Grass Clippings Clog Drains, Causing ...

Grass Clippings Clog Drains, Causing Greeneville Problems

There are 19 comments on the The Greenville Sun story from Jul 23, 2013, titled Grass Clippings Clog Drains, Causing Greeneville Problems. In it, The Greenville Sun reports that:

Sun Photo by O.J. Early Grass clippings continue to clog storm drains and make Greeneville's streets messy, Mayor W.T. Daniels said Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Greenville Sun.

Since: Jan 11

Greeneville TN

#1 Jul 23, 2013
I think it should be a county wide fine to blow grass clippings and leaves into streets and roads. It creates a hazard. That stuff is slicker than snot.
summer

Charlotte, NC

#2 Jul 23, 2013
I totally agree..in some neighborhoods it is against restrictions but some do it anyway..and then they wonder why streets are flooded..DUH!

Since: Jul 13

Johnson City, TN

#3 Jul 23, 2013
You have to be a stupid,lazy,SOB to blow your grass onto any public street.There are several who continue to do this where I live in town.If it continues I will send them a message attached to a rock thrown through their window...

“Many have died”

Since: Dec 12

On the road to peace

#4 Jul 24, 2013
What the hell are you all, a bunch of bleeding heart liberals trying to impose more government regulations and create a nanny state...

Greeneville TN

#5 Jul 24, 2013
whothehellcares- wrote:
What the hell are you all, a bunch of bleeding heart liberals trying to impose more government regulations and create a nanny state...
Nah, just a biker who doesn't want to crash and burn.
David

Johnson City, TN

#6 Jul 24, 2013
Why doesn't the town mow the dang grass medians anymore. Looks ragged as hades and is hard to see what's coming.
Different Gnome

Johnson City, TN

#7 Jul 24, 2013
David wrote:
Why doesn't the town mow the dang grass medians anymore. Looks ragged as hades and is hard to see what's coming.
The town doesn't mow it, the state does.
David

Johnson City, TN

#8 Jul 24, 2013
Different Gnome wrote:
<quoted text>
The town doesn't mow it, the state does.
From the looks of it, no one does anymore.
wow

Greenville, SC

#9 Jul 24, 2013
What about the ones who mow it out in from if your house and it looks like it was you,but it wasn't I sure don't want a ticket for something I didn't do.
Photosynthisis

Morristown, TN

#10 Jul 25, 2013
David wrote:
<quoted text>
From the looks of it, no one does anymore.
It's called too much rain! The same people whining about taxes are the same people demanding public services. We get what we pay for.
David

Johnson City, TN

#11 Jul 25, 2013
Photosynthisis wrote:
<quoted text>It's called too much rain! The same people whining about taxes are the same people demanding public services. We get what we pay for.
You are evidently a politician. That's how they think.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#12 Jul 25, 2013
Wouldn't it be more like,lazy or stupid people of Greeneville clogging drains? And I agree with Myst,bike + debris = bad.
gerry

Greeneville, TN

#13 Jul 25, 2013
I spoke to a lady in Greeneville area Mt. Pleasant community and asked her to please stop blowing grass out in the road that the neighbors were complaining, her response was I don't care turned right around on her mower and blowed it into the street
Narcoleptic

Campobello, SC

#14 Jul 25, 2013
Next time the lady with the 130 lb dog that my miniature schnauzer "may injure" blows her clippings all over the road in front of my house, I'm going to get my shovel and gently place them on her porch....or shove them up her lazy ass. Whichever is warranted at the time.

Greeneville TN

#15 Jul 25, 2013
I try to drive so fast past it that it blows it right back in their faces.
Wet Willie

Greeneville, TN

#16 Jul 25, 2013
MystDefy wrote:
I try to drive so fast past it that it blows it right back in their faces.
So THAT was you! Just kidding. I think that I'm about the only one in my neighborhood who mows the first 3 rows back into the yard, instead of the street.

“is your friend ”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#17 Jul 25, 2013
Photosynthisis wrote:
<quoted text>It's called too much rain! The same people whining about taxes are the same people demanding public services. We get what we pay for.
It's called LAZY.

Greeneville TN

#18 Jul 25, 2013
Wet Willie wrote:
<quoted text>So THAT was you! Just kidding. I think that I'm about the only one in my neighborhood who mows the first 3 rows back into the yard, instead of the street.
Yeah, that was me. I went by so fast, it sucked the clippings out of your yard into the neighbor's.
2wheels

Johnson City, TN

#19 Jul 26, 2013
MystDefy wrote:
<quoted text>Nah, just a biker who doesn't want to crash and burn.
Same here. Grass and leaves are a hazard to bikers...plus it looks bad. Why even mow if you're going to make a mess?

Nothing will change until they start writing tickets to everyone who does it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Felon friendly employers 19 min Good Luck 3
Love triangles 23 min Oh Ya 13
I'll take Family Values for $400, Alex 25 min Oh Ya 25
Mikayla Blankenship Knight 31 min Pastor Bubba 6
Women to AVOID AT ALL COSTS in Greeneville 2 hr Beth E 40
Addus HomeCare is HIRING 2 hr Hiring Addus 9
News Hurley: Tusculum College Must Distinguish Itsel... 4 hr Concerned college... 32

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages