First Prev
of 2
Next Last
good citzen

Johnson City, TN

#21 Mar 28, 2011
Ms. rhonda was the only reason my children stayed at asbury! She was a great teacher and very maternal. I never worried when they were with her and if we knew she was going to be out; we would often make other arrangements because the other teacher in the class room was very rude and offending to many of us parents. So, I cant express enough praise about Ms Rhonda and what ever center that has her has an excellent teacher and better hang on to her.
all about kids parent

Johnson City, TN

#22 Mar 28, 2011
I am very happy to have Ms Rhonda as my childs teacher! I am amazed at what she is able to teach them at such a young age and with the large number of children in her class. Her room is wonderful and very inviting. She is always pleasant and thoughtful even when I would be pulling my hair out! I am aware that she has a daughter of her own and I can see the love they share but yet Ms Rhonda is very loving and comforting to all the children and they all seem to love her!
drama

United States

#23 Mar 28, 2011
Rhonda was at Asbury for over a decade. She left Asbury after she decided to leave her husband. Some church members started taking sides in the divorce making Asbury an uncomfortable place to work. Rhonda has helped raise half the kids in this town. Hundreds of Asbury parents would vouch for her. As for the check issue...that was family related drama.

As for All About Kids, they are a 3 star center, they have surveillance cameras, and i have found them to be very friendly. It is my opinion that Asbury, All About Kids, and Noahs Ark are all excellent centers. Just depends who has an opening. All 3 usually have a wait list.

Being that this is a small town full of rumors, I would suggest finding a more accurate source than Topix. If you are trying to find a place for your child, check out all the centers and base your decision on that. Or ask someone that you know to be credible:)

Also, I would imagine that most people who get on Topix and bash these companies are probably disgruntled employees who were recently fired. Just saying:)
cache

Elizabethton, TN

#24 Mar 30, 2011
drama wrote:
Rhonda was at Asbury for over a decade. She left Asbury after she decided to leave her husband. Some church members started taking sides in the divorce making Asbury an uncomfortable place to work. Rhonda has helped raise half the kids in this town. Hundreds of Asbury parents would vouch for her. As for the check issue...that was family related drama.
As for All About Kids, they are a 3 star center, they have surveillance cameras, and i have found them to be very friendly. It is my opinion that Asbury, All About Kids, and Noahs Ark are all excellent centers. Just depends who has an opening. All 3 usually have a wait list.
Being that this is a small town full of rumors, I would suggest finding a more accurate source than Topix. If you are trying to find a place for your child, check out all the centers and base your decision on that. Or ask someone that you know to be credible:)
Also, I would imagine that most people who get on Topix and bash these companies are probably disgruntled employees who were recently fired. Just saying:)
People need to talk to those disgruntled employees to find out what "really" goes on when you walk out the door and leave your baby behind. Some people are just evil and not what they appear. The truth usually comes to light when you piss somebody off. just sayin:)
NoName

Johnson City, TN

#25 Apr 2, 2011
Yes, go check out different daycares. You need to take your child with you simply because some personalities just do not match. I tried to get my son into Asbury from the time he started daycare and he never got in. Very long waiting list. Most daycares have them now these days though.

As far as the money, yes, children are very expensive, but I'm sure we all knew that before having them. I'm very picky with my son and had him only in daycares I felt comfortable with and where he felt comfy at. Same thing for now, as he is too old for daycare. Good, quality care is expensive. I'd rather have someone over qualified than under when it comes to the care of my son.

A good one to look into is the Greene County Christian School and Daycare. Nice people there. At least I think that is the name. Very nice facility. I don't agree with them throwing religion in their faces, but the quality is great. It is, however, quite pricey.:(
Care giver

Jonesborough, TN

#26 May 13, 2011
A center should not be prompted to have cameras up unless there are things going on that shouldn't be.

Inside source from CCR&R says the cameras were set in place because the problems that had been occuring with laws.
Asbury

United States

#27 Dec 27, 2012
Asbury has had more down times than good over the past few years. Instead of looking for teachers with degrees, common sense, and relativity to the children's needs they have gone with the more "valuable way" of letting high school graduates who can't spell fluently teach the county's toddlers. Many of the teachers after Rhonda have been strung along and let go for not meeting the directors certain profile of teaching - simply because it was not what she as a director saw fit. There was no room for individuality and therefore many of the children have fallen victim to having multiple teachers in and out of the rooms. Within a mere year span. That's hard on kids & as a parent I'm not going to pay all that money each week for my child to learn to do hand prints and eat dismal lunches. I have not obtained knowledge of the other centers but bringing people in and allowing the children to make atrachments only to let the teacher go or them quit is poor child service. Each patent should make their own decisions but social emotional is a major part of a child's ability to mesh well with other children as they mature. Consistency in their friends and abilities are critical. I have seen a few great teachers come and go from Asbury - enough to know my infant will not be going there
Asbury

United States

#28 Dec 27, 2012
cache wrote:
<quoted text>
People need to talk to those disgruntled employees to find out what "really" goes on when you walk out the door and leave your baby behind. Some people are just evil and not what they appear. The truth usually comes to light when you piss somebody off. just sayin:)
Could not agree more. All smiles and giggles to your face then lies and conniving when one turns their back.
Downhill

Boiling Springs, SC

#29 Jan 12, 2013
Watch and mark my words Asbury will roll over teachers again soon and the new director will be shortly behind - its going downhill fast.
Irene

Davidson, NC

#30 Jan 13, 2013
So is All About Kids. Both of their centers are horrible...kids are leaving like crazy. I can't say that I blame them either.
1whoknows

Davidson, NC

#31 Jan 13, 2013
A Parnet 2 wrote:
I recommend All About Kids across from Laughlin Hospital! They are "the best". My opinion. I use them and I love them! Visit the daycares you think you are interested in and see for yourself which you feel most comfortable with. After all, that is your right. Asbury seems to always have a waiting list and in my opinion they are not "all that"
Good one Kelly and Matt and the third party Brittany

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I get on topix 1 hr fraud 63
Christy Garrett 3 hr Wokie Spoket 6
***** last post wins ***** 3 hr Kohlrabi 292
rice box 3 hr Skillz 14
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 3 hr Melissa1333 5,059
d w i and u s nitrogen 4 hr Other side 7
Black Friday 4 hr josh 12
Tragedy 13 hr Trunketeer 10
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match