No Rural Internet Providers?

No Rural Internet Providers?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Danielle

Smartt, TN

#1 Oct 14, 2013
So I am in a pickle. I work from home online and I deal with a lot of data transfer.(pictures, videos, etc.) Currently I am using Verizon Wireless Mifi to get Internet where I live but of course Verizon has that wonderful data limit. I am constantly going over my limit and my bill is insane.

I am trying to find a high speed wireless Internet provider in my area.(South Greene)

Comcast is going to charge $4,000 to run cable from my neighbor's house to mine and Centurylink doesn't serve where I live. I know Hughes Net really isn't that great. I also found Mellenicom but they don't serve my address.

My Question: Who do you guys use in this rural area?
In the know

Greenville, SC

#2 Oct 14, 2013
Hughes net. I had Verizon satellite. (Real satellite not satellite dish) and just recently switched to Hughes net. I don't have much choice either until I move back into a town some day
Danielle

Smartt, TN

#3 Oct 14, 2013
In the know, do you like Hughes Net? I have heard awful things which is why it's not even a contender for me, but how has it been for you?

PlanetConnect is another option, however I may not be able to get it yet. Of course, I Googled it and "Topixed" it and found awful things about it as well.
Electric Ice

Johnson City, TN

#4 Oct 14, 2013
Direct TV

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big Jim and company?? 32 min Truth 4
NC Govenor Pat McCrory defeated! 1 hr Matthew McConaughey 38
Dr. Strange's gf. . . or ex "Karen" 3 hr who made who 3
Selfie Queens thread got deleated 4 hr Helper 5
Kohlrabi on Kohlrabi 5 hr OMG 29
declaration of survival 5 hr Poor Eric 64
Thanks for making us the laughingstock of the p... 5 hr Matthew McConaughey 41

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance