The Best Pediatric Doctor In Greenevi...
ummmm

Kingsport, TN

#81 Nov 30, 2010
id say so
Justice

Sharon, SC

#82 Dec 1, 2010
Dr Cobble is the best by far, although I haven't meet some of the other MD's previously mentioned. I have worked with him in at Laughlin in the Ped unit, he's great at what he does.(Dir of Pediatrics) He could give some of the MD's at the Childrens Hospital@ JCMC a run for their money. Also add on the fact that he also does Sports Medicine. He took care of my wife as a child and now takes care of our daughter. Excellent doctor!
hello

Anderson, SC

#83 Dec 4, 2010
Dr. Giles will always be the best. I like Dr. Perry also, the first time we had to see him he knew all about my sons blood disorder. Hardly anyone knew anything about it. He will also take the time to answer all your questions, maybe thats why we all have to wait when we go to Green Mnt. Peds. Anderea is great. Dont for get nurse Carole, shes the best......
harley chick

United States

#84 Dec 5, 2010
Dr cobble is the best. He was my dr growing up and he knows his stuff. Go to cobble
HAha

Franklin, TN

#85 Dec 6, 2010
Mcgill FOR SURE
Green Mountain did my son very wrong.
We went threw Fuller, Perry, and Giles.
Before I heard about Dr. Mcgill we were driving to Knoxville for his doctor.
Believe what you want but when it comes to a life threating matter, Fuller and Perry run.
Let it Be

Kingston Springs, TN

#86 Dec 6, 2010
Dr.Cobble is the very best pediatrician.Any doctor who works the long hours he works and has the patient load he has..well,that says it right there.He really cares about children and their families.

Since: Jan 11

Chuckey

#88 Jan 4, 2011
My girlfriend takes her kids to Dr. Swarner or Dr Cobble when Swarner isnt available. He has seen her kids on days when other Drs were not in the office.
i wonder

Johnson City, TN

#89 Jan 4, 2011
i wonder how many new paitents Dr. Perry has had since his kids made it in Nashville..

like omggggg the band perry's dad is my kids doctor..-insert squeal here-
just sayin

Johnson City, TN

#90 Jan 23, 2012
So we went to Dr. Cobble and when we went in the front door we had to pass several of the nurses smoking out front...not so sure that sends the right message to kids. During the well check up they even asked my son if he smoked. He's 5! Are you joking?!? Secondly, when I took my daughter's temperature at home it read 101.5, yet when the nurses at Dr. Cobble's office took her temperature UNDER HER ARM (which I learned in training is the least accurate) even I noticed that the back of the thermometer was sticking out the back side of her armpit, and surprise, no fever. I asked them to check her temp another way and they went hunting for a glass mercury filled thermometer circa 1977 to take it rectally. Really!?! They never even commented when my daughter dropped off the weight chart, until I asked and expressed concern. Not to mention the sick and "well" waiting rooms aren't separated...even though you can wait in the allergy shot waiting room with no tv or toys if you are there for a well visit. I found their office to be antiquated and their bedside manner was rough. When he held my screaming child down and man handled her through an exam we had had enough, and made the switch.
We saw Dr. Perry at the hospital and he was wonderful! However, I have heard his wait times are really long. So we went with Dr. McGill and found both he and his office and staff to be very kind, professional, accommodating, up to date, and having relatively short wait times.
I have worked for doctors offices and trained in the medical field, and these are my opinions.
really good

Johnson City, TN

#91 Jan 23, 2012
Dr. McGill is really good. That is who we take our great grand son to. He and the nurses are the best
anonymous

United States

#92 Jan 23, 2012
I like Dr Pepper... He is very smooth and refreshing compared to the rest...
living on the edge

Boiling Springs, SC

#93 Jan 23, 2012
Dr. Perry use to be really slow but now that he is open later if you get a appointment after 5 its usually pretty quick.

Johnson City, TN

#94 Jan 23, 2012
We love Dr. Cobble and Darla the nurse practioner. Friends rave about Dr. Perry, but we have been warned that due to his children's careers he is frequently out of town and unavailable.
living on the edge

Boiling Springs, SC

#95 Jan 23, 2012
That's not true he is no longer their manager so he is frequently at the office.

Johnson City, TN

#96 Jan 23, 2012
living on the edge wrote:
That's not true he is no longer their manager so he is frequently at the office.
Thanks for the update, did not realize things had changed. We are settled with Dr. Cobble, but really have heard good things about Dr. Perry. I have friends who live in Nashville who still call him for a second opinion.
Parent

Kingston Springs, TN

#97 Jan 23, 2012
just sayin wrote:
So we went to Dr. Cobble and when we went in the front door we had to pass several of the nurses smoking out front...not so sure that sends the right message to kids. During the well check up they even asked my son if he smoked. He's 5! Are you joking?!? Secondly, when I took my daughter's temperature at home it read 101.5, yet when the nurses at Dr. Cobble's office took her temperature UNDER HER ARM (which I learned in training is the least accurate) even I noticed that the back of the thermometer was sticking out the back side of her armpit, and surprise, no fever. I asked them to check her temp another way and they went hunting for a glass mercury filled thermometer circa 1977 to take it rectally. Really!?! They never even commented when my daughter dropped off the weight chart, until I asked and expressed concern. Not to mention the sick and "well" waiting rooms aren't separated...even though you can wait in the allergy shot waiting room with no tv or toys if you are there for a well visit. I found their office to be antiquated and their bedside manner was rough. When he held my screaming child down and man handled her through an exam we had had enough, and made the switch.
We saw Dr. Perry at the hospital and he was wonderful! However, I have heard his wait times are really long. So we went with Dr. McGill and found both he and his office and staff to be very kind, professional, accommodating, up to date, and having relatively short wait times.
I have worked for doctors offices and trained in the medical field, and these are my opinions.
Trained what???Do you really expect anyone to take this seriously?Hello???Dr.Cobble's office has 2 waiting rooms.And he has a wonderful Nurse Practitioner.The man is very professional,and yes,you have to wait sometimes.That should tell you something.I like Dr.McGill,but he does not have the patients that Dr.Cobble has..I am glad they were accommodating and nice to you.Stay there..Interesting you felt the need to get on topix and stretch the truth....
Alpha

Glen Allen, VA

#98 Jan 23, 2012
Fuller is quick to hand out the ADD meds...
enquiringmindswa nttoknow

Maggie Valley, NC

#99 May 27, 2013
what are all the secrets about mcgill especially the ones his own wife would tell? really his wife would tell secrets about him?

Since: Feb 13

Arcadia, SC

#100 May 28, 2013
enquiringmindswanttoknow wrote:
what are all the secrets about mcgill especially the ones his own wife would tell? really his wife would tell secrets about him?
there is nothing 2 tell about doc, he's a great guy that treats every kid like they r his!! Just tryn 2 start drama where their is none loser!!
Country Girl

Cookeville, TN

#101 Oct 13, 2013
I was actually a childhood friend of Dr. McGill. It's totally bazaar to find him for the first time in years on a topix thread. I'm glad he followed through with medical school and i hope he is doing well personally and professionally. I'm not surprised at all that he works with kids. I bet he is great with them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sex (Apr '11) 3 hr Dare2love 31
Walgreens on AJ pharmacy snot stole 3 of my bup... 3 hr Web MD 5
________Flat Earth ________ 3 hr Leonardo 65
SG Volleyball 3 hr Lolz 44
Mean Walmart Rant... 5 hr Just Dubya 87
Southern Independence 6 hr Leonardo 7
Good churches? 6 hr Dr Wu 26
Is Trump going soft on us... 8 hr Leonardo 46
parent fight at CC Elementary 8 hr fred sanford 20
Bad wreck tonight 16 hr Mr Christian 4