Asbury Child Enrichment Centers

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Parent

Jonesborough, TN

#1 Jan 22, 2011
Im looking for a daycare and heard of this place and need sum 411 on it. Sounds like a good place. Who are sum ppl who work there? I need to know that
A Parnet 2

Hendersonville, TN

#2 Jan 22, 2011
I recommend All About Kids across from Laughlin Hospital! They are "the best". My opinion. I use them and I love them! Visit the daycares you think you are interested in and see for yourself which you feel most comfortable with. After all, that is your right. Asbury seems to always have a waiting list and in my opinion they are not "all that"
Anti

Nashville, TN

#3 Mar 26, 2011
Asbury is good. they have a waiting list for reason. All about kids is a disgrace i heard they spank kids there and leave them buckled in seats for thirty minuets at a.time.i know plenty of parents that left that place because they did not treat thier kids appropriately.and didnt one of all about kids emplyees get arrested for stealing checks and trying to cash them a numerous places???
I KNOW

Fort Campbell, TN

#4 Mar 26, 2011
Anti wrote:
Asbury is good. they have a waiting list for reason. All about kids is a disgrace i heard they spank kids there and leave them buckled in seats for thirty minuets at a.time.i know plenty of parents that left that place because they did not treat thier kids appropriately.and didnt one of all about kids emplyees get arrested for stealing checks and trying to cash them a numerous places???
The gal that works there is Rhonda Johnson and she did get arrested for forgery,but pled guilty to lesser charge.She is a thief and will steal from anyone,even her family.parents beware.
Reality of it all

Johnson City, TN

#5 Mar 26, 2011
Best way to find childcare is to visit the ones you are interested in. Ask if they have references. If it is a decent child care facility they will allow you to visit each room and look in on the classrooms . go several times before making your decision.Make appointment for enrollment packet but drop in unannounced a few times.mid morning and maybe again on an afternoon just to see if things are as they seemed at your scheduled visit! Asbury is probably as good as the next in Greeneville. People little snooty if you want an honest opinion! Look into Childrens Center or small Miracles! Also, GooseBerry suppose to be good pre school. If location not the issue then I'd reccomend Mosheim Child Care. Pam Supco runs that and I think she does awesome job!!! She has cared for both of my chilldren and They love her!She has my youngest now 4 and had my oldest now 9. My9 year old is and has always been at top of class!!! I give Pam most of the credit. She really works with them to make sure they have great start to learning! She only keeps pre-k age tho. Usually has waiting list too. Get on list early for next fall.
All about kids parent

Gallatin, TN

#6 Mar 26, 2011
If they spank kids at All About Kids then why can't I get mine to leave in the afternoons? He would be running to me wanting to leave if he was mistreated.
Also why is there a sign a the door that says they have cameras? If they have cameras up why would they want to have them to incrimidate themselves spanking kids?
I highly recommend them.
As for Ms Rhonda she came to All About Kids from Asbury did she not?
busted

Clover, SC

#7 Mar 26, 2011
Asbury is nothing but a bunch of snobby people that think they are better than everybody else
Another parent

Hilo, HI

#8 Mar 26, 2011
I have to agree with the All About Kids parent. My kid never wants to leave either. I have been there at various times of the day, unannounced and have NEVER saw anyone mistreating a child. My child loves everyone there.
brokenhappy

United States

#9 Mar 26, 2011
We used ABC on the Asheville hwy. Never had a problem, one teacher was a little absurd when it came to being strict and calling kids out in front of everyone, but that stopped quick when parents spoke up. They cost a lot less than the others at(well, it was) $90 a week. I had heard Noah's Ark and Asbury, although very clean, attentive and well staffed, were up to $130 or more a week depending on age of the children. Our little one is in elementary school now, if we have another we will deffinitely go back to ABC after the great 2 years we had there with our first.
harley

United States

#10 Mar 27, 2011
Asbury..is the best out of all of them...my child loves it... it is high but money is no object when it comes to your kids..
busted

Clover, SC

#11 Mar 27, 2011
It is when you cant afford almost $200 a week. What single mother could afford that?
AsburyMom

Oak Grove, KY

#12 Mar 27, 2011
Asbury is about $111/week for 4-5 year olds, and $132/week for 6 weeks to 1 year olds. They also offer scholarships to people, as in single moms who are struggling to make ends meet. I have had children in Asbury for over 5 years now, and no one has ever been "snooty." It's not a perfect place, but it is a 3-star facility. There are doctors' children there, teachers' kids, factory workers' kids, as well as children of single moms who are working their way through school. All kids are treated with love, go to chapel and the library every week, and are well prepared for Kindergarten when they leave.
justwondering

Johnson City, TN

#13 Mar 27, 2011
All about kids parent wrote:
If they spank kids at All About Kids then why can't I get mine to leave in the afternoons? He would be running to me wanting to leave if he was mistreated.
Also why is there a sign a the door that says they have cameras? If they have cameras up why would they want to have them to incrimidate themselves spanking kids?
I highly recommend them.
is this the rhonda with the big blonde hair?? i thought i seen her in the busted paper.. what did she do?? i think she and her husband worked at magnavox years ago...
brokenhappy

Clover, SC

#14 Mar 27, 2011
busted wrote:
It is when you cant afford almost $200 a week. What single mother could afford that?
Scholarships aren't that easy to come by. If you work full time, even single, you won't get much help from anyone but family(if you have family willing to help). I'm married, but even our combined income barely is enough sometimes. People will tell you from the time your child is born that if you really love them, you'll give them the best. The truth is that if you love them(as if we don't, right), you'll do the best you can. If there are places out there willing to take just as good care of your child for a lot less money and it helps you get all the bill paid to take better care of them in the long run, why not try it out? If you do qualify for a scholarship, by all means take it. I'd have killed for one. But don't let people push you into going broke just to make sure your child is right up there with doctor's kids. All kids are just kids, and all parents love them the same no matter what they can and can't afford.
amazed

United States

#15 Mar 27, 2011
Of course doctors don't have any problem paying but the most of greene co residence can not afford that. Even if its just 160 a week that is probably halfof what people around here make.
brokenhappy

Clover, SC

#16 Mar 27, 2011
busted wrote:
Also, we called an set up times to tour 3 different places and let our daughter run around for a while to see what she thought as well. Do that instead of making the descision solely based on these comments on topix. Use the suggestions and ask some of these places about what you've heard here. There should be no reason they can't answer. Compare the cleanliness, way you saw the staff behaving with the kids, how happy the kids seem and don't forget to see what kind of meal/snack regimines they provide. Ps- ABC provides breakfast and I used to get so hungry walking in and smelling fresh muffins and buiscuts dropping mine off!
I KNOW

Fort Campbell, TN

#17 Mar 27, 2011
All about kids parent wrote:
I highly recommend them.
She got fired at Asbury.
justwondering

Johnson City, TN

#18 Mar 27, 2011
I KNOW wrote:
<quoted text>She got fired at Asbury.
why did she get fired???
All about kids parent

Gallatin, TN

#19 Mar 27, 2011
I KNOW wrote:
<quoted text>She got fired at Asbury.
I don't think so and besides she's in a supervised setting with cameras at All About Kids.

But let's get back to the subject. I don't have a child at Asbury but worked through the consignment sale last year. I found the ladies at the enrichment center very nice and friendly. No one snubbed me.
AsburyMom

Oak Grove, KY

#20 Mar 28, 2011
amazed wrote:
Of course doctors don't have any problem paying but the most of greene co residence can not afford that. Even if its just 160 a week that is probably halfof what people around here make.
Again, just to reiterate, the highest tuition at Asbury is $132/week, and that's for infants. It gets a little cheaper as the child gets older, to $111/week for ages 4 and 5. This is not cheap, and if anyone finds a center they feel is perfect for their child, and it fits her budget better, then that is definitely what she should do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elaine Watson / violet moon (Aug '11) 4 min flying fish cayce 20
Idiot in charge! 25 min Trumpisdumb 18
Birds of a feather ..... 27 min LmaO 2
Christians really?? 28 min LmaO 21
Mark furgason is a piece of (Oct '12) 1 hr Dummy 17
Why is judges breaking laws 2 hr Dirty dingus 6
Jonesborough 2 hr Dirty dingus 3
Old Oak was a joke 11 hr Allbymyself 46
Susan Crum Foundation (Jan '16) 13 hr Allbymyself 25

Greeneville Jobs