First Prev
of 4
Next Last
worried mom

Greeneville, TN

#64 Mar 2, 2013
medical wrote:
<quoted text>
Just some thoughts, has your daughter worn a holter monitor which may detect a heart condition in which her heart has episodes of beating to fast or too slow? Has she had a sleeping EEG which may pick up seizure activity? Has she had tests to rule out Adrenal gland tumor?
Hormones imbalance could be a factor.
Has pseudoseizures been mentioned?
Not suggesting an emotional disorder, kids have so much pressure from all sides.. sometimes if there is a family history, that can be a contributing factor, even tho she does not faint intentionally, it could be a sign of stress. Sometimes kids can't talk about what may be happening to them, know exactly who she spends time with and uncover all stones to ensure there is no inappropriate activity going on.
Is she taking loads of salt because blood sodium levels are low?
I wish you the best and hope she feels better. soon.
First of all, thank you for all the advice and questions. We went to a pediatric cardiologist in johnson city where he did an ekg and a 20 min ultrasound of her heart and said everything is normal with her heart. I am also told that stress, hormones, and many other things contribute to the fainting. Everytime she has been to the dr her blood pressure has been on the low side. They would take her blood pressure and pulse rate sitting and then have her stand the blood pressure would remain low and her pulse rate would jump from like 79 to 103 ????????? Since she has been on the medication and we give lots of salt and water, she has not passed out since Tuesday. She has been on the medicine for 8 days now, and the dr says we will use the medication short term. Once again thank you and I totally agree to leaving no stones unturned. As far as watching who her friends are and what activities she is into, I am very blessed and fortunate to have a very well behaved good girl. She doesn't spend time at friends houses or anything she is always home through the week and at her fathers on the weekend (he is very protective) the only place she goes outside of school is to church, she adores the youth group there. But yes very good advice I think we should try our best as parents to always be aware of our children's friends and activities. Once again thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big Jim and company?? 50 min Truth 4
NC Govenor Pat McCrory defeated! 1 hr Matthew McConaughey 38
Dr. Strange's gf. . . or ex "Karen" 3 hr who made who 3
Selfie Queens thread got deleated 4 hr Helper 5
Kohlrabi on Kohlrabi 5 hr OMG 29
declaration of survival 5 hr Poor Eric 64
Thanks for making us the laughingstock of the p... 5 hr Matthew McConaughey 41

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance