GPD Lt. Pat Hankins To Run For Sheriff

GPD Lt. Pat Hankins To Run For Sheriff

There are 62 comments on the The Greenville Sun story from Oct 17, 2013, titled GPD Lt. Pat Hankins To Run For Sheriff. In it, The Greenville Sun reports that:

Greeneville Police Department Detective Lt. Pat Hankins has announced his candidacy for sheriff in 2014.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Greenville Sun.

Tracker

Johnson City, TN

#24 Oct 18, 2013
I don't care republican or Democrat, there needs to be a clean slate from Greeneville, Greene County, to the White House.

They all promise just what we want to hear, then, when they get in there, they don't stand up to their promises.

We need all new. Then, if they don't do a good job, we need to put them out.

If, we will come together and all, do this and stick with it, they, will know, we are tired, of the way things,are being done and are not, going to stand for it, any longer.

No one person,can do everything and are not,going to be perfect, but, they are people, that, can do a lot better.

We, sure don't need, to let them, here, in Greeneville - Green County, to raise the term limits. We, need to flood, all, the public meeting.
Keep up, with what is going on.

More things need to be placed on the ballot to vote on, also, instead of letting them, tell us, what they are going to do.

If the commissioners, was doing there job, the county water dept. probably, wouldn't be in the shape, it's in now.

We have sit back and sit back. We need to come together, for the better of out County, State, and Country.
jesco

Bristol, TN

#25 Oct 19, 2013
Term limits for ALL is the answer...that would help control the nepotism and cronyism.
Voter

Greeneville, TN

#26 Oct 19, 2013
I would be highly unlikely to vote for him since he is running as a Democrat. I sort of hate to even bring this up, because I think a lot of people will disagree but it is also hard for me to vote for a man whose pastor is a woman. I don't agree with women preachers and this just says too much about a man to me.
larry

United States

#27 Oct 19, 2013
Voter wrote:
I would be highly unlikely to vote for him since he is running as a Democrat. I sort of hate to even bring this up, because I think a lot of people will disagree but it is also hard for me to vote for a man whose pastor is a woman. I don't agree with women preachers and this just says too much about a man to me.
Wow! He goes to church. Is very active in church, and you throw off on the pastor. Please re-think your position. You sound very shallow.

“Read all about it!”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#28 Oct 19, 2013
larry wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! He goes to church. Is very active in church, and you throw off on the pastor. Please re-think your position. You sound very shallow.
No he doesn't. He's giving his opinion which is valid on here. I don't agree with women preachers either. Whether I would have that as an impediment to me voting for some one, I don't know. I'd have to think about that. Probably not though. But, he has a right to his opinion, and believe me, with the stupid ignorant jackasses that voted for Obama, his point makes just as much sense.
vol

Asia/Pacific Region

#29 Oct 19, 2013
What other races are contested?
kim

Marion, NC

#30 Oct 19, 2013
Victim wrote:
<quoted text>Im voting Burns because Hankins did absolutely nothing to arrest the pill-billies that robbed us of $10,000 even though we had eye-witnesses of who did it. One of the meth-heads was even in the county jail for another robbery not long after robbing us and "Detective" Hankins didnt even bother to interview him ! I guess he was too busy getting his campaign together. He's not getting my vote for anything !!
have u seen the Greene county crime rate lately? You might want to rethink your vote. 15 + years as sheriff is too long for anyone. Just saying
Vote as well

Greeneville, TN

#31 Oct 19, 2013
Voter wrote:
I donít like Steve Burns and wonít vote for him, but I am not going to vote for a Democrat. Our problem is that we have Republicans who behave like Democrats. Making a change and putting a Democrat in to act like a Democrat is not going to be any better.
I am left to wonder why political party matters in this race. Look at the facts. Yes, crime is going up, and a large part of it is related to drug addiction and drug activity. So, as a general rule, people in a Republican state like TN, will send politicians to Nashville, to get tough on crime with more new laws. Yet, the very same people (mostly Republican) back in a county like Greene, will not pay the taxes necessary to build a jail to house all these folks who could be arrested under all these laws. The mockery starts there. Then,take Burns as an example, and you have seen this, he arrests 10, 20, 30 at a time (he could do this once a week if he wanted) then, they all go in front of a Judge, who knows there is no jail space to house them (99% get out on bail anyway and sit on bail for months at a time, most committing more crime while they wait) but eventually, a Judge will just sort them out (sending the unlucky examples to jail) releasing the rest, and move the ball down the road. The legal justice system is no place to deal with addicts. Not to mention Prohibition did not work with alcohol and it is not working with drugs. The term Felony has become a joke and arrest for Perjury is nonexistent. The system is broken, and so your selection for Sheriff basically comes down to a feel good proposition; that is, unless there is proof a Sheriff is a crook as well.
Really

Charlotte, NC

#32 Oct 19, 2013
FriendofDog wrote:
<quoted text>
No he doesn't. He's giving his opinion which is valid on here. I don't agree with women preachers either. Whether I would have that as an impediment to me voting for some one, I don't know. I'd have to think about that. Probably not though. But, he has a right to his opinion, and believe me, with the stupid ignorant jackasses that voted for Obama, his point makes just as much sense.
I don't agree with women posters. How about you? If you can't believe a woman preacher, how can you believe a woman poster?

“Read all about it!”

Location hidden

#33 Oct 19, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree with women posters. How about you? If you can't believe a woman preacher, how can you believe a woman poster?
What's wrong with you?
larry

United States

#34 Oct 19, 2013
Vote as well wrote:
<quoted text> I am left to wonder why political party matters in this race. Look at the facts. Yes, crime is going up, and a large part of it is related to drug addiction and drug activity. So, as a general rule, people in a Republican state like TN, will send politicians to Nashville, to get tough on crime with more new laws. Yet, the very same people (mostly Republican) back in a county like Greene, will not pay the taxes necessary to build a jail to house all these folks who could be arrested under all these laws. The mockery starts there. Then,take Burns as an example, and you have seen this, he arrests 10, 20, 30 at a time (he could do this once a week if he wanted) then, they all go in front of a Judge, who knows there is no jail space to house them (99% get out on bail anyway and sit on bail for months at a time, most committing more crime while they wait) but eventually, a Judge will just sort them out (sending the unlucky examples to jail) releasing the rest, and move the ball down the road. The legal justice system is no place to deal with addicts. Not to mention Prohibition did not work with alcohol and it is not working with drugs. The term Felony has become a joke and arrest for Perjury is nonexistent. The system is broken, and so your selection for Sheriff basically comes down to a feel good proposition; that is, unless there is proof a Sheriff is a crook as well.
Non-prosecution of perjury burns my a$$. The system isn't broken - it doesn't even exist,
jealous one

Greeneville, TN

#35 Oct 19, 2013
pat has my vote....he is a very good man as for burns he has ruined his name in this town enough. we support you pat all the way....
Former coworker

Greeneville, TN

#36 Oct 19, 2013
PAT HANKINS has my vote! He is a man of his word! He will not be corrupted.
Rufus Ruffgut

Johnson City, TN

#37 Oct 20, 2013
FriendofDog wrote:
<quoted text>
First let me start by saying. I have nothing against Steve Burns or Pat Hankins. I went to school with Pat. He was and still is a class guy. I also think Steve does a great job. As far as the party system goes. I would be embarrassed to call myself a republican or democrat. Now that I got that out of the way. The reason I replied to this post is your comment on women preachers. Religion is spiritual. A soul has no color or gender. I leave you with this verse. Galations 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

“Read all about it!”

Location hidden

#38 Oct 20, 2013
Rufus Ruffgut wrote:
<quoted text>
First let me start by saying. I have nothing against Steve Burns or Pat Hankins. I went to school with Pat. He was and still is a class guy. I also think Steve does a great job. As far as the party system goes. I would be embarrassed to call myself a republican or democrat. Now that I got that out of the way. The reason I replied to this post is your comment on women preachers. Religion is spiritual. A soul has no color or gender. I leave you with this verse. Galations 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
And I respect your views although I was taught differently.
Phantom Rebel

United States

#39 Oct 20, 2013
If you knew how Hankins worked you wouldn't vote for him. Political parties aside, Pat Hankins has no business being Sheriff of any county, he is narrow minded and bias. He needs to just retire and let everyone be. I know I will work against him as much as possible wthout any slander toward him. Truth will get you faster than any slander.
Bruno

Greeneville, TN

#40 Oct 23, 2013
How in hell can Steve Burns be re-elected since you ignorant asses have had him being prosecuted and locked up in prison for the past 3 years???? Ha, ha.ha... Get a clue..[and get a life]
tigger

Rutherfordton, NC

#41 Nov 8, 2013
Phantom Rebel wrote:
If you knew how Hankins worked you wouldn't vote for him. Political parties aside, Pat Hankins has no business being Sheriff of any county, he is narrow minded and bias. He needs to just retire and let everyone be. I know I will work against him as much as possible wthout any slander toward him. Truth will get you faster than any slander.
I would have to disagree with u I have known pat for 16 years and he is a very nice and fair guy
Truth

Greeneville, TN

#43 Nov 8, 2013
He is a democrat and that speaks volumes about his intelligence, or lack thereof...
SpareTHErod

Jonesborough, TN

#44 Nov 9, 2013
New blood less expensive jail building . I think this is what Greene county needs . What do you think its your taxes being spent some say wasted ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best place to get windows tinted 3 min Voice Of Reason 25
Stock market rages on! 6 min MaxFax ThunderGnome 16
Wherefore Art Thou, Spunkonmytummy? 12 min MaxFax ThunderGnome 26
He got what he signed up for 23 min really 55
Same old dumb sh#t on Topix. Boring!!!!! 30 min My God youre dumb 7
Trumptards that still believe in Trump the chump 56 min Trumpisreallytranny 58
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 1 hr -Papa-Smurf- 11,228
Body found 9 hr MaxFax ThunderGnome 26

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages