years he could have easily been making $20 million, if not more.

Continue to speculate and look like an idiot. Maybe if you would save your money and put your balls on the line, you too might be as successful as Niswonger. Of course, I am sure you're too busy blasting people on Topix to put forth enough effort to start up a company. Keep working you factory job and complaining about those who have busted their a$$ and become really successful. But beware, jealousy and hate will eat you alive if you're not careful. And I am sure Niswoner would never stoop to this level, but if I were him, I would pay to find out who you are and spend some of my hard earned money for someone to come cut your tongue out to teach you a lesson about running your mouth. If you wanted mafia, I would show you mafia.
Rufus Ruffgut

Jonesborough, TN

#22 Feb 12, 2012
To Education! That was very well said. My son had to go to the Niswonger Childrens Hospital in Johnson City. I would like to say his contribution and others have made this the nicest hospital you will ever be in. It helps the children get more relaxed because its not even like being in a hospital. It is super nice. Thanks to Mr. Niswonger and the others who contributed.
not sure

Fort Campbell, TN

#23 Feb 12, 2012
Concerned wrote:
I see that Niswonger is making millions of dollars. Every time he makes money the drug busts in Greeneville goes up.
that is silly
Funny

Murfreesboro, TN

#25 Feb 12, 2012
Education wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorant people in Greeneville that make statements like "he got rich fast", let me educate you. When someone invests their money while taking out loans and really puts their a$$ on the line, there is a chance they'll fall face first and there's a chance their risk and hard work will pay off and they will make tons of money. As for Niswonger, it was the later of the two. I realize it is too complex for you to realize how quick money can multiply when you are the founder and CEO for a successful company, so let me explain. Although Landair struggled in the early days, they found footing after a couple of years and it grew fast. Let's say for example they had $100 million in revenue and were operating with 10% margins (after all expenses were covered). Well, the company was private, so that money goes straight to Niswonger's bank account. That was at a time when you couldn't make a bad investment in the stock market, so he could have easily been seeing 20% returns on his money. Multiply that over 5 or 6 years and see what you come up with. Then the company went public and Niswonger was granted tons of stock and was the major shareholder. They split off Landair and Forward Air and although Landair didn't perform well, Forward Air was a rocket. I invested a few thousand in the early days and made out quite well. There were years he could have easily been making $20 million, if not more.
Continue to speculate and look like an idiot. Maybe if you would save your money and put your balls on the line, you too might be as successful as Niswonger. Of course, I am sure you're too busy blasting people on Topix to put forth enough effort to start up a company. Keep working you factory job and complaining about those who have busted their a$$ and become really successful. But beware, jealousy and hate will eat you alive if you're not careful. And I am sure Niswoner would never stoop to this level, but if I were him, I would pay to find out who you are and spend some of my hard earned money for someone to come cut your tongue out to teach you a lesson about running your mouth. If you wanted mafia, I would show you mafia.
There is no doubt that there are tons of stupid people here in Greeneville, as evidence by Topix in general and this post. Amazing that people who have never met the man and do not know him are hating simply because he's successful. If you know him and don't like him for personal issues, that'd be a different story, but as the posts illustrate, that's not the case with anyone on here bashing. Seems to be a common theme in today's society, anyone successful is hated. The more successful they are, the harder they've worked and the more money they have, the more hate there is for them. People are even hating Niswonger on here for giving away money!

As for his purchasing of all the buildings downtown, I think he had a good vision. Unfortunately, the economy tanked and now one person owning all the buildings is quite detrimental to development. Bottom line, his intent was good. As for Tusculum College, look at their tuition fees prior to Niswonger's infusion of money and look at tuition today. I would guess that it has doubled, if not more than doubled, far eclipsing standard inflationary increases. This is an issue with the college. In retro, I am sure that Niswonger would have placed some contractual limitations if given the chance, or at least I hope.
soo

Antioch, TN

#29 Feb 12, 2012
He was not the only founder; it was him and Ed Saylor that did. They were both pilots for Magnavox at the time. It was more like they had the money and Ed’s son had the smarts. And the company did grow fast. I always wondered why Ed sold out of a company that was growing so fast and making so much money. I was told by a family member that there were things going on that he didn’t want any part of. Have to say it makes a person wonder.
What

Elizabethton, TN

#30 Feb 12, 2012
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't need a handout from anybody? Really? You were just complaining that Scott didn't come to the rescue and haul your hay. As for the language, just trying to make a strong point and hopefully show you how stupid you sounded. I really don't care how old you are or how much you've worked, people like you need to be set straight. I don't care how much money someone has, they do not OWE you or anyone else anything.
Did you hear me say anything about him oweing me anything i didnt ask for nothing from him or anybody else i am just stating a point everbody talks about what great things he does for this town maybe for the town but in most working peoples mind not for them. And by the way you could use a few lessons on how to talk to people, Nobody wants to talk to someone who talks to people like that.
interested onlooker

Marion, VA

#31 Feb 12, 2012
If niswonger was so interested in Gville, he would be making a concentrated effort to help revitalize it. He has the money and resources to involve institutions such as Walters State and ETSU to study and recommend a plan. All those vacant buildings could be filled with small businesses if the owners were not so greedy and really wanted to rent out space at a reasonable rate to a small business.

I say bulldoze it all, turn it into a huge parking lot for the county and federal courthouse.
Rufus Ruffgut

Jonesborough, TN

#32 Feb 12, 2012
interested onlooker wrote:
If niswonger was so interested in Gville, he would be making a concentrated effort to help revitalize it. He has the money and resources to involve institutions such as Walters State and ETSU to study and recommend a plan. All those vacant buildings could be filled with small businesses if the owners were not so greedy and really wanted to rent out space at a reasonable rate to a small business.
I say bulldoze it all, turn it into a huge parking lot for the county and federal courthouse.
Don't think all the owners are greedy. There are plenty of buildings available for rent all over the county. Not a real good time to be opening a lot of small businesses. Think they would just lose all they invested.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2 found dead last night in greene county 4 min watch out 6
Breaking news! 25 min unreal 3
Vonda smith arrested for murder! 32 min Sandra 13
Trump's trips 32 min Trumpisdumb 16
A sad day for bible-waving conservative morons 49 min ur a joke 2
Ivanka Trump 50 min Lance Corporal Bubba 6
Fake Christians 53 min ur a joke 16
Park Overall is looking good these days 3 hr Dont care 37
SG moving to AA 5 hr Get Real 88
News for Poser Greene County Libs on Here 8 hr Lance Corporal Bubba 87