First Prev
of 3
Next Last
concerned

Gallatin, TN

#1 Dec 16, 2012
can someone please define "bullying"....a friend of mine's child has been stalked at ballgames, had inappropriate text and fb posts, been called names, created "drama" between friends to make the bully look good, laughed at, and the latest was a verbal threat of going to knock (and I quote) her F+++ing head off, then calling her a F+++ing b++++.....the bully has been "talked to", and "talked to" again, and "talked to" again, family has been called but that it is still going on....school staff have been talked to and nothing has changed....what does it mean with ZERO TOLERANCE for bullying....kids are going to be kids and name call etc but shouldn't the line be drawn when the GOOD kid with no record of problems throughout school years is now not wanting to go to school and definitely when this child has now been verbally and physically threatened???? Given the violence we see on TV and all the problems in schools nowadays it seems nothing is done to help prevent these things from happening, such as taking a stand with this bully now. This bully has bullied at least 3 other kids and at least 2 other parents have complained to the school....does something PHYSICAL and possibly life threatening have to happen before something is done????
concerned 2

Gallatin, TN

#2 Dec 16, 2012
I too am concerned with this situation as it seems that the school staff do not care and are not willing to do their part in protecting the kids at the school or inforcing the rules. I would personally go over the schools head and possibly even press personal charges against this child... is this a greene county school?
concerned

Gallatin, TN

#3 Dec 16, 2012
CDMS....they have suspended a couple other students for "bullying" but for some reason won't do anything with this girl...just hope nothing happens to the innocent ones before they decide to do something!
Whatever

Jonesborough, TN

#4 Dec 16, 2012
Zero tolerance doesn't apply to friends of the school's board and staff.
go figure

Gallatin, TN

#5 Dec 16, 2012
CDMS has has many problems over the past couple of years from sports to staff leaving to now bullying. You will have to go higher up to get anything done because they play favorites there and like with sports things had to go higher to get anything done. Bullying is much more serious and should not be taken lightly but they are not going to do anything....DOCUMENT~~tell your friend to document EVERYTHING that happens and who all she talks to about her child!!! She may need it later on!
other mother

Gallatin, TN

#6 Dec 16, 2012
I to have had problems with this same child picking on my child...and I too have been to the school. They are not real willing to hear what is going on with this child for whatever reason. She has a bad homelife etc. and we felt sorry for her for a while but things are getting out of hand again. Tell your friend to try going to Dr. Kirk or like was mentioned ealier, pressing charges or getting an order of protection against this kid...the order of protection would HAVE to be enforced, but tell the mom and dad or parents whoever they are to make sure they are keeping records of what is happening so when and if this kid does follow through with her threats then she can hang all the ones she has gone to at the school! Praying nothing terrible happens!!
concerned

Gallatin, TN

#7 Dec 16, 2012
So "Whatever"...are you saying that nothing will be done at all?? I don't think this kid or family is in with the staff or friends with anyone who works there. She transferred in last year and hasn't been in Green Co system long.
Whatever

Jonesborough, TN

#9 Dec 16, 2012
concerned wrote:
So "Whatever"...are you saying that nothing will be done at all?? I don't think this kid or family is in with the staff or friends with anyone who works there. She transferred in last year and hasn't been in Green Co system long.
Sounds like things should of already been done, but for some reason they're not. I agree with the other poster on contacting DR. Kirk. If nothing gets done then, you could contact channel 11 news. From what they say they are in our corner. I understand your situation. I have a child in high school. If I ever found out this was going on with my child and teachers were ignoring it. I've got a couple friends who have nephews on the football team, I'd pay their nephews $100. a week to take care of this situation. You may not have the money, and you should not have to think like this, but sometimes you got to do what you got to do.
concerned

Gallatin, TN

#10 Dec 16, 2012
I am just so concerned about my friends' child. She is a good kid, but afraid to go to school, is doing the right thing by telling the staff-even after they told her the first time to always come and tell them, but now feels like it's not worth it....I am afraid this child will withdraw and begin to have problems if she feels no one cares enough to do anything! My daughter spent the night with her and a couple others and they were talking about how afrai they all were of this kid, but ... nothing has been done yet. Mrs. Brooks is the principal and Mr. Broyles is the assistent principal who is in charge of discipline. One parent was up at the school about a month ago for an event and he overheard the assistant principal upset with all the discipline problems he was having to deal with and how frustrated he was...it's only going to get worse if they don't crack down on things there.
concerned

Gallatin, TN

#11 Dec 16, 2012
The principal is always "too busy" to deal with anything like my friends kid. She always refers those things to the assistant principal....pretty sad when neither one of them can effectively control the school...
Fed up

Nashville, TN

#12 Dec 16, 2012
concerned wrote:
CDMS....they have suspended a couple other students for "bullying" but for some reason won't do anything with this girl...just hope nothing happens to the innocent ones before they decide to do something!
My son has a disibility and goes to cdms and a girl was making fun of the way he walks and my son told her to stfu,(I know that wasn't nice either but she should not have did that needless to say my son was suspended for bullying!! But yet nothing happened to her !?? Wth
Nita Mann

Greenwood, SC

#13 Dec 16, 2012
I believe I would teach my kid self-defense. When the opportunity arose, the bully would have wished he/she had preyed on another victim. I implemented this in my own life a couple of times as directed by my elders. Worked like a charm! I never got picked on again & actually defended some "weaker" kids. It all has to be done very discreetly so the bully doesn't get to play the victim card. I don't advocate violence but enough is enough especially if the school officials fail to take action. My policy is to be victorious rather than being a victim! ;)
Really

Gallatin, TN

#14 Dec 16, 2012
Ah, first problem is a woman principle, take that how you want but a man needs to be the principle. What about this assistant principle, Mr. Broyles. Is he an authoritative person or does he put off the nice guy persona?

You need leadership there that the kids have some fear of, not leadership that fears the kids.
Nita Mann

Greenwood, SC

#15 Dec 16, 2012
Really wrote:
Ah, first problem is a woman principle, take that how you want but a man needs to be the principle. What about this assistant principle, Mr. Broyles. Is he an authoritative person or does he put off the nice guy persona?
You need leadership there that the kids have some fear of, not leadership that fears the kids.
A person with PRINCIPLES will make an excellent PRINCIPAL!(Note the spelling lol) I think a principal, no matter their gender, has an incredibly tough job in that they must please the government, parents, teachers, children, etc or politicos will have them ousted. They must protect, educate, parent, lead, & nurture while maintaining the delicate balance of government requiremts. Some women are more capable than some men in these roles. It certainly is a role in which you have to be tough & have the ability to lay down the law when it is required. I've seen both competent men & women serving as principals. I can see the advantage of each if their position & duties were based solely on stereotypes. In reality, as with any other job, some people are cut out for leadership & some are not, no matter their gender.
Really

Gallatin, TN

#16 Dec 16, 2012
I've never met a woman that I feared. That's why a woman will never be president. They just don't have the kahunas for the job.
seriously

Crossville, TN

#17 Dec 16, 2012
Really wrote:
I've never met a woman that I feared. That's why a woman will never be president. They just don't have the kahunas for the job.
You may not have met a woman you feared but many people have. Men tell me all the time they are scared of me. So, it does NOT matter the gender of the person in charge.
concerned

Gallatin, TN

#18 Dec 16, 2012
I agree that gender is not the issue, just someone who will do their job. They are responsible for several hundred kids a day and NO ONE deserves to feel threatened or bullied. My friend is really fed up and come to find out this has been going on for a couple of months now....as for Mr. Broyles, he is all for calling kids in to the office and talking to them....for 2 months now with the same bully it hasn't worked or it wouldn't still be happening...why not send the bully to the school where they house all the mean kids-this bully might learn a thing or too...kids should not be afraid of the kids they go to school with or the adults!!
concerned

Gallatin, TN

#19 Dec 16, 2012
dear fed up, I would be interested in knowing the name of the girl who made fun of him...the child my friends kid is being bullied by is a girl as well.....
in the same boat

Hollywood, FL

#20 Dec 16, 2012
My son also goes to cdms and is also being bullied as well. When he defends him self he is the one that gets in trouble and nothing happens to the other student. I know my son is not a peferct angel all the time but something is going to give at that school and yes they do have there picks at the school. If they are a sports team or band or what have you when they do wrong nothing is ever done.
Really

Gallatin, TN

#21 Dec 16, 2012
concerned wrote:
I agree that gender is not the issue, just someone who will do their job. They are responsible for several hundred kids a day and NO ONE deserves to feel threatened or bullied. My friend is really fed up and come to find out this has been going on for a couple of months now....as for Mr. Broyles, he is all for calling kids in to the office and talking to them....for 2 months now with the same bully it hasn't worked or it wouldn't still be happening...why not send the bully to the school where they house all the mean kids-this bully might learn a thing or too...kids should not be afraid of the kids they go to school with or the adults!!
Oh he calls them in the office and talks to them? That should solve the problem then. Really? Really? Seriously?

Boot her butt out of the school immediately!

Ask yourself, what would Mr. Clark do? Mr. Clark don't play.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 1 hr Agnus 11,211
Tanner Barkley 1 hr Karma 1
Factories in Greeneville 2 hr Karma 4
where to eat in greeneville 2 hr Karma 7
Uhhhh-ohhhhhh private email again! 3 hr Hillary Lied 9
Any good mechanics in Greeneville? (Aug '09) 3 hr Please respond 79
Honeybees & fighting roosters don't mix 4 hr Max Planck 8
Max Planck For Sheriff 5 hr Max Planck 278
Nolachuckey Teacher Fired? 12 hr POS 60

Greeneville Jobs