ProtectAndServe

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

I think they might be something to all the talk now that we get rain for days and then snow plus extremely hot summers
Worthington

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

I've never understood the "skepticism" about global warming. I think "myth perpetuated by far right commentators" is a better phrase than "skepticism", as there is absolutely no doubt in the mainstream scientific community that global climate change is occurring.

We know that CO2 in atmosphere causes changes in the earth's climate. We know that one output of burning fossil fuels is CO2. We know that the amount of CO2 in the earth's atmosphere is increasing by a larger percentage than at any time in history. We know that each passing year is the "hottest year on record". We know that more droughts are happening globally each year. We know that we're having unusual superstorms in increasing frequency.

Yet while the rest of the world and the majority of Americans believe climate change is real and present, significant portion of Americans (And it's only Americans. No other advanced nation in the world believes otherwise.) believe this crap perpetuated by Rush Limbaugh, Fox News, and a few dumbass Republicans in Congress that climate change is either a huge liberal hoax, a theory, or that it's just a "natural" process that occurs throughout history.

Personally, I think it's too late to do anything meaningful about it. We've made our bed and now it's time to lie in it. Sometimes I wonder if our ultimate extinction is the real "end of days" prophecy the Bible was talking about. God cannot be happy with how humanity disregarded and polluted the Earth He made for us.
BIBLE

Old Hickory, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Ya its going to get worse . Its all in the book of Revelation . It tells us what is going to take place.
bozo palace

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Weather is constantly changing - deal with it.
youareanidiot

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Not too many years ago libratards were warning us of the next ice age. Don't take my word for it...look it up. As for the science, there is a lot of science that calls bull@#$% on global warming. Now, does the climate change? Absolutely, I don't think anyone would argue against that fact. The argument is over what causes climate change. It is cyclical and most likely has a variety of factors causing it including sun spots. To think that humans are causing these CYCLES is absurd. The libs and repukes want power. How do get power? Convince your people that they must do what you say to "fill in the blank." In this case, save the planet
Hey

Liberty, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Worthington wrote:
I've never understood the "skepticism" about global warming. I think "myth perpetuated by far right commentators" is a better phrase than "skepticism", as there is absolutely no doubt in the mainstream scientific community that global climate change is occurring.
We know that CO2 in atmosphere causes changes in the earth's climate. We know that one output of burning fossil fuels is CO2. We know that the amount of CO2 in the earth's atmosphere is increasing by a larger percentage than at any time in history. We know that each passing year is the "hottest year on record". We know that more droughts are happening globally each year. We know that we're having unusual superstorms in increasing frequency.
Yet while the rest of the world and the majority of Americans believe climate change is real and present, significant portion of Americans (And it's only Americans. No other advanced nation in the world believes otherwise.) believe this crap perpetuated by Rush Limbaugh, Fox News, and a few dumbass Republicans in Congress that climate change is either a huge liberal hoax, a theory, or that it's just a "natural" process that occurs throughout history.
Personally, I think it's too late to do anything meaningful about it. We've made our bed and now it's time to lie in it. Sometimes I wonder if our ultimate extinction is the real "end of days" prophecy the Bible was talking about. God cannot be happy with how humanity disregarded and polluted the Earth He made for us.
I will try to keep this as brief as possible. The earth has always experienced heating and cooling trends. In the 1970's, people we dreaming out fearing another ice age. We now have a group of people who are dead set on proving global warming is caused by humans. The leading researchers on global warming have been caught intentionally hiding flawed data. Read 'Climategate'. I have read several books on the matter and that's the most comprehensive and easy to read.
Burdock

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

youareanidiot wrote:
Not too many years ago libratards were warning us of the next ice age. Don't take my word for it...look it up. As for the science, there is a lot of science that calls bull@#$% on global warming. Now, does the climate change? Absolutely, I don't think anyone would argue against that fact. The argument is over what causes climate change. It is cyclical and most likely has a variety of factors causing it including sun spots. To think that humans are causing these CYCLES is absurd. The libs and repukes want power. How do get power? Convince your people that they must do what you say to "fill in the blank." In this case, save the planet
All one needs to do is google "April 8,1977 Time Magazine cover...How to survive the coming ice age." They picture an arctic scene with a penguin.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

106 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Hella cray cray up in har... 6 min Se7en187 4
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 11 min Vet 123,826
Greene County Mayor's Race 16 min disagree 85
A Great Big Fck You 56 min Se7en187 105
Biggest pill heads 56 min GHS grad 9
SUMMERS TAYLOR for road superintendant 1 hr dingleberry 20
Tenured teacher fired? (Jun '12) 1 hr well 59
Greene County Clerk Race 3 hr harrieta 108
I love this forum because?????? 3 hr harrieta 220
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs