GPD Lt. Pat Hankins To Run For Sheriff

GPD Lt. Pat Hankins To Run For Sheriff

There are 62 comments on the The Greenville Sun story from Oct 17, 2013, titled GPD Lt. Pat Hankins To Run For Sheriff. In it, The Greenville Sun reports that:

Greeneville Police Department Detective Lt. Pat Hankins has announced his candidacy for sheriff in 2014.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Greenville Sun.

lesson learned

Greeneville, TN

#45 Nov 21, 2013
Everybody just watch what steve burns does afew months before election time. He will go out an make 3 or 4 drug raids to make people think he is doin his job. Just think about what he has done before the 3 years pryor his election run. Do you think he is doin this to get you to vote for him again? I have never voted for him an never will, I don't care which party a person is in. He who makes the most promises is a liar an only helps themselves. Two terms is enough for any job. Those jobs in the government is for the people not the ones in office they are suppose to listen to us an not do as they want to. "WE THE PEOPLE BY THE PEOPLE" they use there office for there personal use,if I owned a business here in town they would not get a discount they are no better than us we pay full price they should to! One last thing- " why does the criminals have more rights than we do?" Put them all on a chaingang bustin rocks an cleanin roads up- an no air conditioners an color tv- sheriff joe of Arizona needs to be here.
Need to try this

Johnson City, TN

#46 May 17, 2014
independent wrote:
<quoted text> What a dumbazz. No wonder we have the problems in government that we do, its because of STUPID beliefs like this. Political parties are ruining us.
what happened to thinking for yourself and making up your own mind about a politician- you need a skinny crazy woman like Ann Coulter to tell you what to do-wise up man!
Need to try this

Johnson City, TN

#47 May 17, 2014
Timothy wrote:
If Hitler was a Republican and Jesus was a Democrat who would you vote for? Always for the Republican, no matter what?
YES THEY WOULD VOTE FOR HITLER! that's what has happened to the Republicans here-they cannot vote for anything unless it has a Republican stamp on it- can we say stupid!!!! just keep digging a hole deeper with every election-they deserve more Steve Burns! when you don't know enough to change things -then live with what you got!
Need to try this

Johnson City, TN

#48 May 17, 2014
Truth wrote:
He is a democrat and that speaks volumes about his intelligence, or lack thereof...
why do you have so much hatred in your heart toward others-does everyone have to be exactly like you or sign up as a Republican to have value-what makes you so special and why do you think you are always right? I am a Republican and I am embarrassed by your ignorant comments-it is hatred and anger like yours that is making people hate our party-please grow up and stop!
yard signs

Macon, GA

#49 May 17, 2014
Hankins is spending a lot of time and money for nothing. Burns will easily win again.
Brian

Calhoun, TN

#50 May 17, 2014
Need to try this wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you have so much hatred in your heart toward others-does everyone have to be exactly like you or sign up as a Republican to have value-what makes you so special and why do you think you are always right? I am a Republican and I am embarrassed by your ignorant comments-it is hatred and anger like yours that is making people hate our party-please grow up and stop!
I agree with those who wouldn't vote for Hankins because he is a Democrat. Democrats are on the wrong side of so many issues: abortion, trying to shove gay marriage down our throat, battling Christianity while embracing every other religion, always looking to expand the size of government and increase taxes, etc. That is their platform. Anyone who agrees with the party shows that they have a stance on the many issues that I disagree with. For me, I am not a Republican either, because I disagree with them much of the time as well, but they do not have core platform stances that I fundamentally object.
So sad man

United States

#51 May 18, 2014
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with those who wouldn't vote for Hankins because he is a Democrat. Democrats are on the wrong side of so many issues: abortion, trying to shove gay marriage down our throat, battling Christianity while embracing every other religion, always looking to expand the size of government and increase taxes, etc. That is their platform. Anyone who agrees with the party shows that they have a stance on the many issues that I disagree with. For me, I am not a Republican either, because I disagree with them much of the time as well, but they do not have core platform stances that I fundamentally object.
It is so sad to hear a person so narrow minded in their vision that you would paint a person with this partisan paint brush you are using. Pat is a conservative Democrat if I ever saw one and he is a man with honor and integrity. I have true respect for this guy. Learn about the person running not the party crap!!
Parties and politics are killing this country- in the beginning they were know as the Democratic Republicans anyway... FYI
four more years

Greeneville, TN

#52 May 18, 2014
The only way Hankins would get elected Sheriff is if Burns drops dead between now and election time. Even then though he'd get beaten by Danny Greene.
Real Deal

United States

#53 May 18, 2014
four more years wrote:
The only way Hankins would get elected Sheriff is if Burns drops dead between now and election time. Even then though he'd get beaten by Danny Greene.
I guess you don't get how this election stuff works- wishing death on someone seems a bit extreme but at the poll on Election Day dead last will be the correct place for the current High Sheriff.
Wanting better better better
PAT HANKINS
For
Sheriff
Nancy

Calhoun, TN

#54 May 18, 2014
So sad man wrote:
<quoted text>
It is so sad to hear a person so narrow minded in their vision that you would paint a person with this partisan paint brush you are using. Pat is a conservative Democrat if I ever saw one and he is a man with honor and integrity. I have true respect for this guy. Learn about the person running not the party crap!!
Parties and politics are killing this country- in the beginning they were know as the Democratic Republicans anyway... FYI
I disagree. Every American should look to what made this country great, which is adherence to the Constitution, limited government (particularly at the federal level) and personal freedom. It is as simple as that, yet 95% of Americans have drifted from that. As for Democrats, everyone should oppose them, as they are the antithesis of those three principles. I too could never support a candidate who identifies himself/herself as a Democrat. And what is a conservative Democrat? Would that be the same as a beautiful deadly hurricane?
steve again

Boardman, OR

#55 May 18, 2014
Your reading comprehension skills suck. I don't see this poster wanting Sheriff Burns dead but just making a point Hankins has a snowballs chance in hell of winning the election.
gerald

United States

#56 May 18, 2014
steve again wrote:
Your reading comprehension skills suck. I don't see this poster wanting Sheriff Burns dead but just making a point Hankins has a snowballs chance in hell of winning the election.
. Wow. I'm impressed that you can tell the future.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#57 May 18, 2014
Hankins has my vote for the simple fact of someone new. We need term limits.
CONCERNEDGCCITIZ EN

Johnson City, TN

#58 May 19, 2014
Rufus Ruffgut wrote:
<quoted text>
First let me start by saying. I have nothing against Steve Burns or Pat Hankins. I went to school with Pat. He was and still is a class guy. I also think Steve does a great job. As far as the party system goes. I would be embarrassed to call myself a republican or democrat. Now that I got that out of the way. The reason I replied to this post is your comment on women preachers. Religion is spiritual. A soul has no color or gender. I leave you with this verse. Galations 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Religion is spiritual. But, the verse you stated is speaking about when a soul is in heaven.
Not, while they are here on earth. Because in heaven we will all be the same.
Now as far as ""Women preachers"" Women is not called to preach God's word.
1Timothy 3:1- This is a true saying, if a "man" desire the office of a bishop he desireth a good work. This is from the King James Version 1611. It doesn't say any thing about a
Woman being a Bishop. A Bishop, is a preacher and overseer.
I am a woman and I don't believe in a woman preacher. I have been in church many years
and have studied the word and heard many old time men of God teach the word.
Oh my Mary

United States

#59 May 21, 2014
CONCERNEDGCCITIZEN wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is spiritual. But, the verse you stated is speaking about when a soul is in heaven.
Not, while they are here on earth. Because in heaven we will all be the same.
Now as far as ""Women preachers"" Women is not called to preach God's word.
1Timothy 3:1- This is a true saying, if a "man" desire the office of a bishop he desireth a good work. This is from the King James Version 1611. It doesn't say any thing about a
Woman being a Bishop. A Bishop, is a preacher and overseer.
I am a woman and I don't believe in a woman preacher. I have been in church many years
and have studied the word and heard many old time men of God teach the word.
You are very scary and I will pray for you.
I wonder if you getting onhere to share with us your views would be sort of like preaching- I think so oops I think you did.
Wondering

United States

#60 May 23, 2014
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. Every American should look to what made this country great, which is adherence to the Constitution, limited government (particularly at the federal level) and personal freedom. It is as simple as that, yet 95% of Americans have drifted from that. As for Democrats, everyone should oppose them, as they are the antithesis of those three principles. I too could never support a candidate who identifies himself/herself as a Democrat. And what is a conservative Democrat? Would that be the same as a beautiful deadly hurricane?
Nancy your writing style and choice of verbiage sounds a lot like an over educated know it all with big ideas and little follow through.

Holding any one person to a political standard of a group is like saying all green trees are pine- in this great country we choose our moral compass direction and if people are going to judge us - which they should not- it should be based on how we live our lives.
You are a political zealot and the conservative sides of both parties want nothing to do with you. Take your crazy voice and go cry to the Pailen's of this world!!!
Just sayingl

United States

#61 May 28, 2014
yard signs wrote:
Hankins is spending a lot of time and money for nothing. Burns will easily win again.
Ain't going to be easy at all. The time Hankins is spending and all the effort he is putting in is just the beginning of a big change across this county. Pat Hankins can win this thing and from what I am seeing and hearing- Steve Burns should be very worried. People we are sick of all this heavy handed crap and it is time for the king to be no more. That is an elected position. We need term limits for this job- no man should take it as a career.
really

Greenback, TN

#62 May 28, 2014
Just sayingl wrote:
<quoted text>Ain't going to be easy at all. The time Hankins is spending and all the effort he is putting in is just the beginning of a big change across this county. Pat Hankins can win this thing and from what I am seeing and hearing- Steve Burns should be very worried. People we are sick of all this heavy handed crap and it is time for the king to be no more. That is an elected position. We need term limits for this job- no man should take it as a career.
Amen!!!
Doubt that

United States

#64 Jun 12, 2014
yard signs wrote:
Yello yello every where!!
Someone looks scared!!
Should be-
Simply said

Greenville, SC

#65 Jun 12, 2014
It really seems this election has someone worried he is putting up a lot of signs in weird places may have to get him to help on the farm when he gets beat got fence to build

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lowe's poor customer service... 2 min Service 4
New chicks at Walmart dc (Jul '15) 15 min Howls 6
Comey out 19 min unreal 107
Old perverted men 39 min Rim Wanter 26
What's GVDC gonna turn into ? 1 hr Yodi 12
Outsourcing? 1 hr OMG 38
Every ben to a hipnoptits? (Oct '16) 1 hr Shemp Sharpe 9

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance