How on earth do you get to talk to Sh...

How on earth do you get to talk to Sheriff Burns?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Why

Jonesborough, TN

#1 Jul 18, 2013
Anyone know a good way to get in touch with "our public servant" Steve Burns? As a taxpaying citizen with a concern, is it not reasonable to expect your sheriff to at least respond to concerns? When a taxpayer gives the sheriff a written concern in writing and it is blatantly ignored, that tells me there is a big problem....I hope he's not running for re-election because it is clear he does not understand he works for the citizens. Why is there no e-mail address on their website to contact our sheriff or any directions on how to file a grievance, especially regarding wrong-doing on the part of one of his employees? I have already figured out the answer to that - the citizens are wrong and he and his good ole boys are always right. So obviously, the only recourse for a citizen that has a grievance is civil litigation? That places a HUGE undue burden on the taxpayers. When there is an issue, our sheriff should man up and handle it instead of "hiding out". There are always going to be problems in any workplace, and unfortunately it is reality that there are inevitably going to be a few bad apples in every bunch, even in the sheriff's department. People that are addicted to drugs, smuggle them to prisioners in exchange for sex, men who rape women, men who steal, etc, etc. Handle it....don't just pretend it's not happening because paying out million dollar lawsuits is not the best way to handle things and ignoring things doesn't make them go away.
Tax Payer

Greeneville, TN

#2 Jul 18, 2013
You do know that all elected officials are required to keep a working home phone number in the phone book right?
Just My Opinion

Greeneville, TN

#3 Jul 18, 2013
If it's something that was done to you by a deputy, then you should seek a lawyer, not the sheriff.

I don't think you would want to go to the sheriff for anything against his employees, because he would be more likely to protect his employees. Maybe you should contact someone with the TBI to report your complaint.
davis

Greeneville, TN

#4 Jul 19, 2013
If you call him tell him you got drug money for him and you want to buy him off.he will be your best friend then.our sheriff is worthless.people in this county are stupid and cant see though him.I am a republican but I would vote for a dog before I would vote for Steve burns again.
ronnie fillers

Greeneville, TN

#5 Jul 19, 2013
Steve needs to retire or just step down.if he knew what half his deputies did behind his back he would die.they are more Robbie morgans that work there than the people know.
Like Who

Denver, NC

#6 Jul 19, 2013
ronnie fillers wrote:
Steve needs to retire or just step down.if he knew what half his deputies did behind his back he would die.they are more Robbie morgans that work there than the people know.
Like who???? Give initials pls
here you go

Bradenton, FL

#7 Jul 19, 2013
looking

Nebo, NC

#8 Jul 19, 2013
K.B.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big Jim and company?? 32 min Truth 4
NC Govenor Pat McCrory defeated! 1 hr Matthew McConaughey 38
Dr. Strange's gf. . . or ex "Karen" 3 hr who made who 3
Selfie Queens thread got deleated 4 hr Helper 5
Kohlrabi on Kohlrabi 5 hr OMG 29
declaration of survival 5 hr Poor Eric 64
Thanks for making us the laughingstock of the p... 5 hr Matthew McConaughey 41

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance