First Prev
of 10
Next Last
blessed

United States

#2 Jan 10, 2011
Looking wrote:
I just moved to the area, and I am looking for a church. I was invited to New Haven. Anybody know anything about it? What denomenation is it? Is it good?
It is non denominational, it is a very wonderful, warm, loving, friendly, good preaching and singing. Defenitly give it a try.

I have been to several churches, but Newhaven is now my home church.
wondering mind

United States

#3 Jan 10, 2011
blessed wrote:
<quoted text>
It is non denominational, it is a very wonderful, warm, loving, friendly, good preaching and singing. Defenitly give it a try.
I have been to several churches, but Newhaven is now my home church.
why would you have to go to several different churches? shouldnt they all believe the same thing?
Looking

Johnson City, TN

#4 Jan 10, 2011
Non-denomenational? What do they believe? What type of Bible do they use? What do they believe on the Trinity? Are they Armenien or Calvinist? What do they believe on freewill or predestenation? Eternal security? Are they amillennial, premillennial, postmillennial, or preterist? Do they believe Isreal is Gods chosen people or are they replaced?
fallingstar

Julian, NC

#5 Jan 10, 2011
New Haven is a great church. Don't get advice from this site thou. Some are just idiots that post on here w negative outlooks on life. Go visit and develop your own opinion. They believe jesus christ is the way. The pastor is awesome. I respect the person that invited u.
blessed

United States

#6 Jan 10, 2011
wondering mind wrote:
<quoted text> why would you have to go to several different churches? shouldnt they all believe the same thing?
Because i have been invited to several different churches over the years, and no, they all do not all believe the same thing. thats why there are so many different denominations. BUT there is only ONE true church. GODS CHURCH!

Ye MUST be born again, to be a member of THE church.

GOD BLESS
wondering mind

United States

#7 Jan 11, 2011
blessed wrote:
<quoted text>
Because i have been invited to several different churches over the years, and no, they all do not all believe the same thing. thats why there are so many different denominations. BUT there is only ONE true church. GODS CHURCH!
Ye MUST be born again, to be a member of THE church.
GOD BLESS
why wouldnt you go to that church instead of new haven if its the only true one?
wondering mind

Johnson City, TN

#8 Jan 11, 2011
?
Madness

Greenville, NC

#9 Jan 28, 2011
Wesley

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 Jan 28, 2011
Used to attend, very inviting, loving, and truthful. I say go!
casey

Johnson City, TN

#16 Jul 22, 2011
Wesley wrote:
Used to attend, very inviting, loving, and truthful. I say go!
USED TO.. you must have not been there when he allowed satan to control his life and not god!
smart girl :)

Johnson City, TN

#17 Jul 23, 2011
SHOULD HAVE LISTENED wrote:
Maybe he should have listed when JT stood up and said the devil is in this church. Boy did she hit the nail on the head. The devil is in Keith Williams life and the people that worship him and places him up on high and they are letting the devil helping control the church.
Haha i know exactly who this is & I agree haha . Love yu auntie :)
EXPERIENCED

Smyrna, TN

#18 Jul 23, 2011
I would not attend this church for nothing, I know quite a few people that attend this church and when they see you out in public, two faced hypocrits, and some claim to be family too, SHOOT if this is a CHRISTIAN church, then satan him self is going to Heaven. Just this past week I bumped into a SO CALLED FAMILY MEMBER and SHE looked me right in the eye and walked right on by, I would hate to see how they truly treat a sinner if they were to walk in this church. If this is Christian like then I sure don't need to be a Christian to make it to heaven, two faced, hypocritical bunch. Claim to love God while walking by a family member and looking the other way SHIT who needs them.
EXPERIENCED

Johnson City, TN

#19 Jul 24, 2011
What is going on there?
reality check

Rock Hill, SC

#20 Jul 25, 2011
First off, who do these people think they are to give advice? Who are they to "say" things such as this about a pastor or church? Keith Williams was the pastor the night my dad gave his heart to God! If you want an honest opinion about Newhaven then go and develop your own. That way you can be satisfied with the choice you make. The lack of respect such as this is why the worlds in the shape its in. The pastor leads the congregation. If you don't respect him then maybe you should place yourself elsewhere and not try to detour his intentions, that's my opinion! God bless and best wishes!
Pastor Keith William

Knoxville, TN

#21 Jul 25, 2011
Whoever says that Pastor Keith is the Devil "Lord, forgive them because they don't know what they are talking about" The one that left "they" just got upset on the pastor because they couldn't do what they wanted to do you can't please everyone and that's the truth they just got mad and now they are running around and say bad things about him which is not the truth. I've been going to New Haven for more than 5 years now and i don't have anything bad to say about the pastor. He is FAIR - I guess, to those that putting the pastor down that used to go on that church in the first place you are not really a TRUE Christian otherwise you will not be going around and talking nonesense to a pastor that you used to believe in or respected. SHAME on you!!!
New Haven is a good church, pls don't listen to these negative comments I invite you to see for yourself and try it out.
Ben There

United States

#22 Jul 25, 2011
reality check wrote:
First off, who do these people think they are to give advice? Who are they to "say" things such as this about a pastor or church? Keith Williams was the pastor the night my dad gave his heart to God! If you want an honest opinion about Newhaven then go and develop your own. That way you can be satisfied with the choice you make. The lack of respect such as this is why the worlds in the shape its in. The pastor leads the congregation. If you don't respect him then maybe you should place yourself elsewhere and not try to detour his intentions, that's my opinion! God bless and best wishes!
Good advice.

Detractors of Keith Williams are possessed by jealousy. Simple as that.
emilia

Elizabethton, TN

#23 Jul 25, 2011
What is happening to all of these churches? There is another one not far from New Haven that is having a problem. Its not that the preacher is bad or anything like that its just he lets these two women in the church tell him what to do. There has been over 35 people leave that church. The funniest thing is though that these two women whom the preacher admires so much haha! talks about him, his wife, daughter and grandchildren behind his back.The preachers wife is finally opening her eyes and knows she is between a rock and a hard place when it comes to supporting her husband and knowing the way he feels about these two women. Sad isnt it. These two women are liars, believe me there has been several of us who has found out the hard way. Oh well....your money wont get you to Heaven will it?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#24 Jul 25, 2011
It is perfectly fine to question the church and/or the pastor if you feel there is something wrong going on. How many people would still be alive if they had not followed blindly the supposed christian teachings of David Koresh, Jim Jones, Charles Manson and a host of others? God lives in your heart not a building run by other humans. Go to any church and you will find the pastor giving their" god given" interpretation of a part of scripture, and you will find as many interpretations as pastors.
Gimme A Break

United States

#25 Jul 25, 2011
Mosheim Country Girl wrote:
It is perfectly fine to question the church and/or the pastor if you feel there is something wrong going on. How many people would still be alive if they had not followed blindly the supposed christian teachings of David Koresh, Jim Jones, Charles Manson and a host of others? God lives in your heart not a building run by other humans. Go to any church and you will find the pastor giving their" god given" interpretation of a part of scripture, and you will find as many interpretations as pastors.
So it's "perfectly fine" to question a person's integrity on Topix, anonymously? I call BS and don't you begin to assume that any preacher in Greene County even slightly resembles Jim Jones, etc.

Concerns, problems, and issues should be taken directly to your Pastor. Only cowards and those who enjoy sowing discord talk behind their pastor's back.

Regarding Keith Williams: He'd be the first to admit that he is not perfect. Shame on those too gutless to speak to him personally.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#26 Jul 25, 2011
Gimme A Break wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's "perfectly fine" to question a person's integrity on Topix, anonymously? I call BS and don't you begin to assume that any preacher in Greene County even slightly resembles Jim Jones, etc.
Concerns, problems, and issues should be taken directly to your Pastor. Only cowards and those who enjoy sowing discord talk behind their pastor's back.
Regarding Keith Williams: He'd be the first to admit that he is not perfect. Shame on those too gutless to speak to him personally.
I was not referring to the specific comments about any one individual. My comment was that you should not just follow blindly. It IS o.k. to question the pastor and/or the church. I agree that it should be done in private though. Just as any other business or organization if you do not get satisfaction at the 1st level you go to take it up the chain of command.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 7 min Garthok 152,533
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 18 min enlightened 9,483
The Facts on USN per Walter F. Roche Jr. report... 20 min skippy 1
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 29 min Jennifer Renee 4,578
Cory Mathes 30 min The Girl of His D... 1
whorin around 36 min BEARS FAN 16
Nikki Lohrman 39 min Benny 5
Cindy Bowman (Jan '11) 2 hr kirks mess 146
get rid of Robert Sayne 7 hr gc resident 36
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match

Greeneville Jobs

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville