MrsW

Johnson City, TN

#1 Aug 13, 2011
What has happend to Dr.Patel's office? My husband has been a patient there for over a year and until about 2-3 months ago our wait may have been 30 minutes but now its been over an hour. Also the girl that is at the window now is very rude and you talking about gossip you can sit there and hear about everyone. I also found ou that the office mgr has no degree in medical or buisness and she runs the office. I've tried talking to her before about insurance now I know why she is so stupid. I've heard the way she got that job was while she was his secretary she slept with him,hmmmm funny how that works. Well all I know is that we are in the process of finding a new doctor. Its ashame that a great doctor has such a poor staff.
interesting

United States

#2 Aug 13, 2011
Have you personally told dr patel how you feel? Is your husband taking chemo there? There has been many changes in the last few months as you can tell. I wish you would speak with dr patel prior to changing doctors! Although, I know it stinks having to wait for long periods to see him. Most patients seeing him have cancer. Surely you want him to spend more than 5 minutes with those patients! I imagine u want him to spend longer with your husband. If you feel you must change doctors, I pray. The new doc is as caring, understanding, as knowledgeable as dr patel. Best of luck
cufa

Kingston Springs, TN

#3 Aug 13, 2011
Dr Patel has treated me and two of my family members. He is very caring not to mention intelligent. He sought second opinion at Vandy and they said his care was as good as theirs. As a final note Dr Patel is a devout family man and do not start rumours that he is unfaithful to his wife. I happen to know that is malicious gossip. Keep doing a great job Dr Patel and thank you for all you do for the Greeneville community

“Just me.......”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#4 Aug 13, 2011
Dr Patel has been treating my mother for three years now. He is her favorite doctor. He is the one who treats you. Not his office staff. I agree with interesting. Voice your concerns to Dr Patel before you make the decision to change doctors. He is a brilliant doctor.
hazardous driver

Bluff City, TN

#5 Aug 13, 2011
Dr. Patel is wonderful. My husband has never been comfortable around doctors, but would follow Dr. Patel anywhere. I have always said that if a family member was stricken with a terrible illness I'd never seek treatment in Greeneville, but I changed my mind after consulting with Dr. Patel. I'm sorry that the original poster has had bad experiences with support staff, but maybe they should check out some of the alternatives to Patel's office. My husband originally started seeing Patel when he was in an officed with Dr. Senn and it was not unusual to see a completely different staff from one visit to the next. Blood draws were terrible because the person taking blood was almost always new to the job and not properly trained. Also, waiting an hour at Dr. Senn's office used to be a MINIMUM when he was the only oncology office in town. I ceratainly can't fault the original poster for going eleswhere if they are unhappy, but please understand that the grass is not always greener on the other side.
cufa

Kingston Springs, TN

#6 Aug 13, 2011
hazardous driver wrote:
Dr. Patel is wonderful. My husband has never been comfortable around doctors, but would follow Dr. Patel anywhere. I have always said that if a family member was stricken with a terrible illness I'd never seek treatment in Greeneville, but I changed my mind after consulting with Dr. Patel. I'm sorry that the original poster has had bad experiences with support staff, but maybe they should check out some of the alternatives to Patel's office. My husband originally started seeing Patel when he was in an officed with Dr. Senn and it was not unusual to see a completely different staff from one visit to the next. Blood draws were terrible because the person taking blood was almost always new to the job and not properly trained. Also, waiting an hour at Dr. Senn's office used to be a MINIMUM when he was the only oncology office in town. I ceratainly can't fault the original poster for going eleswhere if they are unhappy, but please understand that the grass is not always greener on the other side.
Both doctors are incredibly smart and caring and work well with patients and other doctors. You are absolutely correct cancer care is excellent in Greeneville and in case you do not know the cancer services are accredited with commendation by the american college of surgeons which is a prestigeous document given to few centers based on all around superb quality of care. How many citizens in the community know this? Don't forget Dr Boys and his wonderful department. I could not have received better care ANYWHERE. How blessed we are to have this level of care in Greeneville

“Just me.......”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#7 Aug 13, 2011
cufa wrote:
<quoted text>Both doctors are incredibly smart and caring and work well with patients and other doctors. You are absolutely correct cancer care is excellent in Greeneville and in case you do not know the cancer services are accredited with commendation by the american college of surgeons which is a prestigeous document given to few centers based on all around superb quality of care. How many citizens in the community know this? Don't forget Dr Boys and his wonderful department. I could not have received better care ANYWHERE. How blessed we are to have this level of care in Greeneville
Is Dr Boys the radiation doctor? If so, yes he is also a wonderful doctor.I don't want to leave anyone out who is involved in the treatment process. Thank you for reminding me of him.
MrsW

United States

#8 Aug 13, 2011
No no I'm not saying he is a bad doctor far from it. The front office staff has changed in the past few months and they seem to not care. I found out that the office mgr has no medical training or buisness training. How can you put a person like this over medical personel. I just don't trust a medical office run this way not anymore now.
Tammy

United States

#9 Aug 13, 2011
MrsW wrote:
No no I'm not saying he is a bad doctor far from it. The front office staff has changed in the past few months and they seem to not care. I found out that the office mgr has no medical training or buisness training. How can you put a person like this over medical personel. I just don't trust a medical office run this way not anymore now.
Ok, I called a friend of mine who is can for Patel. I asked her if she has seen this she has and she said it is true. The woman over the office was a secretary and was put into office mgr position without any medical degree training or buisness degree. I'm like you how can you let a person like this run a medical office. It should be a RN run the office.
Tammy

United States

#10 Aug 13, 2011
CNA
x worker

Smyrna, TN

#11 Aug 15, 2011
dr. patel is a money hungry joke. he has cheated on his wife with several people. including his PA. HE GAVE MY FATHER CHEMO MOST UNCARING DOCTOR WE HAVE EVER DELT WITH. as far as his staff they are rejects from doctor sen's office. his fat office mgr. also worked there and with him in bulls gap.
cufa

Kingston Springs, TN

#12 Aug 15, 2011
x worker wrote:
dr. patel is a money hungry joke. he has cheated on his wife with several people. including his PA. HE GAVE MY FATHER CHEMO MOST UNCARING DOCTOR WE HAVE EVER DELT WITH. as far as his staff they are rejects from doctor sen's office. his fat office mgr. also worked there and with him in bulls gap.
Talk about sour grapes. The only problem is the mouths of the employees bouncing between offices and all the gossip. Take care of the patients after all they cannot help their condition all need your undivided attention
Care matters

United States

#13 Aug 15, 2011
My husband sees Dr Patel, and so far has been pleased with the care he has recieved. I never judge someone feeling like they need to change doctors. If you are not comfortable, find somewhere that you are. As far as having a degree to be a office manager, I do not agree with that. True experience with staff, numbers, customer service, etc, is what makes a good manager, not a piece of paper. We have a wonderful RN where I work, but she would be the first to tell you that she would not be right in the managers job. Allot more to it than knowing medicine. It takes both clinical and administrative staff for a doctors office to work right. I do hate that the original poster is unhappy, but I would talk to Dr Patel before leaving. Thanks for listening.
voice

Smyrna, TN

#14 Aug 16, 2011
he took care of my father. who died. he had lung cancer. he was great untill my dad did not want any more chemo. i guess since he could not make any more money off him he was done. told us to seek other ways to deal with the pain.
info

United States

#15 Aug 17, 2011
Was your father put on hospice? If so the hospice company is suppose to take over pain management.
voice wrote:
he took care of my father. who died. he had lung cancer. he was great untill my dad did not want any more chemo. i guess since he could not make any more money off him he was done. told us to seek other ways to deal with the pain.
get a life

Johnson City, TN

#16 Aug 17, 2011
Sandy, you need to grow up! How old are you? Don't be sour that you got fired.
Sandy

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Aug 17, 2011
To whom it may concern. This forum was brought to my attention just recently. Whether anyone believes me or not that is your choice. The good Lord, my friends and family know I don't take time out of my life to post on this "crap" website. As far as Dr. PATEL. He is a brilliant Dr. Heaven forbid a family member or I should ever need his services I wouldn't think twice about taking advantage of his, his nurse practitioner and his nurses talents. As far as for me I own the fact I made mistakes. I miss the patients and their families terribly. But like I said. I know I made mistakes. Please think long and hard about the job these people do. Its not easy seeing people sometimes on a daily basis fight for their lives. Yes there is lose. But there is also miracles! Ty

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SPYGATE worse than Watergate 16 min Media hound 12
Wesley Holt...really?? 19 min Clueless in Gville 49
Fed tax overhaul results 48 min Whatdoyouknow 16
Cellgate is the biggest of all! 56 min Lockthemallup 3
SUMMIT CANCELED, bye bye Nobel prize 58 min Trumpisreallytranny 11
Vonda smith 1 hr InnocentTilProven... 9
Junkies 1 hr get a life 2
President Trump deserves a Nobel Prize 2 hr Carl Spackler 110
Happy memorial day! 10 hr The real really 25

Greeneville Jobs