Larry Parman - the true patriot

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tea party

Greeneville, TN

#1 Jun 19, 2013
Thank you Larry for standing by your values and representing those of us who are FED UP with tax hikes and our crooked county commissioners!
Unbelievable

Bristol, TN

#3 Jun 19, 2013
tea party sucks wrote:
Thank you Larry Parman for getting your free education from the Greene County School System. Thank you Larry Parman for accepting the free education given to your children. And yes most definitely thank you Larry Parman for fighting to keep your precious money and deny other people the privileges you were blessed with. Let me tell you all something about Larry Parman, his mother was a cook at the old Cedar Creek School. So, out of the goodness of the taxpayers of Greene County, Larry was fed, clothed and probably purchased his first car with good old Greene County Taxpayer Money. Thank you Larry Parman for being a low-life hypocritical back stabbing SOB piece of trash.
shame on you. His mom was a wonderful hard working lady. She was always good to the children. She worked in the cafeteria when cooks had to arrive before daylight, make everything from scratch(not pre cut, precooked, or microwaved). She didn't have a dishwasher, she had to wash most dishes by hand. I called her many years after I had children to get her cornflake cookie recipe. She and Freda would give out extra homemade rolls during afternoon recess if any were left. They were great!!! I can guarantee you all employees were paid a lot less then and didn't get all the high class benefits school system employees do now. We got a better education then. Most kids old read when they left CC. So mr. Parkman keep up the good work.omeone has to tell the truth about how our tax pillars are being spent. The kids"isn't gettin it"!
Unbelievable

Bristol, TN

#4 Jun 19, 2013
Could read. Mr. Parman....
Unbelievable

Bristol, TN

#5 Jun 19, 2013
Someone...dollars....ain't....
Unbelievable

Bristol, TN

#8 Jun 20, 2013
tea party sucks wrote:
<quoted text>Evidently you did not get a very good education at Cedar Creek or you would have been honest and not misrepresented my post. There is no criticism of Sue Parman in my post only of her son Larry. To say kids got a better education when Sue was cook at Cedar Creek than they do now is ludicrous. Kids who graduated Cedar Creek back then couldn't get out of 3rd grade at Nolachuckey. Sue was a good person and a good cook but there were at least 15 other women in the community who could have done as well and probably needed the job more but she got it because of who she was, the daughter of a very influential man in Cedar Creek. Larry Parman is a selfish, hypocrite and an embarrassment.
your post speaks for itself. The people can judge. Generations past built this country with hard work and ingenuity. Some of Americas greatest thinkers and gifted engineers created some of the greatest landmarks and made some of the greatest discoveries in medicine this country has ever known. Math hasn't changed.language hasn't changed. Science has changed some, but it is always changing. History hasn't changed, only updated. Our forefathers and mothers could learn in a one room schoolhouse and work hard on their family farms to contribute to their survival. I'd put them up against any educated person today. How in the world o you know how his mother got her job at CC? Who are you to decide that someone else should have gotten the job? Doesn't matter whether her father was influential or not. She worked hard and did a very good job. She was always good to children. You are encouraged to donate all the tax money you want to. But, don't expect the rest of us to continue to do so without total accountability. It's just not there.
Unbelievable

Bristol, TN

#9 Jun 20, 2013
Democrat wrote:
Sue Parman was raised a Democrat. Both her parents were Democrats and came out of strong Democrat Families, the Collins and the Humphries of Cedar Creek. The grandson Larry Parman would be an embarrassment to both those proud families.
this explains your animosity.
Unbelievable

Bristol, TN

#10 Jun 20, 2013
Democrat wrote:
Sue Parman was raised a Democrat. Both her parents were Democrats and came out of strong Democrat Families, the Collins and the Humphries of Cedar Creek. The grandson Larry Parman would be an embarrassment to both those proud families.
the democrats of old were a different breed. They were not progressives.

“Read all about it!”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#11 Jun 20, 2013
"....You are encouraged to donate all the tax money you want to. But, don't expect the rest of us to continue to do so without total accountability. It's just not there...."

Amen Unbelievable..that is the point that they refuse to consider... Just like that s.o.b. Obama taking all of these expensive vacations when we supposedly can't even open up the WH (our house) to the public, this is exactly the mentality of the Greene County COmmissioners. They need to just friggin deal with it; quit giving out expensive raises to everyone but the little guy and find a way to cut spending. I bet they can if they really try.
hogurs

Donora, PA

#12 Jun 20, 2013
it is not

Bristol, TN

#15 Jun 20, 2013
tea party sucks wrote:
<quoted text>There are several inaccuracies in your post. Math has changed. What a kid can do with a calculator today would have been impossible 40 years ago. Language has changed by leaps and bounds, it is more about speed than actual words, where once you wrote a letter and the communication could be weeks apart, now you pick up your Cell and say "what's up dude." The science of yesterday is kindergarten compared to the science of today and the same will be true in just a few more years. The Historical events of the past half century dwarf all the earlier recorded history, from jets and computers to moon walks and atomic bombs to lasers and cloning and super viruses like HIV. The family farm and one room classroom have already been defeated by the educated person of today, they didn't have a chance, just like communities like Greene County will have no chance in the future unless they upgrade their education system, cause if they don't some other country will and you can become third world dirt poor fast. I know exactly how Sue Parman got her job, I know exactly where Larry Parman came from and how he got his attitude. He is a hypocrite of huge proportion because he is now ranting against the same things which gave him an advantage in life over other people.
Ignorance is bliss in this community. I have long since graduated from our local county schools. In two years my youngest will walk across the stage of one of our local high schools. I can say without any hesitation, having seen three children go through the present county school system, that I got a better education in my day. I rode the bus to school and our first order of business was to stand and pledge to this great nation. We were then seated to send up prayers to our Lord & Saviour. All my teachers dressed appropriately. Ladies in their nice slacks or dresses and the male teachers neat and sometimes in ties. Just the way our teachers were dressed brought out respect in the students. I don't ever remember being afraid I was going to be shot on sight when I was in school. The boys often were showing off the new knife most of them would get for Christmas and playing good guy versus bad guy during recess was a common scene. Nobody was hauled off to jail for pretending to shoot the bad guy. I could add numbers in my head and needed no mechanical device to look up most words I had already memorized in school. The list goes on and on. I am not really reflecting so much on the "good old days" but am more interested in submitting that what is coming around the block does not appear to be better at all. If our electrical grid came to a haut, can you just imagine the chaos? I know what century it is, but we have truly dumbed-down (not sure that's a word) our children. They walk around like zombies, glued to all these devices and are missing the world around them. This is an extremely rude time in our history. No one finishes a conversation with any one and our mental institutions are full. I'm afraid my children have already missed the best part of society -- they have been brainwashed that something new is always better. It is not!!
Bingo

Greeneville, TN

#16 Jun 20, 2013
tea party sucks wrote:
<quoted text>Democrats have been progressives since Franklin Roosevelt, remember Social Security and TVA. Frank Clement, a Democrat Tennessee Governor, popular with the Collins and Humphries families, built Greene Valley to help the thousands of mentally retarded in Tennessee come out of being tied up in attics and give them a chance in life. It is not that Democrats have become progressives, it is that Republicans have become hate filled reactionary regressives. Democrats are a little behind in the war but they are fast catching up and it has become a nasty war indeed.
You are very much correct. Many Republicans Tea Partiers I know are more than willing to take from government programs than the pay and then fuss about every penny they pay in taxes. They want to take services but not pay. How much economic development would Greene County have had not the federal government helped finance utilities like water and electricity and roads? I don't even want to think about government spending on airports highways I helped pay for that helped make a few individuals wealthy.

Had there been no progressive spending in the past, there would be fewer rich Republicans who want to pay no taxes. The wealthy need to thank the progressives for creating an environment in which they can earn their wealth.
national tv

Bristol, TN

#17 Jun 20, 2013
Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>your post speaks for itself. The people can judge. Generations past built this country with hard work and ingenuity. Some of Americas greatest thinkers and gifted engineers created some of the greatest landmarks and made some of the greatest discoveries in medicine this country has ever known. Math hasn't changed.language hasn't changed. Science has changed some, but it is always changing. History hasn't changed, only updated. Our forefathers and mothers could learn in a one room schoolhouse and work hard on their family farms to contribute to their survival. I'd put them up against any educated person today. How in the world o you know how his mother got her job at CC? Who are you to decide that someone else should have gotten the job? Doesn't matter whether her father was influential or not. She worked hard and did a very good job. She was always good to children. You are encouraged to donate all the tax money you want to. But, don't expect the rest of us to continue to do so without total accountability. It's just not there.
I disagree to a point when someone gets a job just because of who they know. In such a small area that we live in, this happens way too much and has gotten worse. As more and more people move to this area - for what I surely don't know - this way of hiring will no doubt change. All it takes is one news worthy story of this kind of continuing injustice and you could end up on national TV.
makes you wonder

Bristol, TN

#18 Jun 20, 2013
Bingo wrote:
<quoted text>You are very much correct. Many Republicans Tea Partiers I know are more than willing to take from government programs than the pay and then fuss about every penny they pay in taxes. They want to take services but not pay. How much economic development would Greene County have had not the federal government helped finance utilities like water and electricity and roads? I don't even want to think about government spending on airports highways I helped pay for that helped make a few individuals wealthy.
Had there been no progressive spending in the past, there would be fewer rich Republicans who want to pay no taxes. The wealthy need to thank the progressives for creating an environment in which they can earn their wealth.
LMAO. I don't know any rich Republicans or Democrats. I do know Democrats who use their positions to do favors and probably get a nice "thank you" in return. I'm just glad people are watching closer - Democrats and Republicans alike. Where I work the late shift - it is apparent that both parties are viewed as being shady.
I would like to know how some of the politicians around this area got their cash to live so lavish a life style. You can go on line and easily find out what they make. In fact their salaries are public record. When you see these folks driving their lavish autos, bragging about their lavish vacations and vacation homes, see where they live and so forth -- sure makes you wonder.
eatin money

Bristol, TN

#19 Jun 20, 2013
tea party sucks wrote:
Thank you Larry Parman for getting your free education from the Greene County School System. Thank you Larry Parman for accepting the free education given to your children. And yes most definitely thank you Larry Parman for fighting to keep your precious money and deny other people the privileges you were blessed with. Let me tell you all something about Larry Parman, his mother was a cook at the old Cedar Creek School. So, out of the goodness of the taxpayers of Greene County, Larry was fed, clothed and probably purchased his first car with good old Greene County Taxpayer Money. Thank you Larry Parman for being a low-life hypocritical back stabbing SOB piece of trash.
I am still laughing!!! I am just itching for some of the men and women (I am more than ready to get in the face of these arrogant idiots) in the county to get so angry that the generation of our parents surfaces. Then there would be no posting on topix, twitter or facebook -- we would probably cuss all the powers that be out while we restored some kind of honor to public office again.
The arrogance of some of these people is outrageous at best. We need a leader and I hope one appears soon. MONEY is the root of all evil and has never made the school system better. Get out of my house, I need my money to eat.
you are an idiot

Bristol, TN

#21 Jun 20, 2013
Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, ignorance is bliss, but in your case you are looking back with rose colored glasses or you must have went to some private school outside Greene County. Farm boys in high school were sadistically hazed in so called initiations in Greene County Schools. They were forced to swallow live minnows, blind folded and made to drink raw spoiled eggs, and as a climax forced to strip down and run through a belt line of upperclassman who put whelps on some kids who are still carrying scars today. At one county school a young girl, supposedly a girl friend of one of the football players, was repeatedly raped by almost the entire football team. Who got punished, not the football players who are still considered pillars of the community, but the girl who was ostracized and eventually transferred to another school. A lot of F--king good morning prayer did in that school which had a principal who was an ordained minister. I do not believe he is celebrating bliss in paradise, if anything, he is burning in Hell if there is such a place. Rape, sexual molestation of weaker boys, bullying, were daily occurrences in those old schools. The difference, it was easier to keep it quieter back then. As for teachers back then, I know more than a few who got students under their care knocked-up, some even married those students and raised families and are considered pillars of the community now. The schools of today for all their short comings are actually better, much better than the ones who said the pledge of allegiance and a prayer and later on in the day 15 to 20 boys down a poor helpless girl and show her what old time Greene County Education was really all about.
BETTER??????????

Better when kids are being BLOWN AWAY WITH BULLETS!! Better when small children are getting handcuffed in school? Better when they have no mommies or daddies who want them? Better when drugs are readily available round every corner in school? Better when girls no longer try to keep the boys out of their britches -- he!! we have birth control -- well, that didn't work so well with all the unwanted babies or worse yet abortions going around. Better when teachers are being arrested daily for having flings with young kids? And on and on and on and on and on and on...

You are an idiot.
unbelievable

Bristol, TN

#23 Jun 20, 2013
tea party sucks wrote:
<quoted text>There are several inaccuracies in your post. Math has changed. What a kid can do with a calculator today would have been impossible 40 years ago. Language has changed by leaps and bounds, it is more about speed than actual words, where once you wrote a letter and the communication could be weeks apart, now you pick up your Cell and say "what's up dude." The science of yesterday is kindergarten compared to the science of today and the same will be true in just a few more years. The Historical events of the past half century dwarf all the earlier recorded history, from jets and computers to moon walks and atomic bombs to lasers and cloning and super viruses like HIV. The family farm and one room classroom have already been defeated by the educated person of today, they didn't have a chance, just like communities like Greene County will have no chance in the future unless they upgrade their education system, cause if they don't some other country will and you can become third world dirt poor fast. I know exactly how Sue Parman got her job, I know exactly where Larry Parman came from and how he got his attitude. He is a hypocrite of huge proportion because he is now ranting against the same things which gave him an advantage in life over other people.
You're right math has changed, kids (as early as kindergarten now) use machines to come up with their mathematical answers instead of their own minds. That's why many young people that work at a restaurant look at you with a blank stare when they have to figure out your change due in their head if the cash register isn't working. People used to learn to use their own calculators (their brain) first, then, any mechanical instrument to enhance math as they got older in high school. America is behind in math and reading proficiency, and I think a big part of that problem is what you seem to suggest the answer is (technology). Technology certainly has it's place and is here to stay. It can help us do some things faster, and open up a world of information. As far a language, I was talking about grammar, reading comprehension etc. That hasn't changed. The rules still apply. Now having communication get to people faster doesn't mean it's an improvement on grammar and comprehension. Have you looked at the shortcuts used for a lot of this type of media?
Heeler

Greeneville, TN

#24 Jun 20, 2013
Too many freaks, not enough circus.
unbelievable

Bristol, TN

#25 Jun 20, 2013
Sadly, we have plenty of arrogant, educated idiots ranting and raving these days. I think the people 100 years ago would say the same about how much history had changed in their lifetime. I said history is always changing. One generation doesn't dwarf another. Many historic things occur in every generation. That's why we call it history, to document those events and dates.
You obviously have an axe to grind with this family. It shows.
Freedom of speech applies to all. Liberals only want it to apply to them.
unbelievable

Bristol, TN

#26 Jun 20, 2013
tea party sucks wrote:
<quoted text>Democrats have been progressives since Franklin Roosevelt, remember Social Security and TVA. Frank Clement, a Democrat Tennessee Governor, popular with the Collins and Humphries families, built Greene Valley to help the thousands of mentally retarded in Tennessee come out of being tied up in attics and give them a chance in life. It is not that Democrats have become progressives, it is that Republicans have become hate filled reactionary regressives. Democrats are a little behind in the war but they are fast catching up and it has become a nasty war indeed.
Who's hate filled?.....again your post says it all.
unbelievable

Bristol, TN

#27 Jun 20, 2013
Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, ignorance is bliss, but in your case you are looking back with rose colored glasses or you must have went to some private school outside Greene County. Farm boys in high school were sadistically hazed in so called initiations in Greene County Schools. They were forced to swallow live minnows, blind folded and made to drink raw spoiled eggs, and as a climax forced to strip down and run through a belt line of upperclassman who put whelps on some kids who are still carrying scars today. At one county school a young girl, supposedly a girl friend of one of the football players, was repeatedly raped by almost the entire football team. Who got punished, not the football players who are still considered pillars of the community, but the girl who was ostracized and eventually transferred to another school. A lot of F--king good morning prayer did in that school which had a principal who was an ordained minister. I do not believe he is celebrating bliss in paradise, if anything, he is burning in Hell if there is such a place. Rape, sexual molestation of weaker boys, bullying, were daily occurrences in those old schools. The difference, it was easier to keep it quieter back then. As for teachers back then, I know more than a few who got students under their care knocked-up, some even married those students and raised families and are considered pillars of the community now. The schools of today for all their short comings are actually better, much better than the ones who said the pledge of allegiance and a prayer and later on in the day 15 to 20 boys down a poor helpless girl and show her what old time Greene County Education was really all about.
Unfortunately, those kind of terrible things happen in every generation. This generation of children, bless their hearts, have it even worse. The suicide rate of children is much higher now. All this technology is allowing people to post compromising pictures of young people who are then ostracized or so embarrassed, they commit suicide. It's a different type of rape. It's all evil. At least back then most men were men, they protected and provided for their families. More women were nurturers, and there for their children at the end of the day. There are about as many single parent homes as there are two parent homes now. I pray for our children daily. It's harder to grow up now. There's so many things out there to entice them down the wrong path.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old Oak was a joke 9 min Julius Seizure 23
Smith Arrested for 2 counts Murder 3 hr Taken2bae 95
STAFFPRO Temp Agency 3 hr Disappointed 4
Family nudist campground (Mar '15) 4 hr tom 15
Darrell price 4 hr fred 4
News Tusculum Approves New Taproom To Sell Craft Beer 6 hr Dirty dingus 28
DTR's new name? 7 hr Spliffy 4

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance