NumbNuts

Johnson City, TN

#1 Sep 1, 2012
Why does this coach only play Doak boys? He wouldn't loose as many games as he does if he would play some Chuckey kids to. These kids shouldn't be looked at being Pirates or Bull dogs.
just sayin

Church Hill, VA

#2 Sep 4, 2012
you know what....what sport is left for you guys to bash.....first it was cheerleading....all chuckey girls got picked....then its baseball....so last year....now basketball.....what's left....oh i know volleyball and football......do all doak kids play that tooo?
Maybe your kid should be cheerleaders.....at least they come from chuckey......stop bashing these kids and school for the whole world to see....have a litte respect. Your just trying to stir up trouble.
Tri-County Coach

Johnson City, TN

#3 Sep 4, 2012
I was told by another coach at my school that this was on here. I coach against Coach Arrowood. I am not comfortable with all the trash talk against him.

I know his season started out rough last year. He talked to several of the coaches in our league, ex-coaches, and other coaches he knows. He contemplated making changes just a couple of games into the season but said he was willing to give the older boys a shot. Looking back at the stat sheet, they had 56 turnovers against us with the 8th graders. 56 turnovers in 24 minutes isn't very good. They lost 9 or 10 games before he made the change, and they won the very next game.

They played Hampton, Johnson County, and Happy Valley close. They beat Hunter twice. They nearly beat Bluff City in the regional tournament and would have had a shot at the state after such a bad start.

He had some good 8th graders but they couldn't put it together. His 6th graders from that year will be a special bunch. Anyone who can't see that doesn't know basketball.

At our meeting we tried to name a couple of 6th graders to the All-Conference team but he laughed and said he didn't want the problems that might come with that.

I always liked talking to his assistant too. He has a lot of background in basketball and knows his stuff. I was talking to a parent at the summer camp. They said he wasn't helping anymore because of the crap stirred up last year.

I know it took guts to do what he did in making the change. It wasn't fair to the boys sitting the bench who were better but it is never easy to start 6th graders without crap. He showed he had the balls to do it. Unfortunately his principal showed he didn't have the balls to back up his coach. I have coached so long and know thats how it works. Administration is always too worried about making people happy than doing what is right.
once

Elizabethton, TN

#4 Sep 5, 2012
for once if the parents stayed out of . and i mean all of it i think things would be fine.
once

Elizabethton, TN

#5 Sep 5, 2012
old saying.. more you stir it the worst it stinks.
The Maintenance Man

Johnson City, TN

#6 Sep 10, 2012
What is up with all these threads about CDMS? Who runs this place?
IT IS WHAT IT IS

Gallatin, TN

#7 Oct 16, 2012
Tri COunty Coach- you have NO idea what you are talking about!!! There was an excellent group of 8th grade kids as well as very talented kids at CDMS....trouble was we have Chuckey and Doak that make up the middle school and are rivals throughout the first 5-6 years of their lives. Then suddenly they come to the middle school and are expected to play AS A TEAM....well, that would probably be possible if the coaches didn't continue to seprate this group--including the assistance coach who knows so much about basketball..You are right, he does know the sport, and coaching is in his family but there is MORE to coaching than simply teaching the sport at hand....it's about teaching self respect, sportsmanship, team work....you know---those life long skills that they will hopefully take with them AFTER middle school and high school...a good coach teaches lifelong skills....this one could not do that for his pride getting in the way. He coached those SPECIAL 6th graders for years and the families were all close, hanging out on weekends, taking vacations together,etc....so YEA----focus on YOUR school and let what happens here happen. HE is NOT NOT coaching this year ON HIS OWN WILL-no parent who has a child playing these sports is allowed to coach or assist anymore because they can't be objective and fair to ALL the kids who make the team, despite where they are from or who their parents are.....THANKS!
CDMS PARENT

Gallatin, TN

#8 Oct 16, 2012
PARENTS AMAZE ME!
Just me

Antioch, TN

#9 Oct 16, 2012
And me
asn

Abingdon, VA

#10 Oct 18, 2012
just sayin wrote:
you know what....what sport is left for you guys to bash.....first it was cheerleading....all chuckey girls got picked....then its baseball....so last year....now basketball.....what's left....oh i know volleyball and football......do all doak kids play that tooo?
Maybe your kid should be cheerleaders.....at least they come from chuckey......stop bashing these kids and school for the whole world to see....have a litte respect. Your just trying to stir up trouble.
You got that right-they need to get a life! Why is it always CDMS getting bashed on here? Sounds like someone has a grudge. If CDMS is so bad, why don't you take your kid elsewhere. I'm sure they wouldn't miss you and would even help your kid clean out his/her locker. Drop all this old news and maybe focus on something really important like academics. With all she has to do, that principal has to be so frustrated having to waste so much time dealing with this petty crap over & over. It's done--move on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
megan at advance auto on newport hyw 1 hr Mom 11
Trumps fake news 2 hr PSA 26
cassidy miller and haley miller 2 hr just a old friend 3
Cowards hit & RUN 3 hr ThReal Atticus Finch 31
New laws 3 hr ThReal Atticus Finch 11
New Water Park! Waste of Tax Dollars! 3 hr Atticus Finch 58
Liberalism is a mental disorder. 3 hr ThReal Atticus Finch 8
Who has the best shot to beat Hankins? 6 hr Yanked Cranker 23
Property Tax Increase 7 hr Tired of taxes 68
robin quillen leaves meeting 9 hr Bullying 39