Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#72 Aug 3, 2011
I am sure this pastor is happy all of the drama makers and gossips have left his church..who wouldn't be..look at how they are on here talking trash about people that they went to church with..I mean come on these people that are posting all this negative talk are trouble makers and fake religous people who are jealous and try to say they are christian..when they are not..they probably got mad and left the church because the pastor got tired of all the crap and told them to sit down and shut up and stop gossiping and causing trouble in the church...
sadder

Johnson City, TN

#73 Aug 3, 2011
OK. They preacher shouldn't feel happy about people leaving and say stuff like he does. He should have dealt with any issues he had by going to the people who were causing it. If someone came up with some stupid point system to get a way to go on a trip, that should have never been allowed. If people not involved with youth were asked specifically to go on youth trips but others were excluded there is a problem. If a woman decides to go wild and leave her husband to go party for a few weeks and then comes back, she should not come back to a teaching position with the little kids. If her mom then turns around and leaves her husband, there were apparently issues that show she shouldn't have been helping either. When people were just hanging out in a fellowship hall who didn't teach outh there or do anything there was a problem. Should they have not been in church instead? It wasn't a matchmaker service for recently divorced people to court. It was church. Noone should have mentioned the first two families names. I don't know that they did anything wrong except be in charge in the fellowship hall when this stuff was going on and not stop what was going on. The daughter did try and run everything and limit a lot of it to her group of friends, and maybe they should have stopped that. Sure the fellowship hall should not have just been cancelled without people knowing why. If there was a problem that should have been dealt with, not closing down a good program without explanation in hopes it would go away. Sure the preacher shouldn't have tried to find another way to get things done other than facing it straight on by going to those people individually, then with a group, and then in front of the whole church. When you don't do things the way the Bible says, you have problems. People out there were doing things that shouldn't have happened. None of them are still here. Everyone involved has to live with their decisions. Stop talking about all of this. You have had your say. Did you ever tell the people who weren't going to class or church that they should have gone where the were supposed to be? Did you ever tell the girl who went throught the wild phase and left her husband that she shouldn't be teaching? Did you ever tell people who weren't involved with the youth that there were opportunities to get involved and ask them to come on trips as well or did you just ask people you liked who were not involved to go? Did you ever tell the daughter who thought she ran everything and told other kids what to do that she wasn't in charge? Did you tell the recently divorced couple that the fellowship hall wasn't a matchmaking service? My guess is that you didn't say anything to them when you had a chance to make a difference before it all changed. Were you involved and part of doing the things that shouldn't have been happening?

If you didn't try to correct those problems while you were there, why are you so concerned all of a sudden?

As far as the talk of hate, the Bible says something about that. Look up 1 John 4:20, 1 John 2:9, and Matthew 5:44. To whoever it was that said they hate the pastor, I think you should reevaluate your relationship with Christ based on these. I am not judging. I want you to judge yourself. Also, if you were on fire for God but find yourself in this situation now, you need to figure out the problem. God didn't move. You did. I also think someone said they don't go to church and maybe that they are not a Christian. Maybe I am wrong, but I think that was said. If so, that means you believed there was a Hell and now it doesn't matter and you don't now. I find that hard to believe too.
sadder

Johnson City, TN

#74 Aug 3, 2011
Also, does it make you feel better to mention names and try to tear down other people? If you had those problems with the people you mentioned, you should have gone to them first. I doubt you did.
weird

Johnson City, TN

#75 Aug 3, 2011
sad wrote:
What kind of person says the church is a better place since certain ppl left? Oh yeah, the kind who sits under a preacher who applauds the fact that he's losing ppl from his congregation and says he's glad they left. A sheperd is supposed to go lookig for that 1 little lost lamb....but he's lost more than half of his flock. And its better now? I guess that's why the attendance keeps dropping, there are just a handful of youth, and the fellowship hall is being closed. Yeah, i'd say you're doing MUCH better. And if you're going to be so bold to name someone else's name on here, and run their reputation in the ground...atleast don't be a coward and put you name.
Just because you aren't there doesn't mean half the flock left. About 90% of the problems and troublemakers left, but not half the flock. And the fellowship hall is still open...they just had a great bible school and church is on tonight as usual.
Dumb

Johnson City, TN

#77 Aug 3, 2011
Dumb
sad

Brevard, NC

#78 Aug 3, 2011
Who said I'm not there anymore? I don't think anyone's name should be dragged thru the mud here. And to Sadder...I do know for a fact that these ppl standing around were asked to go to class and didn't. They are adults, so what do you do when they don't do as you were told to ask them to do? I think the leaders done the best they could do, given the situation. I also think that there were issues between two different groups and one group decided to feel left out. As far as I know, everyone was encouraged to work to enjoy the benefits the youth group offered other than growing in God. And yes, it shouldn't have just been stopped....the issues should've been resolved before insinuating the youth weren't good enough for an explanation as to why the youth was being shut down. The back-peddling came later to try to fix the damage that was already caused. I am so heartbroken that all this went on. It's a shame that worldly thoughts and feelings messed up something so positive.
ohhhhhh

Johnson City, TN

#79 Aug 3, 2011
sad wrote:
Who said I'm not there anymore? I don't think anyone's name should be dragged thru the mud here. And to Sadder...I do know for a fact that these ppl standing around were asked to go to class and didn't. They are adults, so what do you do when they don't do as you were told to ask them to do? I think the leaders done the best they could do, given the situation. I also think that there were issues between two different groups and one group decided to feel left out. As far as I know, everyone was encouraged to work to enjoy the benefits the youth group offered other than growing in God. And yes, it shouldn't have just been stopped....the issues should've been resolved before insinuating the youth weren't good enough for an explanation as to why the youth was being shut down. The back-peddling came later to try to fix the damage that was already caused. I am so heartbroken that all this went on. It's a shame that worldly thoughts and feelings messed up something so positive.
Were you the same "sad" that posted about the church not doing good and fellowship hall closing? If so, you obviously don't still go there...because that simply is not the truth.
oveRboArdTread

Kinston, NC

#80 Aug 4, 2011
Come on people this thread has went overboard with all the name calling and calling out people by name. I will be the first to tell you I don't see eye to eye with Keith Williams and have different views then he does, but I handled it the way the Bible tells you to not post it on topix and bash his name. I went to him and discussed it in private. So please if you have a issue with the people that you are calling out by name be the better person. Pray that God will give you the right words and temperment and go to these people and talk to them like the Bible tells you too. You may or may not come to seeing eye to eye. if not forgive them (even if they are not willing to you) and move forward for the sake of your Spiritual life. Remember we will all stand one day and answer to God for our faults and wrong doing. I am sure you want your judgement left between you and God and don't want people judging you on topix for you faults and wrong doing, so don't judge and condemn them. Leave that between them and God. Like I said none of use are prefect so lets all try to be more Christ like and stop this crazy stuff and handle it like the Bible tells us. And practice other instruction the Bible gives us on how to be Christ like. Love they enemy and love one another.
a new church

Elizabethton, TN

#81 Aug 4, 2011
This sounds like the church we used to go to(but it isnt). We went to this church for over 25 years. Our children grew up in the church. Then we got a new preacher and some people from out of town. The preacher went goo goo over this new woman and one of the other women who was a member of the church. Now the preacher has to ask the two women before he can do anything. He wants only their opinion no one else but theirs. The church is small so the congregation sits back and let these two women run the church because they are afraid to say anything to the board of elders or key members of the church. There has been about 15 members left the church recently and I heard if they didnt get people in the church they would have to shut the doors. The funniest thing is the preachers two star women talk about him behind his back and how trashy his daughters dress. Another thing is these two women let you know if you dont have money you dont belong in their circle. Wake up people...your money cant buy you a place in Heaven.
Anonymous

Murfreesboro, TN

#82 Aug 4, 2011
there was a group of people who thought they ran the church and had Keith williams under their spell (which they did for a while)but he fianally caught one of his prominent members who took over being the treasure of the church with their hand in the cookie jar stealing funds from the church..when he confronted her of course she denied it...she also has told so many lies on people that it is hard to beleive she still claims to be a perfect christian..which by the way where she has judged so many people it is coming back to bite her in the butt..the preacher got tired of all this clan and thier hen parties at the fellowship hall..that is why he as the Pastor stood up and put those big mouth women in thier place.. I have known keith williams for years and I knew it was a matter of time before he would stop it. He has his faults but he is a good man and I don't blame him for telling them..
Factforsure youre stupid

Kinston, NC

#83 Aug 4, 2011
factforsure wrote:
there was a group of people who thought they ran the church and had Keith williams under their spell (which they did for a while)but he fianally caught one of his prominent members who took over being the treasure of the church with their hand in the cookie jar stealing funds from the church..when he confronted her of course she denied it...she also has told so many lies on people that it is hard to beleive she still claims to be a perfect christian..which by the way where she has judged so many people it is coming back to bite her in the butt..the preacher got tired of all this clan and thier hen parties at the fellowship hall..that is why he as the Pastor stood up and put those big mouth women in thier place.. I have known keith williams for years and I knew it was a matter of time before he would stop it. He has his faults but he is a good man and I don't blame him for telling them..
Hey "Factforsure" do you know how stupid this makes up look?? Churches are tax exempt and they have to keep good financial records and has to be checked by CPA and a yr end report done every yr. If this is true then why was there no criminal charges places or something brought up in front on your church congregation???? Could be because the books must have matched up. Remember when you are pointing your finger you have three pointing right back at you. And you will stand in front of God and answer for you actions just like everyone else that you are on here talking about.
factforsureyours tupidest

Murfreesboro, TN

#84 Aug 4, 2011
Factforsure youre stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey "Factforsure" do you know how stupid this makes up look?? Churches are tax exempt and they have to keep good financial records and has to be checked by CPA and a yr end report done every yr. If this is true then why was there no criminal charges places or something brought up in front on your church congregation???? Could be because the books must have matched up. Remember when you are pointing your finger you have three pointing right back at you. And you will stand in front of God and answer for you actions just like everyone else that you are on here talking about.
do you not know that the treasure counts the money before it ever goes in the book...do you think the ushers count it as they take it up and also the whole clan was in the room togther as the money was counted..so there stupid..don't you see it is a clan and all clan members stick together..ooooo
factforsureyours tupidest

Murfreesboro, TN

#85 Aug 4, 2011
and also this room was the gossip room to talk about people and run fellow church members down,,hmmmm
Factforsure youre stupid

Kinston, NC

#86 Aug 4, 2011
factforsureyourstupidest wrote:
and also this room was the gossip room to talk about people and run fellow church members down,,hmmmm
The ushers usually do count the money or there is appointed board members that counts it and signs off on paper and all that information is logged and recorded before the treasure ever touches it. If the church business is being ran correctly. If it was not handled this way then that is the Pastor and Boards faults because they are suppose to be overseers of the church business. Before you go running your mouth about something you know nothing about go to the church and ask for documentation before you make stupid statements like this. As for the gossip you may be right I don't know because I have never attended that church. But you are on topix putting people down for gossiping but what do you call what you are doing? Gossiping and Slandering
peace

Murfreesboro, TN

#87 Aug 4, 2011
Looking wrote:
I just moved to the area, and I am looking for a church. I was invited to New Haven. Anybody know anything about it? What denomenation is it? Is it good?
Hello I am sorry that you got on this stupid site and thought you could get some helpful information..sorry but this is the wrong site. Please let me encourge you to not pay any attention to all this junk that all these suppose to be christians are saying about new haven. Yes no church is perfect but let me assure you most of the problematic people have left this church. Let me say, Pastor keith Williams is a good man who loves the Lord. He may have done some things I didn't agree with but he was a christian about it and made things right with the people that would have a open heart and half a brain. Just know christians are not suppose to act like this. I am sure Jesus is looking down and say what is wrong with my people. They have forgotten the basics of the bible. To love one another and not sow discord. I am sorry on behalf of all true Christians that our status as christians has been defiled by all the gossiping ungodly people. Please don't think all church people are like this. we are not. Jesus told us to love each other. I know for a fact if you by chance give new haven a chance Keith will be sooo happy you did.. God Bless and God Bless all you poor unhappy souls who get on here and talk this trash..
simple

United States

#88 Aug 4, 2011
peace wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello I am sorry that you got on this stupid site and thought you could get some helpful information..sorry but this is the wrong site. Please let me encourge you to not pay any attention to all this junk that all these suppose to be christians are saying about new haven. Yes no church is perfect but let me assure you most of the problematic people have left this church. Let me say, Pastor keith Williams is a good man who loves the Lord. He may have done some things I didn't agree with but he was a christian about it and made things right with the people that would have a open heart and half a brain. Just know christians are not suppose to act like this. I am sure Jesus is looking down and say what is wrong with my people. They have forgotten the basics of the bible. To love one another and not sow discord. I am sorry on behalf of all true Christians that our status as christians has been defiled by all the gossiping ungodly people. Please don't think all church people are like this. we are not. Jesus told us to love each other. I know for a fact if you by chance give new haven a chance Keith will be sooo happy you did.. God Bless and God Bless all you poor unhappy souls who get on here and talk this trash..
No one knows how someone else has treated another person unless they were in their shoes. Keith is a man just like any other with faults just like any other and no he didn't ever try to talk to me one way or another even when I was face to face with him. So I believe it is reasonable to say that when the Bible says all have sinned and come short of the glory of God this means simply that everyone has. No one is better than anyone else, so before you say he made it right to anyone with an open heart and half a brain, then you are categorized with the people you are apologizing for because Christians don't insult others or judge them. They pray for them.
In THE church

United States

#89 Aug 4, 2011
When I was young, I went to a church that was a good church. I was done wrong by a board member behind my back. At that time I was not born again. I was hurt by the hypocritical actions of this person and therefore I left the church and did not attend except sporadically for twenty years. I could not get past the hurt and anger that I felt at such a young age toward the church and felt that all "church people" were hypocrites. Why should I go to church? I live just as good as they do I thought. Well to make a long story short, I went to New Haven after being invited there by a friend. For the first time in twenty years, I actually enjoyed going to church and listening to the preacher. I got born again! Keith Williams is a fine preacher that has been anointed by God to preach His holy Word. The Spirit moves in this church! We had a service Sunday night that only be described as being Spirit filled and led. Three young men got saved. A young girl poured out her heart to God on the altar. We had a congregational prayer gathering at the front of the church and some fine Spirit filled singing. Thank God for churches like New Haven and for pastors like Keith Williams. I look forward to going to church every chance I get now. There is nothing like being fed with the Holy Spirit and the Word of God every time you step through the church doors! The fellowship with other Christians edifies me and the Word feeds me. When you see young men being saved and the children pouring their heart out to God it just lifts up your heart! I can't wait for Sunday! God be with us all and to God be the glory! 2 Thessalonians 3:16 Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.
a new church

Elizabethton, TN

#90 Aug 5, 2011
What about the churches that dont feel the Holy Spirit. What about the preacher that gives a sermon about a memeber of his family that had a jewelry party and not one person from the church came after the family member spent her money on invitations and stamps and food etc....We listened to that sermon for 30 minutes putting the women of the congregation down for not attending the party. What kind of preacher gets in front of the congregation and does this???? He made all of us feel this little. Can you imagine listening to this for 30 minutes while he preached on how he (not his family member) was disgusted by the women not for showing up. He went on and on how much she spent..now how would you like to listen to a sermon like that? OH Yes it really did happen!!!!
OneUpsetGirl

Sharon, SC

#91 Aug 5, 2011
factforsure wrote:
Hey retard, it isn't a 'hen' party! Yubshould have been over there instead of assuming . The people at the fellowship hall had a wonderful bond and he broke it to peices.
sinner

Murfreesboro, TN

#92 Aug 5, 2011
boy oh boy..if people do not forgive their brother how can Christ forgive them..I for one am a sinner and this post about this church is one of the many reason I don't go..you people are putting the word Christian to an open shame..no wonder people don't want to go to church..I do have one question for everyone of you that has been posting all this trash..HOW ARE YOU ALL GOING TO GET ALONG IN HEAVEN??? my understanding of reading all these post almost all of you think your a christian..Just a sinner asking a question to all you fine religious folk

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How can we get a new steakhouse in town? (Jun '14) 29 min Thinkaboutit 11
Rio Odie (Scottie Greene) 53 min wicked moon 39
Males today are WIMPS!!!! 2 hr Dr Wu 13
Gas tax increase 2 hr Dr Wu 14
aaron eatmon (Jul '14) 2 hr church 9
***** last post wins ***** (Oct '14) 2 hr Princess Hey 2,910
Stevey brotherton 3 hr Black 1 9
Best looking girls at NG, from years past. (Jan '11) 16 hr Samiam 39
Deleted when the truth comes out :) Tue Angl 38

Greeneville Jobs