First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wondering

United States

#1 Jan 17, 2012
I need to join a gym and start working out, which is the best to join?
1. YMCA
2. Body By Me
3. Fit Club

Reason as to why if you got the time please.
lol

Irmo, SC

#2 Jan 17, 2012
Fit club ....not as crowded as the y and got way better equipment than body and the management is really good
IIMeanus

United States

#3 Jan 17, 2012
Pay as you go for a while and try them all before deciding.
Kiefer McClanahan

Elizabethton, TN

#4 Jan 17, 2012
The y is alright but is over crowded, but on the flip side there isn't very many weight lifters in there. Mostly people on treadmills. I bench 335 and I'm easily top 5 strongest who regularly attend.

Body by Me is not as crowded but it's dark and fucking depressing.

And my only complaint with fit club is that it's small.

You could try the body shop but it's pretty exclusive. Hoped all this helped.
wondering

Mooresville, NC

#5 Jan 17, 2012
Good info. Thanks but what or where is the Body Shop?
Info

Albemarle, NC

#6 Jan 17, 2012
If you haven't heard of the body shop your probably not getting in.
wondering

Mooresville, NC

#7 Jan 17, 2012
Is it the one at the old ford pace and something about only cops can workout there?
Lifter

Brentwood, TN

#8 Jan 17, 2012
Wondering, your best choice would be the YMCA or the Fit Club. No one here on Topix is going to get into the Body Shop. Don't even try. It's a very hard core, no frills type of place. It caters to hard core lifters, power lifters and strong man competitors. There are guys over there putting up serious weight. You have to know the "owner" personally to get in.
The Fit Club is a very nice go between. It has places for more serious lifters and your tread mill types. Also, it has very good and knowledgable management and is reasonably priced.
wondering

Mooresville, NC

#9 Jan 17, 2012
Yeah don't think body shop for me. I not looking for powerlifting just want to get in shape. What about waiting on equipment? Last thing I want to do is go in and have to wait for weights. Ha
sniper

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Jan 17, 2012
buy or trz a total gym if u just wanta tone up there great
power

Jonesborough, TN

#11 Jan 18, 2012
body shop is great but to focused on juice and coke
Johnny

Nolensville, TN

#12 Jan 18, 2012
Yeah, I've been there. Most of those guys like the original Coca Cola. But, I have seen apple juice and orange juice being consumed.
mee2

Jonesborough, TN

#13 Jan 18, 2012
Johnny wrote:
Yeah, I've been there. Most of those guys like the original Coca Cola. But, I have seen apple juice and orange juice being consumed.
Coca Cola Orange juice Apple juice omg they should be raided we cant have that LOL
lmmfao

United States

#14 Jan 18, 2012
Where's this place? Sounds like my kind of place, I need serious help to get big.
Kiefer McClanahan

Elizabethton, TN

#15 Jan 20, 2012
Agreed, but if Fit Club is going out of business then the Ymca would be your best bet. I would go with a monthly membership. It hasn't pushed my bank account over the top yet lol.
Lifter

Knoxville, TN

#16 Jan 20, 2012
Fit Club going out of business? I've no heard that one. I believe Alan can float that place a little longer.
Kiefer McClanahan

Chatsworth, GA

#17 Jan 20, 2012
theres another thread about it somewhere.

Since: May 12

India

#18 May 24, 2012
wondering wrote:
I need to join a gym and start working out, which is the best to join?
1. YMCA
2. Body By Me
3. Fit Club
Reason as to why if you got the time please.
Gym is best when it provides the best personal attention to each and every member. The gym instructor and the environment inside are also desirable.
truthbetold

United States

#19 May 25, 2012
......there's only one in this town worth spending your money on.The Y sucks worst of all...kids hanging all over their impractical equipment,crowded,no squat rack,bench press benches are retarded,and that Debby woman in charge will remind you of that elementary teacher you had in school that always acted like she had a corncob up her a**....body by me is like working out in your basement......35 years ago,The Fit Club is just like the name sounds...doesn't even have a decent squat rack,some of the machines are way too easy to max out on and built for old folks or kids,not nearly enough free weight equipment....the business hours absolutely suck if you are serious about your training.If the Body Shop will let you in there,that's the place to go.
jay

Los Angeles, CA

#20 May 26, 2012
total gym

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do u thirst 9 min Kohlrabi 6
wikq football (Oct '13) 10 min james keith 29
We must repent as a nation the only way 12 min Kohlrabi 4
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 16 min Irving 149,869
warehouse on e. hardin street 27 min shortbeard 2
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 27 min Jennifer Renee 4,126
LANDLORDS in greeneville,greene county? READ 35 min Kohlrabi 2
Greene County Schools 51 min common sense 12
Greene County Commissioners Are So Embarrassing 1 hr gc resident 55
Linda Kirk + furniture... 8 hr Agree 20
•••
•••
Greeneville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••