your future x wife

Bulls Gap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

No, no I do not. Blockbuster Video was entirely too expensive! I remain true to Popcorn Video.(-8
gutsandbutts

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

No
Whatever

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Yeah, miss paying $7 for a late fee.
no one

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Whatever wrote:
Yeah, miss paying $7 for a late fee.
THey stopped late fees years ago. At most, you could bring your movie back a month late and only pay 1.25 restocking fee. And yes, they were overpriced, but the people were great!

“I've Always Been This Stupid”

Since: May 12

Greeneville TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

no one wrote:
<quoted text>
THey stopped late fees years ago. At most, you could bring your movie back a month late and only pay 1.25 restocking fee. And yes, they were overpriced, but the people were great!
I walked in one day and asked if they had UHF, the classic weird al flick. The girl looked at me and said "No honey we phased them out a long time ago. We only stock DVDs now." I explained that I wasn't asking for VHS tapes but for a movie called UHF. They didn't have it and she said they couldn't order it unless I wanted to buy it. Popcorn didn't have it but offered to order it to put on the shelf. I told him not to worry about it and he offered to call a couple stores in JC to see if they had it. That is the difference between a chain and a small local store. I don't miss Blockbuster one bit.

“Why So Serious...”

Since: Dec 12

Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Pretend 2 B Normal wrote:
<quoted text>
I walked in one day and asked if they had UHF, the classic weird al flick. The girl looked at me and said "No honey we phased them out a long time ago. We only stock DVDs now." I explained that I wasn't asking for VHS tapes but for a movie called UHF. They didn't have it and she said they couldn't order it unless I wanted to buy it. Popcorn didn't have it but offered to order it to put on the shelf. I told him not to worry about it and he offered to call a couple stores in JC to see if they had it. That is the difference between a chain and a small local store. I don't miss Blockbuster one bit.
My love for you grows deeper every post... The answer to my next question will be the clincher... Have you watched "Cabin Boy"...
Hey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

On my last trip to Blockbuster prior to their closing, I dropped in to rent a complete TV series and it was close to $20! I didn't question it, but moved along and used it as a lesson as to why I never went to Blockbuster and why that was my last visit. I could have purchased the series for the same price or hit Popcorn and rented the same series for a buck a disc for a week. There is a reason Blockbuster failed. There is also a reason Popcorn continues to thrive. Shouldn't be hard to figure out...

And on a side note, I have friends in the Tri-Cities and they envy that Greeneville had such an awesome video store, because even though the three cities in the Tri are larger, they don't have a local store like Popcorn!

Greeneville TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

whothehellcares- wrote:
<quoted text>
My love for you grows deeper every post... The answer to my next question will be the clincher... Have you watched "Cabin Boy"...
I have not. I realize that I may have doomed our relationship but I had to be honest. Oh, I'm also a centaur.

Clover, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

<quoted text>
I have not. I realize that I may have doomed our relationship but I had to be honest. Oh, I'm also a centaur.
Me thinks y'all need to go rent a room & "Brokeback Mountain". Lol ;)
no one

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

<quoted text>
You must have asked the wrong person. I used to work there, and the employees who were there for a while would have called around. We did have some idiots there, though.
no one

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Nita Mann wrote:
<quoted text>
Me thinks y'all need to go rent a room & "Brokeback Mountain". Lol ;)
I love you, Phillip Morris is better ;)
Whatever

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

no one wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I'm sorry. Calling it a restocking fee means it's no longer a late fee. My mistake. The only reason they stopped charging enormous fees, is they were trying to save their store. They waited way to late.
whothehellcares

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

<quoted text>
That's ok, it was a long shot. I think only about 10 people saw that movie... I'm a reverse centaur...
Video

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

I've always tried to rent all my videos at Popcorn. I'll rent new releases there, and I really like their deal with older movies where you can get 5 movies for 7 days for $5.

However, if you don't get them back, the late fees are ridiculous. If you are a day late, you get charged $5. Yep, that's what they cost for the entire week, but they will charge you that for 1 day if they aren't back by that seventh day.

Because of this, I've decided enough of trying to support this local business. I've been renting new releases there when I could have been renting them from REDBOX for almost half the price that Popcorn Video charges. As far as the old movies go, Netflix would be cheaper.

I don't mind paying the late fee for newer movies, and fully understand why they would charge you full price, since they need the new releases in stock. However, charging that exhorbitant late fee for 10 year old movies is silly.

“Why So Serious...”

Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

If you are nice to them they either waive the late fee or cut it in half...
Hey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Video wrote:
I've always tried to rent all my videos at Popcorn. I'll rent new releases there, and I really like their deal with older movies where you can get 5 movies for 7 days for $5.
However, if you don't get them back, the late fees are ridiculous. If you are a day late, you get charged $5. Yep, that's what they cost for the entire week, but they will charge you that for 1 day if they aren't back by that seventh day.
Because of this, I've decided enough of trying to support this local business. I've been renting new releases there when I could have been renting them from REDBOX for almost half the price that Popcorn Video charges. As far as the old movies go, Netflix would be cheaper.
I don't mind paying the late fee for newer movies, and fully understand why they would charge you full price, since they need the new releases in stock. However, charging that exhorbitant late fee for 10 year old movies is silly.
They rent 5 movies for 7 days for $5 and you're complaining because you can't return them in a week? Really? If your movies are late with Redbox, they automatically charge your card. I would rather support a locally owned video store as toss my money in a Redbox machine only to see another local business go under and a new addition to the empty buildings in this town.

Greeneville TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

whothehellcares wrote:
<quoted text>
That's ok, it was a long shot. I think only about 10 people saw that movie... I'm a reverse centaur...
Damn, I was setting up a joke and you stole it. I was gonna say that I have a horse head and front hooves but am human from the waist down. I bow to you for beating me to it.

Greeneville TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Video wrote:
They are charging you a dollar per movie for the late fee. You have five movies so the late fee is for all of them. Nobody wants to pay for their mistakes anymore. "I realize that I agreed to bring it back in 5 days but I kept it for 6 and you couldn't rent it for that extra day so you lost potential sales but you're a jerk for making me pay a whole dollar a movie for my mistake." Grow up and take it back on time or pay your late fee.

Since: Oct 12

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Cabin Boy always cheers me up on a bad day.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

112 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 5 min REO 8,963
Betsy Bowman gone... 9 min Old Guy 1
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 23 min ORIGINAL WILLARD 141,158
Summer Street 28 min seay 31
PROTECT Haslam Billions PILOT/FLYING J 36 min vote Haslam saveTHE money 32
PURGE THE JUDGES supreme court level 41 min On our side WHY 7
HASLAM EBT card in ever low wage pot 44 min There u go UNION up 6
Eddie Overholt arrest question 1 hr Gunslinger 36
Lost respect for GPD 1 hr Gunslinger 62
Greeneville: 4 main reasons that people refuse ... 3 hr NOjobs GOP 44
•••
•••
•••
Greeneville Dating

more search filters