Man killed in jail
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Anyone Know

Elizabethton, TN

#1 Sep 14, 2011
Has anyone heard if someone was killed in Greene county jail last night???????
not surprised

Charlotte, NC

#3 Sep 14, 2011
No but if its true, I bet it wont be in the Greeneville Sun. Not if it pertains to the jail. That place is pathetic. Don't get me wrong, inmates shouldn't be at the holiday inn there but they shouldn't be treated inhumane either!!!!
Convicted

Dickson, TN

#4 Sep 14, 2011
I think a guard killed him for his green beans and apple
awesomeO

Smyrna, TN

#5 Sep 14, 2011
They aren't treated inhumane at all.
knight 06

Brentwood, TN

#6 Sep 14, 2011
yeah they are my dad was beat within an inch of his life back in 07 dont give me that cock and bull
shutup

Charlotte, NC

#7 Sep 14, 2011
knight 06 wrote:
yeah they are my dad was beat within an inch of his life back in 07 dont give me that cock and bull
He probably deserved it. Not trying to be mean, but inmates aren't beat just for fun.
really now

Elizabethton, TN

#8 Sep 14, 2011
They are given two slices of bread and a piece of cheese for lunch.... granted they are in jail but, they are still human and need proper nourishment
Gvilletrucker

Columbia, SC

#9 Sep 14, 2011
Whut was he in for ?
workhouse

Madison, TN

#10 Sep 14, 2011
idk about someone killed but I do know the workhouse is a joke. Hear they have all the pills you want if you have money in your account
Catfish

Smyrna, TN

#11 Sep 14, 2011
really now wrote:
They are given two slices of bread and a piece of cheese for lunch.... granted they are in jail but, they are still human and need proper nourishment
I eat that for lunch often. What's wrong with a cheese sandwich?
awesomeO

Smyrna, TN

#12 Sep 14, 2011
really now wrote:
They aren't even required to.give that to them.
Knows

Saint Petersburg, FL

#15 Sep 15, 2011
Greene Goblin wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't Iraq or some remote section of Russia.
MINIMUM STANDARDS FOR LOCAL CORRECTIONAL FACILITIES
Working prisoners shall receive at least three (3) meals every twenty-four (24) hours with no more
than fourteen (14) hours between any two meals. At least two (2) of these meals shall be hot. Nonworking prisoners shall receive at least two (2) meals every twenty-four (24) hours with no more than
fourteen (14) hours between any two meals.
http://www.tn.gov/sos/rules/1400/1400-01.pdf
I did 20 days for weed when I was younger. EVERYBODY gets 3 meals a day. Lunch is the only cold meal you have.
Knows

Saint Petersburg, FL

#16 Sep 15, 2011
Don't really care what you read either.
agree

Saint Petersburg, FL

#17 Sep 15, 2011
really now wrote:
You do about starve in there, unless you have ppl you trust send you $.
Rufus Ruffgut

Jonesborough, TN

#18 Sep 15, 2011
Here's an idea. If you don't like the food the restaurant serves, don't go back to that restaurant.
Fruit Salad

Hendersonville, TN

#19 Sep 15, 2011
Does anyone know who was hurt/killed?
Baretta

Morrison, TN

#20 Sep 15, 2011
Greene Goblin wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't Iraq or some remote section of Russia.
MINIMUM STANDARDS FOR LOCAL CORRECTIONAL FACILITIES
Working prisoners shall receive at least three (3) meals every twenty-four (24) hours with no more
than fourteen (14) hours between any two meals. At least two (2) of these meals shall be hot. Nonworking prisoners shall receive at least two (2) meals every twenty-four (24) hours with no more than
fourteen (14) hours between any two meals.
http://www.tn.gov/sos/rules/1400/1400-01.pdf
Don't do the crime if you cant do the time...can you dig it....
why

Boiling Springs, SC

#21 Sep 15, 2011
Fruit Salad wrote:
Does anyone know who was hurt/killed?
there was a incident at the jail. A young man had his face severely beaten. He was taken to jcmc and had to undergo emergency surgery. He is in intensive care. But get this, the family of this young man was NOT notified. Even before emergency surgery. The family was notified after one of his friends in jail made a telephone call to someone in his family. They had no idea the seriousness of this condition and I'm wondering why they weren't notified or if the sheriffs dept would have even bothered notifing his family.
Just wondering

Smyrna, TN

#22 Sep 15, 2011
so no one has answered yet.... does anyone know who what hurt??? or whatever?
money

Madison, TN

#23 Sep 15, 2011
agree wrote:
<quoted text>You do about starve in there, unless you have ppl you trust send you $.
thats how they trade for lortabs etc

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Southern Independence 42 min Leonardo 11
Fed up with CCU 46 min fed up 1
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 1 hr Tandy 10,260
Twisted Scissors Salon (Feb '14) 2 hr Amber 10
Is Trump going soft on us... 2 hr Omg 47
Bad wreck tonight 2 hr Mrs Roberson 5
parent fight at CC Elementary 2 hr Mrs Roberson 22

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance