user of new site

Knoxville, TN

#22 Jan 17, 2012
observer wrote:
that place pissed me off. I had an item that was brand new, dumbasses wanted to offer me pennies on the dollar and acted like they were doing me a favor by taking it off my hands. Maybe Gville needs a real swap board.
There is a newer site and is as orginized as that one but there admins are respectful and the rules are very simple.

Greene, Hawkins, Hamblen and Washington County buy, sell and trade

http://www.facebook.com/ #!/groups/315897828441706/
Uses them All

Franklin, TN

#23 Jan 17, 2012
Brought in from the new group posted above:

"This is a peacefulle site, a place for people to post/sell/buy and trade without any problems. There have been a few people getting attitudes with me (ADMIN) when I am simply trying to keep our page running smoothly. Argueing, attitudes, hurtfull and rude comments towards ADMINS and others on this site and will not be tolerated. If you do we will PM you and if it continues we will simply remove you and your post. This is clearly stated in the rules, new and old members need to read them again. Thanks and enjoy the site."

NOTE: rude comments to the admins .... will not be tolerated. in other words: do not smart off to an admin, or they will remove you.

All the groups I use mostly have the same policy. Maybe "Blocked User" who is also "user of new site", smarted off and lost access to that group. I bet Blocked User isn't telling us all of the story.
Been there

Fort Campbell, TN

#25 Jan 17, 2012
Different rules for different fools. Get over it, move on and be happy where you are now. All your bit*hing will do no good.
Not a Whiner

Franklin, TN

#27 Jan 19, 2012
Sounds like most of the few people posting negative remarks on this thread are people who were kicked off that group. Seriously - they have a HUGE and very popular group. There are some other new groups in the area; Ive visited them too - and it appeared to me the new groups were started by people who were banned from the big one for not following their rules. Or maybe you were just pi$$y-A$$ed with one of the admins. Too bad for you - you say it's not about the numbers: but you're so very wrong. I have a better chance of selling my stuff on that one than I do on the little groups just because of the number of people who use it. I respect all the people there who run that group - they've put a great deal of time into it, and with all those people in there, it sure does seem to run smoothly. They must be doing something right.
stupidpeoplehate r

Franklin, TN

#28 Jan 19, 2012
First and foremost, "blocked user", your grammar saddens me greatly. I'm very upset that you are probably a 40-something-year old man who can't spell any better than a first grader. As for all the other groups that just sprouted out of no where, I'd like for someone to show me ONE that is the same principle as GCBSGS that was made before that one. In other words, that group was created, along with the sub-groups such as the kids and clothing groups, and then all these other people who got mad because they got blocked for breaking the rules make another group, COPY AND PASTE the rules from GCBSGS onto their group, and pretend it's better.
People complain because of the rules, and usually the people complaining are the ones who broke the rules and got blocked. Think about it, you have a classroom full of 7-year olds. What do you have to have? Rules. They maintain order. The same goes for the group; they established rules to maintain order, making it easier for buyers and sellers. If there were no rules, there would be idiotic people on there, arguing (yes, I know how to spell that.), tons of spam, and basically the group wouldn't be serving it's purpose.
Not only has this group helped buyers and sellers, but it's also changed lives. This group and it's amazing admins and members have raised money and collected food and toys to provide a Christmas to needy families that otherwise would have had nothing. Tell me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall the other "better" groups doing that.
It's the sad truth; the people complaining are just mad because they got blocked. I'm so, so sorry you can't be apart of a successful group. I'm sorry you have to bash someone on Topix because your life is so sad and pathetic that you can't follow a few simple rules that some kind, simple woman came up with, and a couple other kind, simple women help maintain. Oh, and did I mention how badly your grammar repulses me? If I were some random person thinking about joining your group, I wouldn't just because I can't stand such horrible grammar. peacefulle, argueing, hurtfull, rud, oh and hipacrites! That last one is my favorite. It's hypocrites. I guess your computer doesn't have spell check or else you are too grammatically challenged to use it. Thank you and have a nice day.:)
stupidpeoplehate r

Franklin, TN

#29 Jan 19, 2012
user of new site wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a newer site and is as orginized as that one but there admins are respectful and the rules are very simple.
Greene, Hawkins, Hamblen and Washington County buy, sell and trade
http://www.facebook.com/ #!/groups/315897828441706/
Also, this group was created by someone who got blocked from GCBSGS ("blocked user"), and might I add it has no where NEAR the number of members as GCBSGS. It's not as organized as GCBSGS; it allows clothing, kid clothing/toys, etc. As everyone saw on a previous reply on Topix, these things cluttered the group, hence why a clothing group and a kids group were created. It helped organize everything on all the groups, so the buyers and sellers could post and find posts with ease. Not like it matters anyways; that other group seems like a big copying fail to me. The rules look VERY similar to GCBSGS, except a few got changed because he disagrees with some of them.
And once again, the bad grammar. Here's one of the rules on that group: "If you are rude, disrespectiful, hurtfull, or just plane mean to any of the admins or any member on this site it will not be tolarated."

Disrepectiful? Hurtfull? Plane mean? Tolarated? I'm probably 15 to 20 years younger than this man, and my grammar and spelling exceeds his by a lot!

My point is, this new, "peacefulle" group was created out of bitterness and jealousy; it's nothing compared to the original Greene County Buy Sell Giveaway Swap.:)
Lisa

Greeneville, TN

#30 Jan 19, 2012
Sweet Suprise wrote:
i am a member and have no idea how i became one. I do not use facebook for that stuff. i get new notifications constantly...how do you stop this
If you were added to the group without your consent, it's because one of your friends added you. This is the only way to join, unless you ask yourself to be added. If you do not want to be a member any longer, go to the group page, and click on the thing at the top that looks like a gear with a triangle next to it...click that and there will be the option to leave the group!
Michelle

Brentwood, TN

#31 Jan 19, 2012
Couldn't they have come up with a better name? SMH
wow

Nashville, TN

#32 Jan 20, 2012
Stay away from it, it's not worth wasting your time on, bunch of crap and is disorganized. U post something and can never find it. One word for ya- Craigslist had so much better luck & experience
wow

Nashville, TN

#33 Jan 20, 2012
blocked user wrote:
<quoted text>Most of the sites are orginized with the same style/layout as that one. No maybe they dont allow rude or hateful comments but it does not excuess the admins to be rude or hateful with members. just because there is alot of members mean nothing, people add others every day on FB to get "numbers" and thats all that site really is. I know several people that the main admin has been rude and has blocked/removed them for no reasion or because its something she doesnt agree with. I was removed for posting something for my buddys local business and then noticed a few weeks later that someone posted an add for there business and one of the admins said "i aproved this so dont remove or say anything" how is that right, how can you pick and chose what small business post just cause you know them and it goes aginst "her" rules?
I totally agree with u. Don't like the administration at all, they are very rude!! Ppl just stay with Craigslist!!!!!!! That's what u get when u have some idiots from greene county running something, they think u owe them something!!!
Scrounger

Gallatin, TN

#34 Jan 20, 2012
wow wrote:
One word for ya- Craigslist had so much better luck & experience
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Ppl just stay with Craigslist!!!!!!!
How do you ever sell anything on Cl???? One out of about 20 emails is actually not a scam.When I post an item I'll get 6-8 spam emails within 24 hours.I guess it depends on your item.
ConcernedParent

Franklin, TN

#35 Jan 20, 2012
wow wrote:
Stay away from it, it's not worth wasting your time on, bunch of crap and is disorganized. U post something and can never find it. One word for ya- Craigslist had so much better luck & experience
Disorganized? It is actually a very well organized place to sell stuff. Perhaps you were on a different group. There are plenty out there, but the mishmash of pictures makes it hard to find anything you want to buy. This one is quick and easy to list; and if you're looking for something, you just click on the photo albums that are all categorized. Not many add photos to CL. And this seems to be little safer; at least you can click on peoples profiles to kind of check them out a little. They also have quite a few LE officers who are members to help keep an eye on things.
observer

Johnson City, TN

#36 Jan 20, 2012
The buy sell groups are nothing more than a local flea market. If you are subscribed, you get all those damn notices that clutter up your in box. If you visit the page, it is a damn nightmare to navigate what is up for sale. I'm not interested in what nots for the coffee table or curtains for my windows. And then I have to read through all the posts to figure out if the crap is still up for sale. I'm going to start a poll, let's see what people would like to have.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/greeneville-t...
lol

Franklin, TN

#37 Jan 21, 2012
wow wrote:
Stay away from it, it's not worth wasting your time on, bunch of crap and is disorganized. U post something and can never find it. One word for ya- Craigslist had so much better luck & experience
Sounds like you got kicked off the group too. Well, you enjoy your spam-filled Craiglist, and I hope you don't meet some pedophile when trying to do business.:)
lol

Franklin, TN

#38 Jan 21, 2012
observer wrote:
The buy sell groups are nothing more than a local flea market. If you are subscribed, you get all those damn notices that clutter up your in box. If you visit the page, it is a damn nightmare to navigate what is up for sale. I'm not interested in what nots for the coffee table or curtains for my windows. And then I have to read through all the posts to figure out if the crap is still up for sale. I'm going to start a poll, let's see what people would like to have.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/greeneville-t...
For one, if you are so upset about "all those damn notices" why are you even subscribed? Really? Navigating the site? All you have to do is go to the photo albums; they are conveniently organized into different groups so you can find what you're looking for. Unfortunately, people don't realize they don't have to scroll down an entire page to find something; it's in a photo album. And now you're complaining about what's on the site ("whatnots for the coffee table or curtains for my window"); why are you even on the site if aren't there to buy something? What do you want the 5,000+ members to do? Post things that only cater to what you are going to buy? Someone is going to buy that coffee table of curtains for their windows. As far as reading through the comments to see if it's for sale, it's not the groups fault - it's Facebook's. The admins simply made a group on a popular website, meaning that the layout is still going to follow Facebook. If they were to create a new website, it more than likely wouldn't be free. I really have no idea why you are complaining. Just like to bicker I guess, but your arguments are totally invalid. It's like complaining that the sun has to come - it's inevitable.
observer

Johnson City, TN

#39 Jan 21, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
For one, if you are so upset about "all those damn notices" why are you even subscribed? Really? Navigating the site? All you have to do is go to the photo albums; they are conveniently organized into different groups so you can find what you're looking for. Unfortunately, people don't realize they don't have to scroll down an entire page to find something; it's in a photo album. And now you're complaining about what's on the site ("whatnots for the coffee table or curtains for my window"); why are you even on the site if aren't there to buy something? What do you want the 5,000+ members to do? Post things that only cater to what you are going to buy? Someone is going to buy that coffee table of curtains for their windows. As far as reading through the comments to see if it's for sale, it's not the groups fault - it's Facebook's. The admins simply made a group on a popular website, meaning that the layout is still going to follow Facebook. If they were to create a new website, it more than likely wouldn't be free. I really have no idea why you are complaining. Just like to bicker I guess, but your arguments are totally invalid. It's like complaining that the sun has to come - it's inevitable.
Sounds like I stepped on a facebook moron's toes. One of my "facebook friends" subscribed me and of course I took a look around. Organization my @ss. You visit the page, you are immediately assailed with a hodgepodge of items with lots of comments piled on top of each other, making the whole place cluttered. There is absolutely no search feature so you are forced to scroll to the bottom of the photo categories and try to figure out what crap is new and what was there last time you looked. You may think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread but the platform the idiots built it on really sucks. When the sh it sandwich is free, people will eat it like it's steak.
lol

Franklin, TN

#40 Jan 21, 2012
observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like I stepped on a facebook moron's toes. One of my "facebook friends" subscribed me and of course I took a look around. Organization my @ss. You visit the page, you are immediately assailed with a hodgepodge of items with lots of comments piled on top of each other, making the whole place cluttered. There is absolutely no search feature so you are forced to scroll to the bottom of the photo categories and try to figure out what crap is new and what was there last time you looked. You may think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread but the platform the idiots built it on really sucks. When the sh it sandwich is free, people will eat it like it's steak.
Shame on them for making a free group on Facebook as opposed to creating a new website that wouldn't be free. They have no other way to organize things, and that's Facebook's fault. Oh, I suppose they could make a group for EACH category. You're the moron.
observer

Johnson City, TN

#41 Jan 21, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame on them for making a free group on Facebook as opposed to creating a new website that wouldn't be free. They have no other way to organize things, and that's Facebook's fault. Oh, I suppose they could make a group for EACH category. You're the moron.
At least I am not a FACEBOOK MORON like you.
lol

Franklin, TN

#42 Jan 21, 2012
observer wrote:
<quoted text>
At least I am not a FACEBOOK MORON like you.
God forbid.
peace love and hugs

Smyrna, TN

#43 Jan 22, 2012
I personally liked the page at first. But the longer I stayed the more rude comments to the users from the admins. I totally agree with rules but I also think there is a better way to handle yourself. I removed myself because I couldn't stand the attitude and I hate that because I loved the page!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 4 min BOiaF 152,176
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 7 min steve 4,510
Wreck Chuckey Pike/Mitchell Rd 37 min Aholly 8
Renee Fillers and Matthew Blow 40 min Gville Worker 18
DTR (MOFIA) midway 42 min Gville Worker 4
melodie evans in jail again 45 min Gville Worker 19
If ISIS came here we would help the police take... 1 hr billyG 5
south greene football 12 hr CampCreeper 92

Greeneville Jobs

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]