Comments
21 - 40 of 61 Comments Last updated Mar 2, 2013
Whatever

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Feb 22, 2013
 
MystDefy wrote:
A lot of people report becoming light-headed upon standing quickly. I've done this off and on all my life. I don't pass out, but I have to brace myself and wait for it to pass. I've always thought it had something to do with low blood pressure. But that's my armchair-physician coming out.
This happens to me also. I just thought it was from getting old.

“Read all about it!”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Feb 22, 2013
 
Becky1978 wrote:
I am no doctor. Most, if not all, posters are not doctors. My advice would be to get a second and even a third opinion from... a doctor, instead of listening to a bunch of farmers and waitresses that are certain to have the answer you are looking for...
Maybe you shouldn't be such a wise ass....She said she had been to numerous doctors with no results. She was just hoping to get other ideas to keep searching for answers. I'm not sure why that's so hard for you to understand except maybe you should have put more effort into passing reading comprehension in school.
Whatever

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Feb 22, 2013
 
Becky1978 wrote:
I am no doctor. Most, if not all, posters are not doctors. My advice would be to get a second and even a third opinion from... a doctor, instead of listening to a bunch of farmers and waitresses that are certain to have the answer you are looking for...
I would like for you to know, that I'm the smartest person I know. Actually to be honest with you. She could probably go to 6 different doctors and get 7 different opinions. It would probably be no better than asking opinions on here. Also a lot cheaper. I have heard some pretty good advice on this situation. I guess if none of these answers on here work. She could call farm bureau and ask Charlie as a last resort. I do wish her good luck. I would hate for this to be happening to my child

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Feb 22, 2013
 
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like for you to know, that I'm the smartest person I know. Actually to be honest with you. She could probably go to 6 different doctors and get 7 different opinions. It would probably be no better than asking opinions on here. Also a lot cheaper. I have heard some pretty good advice on this situation. I guess if none of these answers on here work. She could call farm bureau and ask Charlie as a last resort. I do wish her good luck. I would hate for this to be happening to my child
That last sentence should end with a period. There are a few other mistakes as well but I'm not judging.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Feb 22, 2013
 
FriendofDog wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you shouldn't be such a wise ass....She said she had been to numerous doctors with no results. She was just hoping to get other ideas to keep searching for answers. I'm not sure why that's so hard for you to understand except maybe you should have put more effort into passing reading comprehension in school.
I wasn't trying to be a wise ass. If she wants other ideas she should see other doctors. Do you have an 8 year degree in the field required to give advice in this area of expertise?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Feb 22, 2013
 
If my 12 yr old daughter was passing out, I'd damn well find out why. You, Topix of Greeneville, TN, isn't where I'd be searching.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Feb 22, 2013
 
FriendofDog wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you shouldn't be such a wise ass....She said she had been to numerous doctors with no results. She was just hoping to get other ideas to keep searching for answers. I'm not sure why that's so hard for you to understand except maybe you should have put more effort into passing reading comprehension in school.
And quit being a dick.
Whatever

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Feb 22, 2013
 
Becky1978 wrote:
<quoted text>
That last sentence should end with a period. There are a few other mistakes as well but I'm not judging.
You think friend of dog is being a dick? Huh!
Actually

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Feb 22, 2013
 
The sodium/potassium pump is what allows muscles to contract and relax. I remember it from advanced bio. But the rest of your advice is right on...and if her electrolytes are out of balance, her heart cannot pump blood properly so intermittent low arterial blood pressure could be the culprit. But she could have a brain aneurism instead, so my advice is to take her to the Niswonger Children's Hospital. The doctors there are phenomenal. They recently saved my daughter's life when she developed an extremely rare complication to pneumonia.
Alyagotado wrote:
You're getting some crazy advice. Salt is a diuretic. It gets rid of water. She's probably dehydrated. The body's cells work on what is referred to as the sodium-potassium pump. The sodium balance must be off-set by potassium for the cells to function properly. If not, guess what? You'll pass out from fatigue. Stop giving her salt and water. Absolutely no salt. I'll bet her urinary output is low and yellow as Tigger. Sounds like all you're doing is giving her some kidney stones. Give her an electrolye replacement drink, instead. Don't overkill. 1 cup of water per cup of Gator-Ade or Squencher. There are several on the market. Or you can dilute fruit juices. I'd like to know who gave you this advice. He's a quack.
Actually

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Feb 22, 2013
 
Oh, and salt is retained by the body, causing retention of water to achieve a balance of sodium concentration in the human body as well, and is NOT a diuretic. That is the main reason salt is contraindicated when a person has high blood pressure - water retention greatly increases blood pressure.
Jason

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Ill admit a lot of doctors just do what most have done here. Give an opinion! In some cases, they hit the nail right on the head. In others, they're opinions are as common as the common folk on here trying to help. Don't let the ignorant people stop you people offering help or advise. Some of us appreciate it.
worried mom

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Feb 22, 2013
 
Thank all of you that have offered advice and believe it or not as almost every post that has been posted out of sincerity is in one way or another something I have been told by one of the many Dr's we have seen. I did not only come to topic for a diagnosis of What's going on I simply came here for advice from someone who may of experienced the same episodes themselves or with a family member. No matter how smart we think we are or how educated a Dr may be there is always room for improvement. I am just trying to broaden my horizons on this issue and get my baby better. I live and breathe for my children I will not stop til I get an answer and thanks for all the positive support. As of today she has passed out 3 times since 7 am she was also seen by another Dr today. She has been to different Dr's 4 of the 5 days this week so no fear all for all the smart ones out there we aren't just using topic Dr's but some of the advice is exactly what educated Dr's have said. Thanks again guys
Me Yougly

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Feb 22, 2013
 
I read this and the only thought I had was please see the pill problem in greeneville post that is in this forum.

“Read all about it!”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Feb 23, 2013
 
Becky1978 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't trying to be a wise ass. If she wants other ideas she should see other doctors. Do you have an 8 year degree in the field required to give advice in this area of expertise?
Obviously you STILL can't understand a salient point being made.
Sister Fatima

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Feb 23, 2013
 
Actually wrote:
Oh, and salt is retained by the body, causing retention of water to achieve a balance of sodium concentration in the human body as well, and is NOT a diuretic. That is the main reason salt is contraindicated when a person has high blood pressure - water retention greatly increases blood pressure.
You are 100% right on. Aldosterone helps balance Na+ which is VITAL for maintaining blood pressure. When aldosterone and cortisol get too low, the kidneys excrete too much salt. WATER follows the salt out of the body which cause low blood volume which causes low blood pressure which causes fainting.

Your doctor is right. Keep her on the steroids. Keep her on the increased salt. Sodium is only poisonous when there is too much of it in the system.

Again, the doctor is right but you need to find out WHY the levels are abnormal. It could be a problem with the thyroid or the adrenal glands but it defintely sounds like a hormone imbalance.

There is a rare condition called Addison's Disease, some of these symptoms may be familiar to you. Here is the link.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/addisons-dis...

Since: Jan 11

Greeneville TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Feb 23, 2013
 
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like for you to know, that I'm the smartest person I know. Actually to be honest with you. She could probably go to 6 different doctors and get 7 different opinions. It would probably be no better than asking opinions on here. Also a lot cheaper. I have heard some pretty good advice on this situation. I guess if none of these answers on here work. She could call farm bureau and ask Charlie as a last resort. I do wish her good luck. I would hate for this to be happening to my child
She could also try staying at a Holiday Inn Express.

Since: Jan 11

Greeneville TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Feb 23, 2013
 
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
This happens to me also. I just thought it was from getting old.
Nah, that can't be it...it happens to ME.:-)
Mr Man

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

worried mom wrote:
My 12 yr old daughter passes out randomly. We have done so many tests and seen a heart Dr everything comes back normal. The only thing they have told us is that her body is not holding onto salt and water,and to up her intake of salt and water. This is so scary and if anyone has any advice plz give it.
Are you feeding that youngin?
hmmmm

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Maybe there is nothing wrong with her, maybe she is just seeking attention, and don't say no, we all know children do things to get extra attention when they feel like they aren't getting any..
Geene Guy

Harleyville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Feb 23, 2013
 
I use to wake up with night sweats all the time .... just wringing wet. I finally broke down and went to the doctor for a full checkup ...... They did all kinds of test and took them a while to pin down my condition ..... the Dr finally told me ......... I was pissin on myself......LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Greeneville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••