hmmmmm

Bennettsville, SC

#1 Apr 10, 2013
Why is it students have dress code but not teachers? My daughter came home from school telling me what one of her teachers had on and i was disgusted. How can a teacher wear skirts too short especially if they are heavy? I have no problem with heavy people but learn to dress appropriately for your work.
disgusted

Greeneville, TN

#2 Apr 10, 2013
hmmmmm wrote:
Why is it students have dress code but not teachers? My daughter came home from school telling me what one of her teachers had on and i was disgusted. How can a teacher wear skirts too short especially if they are heavy? I have no problem with heavy people but learn to dress appropriately for your work.

Obviously you do have problems with heavy people if u mentioned that she was heavy!! Maybe she doesnt like the way she looks physically and dressed that way to make her self feel pretty;)) but i do agree about what teachers should wear at school...but nowadays kids see it everyday in public and especially these younger girls who wear next to nothing just because they can! So they are gonna see it either way
chunky mama

Columbus, NC

#3 Apr 10, 2013
disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you do have problems with heavy people if u mentioned that she was heavy!! Maybe she doesnt like the way she looks physically and dressed that way to make her self feel pretty;)) but i do agree about what teachers should wear at school...but nowadays kids see it everyday in public and especially these younger girls who wear next to nothing just because they can! So they are gonna see it either way
I am on the heavy side and i have always taught my kids to dress appropriately ...nobody wants to see big thighs in a short skirt..i would not expose myself that way and give people a chance to talk about me. Why not dress for your age, weight, and job.
Lol

Cowpens, SC

#4 Apr 11, 2013
I blame the stores here they don't sell nice neat clothes they are all for young people.
chunky mama

Bennettsville, SC

#5 Apr 12, 2013
Anybody can get clothes that doesnt make them look like they had to grease themselves down to get in it. I wouldnt be caught wearing stuff as trashy as i have seen some teachers wear. It is a disgrace. What does that show our young girls? Dress like a slut girls and you will be popular. No matter what size you are you should dress appropriately. Just makea you classy not trashy.
disgusted

Greeneville, TN

#6 Apr 12, 2013
I completely agree with you chunky mama! And i just wanna say that the younger generation dresses in such vulgar manner and they get away with it and everybody sees this and in my opinion just because your skinny does not mean you can show it off or wear things that makes you look like a slut...it makes me angry to know what kind of filth we live around! And my children have to grow up seeing such trash...bathing suits are one thing, but to wear see through clothes and short shorts that show all the goods are way out of bounds...no wonder men become like ravaging wolves towards these nasty people..they are showing all they have and for one reason only! Sex!!
hmmmm

Liberty, SC

#7 Apr 19, 2013
Well my daughter came home again telling me how gross her teachers dress was. She said her teacher bent over and it was a full moon. Others were in shock and sick from it. No teacher needs to have her butt cheeks showing
disgusted wrote:
I completely agree with you chunky mama! And i just wanna say that the younger generation dresses in such vulgar manner and they get away with it and everybody sees this and in my opinion just because your skinny does not mean you can show it off or wear things that makes you look like a slut...it makes me angry to know what kind of filth we live around! And my children have to grow up seeing such trash...bathing suits are one thing, but to wear see through clothes and short shorts that show all the goods are way out of bounds...no wonder men become like ravaging wolves towards these nasty people..they are showing all they have and for one reason only! Sex!!

“Falling down is how we grow. ”

Since: Apr 13

Staying down is how we die.

#8 Apr 21, 2013
So if the students could dress as the teachers, you would be happy? You sound like an awesome parent, or someone who hasn't put much thought into this subject. It is free school, the teachers get paid crap, and parents constantly complain. Just shuttap.

#9 Apr 21, 2013
Put some extra cash into your child. Some might even call that an "investment". Then you will see a difference in the faculty and standards.
seriously?

Indian Trail, NC

#10 Apr 21, 2013
Dugna Nex wrote:
So if the students could dress as the teachers, you would be happy? You sound like an awesome parent, or someone who hasn't put much thought into this subject. It is free school, the teachers get paid crap, and parents constantly complain. Just shuttap.
Since when is 40,000 a year to work 8 months a year crap?
again

Johnson City, TN

#11 Apr 22, 2013
[QUOTE who="seriously?"] <quoted text>
Since when is 40,000 a year to work 8 months a year crap?[/QUOTE]
Why don't you just stop with your whining. There are jobs that pay more for less and less for more than your teacher example. If you spent half the time improving yourself as you do complaining you could be making much more.
seriously?

Monroe, NC

#12 Apr 22, 2013
again wrote:
Since when is 40,000 a year to work 8 months a year crap?"

Why don't you just stop with your whining. There are jobs that pay more for less and less for more than your teacher example. If you spent half the time improving yourself as you do complaining you could be making much more.
I would like to see you name one job that pays more than 40,000 to work less than 8 months a year.
Two

United States

#13 Apr 22, 2013
I would like to see you name one job that pays more than 40,000 to work less than 8 months a year.
[/QUOTE]
You can work as a hairstylist 3-4 days per week and make around $80k per year. You can report what you want as income since most people pay with cash. No college degree is needed. You just go to beauty school.

Some nurses make even more than this working around the same number of days. But they have to report all of their income and most have at least a bachelor's degree.

#14 Apr 22, 2013
You aren't taking into consideration the type of work this is? What you deal with and the degree needed? Come on man, becoming a teach isn't a breeze and keeping your sanity from then on out isn't either.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Look through that, the second poster leaves very well written details about it. Don't hate, appreciate.
again

Johnson City, TN

#15 Apr 23, 2013
[/QUOTE]
There have been a few named, but how about crabbing or fishing in Alaska. Own a yard mowing service. I know business consultants that only work part of the year. Heck, how about congress. Ok , the last was kind if a joke, but I hope you get the point. Teachers are paid per their contract. People get so hung up on the length of the school year they do not realize what teachers do to earn their money. Teachers are only paid for when they work. Some choose to have it stretched over 12 months. They are NOT paid for the summer unless they teach summer school. I am soooooo tired of you few that constantly put teachers down. Walk in their shoes and then speak. Until then you can't complain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GAYS doing their thing and not to you why worry 3 min Republican StallT... 11
PISTORIUS gets off easy like our HAWK 9 min Daddies MOney 1
HASLAM the states not better off are you FACTS 14 min Think People 1
Harold Lamb anybody know him? 16 min Horsemaster 2
OBAMAcare sucks because it ain't free 19 min Single PayerPAINS 1
new sheriff says you are to old 20 min ohwell 46
OBAMA joins in PAIN meds restrictions with ROE 21 min Painful Controtions 1
lol west greene vs. greeneville 13 hr Not just me 17
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match