311 days in prison. Justice? Yes or no?
Robbie Morgan Sentenced

Bulls Gap, TN

#2 Apr 2, 2013
Robbie Morgan Sentenced to 311 Days in Prison
http://internetnewsroom.com/wgrv/
Tuesday, April 2, 2013
by Jim Miller
Former Greene County Sheriff's Deputy Robbie Morgan was sentenced this morning in U.S. District Court to 311 days in federal prison.

Morgan pleaded guilty in December to a misdemeanor charge of deprivation of rights under color of law against a Greene County woman who he committed a sexual assault against on Christmas Day of 2011.

Magistrate Judge Dennis H. Inman told Morgan that the sentence was based on the amount of time off for good behavior he would receive if the sentence was one day longer than the maximum sentence of one year. Inman described the case as "abominably difficult" but stated that Morgan "did a despicable thing" and that "mistakes produce consequences."

Morgan addressed the court prior to sentencing and apologized to the victim, his family and the community for his actions. He said that everyone has skeletons in their closets, and his skeleton is front and center for all to see.

The victim spoke briefly during the hearing, and in reference to Morgan stated "he destroyed my life."

Morgan resigned from the Sheriff's Department in March, 2012 after allegations of misconduct surfaced. He is the defendant in two separate lawsuits filed in U.S. District Court last year. In both suits, Morgan is alleged to have assaulted a woman while on official duty with the Sheriff's Department.

In addition to the sentence of 311 days, Morgan will be on one year of supervised probation. He will begin his sentence in a federal penitentary later this summer and remains free on bond until a reporting date is determined.
Yep

United States

#3 Apr 2, 2013
I feel sorry for his wife an child this has got to be imbarrassing for them I pray for them
ex inmate

Columbus, NC

#4 Apr 2, 2013
I hope he gets real justice served on him when he gets behind prison walls..he aint nothin but a punk....
wowza

Jonesborough, TN

#5 Apr 2, 2013
ex inmate wrote:
I hope he gets real justice served on him when he gets behind prison walls..he aint nothin but a punk....
Your OWN criminal actions put you behind bars, not someone elses... punk.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#6 Apr 2, 2013
Looks like karma Served in Shetleys favor. Just because you have a badge you cannot do whatever you please.
right

Johnson City, TN

#7 Apr 2, 2013
because you wear a badge that doesn't give you the right to do what you catch other people for.

Since: Mar 13

Greeneville, TN

#8 Apr 2, 2013
SOOO surprised they have not swept this under the rug. Im sure he will have a rough time when he goes in to do his time. Im sure his family and children has had a rough time. Must be terror for them.
Greeneville, TN

#9 Apr 2, 2013
He should of got years behind bars without parole. It's sad that just bc he was working for the law enforcement does not give him the right to treat others so badly. He will pay for everything he has done to everyone he has hurt. Your a worthless awful awful person. So many people in this town are more than happy were jumping up and down that your gonna be behind bars for breaking the law. Greene county needs better law enforcement. Karma is following you Robbie Morgan......
Ralph

Greeneville, TN

#10 Apr 2, 2013
What did he do?
Allen Gap

Candler, NC

#11 Apr 2, 2013
Yep wrote:
I feel sorry for his wife an child this has got to be imbarrassing for them I pray for them
I feel sorry for the woman and the countless other women that he sexually abused and raped during his traffic stops. That is the worst kind of rape, rape by an authority figure with a badge. He should be doing no less than 25 years! A plea bargain with a good old boy Greene County judge, I hope the TBI fries the other Greene County good old boys who have been abusing their power for years!
me

United States

#12 Apr 2, 2013
I feel sorry for his mom as his brother Mark Strong got his sentence too!!!
Register

Bulls Gap, TN

#13 Apr 2, 2013
Allen Gap wrote:
<quoted text>I feel sorry for the woman and the countless other women that he sexually abused and raped during his traffic stops. That is the worst kind of rape, rape by an authority figure with a badge. He should be doing no less than 25 years! A plea bargain with a good old boy Greene County judge, I hope the TBI fries the other Greene County good old boys who have been abusing their power for years!
Will he have to register as a sex offender?

“Read all about it!”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#14 Apr 2, 2013
Personally I don't think it was enough time.. He should have his sorry azz locked up for 25 years or more! This is pretty much a slap in the face as far as I'm concerned.
awesome O

Candler, NC

#15 Apr 2, 2013
I'm surprised he got any time honestly. They weren't really reliable witnesses
lovedeath

United States

#16 Apr 2, 2013
if she said he did and he admitted to it thenn he shouldve got more time i no someone who served alot more time for alot less of crime of that nature! greenevilles finest!! our county has always had weak ass judges who let rapist molesters off easy!! pitiful who gives a da*n if witnesses were not of respectable nature to everyones eyes that woman was raped of her life and that couldve been ur mother sister daughter or grandmother who he did this way!
MYOB

Chatsworth, GA

#18 Apr 2, 2013
Personally, I think that the sentence of 311 days was very light.
question

Greeneville, TN

#19 Apr 2, 2013
who's the girl that this happened too?
tommy9998

Greeneville, TN

#20 Apr 2, 2013
wrong sentence shol he got more
Lmao

Greeneville, TN

#21 Apr 2, 2013
I think he'll serve, MAX 3 months, then they'll let him out on good behavior or something like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tonight obammy 13 min Dr Wu 10
Do u want buryed are creamated? 14 min Dixie iron fist 4
Common core meeting at fountain of life church 15 min Dixie iron fist 6
Where is the Jonesboro Flash? 17 min ponzi 19
Ever ben hit in ur goozle? 28 min From Jenny xoxo 1
Jessica Darnell (Jun '11) 28 min getit 48
Why I get on topix 29 min ponzi 15
Wife swapping club would you? (Jan '12) 1 hr Dixie iron fist 31
Carrie at the Bean Barn 1 hr bad boy 17
Cross Anchor/Chuckey water offices 8 hr Truth 27
Worst resteraunts in Greenville. 9 hr Really 86
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:28 am PST

NBC Sports 6:28AM
Todd Haley: We'll give Le'Veon Bell all that he can take
Bleacher Report 9:02 AM
Does Cam Need Protection or Weapons More in 2015 Draft?
Bleacher Report10:02 AM
Grading Carolina's Positional Units Heading into Bye Week
NBC Sports 3:10 PM
Titans' Williamson looking like 5th-round steal - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 4:31 PM
Titans to wear white jerseys for rest of season