simple man

Pageland, SC

#1 Jan 19, 2013
I am still married to my wife, we have been separated for well over 3 years, she hasn't let me see my son in almost 2 years and I still pay child support of 600$ a month. If I find her to divorce her, if I sign my rights away to my son who she never let's me see, do I still have to pay child support?
wow

Batesburg, SC

#2 Jan 19, 2013
Why would you not fight for your son instead of just giving him away, if you really are paying your support you have rights.
Whatever

Jonesborough, TN

#3 Jan 19, 2013
A man wouldn't go 2 years without seeing his child.
just saying

United States

#4 Jan 19, 2013
i just love how men want to sign his rights away to a child... omg man up..if you are paying child support demand you see your child..your son needs you in his life.
Well

Paducah, KY

#5 Jan 19, 2013
It is not as simple as "I pay child support, let me see my child" people keep children from the other parent all the time. My mother kept my Dad from seeing my younger brother for yrs. He would go to court, she would abide the courts order for a while then she would stop again. It cost money to return to court each time this happens. The court will not usually fine the primary parent or jail them because that would take away from the child. I know you are thinking if it happens enough they will give custody to the other parent, again, it cost upwards of a thousand dollars each time you return to court. Yes, in a perfect world a person would be able to fight & fight & fight but, no one can survive year after year of spending thousands to get a couple months of regular visits. It can & will break you financially, physically & definitely emotionally. It will break a person's soul. So, before you start screaming BAD father, stop for a second, try & imagine someone using your child as a means to destroy you. After a while it becomes so painful to deal with, some people give up. Hope turns to despair.
answer

Greeneville, TN

#6 Jan 20, 2013
No. A law was passed a few years ago that a father or even a mother can no longer sign over rights to a child. The only situation in which you can, is if the custodial parent gets remarried, the new spouse must go through the process of legally adopting the child. There are several classes that the new spouse must go through and the adoption must be approved by the courts and child support court must also agree to signing over rights after the adoption has taken place.There is also a waiting period before the adoption so the court makes sure the new parent will stick around. You're looking at at 3 to 5 year process. Been there, tried this. And yes, if you pay support, you do have rights, but that doesn't mean they are enforced. My husband pays every month and has for years and has only seen the child the one time when they showed up for the DNA test. Best just to ride it out until the child is 18.
answer

Greeneville, TN

#7 Jan 20, 2013
Oh. I forgot. If the mother gets any assistance from DHS and the State, you can forget it. They will hunt you down to make you pay. you will never get away from DHS and their system. They will own you. Someone has to pay for the $600 a month in food stamps on top of the monthly support.

“Read all about it!”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#8 Jan 20, 2013
Don't be so quick to judge "simple man's" post... what others have said on here is spot on. I see this every day at work.. One parent thinks they have the right to keep the other parent from the child. But, many get by with it and it does take lots of money and perseverance to stay in court in those cases. I tell people, "don't give up on your kid", but I understand that this takes such a financial and emotional toll on people. The court SHOULD take the child/children away from the parent who refuses to let the other parent have visitation. If the courts would actually do that, without dragging it out, it might stop some of the nonsense.

I personally love the ones where the mother (usually) is so pissed off at the father that she acts like a jackass and gives her husband a hard time in working out custody/visitation. She "insists" on equal time, then once she gets it, the kids stay wtih the Dad more and more. I want to ask " what the "f" is wrong with you"? I want to slap these people. And, don't get me started on the low-life hussies who are on pills and "pretending" to take care of their kids.. I really would like to slap the hell out of them.

Since: Dec 12

Lake City, SC

#9 Jan 20, 2013
FriendofDog wrote:
Don't be so quick to judge "simple man's" post... what others have said on here is spot on. I see this every day at work.. One parent thinks they have the right to keep the other parent from the child. But, many get by with it and it does take lots of money and perseverance to stay in court in those cases. I tell people, "don't give up on your kid", but I understand that this takes such a financial and emotional toll on people. The court SHOULD take the child/children away from the parent who refuses to let the other parent have visitation. If the courts would actually do that, without dragging it out, it might stop some of the nonsense.
I personally love the ones where the mother (usually) is so pissed off at the father that she acts like a jackass and gives her husband a hard time in working out custody/visitation. She "insists" on equal time, then once she gets it, the kids stay wtih the Dad more and more. I want to ask " what the "f" is wrong with you"? I want to slap these people. And, don't get me started on the low-life hussies who are on pills and "pretending" to take care of their kids.. I really would like to slap the hell out of them.
Tell it like it is sister! You too are SPOT ON!:)

“Read all about it!”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#10 Jan 20, 2013
I'm very direct with our clients at work.. I don't b.s. them and pull any punches on anything.(GRIN) I've noticed some of the other people at work using my "cliches" now.(GRIN) Many lawyers are afraid of losing their fees and wont' try to reign their clients in in domestic matters. I don't think I'd made a good lawyer.(GRIN)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kristi mccamey 3 min hahaha 7
Is Greene County inbred? 13 min Trunketeer 17
What goes on at Timberfell? (Sep '11) 18 min Trunketeer 250
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 20 min Jennifer Renee 5,626
info about eric jones 53 min Geeze Louise 10
dean tweed 58 min Geeze Louise 12
Principal at Mosheim 1 hr Geeze Louise 68
"Greeneville police: 2 infants found dead in ho... 8 hr From Jenny xoxo 154
Why so paranoid? 10 hr csmaven 100
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville