why

Jonesborough, TN

#191 Sep 21, 2012
OKAY wrote:
Reading these post makes me glad that I do not attend church anymore!
why would you let someone stand in the way of doing the right thing...when people act stupid in the workplace, do you refuse to go back? no. these kind of people get in the church. that does not mean that is what the church is like. God is still working and there are still people living for him. but rest assured Satan has his people out there too. don't let anyone cause you to go the wrong way. stand for God and live right! no excuses!
Beck

United States

#192 Sep 21, 2012
OKAY wrote:
Reading these post makes me glad that I do not attend church anymore!
Me too!! As a Christian you are suppose to be Christ like. There is nothing Christ like about any of this!!!
Beck

Greeneville, TN

#193 Sep 21, 2012
Just because your name is not on the membership list for an organized church, doesn't mean you are not doing the right thing or living the right way. To be a Child of God you have to repent your sins, pray, have a person realationship with God, and read your Bible to help you make through the evrerday life stuggles and learn to walk in Christ ways. You can praise God without being in a building or on a membership list. He said to worship me and fellowship. Have you took a day with your family and extended Christian family went for a walk and picnic in God wonderful landscape, song praises to him, prayed, read your Bible together and just Thanked him for you many blessing??? I think that is pour hearted fellowship and worship. Attending and being on the membership list of a church doesn't make me a Christian. My repenting of my sins,faith and Godly filled heart makes me a Christian!
OKAY

Franklin, TN

#195 Sep 21, 2012
I agree with you Beck 100%. And to you WHY, I have went to Church almost all my life I am a Christian, If you knew me you would agree I am one of the nicest people you could ever know! It was hard to leave and take my family out but I had to for our mental health. Alot of true Christians are leaving church now days not because the are backslidden it is because the church has become backslidden in these last days and they find it more peacefull being home worshipping God in truth, I wish it was not so but it is what it is
OKAY

Franklin, TN

#196 Sep 21, 2012
Oh I wanted to say my post has nothing to do with New Haven Church, I have never been there, My post was "The Church" in general al1 dominations.
ChristianGirl

Johnson City, TN

#198 Sep 21, 2012
Ollie or Rebecca wrote:
I am not sure if it is loud-mouth Ollie or her tub of lard granddaughter.
okay, Woah! it stops there... Becca is NOT a tub of lard.. she happens to be very beautiful and is such a sweetheart!
ChristianGirl

Johnson City, TN

#203 Sep 21, 2012
ChristianGirl wrote:
And Becca is too.

It's Ollie's personality, don't hate on her or that family .. They are some of the sweetest people. This is a bunch of nonsense from adults that honestly need to look around and say hey, is this something god wants us doing? I'm a teenager and looking at you adults like omg are they really arguing over something that seriously just needs to be prayed about or given to god?
ChristianGirl

Johnson City, TN

#204 Sep 21, 2012
ChristianGirl wrote:
But I will say this. We did lose those two Christian workers because they let Becca, their daughter, have control of the youth. I was in her crowd, so when it came to working on the parade float, I was invited while many others were not.

When it came to going to Dollywood, I was invited even though I didn't do a lot of work with the youth while others who attended the church service who were of youth age but didn't come out to the fellowship hall were not invited.

I love her though because she is a sweetheart to me.
Because trips that the youth took, was mainly a youth trip not the whole church .. I just wanted to make that clear.. But I'm getting off of this bc I feel as if I'm in highschool all over again.. So God Bless
Just Asking

Jonesborough, TN

#205 Sep 21, 2012
why wrote:
<quoted text>
why would you let someone stand in the way of doing the right thing...when people act stupid in the workplace, do you refuse to go back? no. these kind of people get in the church. that does not mean that is what the church is like. God is still working and there are still people living for him. but rest assured Satan has his people out there too. don't let anyone cause you to go the wrong way. stand for God and live right! no excuses!
Actually those kind of people are not in God's church. They may be in the church building, but only christian people are members of God's church.
ChristianGirl

Johnson City, TN

#206 Sep 21, 2012
ChristianGirl wrote:
<quoted text>Because trips that the youth took, was mainly a youth trip not the whole church .. I just wanted to make that clear.. But I'm getting off of this bc I feel as if I'm in highschool all over again.. So God Bless

And why are you using my name to reply back lol? You make it as if I am having a conversation with myself?
church member

Johnson City, TN

#207 Sep 22, 2012
Let's just pray that KW has figured out what the
communion table is for and wil not continue to sit on
it. It is so embarassing when he does you would think
he knows better.And also hope he learns how to control
his anger.
Hmm

Jonesborough, TN

#208 Sep 22, 2012
I would ask the ones that are complaining to come and visit where I attend, but in my many years of attending church, I have found that they probably won't be happy there either. I'm not saying things aren't happening, I don't know. Why stay at a church and complain? There are numerous church's in this county. Try another one. BE HAPPY!
Wondering

Pigeon Forge, TN

#209 Sep 22, 2012
What is the communion table for? Have you ever taken communion on it? I've rarely seen a communion table used for communion around here.
yep

Fort Campbell, TN

#210 Sep 24, 2012
saddened wrote:
Your sadly mistaken. If you don't go to church the one to blame is YOURSELF, moron!
Amen
ex co worker

Greeneville, TN

#211 Sep 24, 2012
church member wrote:
Let's just pray that KW has figured out what the
communion table is for and wil not continue to sit on
it. It is so embarassing when he does you would think
he knows better.And also hope he learns how to control
his anger.
It will be just like everything else that has went on in this church. All the older members will set around and complain but won't stand up to him and his un - Godly ways. This church is not Keith William's, it was built by God and the Members. If we don't like the things that is going on. Have a back bone and stand up and say it. Vote no if you don't agree, don't just set there! As for the board members that are talking and complaining you all are appointed to look out for the well being of God's church not Keith William's church. If this church is not being ran in a Godly way or you feel that Keith Williams is not acting in a Godly way. Then vote on him and put it front of the members of the church and stop just standing there complaining!!! Do what God has called you to do watch out for his church and God's people. If you don't then you are just as guilty as Keith Williams!
whatever

United States

#212 Sep 24, 2012
I think its time to get over it!
church member

Johnson City, TN

#213 Sep 24, 2012
Jeremy Harmon spoke at New Haven Church sun pm.boy he really told the members off and sat on the communion
table while he did . I bet KW is proud of him. I just
wondered what God thought of him .He even told the church members if he made them to hit the door. Jeremy
you did not represent your father well. Don't forget
how much God also.
whatever

United States

#214 Sep 24, 2012
Just leave em alone they well get whats coming
GOD help us all

United States

#215 Sep 25, 2012
I'am not a member of this Church. In fact, this is the first time I've ever heard of it, but I think it is so sad what is happening here, and all the negative comments being made. But, it's not just this Church that satan is trying to destroy, it's Churches all over the world. He knows his time is running short, and his number one goal is to tear down GOD'S people. The Bible speaks of a "great falling away" and the " love of many waxing cold" (not exact quotes) but I truly believe that we are living in the last days. Look at our Nation as a whole. The state of our economy. Crime and drugs have overtaken people. GOD is no longer allowed in our schools, judicial systems, and even some CHURCHES!! I'm sure there will be people who read this and laugh and call me crazy or a JESUS freak or whatever, but to all Christians, we need to be about our Father's business! Love one another! Spreading HIS word! Leading others to CHRIST! Because, I believe that soon we will hear that great trumpet sound and for those that have laughed and scoffed, it will be too late. My heart breaks for them. So if there is anyone who is lost, and you are reading this post, "It's. NOT too late!" All it takes is a simple prayer to ask JESUS for forgiveness of your sins, and to come into your heart, and to BELIEVE that HE died on the cross for your sins, but that he AROSE again, and is sitting at the right hand of the FATHER (GOD). Its that simple. I beg you, please, don't let a 30 second prayer keep you from eternal life!!
Visitor

Greeneville, TN

#216 Jan 29, 2013
It sickens me that people are saying such horrible things about a church!! Ive been there plenty of times and its nothing more than a house of worship for the good Lord above!! Shame on all of you who talked about a church and man of God for JUDGING, LYING, and JEAlOUSY!! Real Christians dont put anyone down for any reason and especially on a public display for everyone to see! Everyone is a sinner and its a Christians resposibility to repent and FORGIVE anyone who has because you do it too! Just as Jesus would! Love one another!! If you dont like it there than maybe you should go somewhere else instead letting the devil in YOUR life like your claiming its in others. Get yourself to Alter and fast is my suggestion!! Let God back in your life and apologize to God, Pastor Keith, and the Church for all the horrible things you said. I pray he shows mercy on all of you on Judgement day!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big Jim and company?? 32 min Truth 4
NC Govenor Pat McCrory defeated! 1 hr Matthew McConaughey 38
Dr. Strange's gf. . . or ex "Karen" 3 hr who made who 3
Selfie Queens thread got deleated 4 hr Helper 5
Kohlrabi on Kohlrabi 5 hr OMG 29
declaration of survival 5 hr Poor Eric 64
Thanks for making us the laughingstock of the p... 5 hr Matthew McConaughey 41

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance