House Republicans cut foodstamps.

House Republicans cut foodstamps.

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

carl edwards

Suitland, MD

#1 Sep 25, 2013
I read with utter glee that the House of Representatives has voted in favor of cutting food stamps.

Yay!

The Republicans had originally proposed a 50% cut to food stamps, which would have been a terrific start. But unfortunately the Republicans caved to the demands of Liberal thugs, and the House ended up only cutting 4 billion per year in food stamps.

BOOO!!!!!

A 4 billion cut to an 80 billion dollar spending program is a drop in the bucket.

Here's the problem:

Obviously Republican politicians are known for talking tough about cracking down on welfare/foodstamp recipients. Primarily because Republican politicians want the support of uneducated white southerners on disability who hate uneducated lazy blacks on foodstamps/welfare.

Which is why Republican politicians (e.g., Mitt Romney) continue to reiterate that the only reason why President darkie was re-elected was because blacks voted themselves foodstamps, welfare and cellphones. Obama is the "foodstamp president".

But for some reason when these same tough-talking Republicans get to Capitol Hill, they aren't willing to do anything about solving the welfare/foodstamp problem. Maybe that has something to do with all these Congressional Republicans being beholden to companies like Wal-Mart and Family Dollar that are raking in all these 80 billion in EBT profits, free and clear.

That's something that I'm sure most of you probably never think about. Because when most people gripe about the foodstamp/welfare problem, they always focus their bitterness on the deadbeats that are "taking advantage of the system" and "getting away with murder". The freeloaders who "live off the government" and "don't work for a living".

Okay, so those people are a problem. But me personally, it doesn't really bother me very much if some meth-head dropout in a trailer park someplace is collecting a hundred dollars a month to buy Hot Pockets and Mountain Dew. I don't really care about that because:

1) I make that much money in an hour,
2) I have better things to think about, and
3) people like that aren't the ones who are collecting all the wealth.

The reality is that when the government issues 80 billion dollars worth of EBT credits, by Friday the stock holders at Wal-mart are 80 billion richer.

Foodstamps are not material wealth, and these trailer trash people can't put EBT into a saving account and hold it forever. When government issues foodstamp credits, all of it must be spent. Which means that most of these credits automatically go to Wal-mart. And that is money that Wal-mart basically sat back and let roll into their fingers, because they didn't have to compete against Olive Garden or any other business for that money.

Wal-mart is so brazen about this that they have had counselors on staff at their stores whose job it is to sign up wal-mart employees for foodstamps and welfare. Wal-mart has been allowed to come in and take over the poorest states in America (the south), and they have decimated other businesses in the process.

Which is why the Republicans aren't going to do anything about welfare. Ever. Because companies like Wal-mart are in bed with the government.

Conclusion?

The whole foodstamp/welfare debate is just a distraction anyway. It really doesn't even matter, because 80 billion dollars on foodstamps is not a lot of money compared to the trillions in debt we have. The government spends more than 80 billion a year buying fuel for their airplanes and tanks.

Take a look at any pie chart that depicts federal spending, and you will see immediately that foodstamps/welfare aren't the problem. The real entitlements that are bankrupting us are social security and medicare.
Seriously

Jonesborough, TN

#3 Sep 25, 2013
You are SUCH A fear monger and SUCH a troll!
bozo palace

Elizabethton, TN

#5 Sep 25, 2013
carl edwards wrote:
I read with utter glee that the House of Representatives has voted in favor of cutting food stamps.
Yay!
The Republicans had originally proposed a 50% cut to food stamps, which would have been a terrific start. But unfortunately the Republicans caved to the demands of Liberal thugs, and the House ended up only cutting 4 billion per year in food stamps.
BOOO!!!!!
A 4 billion cut to an 80 billion dollar spending program is a drop in the bucket.
Here's the problem:
Obviously Republican politicians are known for talking tough about cracking down on welfare/foodstamp recipients. Primarily because Republican politicians want the support of uneducated white southerners on disability who hate uneducated lazy blacks on foodstamps/welfare.
Which is why Republican politicians (e.g., Mitt Romney) continue to reiterate that the only reason why President darkie was re-elected was because blacks voted themselves foodstamps, welfare and cellphones. Obama is the "foodstamp president".
But for some reason when these same tough-talking Republicans get to Capitol Hill, they aren't willing to do anything about solving the welfare/foodstamp problem. Maybe that has something to do with all these Congressional Republicans being beholden to companies like Wal-Mart and Family Dollar that are raking in all these 80 billion in EBT profits, free and clear.
That's something that I'm sure most of you probably never think about. Because when most people gripe about the foodstamp/welfare problem, they always focus their bitterness on the deadbeats that are "taking advantage of the system" and "getting away with murder". The freeloaders who "live off the government" and "don't work for a living".
Okay, so those people are a problem. But me personally, it doesn't really bother me very much if some meth-head dropout in a trailer park someplace is collecting a hundred dollars a month to buy Hot Pockets and Mountain Dew. I don't really care about that because:
The reality is that when the government issues 80 billion dollars worth of EBT credits, by Friday the stock holders at Wal-mart are 80 billion richer.
Foodstamps are not material wealth, and these trailer trash people can't put EBT into a saving account and hold it forever. When government issues foodstamp credits, all of it must be spent. Which means that most of these credits automatically go to Wal-mart. And that is money that Wal-mart basically sat back and let roll into their fingers, because they didn't have to compete against Olive Garden or any other business for that money.
Wal-mart is so brazen about this that they have had counselors on staff at their stores whose job it is to sign up wal-mart employees for foodstamps and welfare. Wal-mart has been allowed to come in and take over the poorest states in America (the south), and they have decimated other businesses in the process.
Which is why the Republicans aren't going to do anything about welfare. Ever. Because companies like Wal-mart are in bed with the government.
Conclusion?
The whole foodstamp/welfare debate is just a distraction anyway. It really doesn't even matter, because 80 billion dollars on foodstamps is not a lot of money compared to the trillions in debt we have. The government spends more than 80 billion a year buying fuel for their airplanes and tanks.
Take a look at any pie chart that depicts federal spending, and you will see immediately that foodstamps/welfare aren't the problem. The real entitlements that are bankrupting us are social security and medicare.
Hey stupid, they cut the proposed increase, not the present funding.
Government Cheese

Greeneville, TN

#6 Sep 27, 2013
carl edwards wrote:
Yay!
BOOO!!!!!
Here's the problem:
Conclusion?
I bet you don't get laid much do you?
Wow

Elizabethton, TN

#7 Sep 27, 2013
Jesse Jackson said that his people will now have to go to work. They are not liking it.
Bill Simpson

Johnson City, TN

#8 Sep 27, 2013
Carl Edwards is a KOCHSUCKER !!!! He falls for anything. He crams his dumbass head into FOX news and BELEIVEs whatever they tell their puppets to think.

This dipshit is voting all the power over to the wealthy while this dipshit is acting like the poor have all the money.

Really? How stupid can a person actually be. Carl Edwards Stupid I guess.
Seriously

Lancaster, SC

#9 Sep 27, 2013
Bill Simpson wrote:
Carl Edwards is a KOCHSUCKER !!!! He falls for anything. He crams his dumbass head into FOX news and BELEIVEs whatever they tell their puppets to think.
This dipshit is voting all the power over to the wealthy while this dipshit is acting like the poor have all the money.
Really? How stupid can a person actually be. Carl Edwards Stupid I guess.
Lmao! Carl Edwards and Cat Turd are one and the same and both are just what you say.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God punish Texas with deadly floods 19 min Trunketeer 21
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 23 min Red_Forman 7,930
steven ball 1 hr mElee 8
Can you afford to be a republican? 1 hr FriendofDog 21
Why do women... 1 hr FriendofDog 44
Tanya morris 2 hr gabe 1
Anyone know Renee Story ? 2 hr lesson 2
***** last post wins ***** (Oct '14) 7 hr Alex Nicole 1,890
how the heck is shipleys furniture store getti... (May '13) 18 hr Turnip Truck 28
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]